Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Saturday Night
Saturday, Week 1, October 1992

Your commentators: Jim Ross and Paul E. Dangerously

Segment of the Night – Lockdown!

After the bell the Connection stood over the defeated Mexican pairing, arms raised.

Dangerously: True dominance, Ross.

Ross: Sure, Paul, and maybe they can try it with the titles on the line.

Handed the belts, Pillman and Hart lifted them overhead, before clinking the faceplates together as though they were toasting one another.

Dangerously: They won in their last title defence.

Ross: Barry Windham lost the match – and his temper!

Dangerously: Same difference.

Ross: Not hardly.

Pillman and Hart looked set to leave the ring, but...

...Barry Windham marched out from the back, Dustin Rhodes following closely behind with an anxious expression on his face as he tried to keep pace with Windham’s determined stride. Rather than enter the ring, however, Windham stopped at the foot of the aisle, his face twisted into a snarl as he looked at the champions.

Windham: Now you, me, and everyone here knows that what happened at the Clash didn’t settle things between us. I beat you into a pulp but the referee decided that good old-fashioned Texas justice ain’t the done thing around here!

Windham: The fans cheered at the suggestion of ‘Texas justice’ – or, at least, the idea of Windham delivering it to the Calgary Connection.

Windham: And there’s not much stopping me from getting in that ring right now and doing it again!

The fans cheered this still more loudly. Windham glanced at Rhodes.

Windham: But I believe in making up for my mistakes, even if it costs me, and it’s sure as hell costing me not to get in there right now and get into it with you. But I owe Dustin, not just for that match, but for puling me back from the brink... So I’ve got a great idea for your two, since you seem so big on yourselves and how good you are-

Hart: With good reason!

Windham: Shut up! Just shut up!

Windham climbed up on the ring apron, glaring at the duo.

Windham: You still have those titles because I screwed up! I cost my team that match, I threw away our chance at the gold, I had you beat... and then threw it away because the referee didn’t like the way I was treating you.

He entered the ring, Rhodes following close behind and keeping a close eye on the Connection as they looked ready to get in Windham’s face. Windham, for his part, looked ready to fight, but was restraining himself, pacing back and forth on the spot, his knuckles white as he gripped the microphone.

Windham: So here’s the deal; You give me a chance to redeem myself, you give us another match for those titles, because otherwise all anyone’s going to remember is me beating you unconscious... and that doesn’t fit with your story about how good you are, does it?

Pillman and Hart looked at one another, Windham’s words seemingly having struck a chord.

Dangerously: Now, hang on a second...

Ventura: Wait one minute!

Jesse Ventura walked down the aisle, stopping short of entering the ring as though wanting to avoid getting caught between the two sides.

Ventura: Before Dangerously gets up from the announcers’ table and tells his champions not to agree to the match, I’m going to make it official – at Halloween Havoc you four will go to the well for the World tag titles. And Windham, I know you want to dish out your ‘Texas justice’ and you can do that... once. But if you screw up again, you’re done. If you and Rhodes lose this match, you don’t get another shot at the tag titles so long as the Calgary Connection holds the belts!

Hart and Pillman looked pleased with this, Windham and Rhodes less so.

Ventura: But then, I don’t want to see the referee throw this one out again, either. So here’s what we’re going to do: At Halloween Havoc, the four of you will fight for the World tag titles... in a steel cage!

Ross: Oh my!

Dangerously: This is... this is... unacceptable!

Ross: Sit down, Paul!

Dangerously: Sit down? This is absolutely unthinkable, unbelievable, unconstitutional... I’m lost for words!

Ross: Oh, thank God...

Windham looked delighted at the idea of being locked in a cage with the Connection. The Connection, perhaps remembering Windham’s words about his disappointment at missing out on War Games, seemed less pleased.

Ross: It’s official! At Halloween Havoc it’s Windham and Rhodes against the Calgary Connection for the World tag titles – in a steel cage!

