Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-24-2018, 02:10 PM
Minor League

Default NWA:TNA - Bound For Glory?

Ladies and gentlemen I give you what we all know to be the greatest moment in the history of professional wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=THu3YcGsh2s

Schiavone: AND DOWN GOES BEETLEJUICE!

Look at that raw star quaity. That unmatched poise and charisma. Everybody knows that Double J is main event talent and a future hall of famer. Well. Almost everybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KqJrpykQI

Philistine!

Well if Vince McMahon won't book ol' Double J in main events I'll do it myself! I've taken on McMahon before and won and I can damn sure do it again! After all I am.... THE CHOSEN ONE *chicka chicka* *RRRRRWWWWAAAAAAARRRRRWWWW*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE7xS3uPwlM
Unread 08-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Minor League

Default The OOC bit/Mission statement

So i'm gonna tackle a save I've long meant to do - starting with NWA:TNA from their first show I wanna go on a journey through the game and try and create the competition for the WWE that TNA always threatened to be but never quite managed.

I loved TNA from 2002 to about 2009 and I wanna try and represent the TNA that I enjoyed while hopefully avoiding some of the....errmmm....mis-steps that they had in real life (The Johnsons and their creepy manager will not be making their bow on TNA's debut show this time out, folks).

I always like to stay almost-true-to-life with these so I won't be hoovering up all the indie talent right away and in the early stages at least I won't be above signing ex-WWE guys for that raw popularity (Hello Brian Adams! *heart eyes emoji*)

In the spirit of being true to life I will be playing as the Chosen One himself, Jeff Jarrett and you know what that means? Double J is the foundation on which this company is built so he's gonna be getting over, Slappy!

So I guess my loose goals are thus:

1) Get TNA up to National level (A task Im sure I will fail but as long as we have a laugh in doing so that's really all that matters)

2) Capitalise on what actually made TNA great - unique concepts, home grown talents, great in-ring action and a showcase of the best talent outside of WWF/E, from all around the globe

3) Get Double J over and prove once and for all that he is not only a viable main eventer but that he really is THE CHOSEN ONE

4) Sign Scott Steiner and have him cut a promo on Samoa Joe

5) Hold loads of tournaments cos I bloody love 'em. If they have convoluted points systems like in real TNA, all the better

Now. I started in Genadi's death of WCW mod as a watcher and simmed forward a year, then took over as Double J the day he founded TNA. That said the game world may be a little quirky in places so it might be cool to do a quick post checking in on the goings on in the world up to the doors of TNA opening, before I delve into my first show

Last edited by The Dynamite Sid : 08-24-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Unread 08-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Phenom

Sign Scott Steiner and have him cut a promo on Samoa Joe

"You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another wrestler, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Samoa Joe, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Joe, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice."

There is a 141 and 2/3 % chance I will follow this solely to see if you can replicate the greatest promo of all-time.

(Thanks to genius.com for transcribing this promo).
Unread 08-31-2018, 01:30 PM
Minor League

Default The Year In Review

(feel free to skip this as this will purely be flavour, recapping each month as it occurred before I get into actually running TNA)

May '01
The WWF start the year as you might expect, heavily featuring the Two Man Power Trip in main events, usually against Chris Jericho and tag partners. At Judgment Day The Trip go over Jericho and Taker in a stellar main event. The night after, Grandmaster Sexay bizarrely headlines Raw is War, teaming with Jericho and Test to triumph over DDP and the Hardyz. Vince has me guessing a full year before I've even opened the company's doors the crafty so and so

Away from the WWF various indies do their thing though business won't pick up here until ROH and MLW open about a year from now. The Sandman sells out 400 for XPW and has an awful main event. Youngsters Samoa Joe and a guy by the name of CM Punk impress elsewhere.

In Japan AJPW are hopelessly outgunned with *checks notes* Mike Barton headlining their big show, Ugh. They are easily outshined by NOAH and NJPW.

