Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Unread 02-07-2018, 12:44 PM
The Final Countdown's Avatar
The Final Countdown The Final Countdown is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bluthton
Posts: 3,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Gedo, Will Ospreay, and Yoshi Hashi vs Bushi, Hiromu, and Naito- Lame ass Yoshi Hashi is continuing to get pushed. Going to be real upset if Naito loses to Okada and then goes onto lose to that chump. Naito and Hiromu are so much fun together though.
I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about there. He's firmly entrenched as a midcarder, and I don't see that ever changing. Naito losing to YOSHI-HASHI in a non-G1 setting would surprise me more than SANADA winning the title from Okada.

Quote:
Also, Makabe challenging Suzuki for the IC belt and Suzuki replying with "Your short legs aren't enough to get you up the mountain." drives home how much of a BAMF Minoru is. Tired of the Suzuki-gun interference and cheating, but I love Minoru more every time I see him.
They seem to have toned down the Suzuki-gun shenanigans in Minoru's big matches, which is good. Just let him be a merciless wrecking machine who stretches people because he enjoys it.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Unread 02-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 5,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about there. He's firmly entrenched as a midcarder, and I don't see that ever changing. Naito losing to YOSHI-HASHI in a non-G1 setting would surprise me more than SANADA winning the title from Okada.


They seem to have toned down the Suzuki-gun shenanigans in Minoru's big matches, which is good. Just let him be a merciless wrecking machine who stretches people because he enjoys it.
Hey when you've been conditioned by American pro wrestling to think the worst scenario might happen, it's hard to get out of that mindset sometimes

The Suzuki-gun shenanigans still happen too much. Seems like every match they're in has some sort of chaos. Just exhausting.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Unread 02-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 5,640
Default

At Strong Style Evolved we get Rey Mysterio vs Jushin Thunder Liger.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Unread 02-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Derek B's Avatar
Derek B Derek B is offline
Locker Room Leader :)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midgar, Scotland (it rains mako here)
Posts: 8,019
Default

The New Beginning show was a lot of fun, though somewhat predictable. I don't mind the predictability when it's great though.

Ospreay vs Takahashi was fantastic again, those guys are totally insane. I'm not the biggest fan of flippy stuff for the most part, but this was just ridiculous. I have no idea how they can keep doing this when they are wrecking their bodies so often... they might not have the longest careers as a result but they might have some of the most exciting.

Sanada vs Okada was great too. I've enjoyed Sanada since I saw some of his TNA run years back... when I heard he made it to NJPW I was pretty excited because I knew they could make the most of him and his star continues to rise. Los ingobernables de Japon are the most ridiculously cool stable around just now, they seem to have the ability to do no wrong in the eye of the fans now and I look forward to seeing another Okada vs Naito match at some point in the future.

The G1 should be awesome again this year too. I am growing to love Minoru Suzuki more and more every time I see him too. The IC title is in insane hands with him and I hope he is in the G1 again this year too so that I get to see more of him. I love the NJPW booking as they don't overexpose matches... the G1 is going to give me so many exciting matches and I can't wait!!!
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Unread 02-12-2018, 11:07 PM
The Final Countdown's Avatar
The Final Countdown The Final Countdown is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bluthton
Posts: 3,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Ospreay vs Takahashi was fantastic again, those guys are totally insane. I'm not the biggest fan of flippy stuff for the most part, but this was just ridiculous. I have no idea how they can keep doing this when they are wrecking their bodies so often... they might not have the longest careers as a result but they might have some of the most exciting.

Sanada vs Okada was great too. I've enjoyed Sanada since I saw some of his TNA run years back... when I heard he made it to NJPW I was pretty excited because I knew they could make the most of him and his star continues to rise. Los ingobernables de Japon are the most ridiculously cool stable around just now, they seem to have the ability to do no wrong in the eye of the fans now and I look forward to seeing another Okada vs Naito match at some point in the future.

The G1 should be awesome again this year too. I am growing to love Minoru Suzuki more and more every time I see him too. The IC title is in insane hands with him and I hope he is in the G1 again this year too so that I get to see more of him. I love the NJPW booking as they don't overexpose matches... the G1 is going to give me so many exciting matches and I can't wait!!!
Ospreay vs. Hiromu was great, but I enjoyed Okada vs. SANADA more. The jrs do so much reckless stuff in their matches that I worried they were about to seriously injure themselves, and it took me out of the match a bit. With the main event I was just able to enjoy the story. The closing minutes of that match were so great, but that's no surprise with Okada. No one in wrestling puts together finishes like Okada.