WCW Hotline Show Notes

After clashing with Blanco and Konnan last week, the Calgary Connection met with the Mexican duo on Saturday Night. Konnan and El Tigre Blanco put on a great show, and we suspect that they earned a lot of new fans (especially when Blanco seemed to fly halfway to the rafters with a diving splash), but the tag champs were just that little bit better – and part of that may be that Pillman had a handful of trunks as he rolled up Konnan...

The Dangerous Alliance seem to have closed ranks around Arn Anderson of late – with Rick Rude telling him backstage that he was just going through a bad phase, and that he was still the best wrestler in WCW, and Steve Austin getting in Bret Hart’s face over a perceived slight during the Hitman’s interview. Anderson and Rude put on an outstanding match in the main event with Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes, but as is often the case in matches with the Dangerous Alliance it descended into chaos with the four men brawling in and around the ring without any attention to the official, leading to the match going to a double countout as the quartet continued regardless!

Austin, meanwhile, had his hands full with young Marcus Bagwell, out to avenge his mentor’s defeat for the Television title. Bagwell put on a typically spirited display, but couldn’t stop the fast-rising Superstar from retaining the gold with a Stun Gun, after which he celebrated with the gold in his hands, a cocky smile on his face and Madusa close at his side.

Dangerously: What do you say, Ross? Are we looking at a future Hall of Famer, or what?

Ross: Well Paul, I’ve seen a lot of great talent start hot – but it’s longevity that makes a Hall of Fame career. Like Ric Flair, for example!

Speaking of Flair, he was all set for an interview regarding his World title match against Rick Rude, but before he could even begin Scott Steiner interrupted proceedings to hog the mic, brag about putting Randy Savage down, and proclaim to all and sundry that ‘the Steiner Animal’ was soon going to stand atop the mountain, and even if someone like Flair got in his way, the Nature Boy would just be a placeholder before Steiner reached the top! Flair, for his part, seemed to take the bombast in stride – and promised he’d be back next week to finish what he didn’t even get the chance to start!

Marcus Bagwell’s mentor had a match of his own on Saturday Night, as Ricky Steamboat teamed with Michael Hayes to take on a pair of rising talents in Shawn Michaels and the Diamond Studd. Michaels has been struggling of late, and seemed out to prove a point here, but with the rivalries on all sides it wasn’t a match that was allowed to play out all the way as Vinnie Vegas and the Young Pistols all got involved, causing the match to be thrown out.

Vegas was back in the show’s main event, challenging Sting for the United States title in a real showcase for the big man’s strength and surprising speed – even when faced with an opponent as strong and fast as the Stinger! Vegas could have had the title around his waist – becoming a double champion again – when he hammered Sting into the top turnbuckle with a Snake Eyes, but Sting was able to get a foot on the bottom rope. Vegas’ frustration began to show as he couldn’t find a way to put Sting down, and even with Diamond Dallas Page’s guidance at ringside it seemed that the match was slipping away as Sting rallied. Still, a Vegas big boot had the champion down and Vegas ready to press his advantage – but Shawn Michaels sprinted to ringside and held up a roll of silver dollars for Vegas. Distracted, Vegas was too late to see Sting twisting on the mat, sweeping his legs out from under him and rolling him into the Scorpion Deathlock. Sting adroitly pulled Vegas away from the centre of the ring – far enough that Vegas’ long arms couldn’t reach the ropes, and with Sting sitting deep on the hold and no way to break it, Vegas could only admit defeat as Michaels looked mortified at ringside!

The veteran duo of Nikita Koloff and Ron Simmons taught the Thrillseekers a short, sharp lesson in power wrestling. The Thrillseekers could probably have done with some help from Ric Flair against the two massive bruisers, but with the Nature Boy revitalised he doesn’t seem to have been around so much...

Show rating: B+

OOC: A show booked under the effects of a concussion, so if it seems a little uninspired... The promo was written well beforehand, so hopefully works!