June '01
Jericho continues to headline for the WWF, picking up a big televised win over Stone Cold. Eddie Guerrero emerges as a main event talent about 3 years ahead of schedule, defeating Kurt Angle in an A rated match. The biggest shock of the month however comes when DDP defeats Stone Cold in the King Of The Ring final

AJPW bounce back some with Curt Henning and Keiji Mutoh pitching up in the main event scene. NJPW meanwhile break with tradition by not actually holding a Best of The Super Juniors Tournament at the Best Of The Super Juniors event. Ah well.

On the US indies my future sister company NWA:Wildside draw 890+ and put on a very respectable card. Encouraging signs from Prince Justice, David Young and a young kid named AJ Styles. Keep that up and they may just end up on the Chosen One's radar

July '01

WWF have been utilising Stone Cold less and less and the strategy now seems clear. Austin is out as figurehead and by God The Rock is in. More good news for The Great one as a few days later he picks up a televised victory over Justin Credible. Be a shame if he had to go off and shoot a movie in the next 12 months....

Meanwhile the big push for Jericho continues as he once again main events the PPV opposite the Power Trip, this time with Kane in his corner in an A rated affair. King DDP defeats Rikishi in the feud to determine who was the Undertaker's worst IRL feud around this time

In Japan NOAH begin to upstage their larger contemporaries, powered by Misawa

August '01

If you're wondering what our hero, Jeff Jarrett has been up to....not a great deal. I wasn't controlling Jeff at this point and was keen to see what he was getting up to when left to his own devices. Without Vince Russo booking anywhere nobody seems to have chosen The Chosen One, though. I guess he'll just have to start his OWN company

The big news of course is WWF SummerSlam. Stone Cold retains his title over arch rival The Rock in the main event but the real story is in the opener. In a month where Triple H worked with Dean Malenko and The Goodfather on TV he gives Raven the biggest win of his career, dropping the Intercontinental Championship to the ECW legend on WWF's second biggest show. What a selfless pillar of the company.

NWA:Wildside rise to Regional level

September '01

Shockwaves are sent throughout the wrestling world. Stone Cold Steve Austin is sidelined for upwards of a year with a major concussion. Questions about the long lasting effects of concussions on wrestlers' brains will have to wait though because the WWF need to crown a new champion.

Not much else to note but of interest is Samoa Joe and CM Punk both headlining cards in the same month. AJ Styles steals the show at NWA:Wildside's anniversary show, losing to former tag team partner Air Paris. In Japan, AJPW and NJPW put on solid efforts but NOAH are consistently blowing them out of the water

October '01

One of the most significant televisual moments of all time kicks off the month as Maven wins Tough Enough and a WWF contarct. On SmackDown the WWF find the man to fill Stone Cold's shoes as they crown their new champion

All hail King Page! What a year for DDP

In the main event of No Mercy Booker T defeats the Rock who has done nothing but job since being made figurehead. A poisoned chalice.

To cap off a very newsworthy month in the WWF, they retain the services of K-Kwik which kills off hopes of me forming the authentic 3 Live Kru. Ah well at least now I won't feel obliged to sign Konnan

November '01

A quieter month this month in the WWF. Brian Adams is released at the start of the month (which makes them retaining the services of Brian Clarke the week before all the more questionable) and perhaps the most noteworthy thing is that The Rock actually picked up a televised win (over The Big Show. By DQ). That all changes in week 4 of the month though as the WWF unveil their first blockbuster signing of the save: HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME! True to life Big Poppa Pump signs on with the E the second he becomes available. Will his truly awful series with Triple H be replicated? Time will tell

The real story though is that our hero actually does something! Double J and Dustin Rhodes go over Rick Steiner and BG James in the main event of the Yokozuna Memorial show, in a match which will surely crack the End of Year Awards

December '01

A young kid by the name of The American Dragon has been touring with Zero One since September and by the time his December run ends he is at C popularity in some regions of Japan. Really making a name for himself out there, and with an NWA member no less. Interesting. Speaking of the NWA, the world championship also belongs to a member of the Zero One roster - Katsumi Usuda defeated Steve Corino back in June and has held onto it ever since.

In the end of year awards the WWF clean up. HHH takes wrestler of the year, SummerSlam card of the year, DDP veteran wrestler of the year, and The Two Man Power Trip vs Eddie Guerrero & The Undertaker wins MOTY honours.

