Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
With Season Finales, is there anything to stop you moving the designation immediately after running a show that's been designated that?

The mod I'm playing has the Great American Bash (July) set as the SF, whereas in my mind it's Starrcade (December). I only noticed that after booking it. Will I suffer any penalty for running a second SF five months after the first?
Wouldn’t swear to it, but I think you get penalised for two season finales less than 12 months apart?
Unread 07-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Phenom

I looked into importing a bit, so I don't think it's possible, but I want to make sure: Is there any way to import a tribute show or a narrative? Or is the only way to have a custom event during a game by editing one that already exists?
Unread 07-13-2018, 08:13 AM
Low Minors

If I just want to book matches and not worry about having to carry storylines, what is the best set up to use?
Unread 07-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwfmark View Post
If I just want to book matches and not worry about having to carry storylines, what is the best set up to use?
Turning off Strict Storylines in Settings is the easiest method. Put the Match Ratio to 90 or 100%.

There's tons of different Product combinations if you want to get into that. It's really intuitive.
Unread 07-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Low Minors

I just started a new game with a company with the pre-set Sports Entertainment product. I have set up a brand to run shows in Mexico, with a Luch Libre focus. However, in every match I run, I get messages that "a section of the crowd expects more physically intensive matches" and " a section of the crowd expects more dangerous spots" (going off memory... think those are correct).

I'm guessing that I need to adjust my product, but will those changes negatively affect the crowds at my main brand?
Unread 07-14-2018, 03:36 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lions View Post
I looked into importing a bit, so I don't think it's possible, but I want to make sure: Is there any way to import a tribute show or a narrative? Or is the only way to have a custom event during a game by editing one that already exists?

I'm certain you can import narratives as I've done that in my current game. Not sure about tribute shows, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kayfabe View Post
I just started a new game with a company with the pre-set Sports Entertainment product. I have set up a brand to run shows in Mexico, with a Luch Libre focus. However, in every match I run, I get messages that "a section of the crowd expects more physically intensive matches" and " a section of the crowd expects more dangerous spots" (going off memory... think those are correct).

I'm guessing that I need to adjust my product, but will those changes negatively affect the crowds at my main brand?

I think if you have a separate set of 'Lucha' matches you can raise their injury/content risk to address this. From memory, it was an issue playing as PSW in the last game as the default matches weren't hardcore enough for the product.
Unread 07-14-2018, 05:14 AM
Rookie

Is it possible to relocate a Developmental Territory or Child Company?
Unread 07-14-2018, 06:56 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Is it possible to relocate a Developmental Territory or Child Company?
Other than the editor, i don't think so. Would be cool if we could relocate it or the main company.
Unread 07-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
Other than the editor, i don't think so. Would be cool if we could relocate it or the main company.
I don't even think you can edit it in.

Does anyone have any tips on saving my backstage? I can't give any perks as I'm losing cash, and I can't fire anyone as there's a long time left on their deals. I have no idea what to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Help!.jpg (19.0 KB, 20 views)
Unread 07-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaSquad View Post

Does anyone have any tips on saving my backstage? I can't give any perks as I'm losing cash, and I can't fire anyone as there's a long time left on their deals. I have no idea what to do.
Can you hire people’s friends on cheap deals?
Unread 07-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaSquad View Post

Editor
Reduce contracts of those you want to release (length remaining)
Edit relationships to change hostile to friendly
Edit workers characteristics to make them better backstage

These will however impact your game landscape in increasingly bigger ways which you may not want to do.

Try and higher only positive influences and get someone who is a positive locker room leader

Don't be afraid to fire workers you want rid of if they cause a incident pre show etc

Or leave and take a job for another company
Unread 07-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
I'm certain you can import narratives as I've done that in my current game. Not sure about tribute shows, I'm afraid.

I think if you have a separate set of 'Lucha' matches you can raise their injury/content risk to address this. From memory, it was an issue playing as PSW in the last game as the default matches weren't hardcore enough for the product.
Thanks!
Unread 07-15-2018, 03:39 AM
Rookie

1. Are the instructions for a Battle Royale like Last Eliminated, Finalists and Most Eliminations purely cosmetic or do they affect the match grade and wrestler pop/momentum like Keep Strong does?

2. Is there a penalty for using a wrestler in too many segments on a show?

3. Is there a pop/momentum loss for being on the losing side of Menace/Overness beatdown angles?

Last edited by milamber : 07-15-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Unread 07-15-2018, 05:59 AM
All Star

Does anyone else play some runs without any pictures at all? It's relatively refreshing to do a CVERSE Game with no picture renders, as it makes me focus on the stats ahead of a cool render, which makes me often book guys who were big three game cycles ago who got a really great render in 2010 or 2008.
Unread 07-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
1. Are the instructions for a Battle Royale like Last Eliminated, Finalists and Most Eliminations purely cosmetic or do they affect the match grade and wrestler pop/momentum like Keep Strong does?

2. Is there a penalty for using a wrestler in too many segments on a show?

3. Is there a pop/momentum loss for being on the losing side of Menace/Overness beatdown angles?
1. Not 100% sure on that. I imagine it’s only cosmetic.

2. Different pushes can be used different amount of times on a single show. A main eventer you can use as much as you want, but a midcarder you can only use a few times before the crowd is sick of him

3. No, but it does affect their storyline success if the angle is set up properly.