Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-10-2018, 06:17 AM

Default Effganic: The New World Of Pro-Wrestling

Hello, guys. For the past few weeks, I've been playing with the Effganic mod and have been totally enamored with it. The prospect of creating my own wrestling world and stories is such an awesome thought to me, and in order to keep track of the lore, I've decided to document it. I love reading the diaries on this site, and have wanted to write one of my own for the longest time. With this mod, I've found the perfect opportunity to do it. This is my first ever diary, so I apologize if it seems rough and poorly written. Please, don't hesitate to share your thoughts and suggestions about this diary, as I am always looking to improve and make things interesting. Thank you for reading this!

Quote:
The First American Championship

Southern Pro Wrestling was the nation’s first promotion that had the notion of utilizing dedicated contracted workers rather than journeying, nomadic wrestlers who wrestled for a different promotion every night. Pioneered by SPW founder Don Loomis, this novel idea changed the landscape of wrestling for the next century.
In March of 1920, Don Loomis and booker, Frank Norris decided to expand the company and turn it into a real business venture. Instead of just turning carnival tricks, they had the vision of turning professional wrestling into a lucrative alternative to sports like boxing, and even baseball, America’s favorite past-time. With that notion in mind, they set about giving contracts to SPW staples and youngsters fresh on the scene.

Contracted workers:

Levi Andrews: The 40-year old Australian was one of the most hated men in the Southern professional wrestling scene. Blessed with alluring charisma, the man carried himself like royalty and considered himself higher than the “lowly” Southern Americans he despised pandering to. He knew his worth and the crowd hated him for it.

Daniel Loiselle: It’s surprising how well the traditionally narrow-minded Southern crowd took to Canadian Daniel Loiselle. Although Loiselle wasn’t gifted with the same magnetism of Levi Andrews, he made up for it in sheer wrestling skill. He could twist and turn and tie his opponents into knots, earning the admiration of the mesmerized crowd.

Sir Anthony Henry: Sir Anthony Henry seemed to be the British mirror to Canada’s Daniel Loiselle. He could impress the crowd with his technical prowess, but the crowd loved fellow North American Loiselle more, and that bred resentment within Sir Henry. Lashing out to the crowd, Sir Henry made it his priority to inflict pain in his opponents just so he could look at the look of terror on the crowd’s faces, revenge for rejecting him for the inferior copy Daniel Loiselle.

Saita Kuroki: Honing his craft for years before, the 40-year old Japanese behemoth was the big friendly giant the Mississippians loved. Harkening back to the times of Roman gladiators, Saita would look to the audience for approval before swatting his opponents into the ground, to the raucous endorsement from the crowd.

Joe Boone: The youngster Joe Boone was the considered to be SPW’s future. With his vicious power and speed, picked up from his days of boxing, the Southern Southpaw was a rising prodigy in the professional wrestling scene.

Emilio Suarez: Hated in the South for his Mexican heritage, Emilio took advantage of that and reveled in the hate. In order to further rile up the audience, Suarez would fly around ring using his superhuman speed and weasel himself out of the ring, much to the chagrin of the crowd.

Friedrich Herzog: The German strongman is a silent brute. Not familiar with the local language, Herzog is akin to a carnival attraction. Yelling in fevered German, Herzog is feared by many in the audience and rightfully so, as he can decimate his opponents in a matter of minutes.

Last edited by poopykokko : 08-10-2018 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added direct links to pictures
Unread 08-10-2018, 06:42 AM
Major League

Looking forward to this of-course!
Unread 08-10-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme1234 View Post
Looking forward to this of-course!
Thank you for your support and I hope I do not disappoint you!
Unread 08-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopykokko View Post
Thank you for your support and I hope I do not disappoint you!
No problem, I am looking forward to the first show!
Unread 08-10-2018, 07:56 AM

New Signings
Quote:

With an international cast of attractions, Don Loomis and Frank Norris set out to change the industry. They expanded their roster by signing fresh faces in the scene.

Former boxer Oscar Simpson, who was not getting hired by boxing promoters because of his affinity for drinking on the job.

The unorthodox Leroy Emerson.

The chunky lumberjack Roy Ware.