January '02

We're into the New Year and this is gonna be the year of Jarrett. But first there's the small matter of the Royal Rumble which is won by Triple H (True to life. Nice)

Elsewhere history is made as at the age of 23 AJ Styles wins his first World Championship - defeating Homicide and Usuda in a triple threat for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. If this kid didn't look like a great rival for Double J before he definitely does now.

February '02

I realise that this entire time that I've neglected Mexico. a quick glance confirms what I suspected - CMLL and AAA are about neck and neck but the AAA roster excites me far greater than the various Villanos and old guys who CMLL have to offer. This may seem unimportant but some of these guys will be appearing in a World X Cup at some point

AJ Styles' historic NWA title reign comes to an end as he drops the title to Shinya Hashimoto.

March '02

The big news is that DDP ends his incredible year with the most career defining moment there is. In the main event of WrestleMania XVIII DDP successfully defends his WWF Championship, ending the Undertaker's streak. I'M BEGGIN' YA TAKER! MAKE ME FAMOUS!
Royal Rumble winner and 2001's best wrestler, Triple H does not appear anywhere on the card however he does have something to celebrate. Wedding bells are in the air as Hunter and Stephanie McMahon announce their engagement. Aww.

An interesting crop of young talent make their debuts such as Alex Shelley, Chris Mordetzsky, Daizee Haze and one legged wonder Zach Gowen

April '02

The final month before the wrestling world is turned on its head, by God.

On WWF PPV (the last PPV under the WWF banner), Page continues his stellar run, defeating Eddie in the main event. Triple H's reward for his fine work is another night off.

Samoa Joe and CM Punk are the veritable Kings Of The Indies by now, Punk as the IWA-MS Champion and Joe holding firmly onto the UPW championship (Joe enters a B- rated match in April which is pretty stellar for a company that size)

Not much else to report this month so just some final little tidbits that have occurred throughout the year but gone unreported

Triple H has taken a dislike to Jeff Hardy and Eddie Guerrero and Chyna is dating Val Venis now. So maybe she'll star in an adult movie way ahead of schedule

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. So that's what's happened so far. Most of WCW's former roster are out there in the wild apart from Steiner, Austin is out injured, Rock has departed to make the Scorpion King and Jericho has gone off on tour with his band. If ever there was a time to strike at McMahon's blackened heart now is surely it
Unread 09-01-2018, 08:03 AM
Minor League

Default NWA:TNA Chapter 1

We are LIVE from the near sold out Bessemer Civic Centre in Alabama for the first ever NWA: TNA show, titled simply "Chapter 1". It's an eclectic roster, pretty true to the real life NWA:TNA but with less guys dressed as genitalia. Now it wouldn't be TNA without some kind of organisational SNAFU so we're accidentally running against NWA:Wildside which means that a good chunk of the roster isn't actually available for night 1. What was that about not making dumb mistakes like the real TNA?

Our boradcast team welcome us to the event. "Professor" Mike Tenay calling the action, flanked by pudgy faced shill Don West and none other than Jerry "The King" Lawler. They promise that a new chapter is beginning for the NWA and for wrestling as a whole. In tonight's main event there will be a 20 man "Gauntlet For The Gold" with the winner earning a shot at the most prestigious prize in professional wrestling, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Out next, clad in a suit is a man perhaps more associated with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship than any other; The NATCHA BWAH Ric Flair! Woo! Flair says that a new dawn is here for the NWA. We will make history and that prestige is going to be restored to professional wrestling. We send Flair out without a script obviously and he gets a bit muddled and begins to rant but the crowd don't seem to mind because they came to see the greatest of all time WALK THAT AISLE WOO! etc.

Getting back on track, Flair tells us that the NWA have assigned him as their special representative in TNA and he is here to ensure that tonight's main event goes off without a hitch and that the best man to represent TNA wins.