I've been subscribing to NJPW World since summer 2015, so I've experienced the last 3 G1s. They've all been incredible, and I see no reason to think it won't be the same this year. Minoru is a lock to be back in the G1 unless he gets hurt. I think the field will be pretty much the same as last year. Obviously Nagata is out and Jay White is in for sure, but I struggle to think of anyone else that might be excluded from last year's field. Maybe Kojima and/or Tanahashi depending on their health? I guess Tama Tonga could be dropped too since no other tag specialists really get in anymore.

Now that the lineups have been announced, I'm now looking forward to the joint Honor Rising shows with ROH far more than I was before. Omega and Ibushi are teaming up against Cody teams on both nights, including a main event tag against Cody and Marty Scurll on night two that I think should be really fun.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Mootinie's Avatar
Mootinie Mootinie is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: England
Posts: 1,259
Default

I've just seen that Flip Gordon is in a Three Way with KUSHIDA and Hiromu Takahashi on the first night of Honor Rising... if given time that will be phenomenal. My hope is that this is Flip Gordon's audition for the Best of the Super Juniors this year. He worked a CMLL tour last year so he's worked two of the three in this little alliance, it only feels right that he does a Japan tour in the near future.

Golden Lovers reuniting is cool as well, but I wish they'd run that in Japan. They tagged in DDT, not ROH, won't the history be lost on the large majority of that audience?
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Jaysin's Avatar
Jaysin Jaysin is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kent, Ohio
Posts: 5,640
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootinie View Post
I've just seen that Flip Gordon is in a Three Way with KUSHIDA and Hiromu Takahashi on the first night of Honor Rising... if given time that will be phenomenal. My hope is that this is Flip Gordon's audition for the Best of the Super Juniors this year. He worked a CMLL tour last year so he's worked two of the three in this little alliance, it only feels right that he does a Japan tour in the near future.

Golden Lovers reuniting is cool as well, but I wish they'd run that in Japan. They tagged in DDT, not ROH, won't the history be lost on the large majority of that audience?
Of course not, it’s ROH fans. They’ll act like they know the whole story and get flabbergasted when an evil “outsider” doesn’t know.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Unread 02-13-2018, 12:56 PM
The Final Countdown's Avatar
The Final Countdown The Final Countdown is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bluthton
Posts: 3,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootinie View Post
Golden Lovers reuniting is cool as well, but I wish they'd run that in Japan. They tagged in DDT, not ROH, won't the history be lost on the large majority of that audience?
Not sure what you mean here? The Honor Rising shows are at Korakuen Hall.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Unread 02-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Mootinie's Avatar
Mootinie Mootinie is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: England
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Countdown View Post
Not sure what you mean here? The Honor Rising shows are at Korakuen Hall.
Oh dear, I've had a right mare, sorry. I thought the shows were in the U.S. for some reason! Ignore that last bit haha.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Unread 02-15-2018, 04:46 AM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 82
Default

Golden Lovers Reunited documentary on NJPW World. First 15 minutes on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF59...ature=youtu.be
https://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0002_63
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Unread 02-18-2018, 03:53 AM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 82
Default

Good crowds for New Japan in Australia.


Reply With Quote
  #192  
Unread 02-18-2018, 03:54 AM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 82
Default

Good crowds for New Japan in Australia.


Reply With Quote
  #193  
Unread 02-20-2018, 11:36 AM
BurningHamster BurningHamster is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 971
Default

What city were those pics taken Milamber?

I was at the Perth show, good night, only weird thing was that Okada was probably the least impressive guy on the show. Ospreay and Cody made up for that though, those guys were absolutely amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Unread 02-20-2018, 05:37 PM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 82
Default

Melbourne and Sydney. The venues were small but they were pretty much sold out. I heard one of the shows made $200,000 in tickets sales and merch.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Unread 02-22-2018, 06:29 PM
milamber's Avatar
milamber milamber is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 82
Default

Caught up on a few more matches:

Takahashi vs Ospreay (c) - **** 1/2
EVIL vs Goto(c) - *** 1/2
SANADA vs Okada (c) - **** 1/2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.