WCW Main Event
Dustin Rhodes vs. Shawn Michaels
Scott Armstrong vs. Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
The Fabulous Malenkos vs. The Diamond Mine (c) – WCW United States Tag Team Titles
Steamboat & Bagwell vs. The Lightning Express
Blanco & Konnan vs. Brutal K
Unread 11-17-2018, 04:43 AM
Phenom

Hope you recover quickly!

Dustin Rhodes
Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
The Diamond Mine (c) – WCW United States Tag Team Titles
Steamboat & Bagwell
Blanco & Konnan
Unread 11-17-2018, 01:23 PM
All Star

The Fabulous Malenkos vs. The Diamond Mine (c) – WCW United States Tag Team Titles
Unread 11-19-2018, 06:37 PM
Phenom

Dustin has a big cage match coming up, a big win against a top prospect to keep (one half of) the challenges momentum going

Austin is going all the way.......and even if he's not, he ain't losing to Scott Armstrong

You forget how much of a veteran Dean Malenko is....even in 1992 he'd been wrestling what, 10-12 years? In the "paying his dues" aspect I'd have no problem with him getting an earlier break than he did IRL, but with that being said, it won't come at the expense of the DM

Speedy recovery from the noggin knocker sir, I had someone rear end the s**t out of me about ten years ago leaving me with whiplash, it's no bueno
Unread 11-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Hall of Fame

Unread 11-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Main Event
Sunday, Week 1, October 1992
Your commentators: Tony Schiavone and Eric Bischoff
Segment of the Night – The Ladder
With another victory in the books for Bret Hart, Patricia Martin approached the Hitman for a comment on his plans for the future.

Hart: My plans haven’t changed. I’m still here to win every match, to climb the rankings, to win gold. I’ve already been Television champion, and maybe I should look at going for that belt again, but I know that a lot of fans have been saying I should go after the United States-

Scott Steiner marched down the aisle, his eyes locked on Bret Hart as he climbed through the ropes and approached the Hitman, before grabbing Patricia’s hand and pulling her microphone up to his mouth.

Steiner: See here, Hitman. You want to climb the ladder? You’ve got two choices – get out of my way, or get stepped on! Because I’m climbing faster than anyone, faster than you, faster than Sting, faster than Steve Austin! Who did you beat, Arn Anderson? In War Games he was begging me for mercy as soon as I stepped in the ring!

Steiner: So tell me this, Hitman, are you feeling froggy? Huh? Are you gonna jump? ‘Cos I look at a guy like me, and a guy like you, and I can tell you now that it’s only going to end one way.

Hart: Yeah? And how’s that?

Steiner: Frankensteiner! You got ambitions? That’s fine – I do too, but mine are backed up by these!

Steiner flexed his arms, smirking as his biceps bulged.

Steiner: You take your little technical excellence and run it into the biggest arms in the business and what do you think’s gonna happen? You think you can survive a run-in with the Steiner Animal?

Hart: Steiner, you’ve done a lot of big things here in WCW, and no-one’s ever said that you weren’t destined for even bigger things yet. I’d either have to be a fool to get in your way... or very, very confident that I could take you on.

Hart: You say that you’ve got the biggest arms in the business? Well, alright, but where I came from before I arrived in WCW, there were a lot of big guys, a lot of tough guys, a lot of guys with big arms, and one by one or two by two I fought them all. As big as you are, as strong as you are, if you want to do this, then let’s set a date and see who’s climbing the ladder first – the Steiner Animal, or the Excellence of Execution!

Steiner laughed.

Steiner: I guess you’ve got some guts under that pink outfit of yours, little frog. Well that’s fine by me. You want to talk about the ladder? I’ll stamp on your fingers ‘til they break and wave you bye-bye as you fall all the way to the bottom!

WCW Hotline Show Notes

The night’s main event saw Texans Dustin Rhodes and Shawn Michaels clashing in front of a riveted Sportatorium crowd. Michaels seemed to have Rhodes beat at times, but couldn’t put him down for 3, and as Rhodes began to rally Michaels seemed to lose his cool, eventually going low in front of the referee to draw a DQ, and Michaels headed for the back, evidently frustrated at letting the match get away from him.