This brings out Jeff Jarrett. Jeff says that clearly he is the best man to represent the NWA and that Double J is TNA. He and Ric go back and forth, Ric essentially saying that if Double J really is the Man then you know what they say. To be the man WOO! you have to beat the man (or in this case 19 men). With that Flair's royalty-free music hits and Double J sulks off leaving Flair to strut and bounce off the ropes and such like

Flair meandered off script and this threw Double J's performance but it served its purpose in firing up the crowd, setting off our 2 major storylines and making it clear to the audience that Jarrett is a big deal
B

-----------------------------------------------------

VS
Blitzkrieg & Joey Matthews vs Jorge Estrada & Billy Fives

NWA:TNA puts its best foot forward and our first ever bout showcases what this company is all about: A WCW Saturday Night also ran, a young indy guy, An Elvis Impersonator and Billy Fives

These aren't the most famous faces we'll see here tonight but the action is fast and decent and the crowd responds. Encouraging signs from the young Joey Matthews who picks up the victory, pinning Billy Fives

Hey at least in my TNA there was only 1 Elvis and he lost
D-

Our announcers stall for time while the wrestlers clear the ring because we don't have enough angles on this show (It's called Total Nonstop Action guys). Tenay puts over the high flyers saying we'll be seeing the best the world has to offer here in NWA:TNA while Lawler just keeps yelling about the guy dressed as Elvis. Don West says "are you kidding"

This has given enough time for the ring to empty and we're back for match number 2

VS

Jerry Lynn isn't available so it's BJ Whitmer. Kory Chavis is here because he was one of the more over guys in the region. A slower paced match than the previous affair. Whitmer dominates for large portions with Chavis making comebacks - the local crowd respond but it's not enough for him to overcome Whitmer who puts him away clean

Another decent bout. If all my throwaway undercard matches can be so good I'll be pleased
D-

Another semi familiar face appears on the ramp, that of Major Gunns. She makes her way to the ring, bypassing a perplexed Whitmer on his way out. Gunns oscillates for a time before grabbing a microphone. Before she can speak however she is interrupted

"Welllll, Wellllll, Wellllllll"

Yes folks. Joel Gertner is out. There's only one T N A that the Quintessential Stud Muffin is interested in and it's standing in the ring. Gertner joins Gunns in the ring, doing his perverse spiel and generally acting a letch. Until, that is, he is interrupted by some God awful home brewed rap music

BG James comes out to the adoration of the fans, doing his own shtick. James makes his way to the ring, does the catch phrases, verbally eviscerates Gertner and finally decks him. James and Gunns share a laugh and leave together

I didn't trust James to wrestle right away because of his demons so he's feuding with Joel Gertner until I can see if he is on the straight and narrow
C

VS
Joey Machete vs Apolo

A terrible, if mercifully short affair. Apolo is a big deal in Puerto Rico and this match exists to get him over. It does not succeed. Apolo wins easily

Yikes
F

Backstage we go with a proper TNA mainstay, the Chris Farley-eyed Jeremy Borash. "JB" is with a man considered by many one of the top contenders for tonight's main event, "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock.

With his usual dazzling charisma Ken cuts a promo saying he was the first ever UFC Superfight Champion and after he goes through all 19 men tonight he's gonna go on and become the first NWA:TNA Champion

VS
Low Ki vs Johnny Kashmere
Back to the ring for our first glimpse of what Mike Tenay refers to as "The X-Division" - a vaguely defined term for high flyers and good workers which is basically the "good matches" division

With that said this match is positioned to steal the show and bring the crowd back up after Apolo and Charisma Ken have bored them to death

It doesn't exactly go to plan as Johnny Kashmere blows a few spots and things get a bit sloppy. Low Ki puts him away with the Dragon Clutch

Expect much better from Johnny who was really off his game
E+

A quick trip backstage where the lovely Dawn Marie introduces herself and also introduces her new charge, TNA's blue chip prospect, Sonny Siaki. Dawn assures us that if we aren't familiar with these two yet we will be after Sonny Siaki throws 19 men over the top rope tonight and goes on to be crowned the NWA World Heavyweight Champion

E

It's time for the MAIN EVENT. But first The Nature Boy returns.