With these additions they held their first show under the new era on the 3rd of April 1920.
Unread 08-10-2018, 08:03 AM
Major League

Are you going with the World Championship only or are there any other Championships like the tag team championships? Just curious
Unread 08-10-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Are you going with the World Championship only or are there any other Championships like the tag team championships? Just curious
Well, since the industry is so new, I am slowly going to introduce the titles. I'm trying to role play throughout the time period, so I am trying to make things kind of accurate. Of course, I won't fully emulate the product of 1920, because I don't know how it was, and it also might get boring. Titles will make their appearance soon.
Unread 08-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopykokko View Post
Well, since the industry is so new, I am slowly going to introduce the titles. I'm trying to role play throughout the time period, so I am trying to make things kind of accurate. Of course, I won't fully emulate the product of 1920, because I don't know how it was, and it also might get boring. Titles will make their appearance soon.
Makes Sense! and I agree!
Unread 08-10-2018, 08:50 AM

The First Ever SPW Event

April 3, 1920

Quote:

Don Loomis kicked off the show by thanking the crowd for attending their first ever show in the new era. He hypes up the card tonight, impressing upon the crowd how crazy what they are about to see is.

Oscar Sampson vs Roy Ware
- The first match on the card was a short showcase between the debuts Oscar Sampson and Roy Ware. The former boxer was quick to take advantage of his striking precision by pummeling the lumberjack, who tried to avoid his swings and aimed to grapple his way out of the barrage of punches. Unfortunately it was the striking strength of Oscar Sampson that was enough to put away Roy Ware and earn the victory with a fist strike.
Winner: Oscar Sampson

Emilio Suarez vs Leroy Emerson
- The second match of the afternoon was between the abhorred Mexican cannonball, Emilio Suarez and the third debut of the night Leroy Emerson. The fast moving Suarez immediately set out to tire out his opponent by running circles around him. The crowd absolutely hated this notion as they wanted to see a hero’s display, not a coward’s rout. The more experienced and wily Suarez tackled the unsuspecting Emerson and quickly pinned him, pouring cold water all over the hopeful youth’s debut.
Winner: Emilio Suarez

Danielle Loiselle vs Sir Anthony Henry
- The co-main event of the night was a technical wrestling fan’s wet dream as the Canadian technician Daniel Loiselle took on his British counterpart Sir Anthony Henry. As the men twisted and pulled at each other’s limbs, the crowd watched with bated breath and horrified expressions as each men contorted each other’s bodies in inhuman ways. This was certainly the match of the night, setting the precedent of what each men would do every time they appeared in the ring. To the relief of the crowd, the crowd’s Canadian friend was able to make his opponent submit, cementing his place in the new era.
Winner: Daniel Loiselle

Levi Andrews vs Saita Kuroki
- The main event was between the charismatic villain Levi Andrews and the Saita Kuroki, the Japanese mountain of a man. The crowd watched with relish as they were certain that the cowardly Australian would be crushed by Kuroki in seconds. Imagine their anger as Andrews kept on wasting time by leaving the ring, mouthing off to the audience and entering the ring, only to leave again. The crowd exploded when Kuroki finally got his hands around Andrews, but before he could annihilate the hated villain, Andrews rolled him up, and illegally held the rope, stealing the victory and the crowd’s satisfaction.
Winner: Levi Andrews

The 87 people who attended left the market place, angry at the actions of Andrews, but surprised at just how invested they were in the show.

When the workers met up with boss Don Loomis, they knew that change was in the air and they were spearheading a revolution in the industry the likes of which had never been seen....
Unread 08-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Major League

The right kind of show for 1920! Good job!
Unread 08-10-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
The right kind of show for 1920! Good job!
Thank you, man! I am hoping my writing skills improve over the course of this diary and I can bring more exciting matches and storylines.
Unread 08-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Major League

I liked the first show, looking forward to more, this amount of writing is perfectly fine with me, as it takes less time to read!
Unread 08-10-2018, 10:36 AM

Second Event

Quote:

Match Key
Friedrich Herzog vs Joe Boone

Leroy Emerson vs Sir Anthony Henry

Roy Ware vs Saita Kuroki

Daniel Loiselle vs Emilio Suarez
Unread 08-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Major League

Friedrich Herzog vs Joe Boone

Leroy Emerson vs Sir Anthony Henry