Bret Hart had a short match against local competitor Steven Richards, winning with the Sharpshooter. His night wasn’t over, though!

Steve Austin scored his second defence of the Television title against Scott Armstrong. Austin pointed upwards after the bell – the Superstar is only interested in moving in one direction!

Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell overcame the Lightning Express when Steamboat came off the top with a Flying Crossbody on Brad Armstrong; Afterwards, the duo said that a shot at the United States tag titles would be very interesting...

It was Mexico against Japan next, with Konnan and El Tigre Blanco taking down Brutal K, who for once didn’t manage to get themselves disqualified in the match. Blanco and Konnan also said they were out for gold after the bell!

With all the interest in their titles, the Diamond Mine had their own challengers for the night before thinking about any others as they clashed with the Fabulous Malenkos. The scientific wizards did their best to chop their larger opponents down to size, but came up short when Dean was rocked with a Diamond Death Drop. After the bell, the Diamond Mine had some words of encouragement for Shawn Michaels before the main event... well, sort of encouragement, anyway!

Show rating:

OOC: Dusty was up to his political tricks again; Ole Anderson was the focus this time, and now fourteen workers have simmering tensions with him. Now, but not for long, as Ole has less than a month left on his deal. He’s going to see out that time in WCCW as a trainer, as I can’t be having fourteen unhappy workers backstage.

It’s possible Arn wasn’t begging Sting for mercy in War Games, but Scott Steiner promos are fun to write as there’s no need to fact check or be too wary of continuity – just point him where you want to go, and let him run his mouth.

I’m also wondering if anyone else hears the Steiner theme as a ripoff of Man In The Box by Alice In Chains? I loved that theme as a kid but probably haven’t heard it since I was 12 or 13; Finding it again today made me instantly think of the AIC song, which is probably more famous in wrestling circles as Tommy Dreamer’s theme in ECW...

...I’m now wondering if Tommy used the Steiner Brothers’ theme in WWECW, but I can’t be bothered to check.

WCW Saturday Night
Bret Hart vs. Brian Pillman
Chris Jericho vs. Arn Anderson
Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell vs. Blanco & Konnan
Beat The Champ: Lance Storm vs. Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
Sting (c) vs. Owen Hart – WCW United States Title
Michael Hayes vs. Shawn Michaels
Unread 11-20-2018, 07:48 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
[center]
I’m also wondering if anyone else hears the Steiner theme as a ripoff of Man In The Box by Alice In Chains? I loved that theme as a kid but probably haven’t heard it since I was 12 or 13; Finding it again today made me instantly think of the AIC song, which is probably more famous in wrestling circles as Tommy Dreamer’s theme in ECW...

...I’m now wondering if Tommy used the Steiner Brothers’ theme in WWECW, but I can’t be bothered to check.
Nah, it was still very Man in the Box...

Although the idea of Tommy Dreamer coming out to this...

Is a great idea.

Unread 11-20-2018, 10:01 PM
Phenom

Brian Pillman
Arn Anderson
Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell
Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
Sting (c) – WCW United States Title
Michael Hayes
Unread 11-21-2018, 04:35 AM
Phenom

WCW Saturday Night

Should be a GREAT match....interesting to see Owen's take on it, his partner against his brother. He and Bret haven't had a great deal of interaction since Bret's arrival, likewise, there is no real bad blood between them either so it's difficult to see him screwing over his brother "just because"....Owen's original turn on Bret was at least justified in his eyes due to the events building up to it, there's been no "standing in the shadow of his brother" for Owen here....if anything, Owen is the more successful Hart in WCW.....that being said, the Dangerous Alliance have been surprisingly respectful towards The Hitman since his arrival (even after the snub) you've got to assume that's going to change eventually, you've also got to wonder what Owen's loyalties will lie then....will Owen's loyalty to Bret and Arns friendship with Flair lead to the Alliance's implosion?