Ric WALKS THAT AISLE and takes a microphone. He says he's gonna be ringside to make sure that there is no foul play and that we have a definitive winner. He tells us that he has the authority to get involved physically if necessary and finally fires up the crowd before taking a seat

Natch' performs better when going off script this time and really lifts the crowd before the main event
B+

20 Man Gauntlet For The Gold

Participants: Rob Van Dam, BG James, The Wall, Tommy Dreamer, Ken Shamrock, Fit Finlay, The Avalanche, Jeff Jarrett, Stone Mountain, Sonny Siaki, BJ Whitmer, Joey Matthews, Low Ki, Blitzkrieg, Apolo, Johnny Kashmere, Mike Rapada, Prince Iukea, Kory Chavis, Joey Machete

A varied mix of no names, independent talent, past WCW/WWF guys and even some ECW faces compete in a royal rumble style battle royal match. The main players, clearly, are pictured above but we make it down to a final four of Rob Van Dam, Ken Shamrock, Jeff Jarrett and The Avalanche.

All three other men gang up on Avalanche, hitting their finishers but they struggle to get the big man up and over. Jarrett sneaks out of the ring and goes for the steel chair. Ric Flair is immediately on the scene but Jarrett shoves Flair down, abandoning the chair and instead going for the trusty guitar! Jarrett gets back in and blasts Shamrock. He then gets the drop on RVD and hits him with The Stroke.

Before Jeff can eliminate either man, Ric Flair dives in and the crowd comes unglued as Flair tees off on Double J with the trademark jabs, flooring The Chosen One. Ken Shamrock is back up and in his trademark rage he belly to belly suplexes Jeff and then hurls him over the top. Still fired up, Ken tears into The Avalanche and somehow manages to smash the big man over the top rope with a series of clotheslines and a huge jumping calf kick.

Our final 2 are Rob Van Dam and Ken Shamrock. After some good back and forth action, with lots of pseudo martial arts thrown in, Ken Shamrock eventually eliminates RVD after almost an hour of action

Winner: Ken Shamrock
Most Elminations: The Avalanche
Longest Time: Rob Van Dam

The first ever NWA:TNA show ends with Ric Flair holding up the hand of Ken Shamrock, the number one contender for the NWA World Heavyewight Championship

Show Rating: C-
Unread 09-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Super Star

What pop settings did you give TNA? I mean you're popular enough to hire Lawler, RVD, and Flair, but you're not more popular than Wildside? Not a bad first show.
Unread 09-02-2018, 06:23 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
What pop settings did you give TNA? I mean you're popular enough to hire Lawler, RVD, and Flair, but you're not more popular than Wildside? Not a bad first show.
Just whatever they're set to begin as in the mod, which it turns out is 34 in the South East, 14s everywhere else (except Hawaii and Puerto Rico). I see that Wilside are at 37 in the South East, so it's marginal. Appreciate the feedback, too. Good to have you aboard

Here's your card for Chapter 2, where we will get the X Division Championship mini-tournament underway

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Shinya Hashimoto (c) vs Ken Shamrock

X Division Championship Qualifier
Low Ki vs Johnny Kashmere vs Jorge Estrada

Joey Matthews vs Kid Kash vs AJ Styles

BJ Whitmer vs Adam Jacobs vs Air Paris

The Outkasts (Onyx & Jeremy Lopez) vs The Buccaneers (Jason Cross & Caprice Coleman)

Rob Van Dam vs Joey Machete

Apolo & James Storm vs Billy Fives & The Avalanche
Unread 09-02-2018, 11:44 AM
Low Minors

I appreciated the first show. I don't have much to say but I like the fact that you too also go off script sometimes or that you try to explain your booking, it really adds something to the shows.

The Outkasts (Onyx & Jeremy Lopez) vs The Buccaneers (Jason Cross & Caprice Coleman)

Unread 09-02-2018, 12:00 PM
All Star

No Contest from two tough men

Unread 09-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Ken Shamrock
Low Ki
AJ Styles
BJ Whitmer
Outkasts
RVD
Apolo and Storm
Unread 09-02-2018, 01:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Ken Shamrock
Low Ki
AJ Styles
BJ Whitmer
Buccaneers
RVD
Apolo and Storm
Unread 09-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Minor League

Default NWA:TNA Chapter 2

Thursday Week 2, June 2002
AL Bessemer Civic Centre 2,000 (SELL OUT)

Our broadcast team welcomes us to what promises to be an explosive show. Mike Tenay says that we are going to be blown away by the action in the X-Division, where tonight we will have three triple threat matches. The winners of these matches will progress to a triple threat ladder match next month to crown the first ever TNA X-Division Champion. But that's not all, tonight right here the NWA World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as international superstar Shinya Hashimoto defends the title against "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock

AHAHAAAAA!

