Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-09-2017, 01:46 PM

Default Nerf Wrestlers for WMMA 5 Please.

I feel like wrestling is just so overpowered in the current game. Attempting a take down right now has no negative consequences. Occasionally a BJJ guy will pull a guillotine off the takedown, but I've never once seen a knee thrown, and very rarely see a full on sprawl.

Also, on another similar note BJJ should be buffed. It seems like they're still useless on the bottom.
Unread 10-09-2017, 03:02 PM

Grappling in general is overpowered in the game in my opinion. WMMA3 was much more balanced in terms of grappling to striking.
Unread 10-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Hall of Fame

It must be very hard to correctly balance it. General opinion is that WMMA3 (at the end) was more balanced because of the counterstrike-system in relation to takedowns and closing the distance.

This problem imo could also be solved by extending the timespan for 5 minute rounds. I use 10 minute rounds for my last playthroughs because I felt that what happened during the rounds would reflect real life better. That goes for the fight stats too. Otherwise wrestlers would just grind out entire matches (3x5) which is very frustrating to watch.
Unread 10-09-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
It must be very hard to correctly balance it. General opinion is that WMMA3 (at the end) was more balanced because of the counterstrike-system in relation to takedowns and closing the distance.

This problem imo could also be solved by extending the timespan for 5 minute rounds. I use 10 minute rounds for my last playthroughs because I felt that what happened during the rounds would reflect real life better. That goes for the fight stats too. Otherwise wrestlers would just grind out entire matches (3x5) which is very frustrating to watch.
So if I'm understanding you, it simulates much closer to 3X5min while actually being 3x10min? Interesting if this is the case...
Unread 10-10-2017, 02:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Imo yes. And it nerfs wrestlers because there are way more resets instead of resets with 15s to go.

There are also actual stamina issues. It feels everyone can last 5x5. Try it.
Unread 10-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Imo yes. And it nerfs wrestlers because there are way more resets instead of resets with 15s to go.

There are also actual stamina issues. It feels everyone can last 5x5. Try it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely give it a try.
Unread 10-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Minor League

Quote:

This is actually extremely interesting.. could Adam not upscale the fight engine then so that what happens in a 10 minute simulated round happens in 5 instead?
Unread 10-17-2017, 04:45 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoku1819 View Post
This is actually extremely interesting.. could Adam not upscale the fight engine then so that what happens in a 10 minute simulated round happens in 5 instead?
It's all a matter of preference. People who want to watch all fights are better off with downscaled fights (as it takes ages to watch every card with 10 minutes rounds while remaining focused).

In the end it's just a number. I made it the default now and just pretend it says 5 minutes.