Was Flair still still focused on mentoring the Seekers, Jericho perhaps couldn't find a better man to reveal Anderson's weaknesses and lead him to a huge victory.....Flair is not focused on the Seekers at the minute however, he's focused on Rude....Arn wins

Both teams have title aspirations, of the two I prefer Steamers and Bagwell

Big night for the Thrill Seekers, as the DA look to make examples of Flair's young wards......another successful defence for Stunning Steve

Another great match on a very interesting card.....Sting proves too much for the younger Hart

Shawn really needs to pick up the win here, other wise Page, Vegas and Studd are going to be thinking he's less of a Rough Diamond and more of a lump of coal
Unread 11-21-2018, 05:10 AM
Hall of Fame

Unread 11-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Saturday Night
Saturday, Week 2, October 1992
Your commentators: Jim Ross and Paul E. Dangerously

Segment of the Night – The Dirtiest And The Best

Ric Flair walked down the aisle, pausing to offer a congratulatory handshake to Arn Anderson, and a comiseratory pat on the shoulder to Chris Jericho. With a broad smile on his face he turned in a circle at the bottom of the aisle, giving everyone in attendance a full view of his sequinned robe before he entered the ring.

Flair: Now, you all saw what happened at the Clash! Rick Rude and Steve Austin lost, one two three, right in the centre of the ring. And just like Rick Rude said, that means at Halloween Havoc the Nature Boy will walk down the aisle and – Whoooo! – style and profile his way to World title reign number one, two, three, four – Whoooo! – five, six, seven, eight! The Nature Boy, eight-time World champion, it has a certain ring to it!

Flair laughed as the fans cheered the idea of him dethroning Rick Rude.

Flair: Now, I’m not discounting Rick Rude. He’s a great wrestler, one of the best in the business today. He’s stronger than me, no doubt, and quicker too – and as he’s pointed out, he’s younger than me.

Flair: But he’s not the Dirtiest Player in the Game, not even with Madusa and Paul E. Dangerously backing him up, not even with all of the Dangerous Alliance on his side, either! Whatever he throws at me, I’ll have an answer. Whatever he brings to the ring, I’ll have a counter. Whatever he tries, I’ll have something I can do right back, because he’s great – he’s tremendous! – but I am the Nature Boy and-

Flair was cut short by a low blow from Rick Rude, who’d slid into the ring and caught Flair unawares. As Flair doubled over, Rude grabbed him by the head and put it between his legs. Pausing to pose and flex, Rude kissed one bicep before delivering a stump piledriver that crushed Flair’s head into the canvas. Rude was quickly to his feet as Flair lay in a crumpled heap on the mat.

Rude: Where’s your answer to that, Nature Boy? What have you got to counter that?

Rude flipped Flair over with the toe of his boot, before dropping to his knees and pushing his face up against Flair’s, whose eyes were staring, unseeing, up into the lights.

Rude: The Nature Boy? Who cares? I’m the World champion, the best wrestler on the planet today, and to me you’re just one more name crossed off the list of those who thought they could beat me!

WCW Hotline Show Notes

Cactus Jack is crazy – we don’t think we’re at risk of contradiction on that point, but to do what he did on Saturday... Well, let’s let Cactus put it in his own, unique, words:

Cactus: Big Van Vader! A couple of months ago you spoiled my match with Nikita Koloff, yes you did, and showed me real power, real viciousness, the likes of which even I have to admire. I’m a simple man, Vader, I like cold beer, I like American trucks, I like the Rocky movies and Winnie The Pooh cartoons... and I love being vicious! Bang bang! So ever since then you’ve been playing on my mind, Vader, you’ve been all I can think about, all I can dream about, my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night is of you! And I have to know, yes, I have to know if you’re everything you seem to be, or if you just caught me off guard that night! So come and find me at Halloween Havoc, big man, and let’s have our own house of horrors to scare the normal people... Because either you’re going to show me something I don’t already know, or I’m going to show you something you never expected! Bang bang!