Before we can get into the action, however, Jeff Jarrett's music hits and he stomps to the ring, all business. Double J takes a mic and says he wants to talk about what happened last month. Jarrett is not pleased about the way things went down last month and he's here to address it

Jeff: "Now you all listen here and listen good. I got something I want to say to all of you people, to those guys with the pencils on the NDubyaA committee, to all the boys in the back and especially to you Ric Flair"

WOOOOOO!

Before Jeff can finish his thought, The Nature Boy's music hits and he strides out to rapturous applause. Flair makes his way to the ring and after soaking in the adulation/staring Jeff out, Flair says that anything Jarrett has to say, he can say to Flair's face. Flair begins going off on Jeff about being the man, beating the man, and generally firing up. Double J, to everyone's surprise, says that he wants to apologise.

Jarrett is out here to say that everything he said is true - he is the man, he is TNA and he is the best man to lead the NWA - but Flair was right. Jarrett has to prove that in the ring and he went about it the wrong way. From here on out Jarrett is gonna prove to Flair and to everybody that he is the best thing going in professional wrestling. Shinya Hashimoto and Ken Shamrock had better be on notice because the queue forms behind Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett shocks Flair again by offering him a handshake

He moves to exit the ring but turns suddenly. Double J has one final message for Flair; Ric Flair is the greatest legend in the history of this business and that's the only reason why Jarrett is gonna allow Flair to get away with putting his hands on him last month. If he ever does that again Jarrett will knock flair right out of his $2,000 dollar loafers

A hot opening segment with both men at their lispy best, firing the crowd up
B+

VS
The Outkasts vs The Buccaneers

Mike Tenay puts the four men over as some very talented up an comers, promising fast paced action. Tenay hints that the two teams have history, alluding to their ongoing feud in NWA:Wildside, saying they've clashed in the past.

The two teams engage in a lot of quick tags and fast paced action. The Buccaneers attempt some....double teams(?) but they are awkward and disjointed. The Outkasts frequently employ some underhand tactics with Don West disavowing their strategy; Lawler meanwhile praises their ruthless streak

Onyx catches Cross with a roll up, assisted by Lopez for leverage behind the ref's back and picks up the victory

Winners: The Outkasts
A decent opener. Had high hopes for Cross because his finish is a shooting star leg drop but he and Coleman mix like oil and water, though their bad chemistry may have been affected by the fact he was drunk off his ass
D+

BG James and his atrocious music make their presence known. James is accompanied to the ring by Major Gunns. James fires the crowd up with the catchphrases and DMX lyrics and whatever else it is that he does. James says that if you know anything about him, you know that he knows all about Gunns so there that joke is. He makes some innuendo about how he and Major Gunns have been getting to know each other a little better since last month. They've decided they make a good pair and Major Gunns has a hell of a pair herself

Wellll, Welllll, Wellllllllllll

James is interrupted by none other than the Quintessential Stud Muffin himself, Joel Gertner - a man with actual good catch phrases and genuine rhyming skills. Gertner calls the crowd hicks and hillbillies and wonders why Gunns is hanging around with BG when the letters BJ are probably more her thing.

James retorts but Gertner responds with enough crass barbs that James eventually polls the audience on whether he should walk up the ramp and kick Gertner's ass. Gertner casts a vote for "no" but is heavily outvoted by the 2,000 in attendance - he is backed up by Jerry Lawler at least

Gertner looks afraid as James strides up the ramp toward him but he stands his ground. Begging as James grabs his neck brace -

BAM! Gertner is spared a battering by a mystery assailant blindsiding the former Roadie.