While Saturday nights typically open with the Beat The Champ challenge, tonight saw Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell pitted against El Tigre Blanco and Konnan. Both sides have expressed an interest in claiming the United States tag titles in the near future, and one could argue that the winners of this match would have a claim for a title shot. After a hard-fought affair, it was the veteran and his protégé who emerged victorious as Steamboat went to the air to take out Blanco with a Diving Crossbody – the second such result for the veteran over the masked man in just two weeks.

But the Television title match would follow – once Paul E. Dangerously and Alexandra York had extracted a promise from Jesse Ventura that payoffs for successful Beat The Champ defences would increase!

Ventura: WCW’s doing pretty well right now, Ted Turner’s happy with our being the biggest company in the country. I guess we can free up some cash, so going forward, the first four defences will earn the champion five large. If he wins his fifth match he’ll still get the right to challenge the champion of his choice, and will get thirty thousand dollars too!

While York and Dangerously were both satisfied with this, Steve Austin looked particularly pleased going into his defence against Lance Storm. With five thousand dollars potentially coming his way Austin threw in a little showboating against Storm, who seems to be suffering a little without Ric Flair there to guide his matches. The youngster tried to put Austin on the mat, but couldn’t keep him there as the athletic Texan came back and hit hard, wearing Storm down with punches and clotheslines before hitting him with the Stun Gun to get the win – and leave five thousand dollars richer!

Scott Steiner has a match with Bret Hart in the offing, and added fuel to the fire by warning Hart of his prowess in the ring. Hart is, usually, more a man of actions than words and showed off his skills in-ring against Brian Pillman in the main event, a rematch from their recent Clash clash. The two have much in common, including training in the famed Hart Dungeon in Calgary before making their breaks in the business, and it showed as they tore the house down with a fierce technical battle. Pillman put his high flying skills to great effect, nearly turning Hart inside out with a diving clothesline at one point, but it was anyone’s game until...

...Barry Windham appeared in the aisle, distracting Pillman at a crucial moment, allowing Hart to land a Russian legsweep and backbreaker on his opponent, before turning him over into the Sharpshooter to score the big victory!

After the bell, and with Hart watching closely but carefully remaining uninvolved, Pillman tried to get to a laughing Windham, with Owen Hart and Dustin Rhodes getting involved and the quartet brawled wildly around the arena floor and into the crowd, allowing some of our fans to get an up close and personal preview of the cage match in which the two teams will meet at Halloween Havoc!

Michael Hayes and Shawn Michaels tied up once more here on Saturday night, with Michaels out to prove himself against the veteran Freebird. But such is the animosity between the two men’s allies that this match was only a few minutes old when Smothers, Armstrong, Vegas and Studd all joined in on the action, causing the match to be thrown out!

Before his United States title match with Owen Hart, Patricia Martin approached Sting for comment.

Sting: I know, I can’t seem to keep away from the Dangerous Alliance. It’s not by choice, Patricia. I fought them, and I did my best, and whatever I gave wasn’t enough – they’re still here, they’re still looking down on anyone else, still cheating and winning... but Ric Flair’s going to fight Rick Rude at Halloween Havoc, and hopefully he’ll be the eight-time World champion after that!

Sting: But tonight I have Owen Hart, and I can’t deny that he’s worthy of receiving a title shot. All of the Dangerous Alliance are, they’re great wrestlers, and as a fighting champion I’m committed to facing the very best of the best – and whether that’s Owen, Austin, Pillman, Anderson or Rude, that’s exactly what they are.

The match itself fully lived up to Sting’s words as Owen several times came within inches of defeating the champion. The pair fought fiercely, with Sting finding an early attempt at the Scorpion Deathlock twisted into a leg grapevine by Owen, who later on would follow up on that weakening of Sting’s leg by applying a Scorpion of his own! Sting, though, knows the hold well enough to force his way clear – albeit at the expense of some clear pain to his back. Owen continued pressing and Sting seemed to be in real danger of leaving without the gold, but a missed dive from the top rope allowed Sting to score with a Stinger Splash, before locking on a Scorpion Deathlock of his own to secure the victory in an incredible match!

Arn Anderson hasn’t had the best of luck of late in his matches, but he did manage to land a solid victory here as he faced the promising young Canadian Chris Jericho. Jericho put forward his best efforts, but as with Storm before him something seemed to be missing, and he fell victim to Anderson’s signature Spinning Spinebuster to give Anderson the win.

Show rating: A

WCW Main Event
Todd Champion vs. Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
Bret Hart vs. Mr Hughes
Barry Windham vs. Tony Anthony
Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell vs. The Stocks And Shares Express
The Young Pistols vs. Brutal K
The Patriot and Firebreaker Chip vs. The Lightning Express
Unread 11-27-2018, 03:47 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
WCW Saturday Night

Should be a GREAT match....interesting to see Owen's take on it, his partner against his brother. He and Bret haven't had a great deal of interaction since Bret's arrival, likewise, there is no real bad blood between them either so it's difficult to see him screwing over his brother "just because"....Owen's original turn on Bret was at least justified in his eyes due to the events building up to it, there's been no "standing in the shadow of his brother" for Owen here....if anything, Owen is the more successful Hart in WCW.....that being said, the Dangerous Alliance have been surprisingly respectful towards The Hitman since his arrival (even after the snub) you've got to assume that's going to change eventually, you've also got to wonder what Owen's loyalties will lie then....will Owen's loyalty to Bret and Arns friendship with Flair lead to the Alliance's implosion?
Hmm? Bret and Owen? What possible reason could there be for them to ever have a match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Nah, it was still very Man in the Box...

Sometimes they try, sometimes they just do a cover version.

See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrP2cK_iYE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAKbTgZIUMI for some times WWE may have been more inspired than others...
Unread 11-27-2018, 05:07 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4sty View Post
Bret Hart vs. Brian Pillman should be a GREAT match....interesting to see Owen's take on it, his partner against his brother. He and Bret haven't had a great deal of interaction since Bret's arrival, likewise, there is no real bad blood between them either so it's difficult to see him screwing over his brother "just because"....Owen's original turn on Bret was at least justified in his eyes due to the events building up to it, there's been no "standing in the shadow of his brother" for Owen here....if anything, Owen is the more successful Hart in WCW.....that being said, the Dangerous Alliance have been surprisingly respectful towards The Hitman since his arrival (even after the snub) you've got to assume that's going to change eventually, you've also got to wonder what Owen's loyalties will lie then....will Owen's loyalty to Bret and Arns friendship with Flair lead to the Alliance's implosion?
.... Arn Anderson, Bret Hart, Owen Hart and Ric Flair would be one hell of a Four Horsemen lineup.
Unread 11-27-2018, 08:11 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashasheen View Post
.... Arn Anderson, Bret Hart, Owen Hart and Ric Flair would be one hell of a Four Horsemen lineup.
Eh, are we sure?

Why can't get Mongo?

Todd Champion vs. Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
Bret Hart vs. Mr Hughes
Barry Windham vs. Tony Anthony
Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell vs. The Stocks And Shares Express
The Young Pistols vs. Brutal K
The Patriot and Firebreaker Chip vs. The Lightning Express
Unread 12-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Living Legend

World Championship Wrestling presents: Main Event
Sunday, Week 2, October 1992

Your commentators: Tony Schiavone and Eric Bischoff

Segment of the Night – My head is clear,

Bischoff: Barry Windham, congratulations on your victory tonight. In just over a week you have your rematch against the Calgary Connection – inside a steel cage! Tell me, how are you feeling?

Windham: Eric, I feel like a new man. I lost myself, I completely lost track of everything I was and aim to be – and I owe my coming back from that point to one man, Dustin Rhodes.

Windham: Dustin reminds me a lot of myself at that age – full of hope, full of potential, but still tough as nails. Everyone saw what he did in War Games; He turned the tide for Sting’s team while I...

He looked down at his arm, still heavily taped. He flexed his fingers.

Windham: ...I had to sit on the sidelines, waiting for my arm to knit back together after Brian Pillman and the Dangerous Alliance snapped it in two. I haven’t forgotten, I haven’t forgiven... but I know I have to keep my temper in check. I have to live up to the expectations that Dustin has for me, and that I had for myself at that age.

Windham: You know, they say you should never meet your heroes. Dustin probably won’t thank me for this, but I can tell you that he looked up to me when he was a kid. Our families were close, Blackjack and Dusty rode the loop together, just like Dustin and I do. He knows me well, he knows I’ve not always been the best man I could be, but he had faith in me, he knew I could still be a good man, and I want to be.

Windham: When I nearly went over the edge last month, he was there, he talked me down, talked me through what I was going through. He’s wise beyond his years, and when he’s the World champion I’ll be proud to say he’s my friend – I already am proud, because of how good a man he is, and I want to show my appreciation.

Last night, I could have jumped in the ring and taken Brian Pillman out – but I didn’t. I did to him what he’s done to me several time, I just walked down the aisle and distracted him. Pillman was in my head and now, thanks to Dustin reminding me who I was...

He raised his uninjured arm and held up four fingers briefly, drawing a cheer from the crowd.

Windham: ...who I can be, I know I’m in his.

Windham: And I’ll show it, at Halloween Havoc, I will be that man, I will fight and win and take those titles away from the Calgary Connection, I’ll hurt them in their pocketbooks, in their egos, in their misplaced sense of superiority... and Dustin and I will be the tag champions, like I want, and like he deserves!

WCW Hotline Show Notes

Scott Steiner took up a chair at ringside for the main event, watching Bret Hart face Mr Hughes of the Kingdom. Hart avoided the temptation to become distracted by Steiner, overcoming the bigger man’s size and strength advantage to take the win. Afterwards, Steiner walked away without a backwards glance – and your guess is as good as ours if he was impressed or not!

The Special Forces were all in action on Sunday night but, sadly, struggled as they came up against the Lightning Express (Patriot and Firebreaker Chip) and Steve Austin (Todd Champion). Austin defended his Television title (and, lest we forget, banked $5,000!) with his victory, while the Lightning Express had to cheat to get past Patriot and Chip – but a win is a win!

A cheating tag team with a name ending in Express? Perhaps Ricky Steamboat and Marcus Bagwell should have been paying attention, as the Stocks And Shares Express took advantage of Bagwell’s inexperience by distracting him and leaving him prey to a blow from Alexandra York’s laptop to the back of the head, costing the mentor and protégé pairing the match!

Steamboat and Bagwell have been angling for a US tag title shot, but results like tonight’s won’t help their cause; But perhaps their may be yet another challenger for that shot, as Nikita Koloff and Ron Simmons took umbrage with something the Diamond Mine said to them backstage. Could the multi-national allies be in line for a title opportunity?

Barry Windham beat Tony Anthony with a Lariat before being approached by Eric Bischoff for his thoughts on the Calgary Connection.

The Young Pistols are two-thirds of the Six Man champions, but were in a straight tag match here, facing Brutal K. Satoshi Kojima and Koji Kanemoto were up to their usual tricks, fighting hard but choosing to get disqualified when the tide of the match turned against them.

Show rating: B+

WCW Saturday Night
The Young Pistols and Michael Hayes vs. Rick Rude and the Calgary Connection – non-title
Sting (c) vs. Ron Simmons – WCW United States Title
Beat The Champ: Chris Jericho vs. Steve Austin (c) – WCW Television Title
Ric Flair vs. Tim Horner
Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes vs. The One Percenters