Gertner looks on with glee as his rescuer gives BG James a pasting, ramming his head into the set and putting the boots to him. Major Gunns looks on concerned as Gertner makes lewd gestures toward her. The boos rain down as Gertner and the as-yet-unnamed-on-commnetary David Young survey the damage

Don West: This was a damn set up! Joel Gertner set this up!

D

VS VS

Our X Division qualifiers get off to a strong start with this one. While Paris and Jacobs are making their TNA debuts they are more familiar to the local crowd from their Wildside exploits and are both, particularly Air Paris, very over.

Loads of fast offense, dives, suplexes and strikes are the order of the day. Tenay is in his element, putting over the three youngsters and providing background.

After a lot of fast, wide open action Air Paris ascends the top rope, Adam Jacobs seemingly at his mercy. BJ Whitmer, previously knocked to the outside, springs into life and crotches Paris on the top turnbuckle before knocking him to the outside with a huge elbow smash. Whitmer quickly darts into the ring and blasts Jacobs with the Exploder '98, garnering a massive reaction from the commentators. Whitmer covers and scores the 1...2...3

Winner: BJ Whitmer
Good performances from the young men and the X Division finally comes to life after a false start last month
C-

VS VS

The NWA:TNA crowd get their first glimpse of "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles in this bout. Tenay is waxing poetic about Styles on commentary and eventually Lawler is sickened and begins berating Tenay for acting like Styles is the second coming

If the previous bout got the X Division off the ground then this match has really made it take off. Three of TNA's best and brightest were briefed with wowing the crowd and they duly deliver. Kid Kash, also making his debut, is superb as the cocky heel, the plucky Joey Matthews holds his own but really they burn up in the supernova that is AJ Styles with his Moonsault DDT and his Shooting Star Press to the outside of the ring

Styles hits Joey Matthews with the Styles Clash for the win

Winner: AJ Styles
The lads delivered and former NWA Heavyweight Champion AJ lived up to the hype
C+

We go backstage to JB and Ken. This oughtta slow the pulses after those high flying affairs. Ken says he's fought Hashimoto before and he's ready for the fight of his life for the NWA Championship

KNUCKLE UP
E+

vs
Joey Machete vs Rob Van Dam

RVD gets to showcase his offense while the commentators talk about how close RVD came to winning the Gauntlet For The Gold last month.

Machete offers some token resistance in the form of ringside brawling but RVD wrests back control before hitting the Five Star Frog Splash for the win

Winner: *THUMB*Rob*THUMB*Van*THUMB*Dam
D+

After the bout RVD grabs the ring mic and says Machete's ass just got smoked. As for the NWA championship? Shamrock? Hashimoto? It doesn't matter because in the NWA there are only three letters that matter

D

The commentary team fill time talking about the World Heavyweight Championship picture, with Lawler calling both Van Dam and Shamrock "idiots" and saying that the NWA needs a real champion like Double J. After some bickering about this the competitors for the next tag bout begin making their way to the ring

VS
Apolo & James Storm VS Billy Fives & The Avalanche

A mixed feast, talent-wise in this relatively short bout between two thrown together duos. Storm and Apolo start hot before Avalanche crushes the young Tennessee Cowboy. Storm gets worked over by the dastardly heels before Billy Fives trips on a banana peel leading to the hot(?) tag to Apolo. The Puerto Rican cleans house and eventually finishes The Avalanche with El Fondo Del Abismo (that's the Flatliner to you)

Winners: Apolo & "Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm
James Storm's cowboy gimmick goes down predictably well here in the deep south
E+

A quick jaunt backstage where Dawn Marie hypes Sonny Siaki in a generic spot

E

VS VS
Low Ki vs Jorge Estrada vs Johnny Kashmere

Tenay and West are happy because Low Ki and Johnny Kashmere are good in the ring and Jerry Lawler is happy because there is a man dressed as Elvis.

It's our final X Division Championship qualifier and there's a lot to live up to after the previous two. Happily Johnny Kashmere and Low Ki gel better in this sort-of-rematch from Chapter 1 - I guess Johnny Kashmere just needs a guy dressed as Elvis to find his groove. Where the previous 2 X Division bouts were wide open contests it's a lot clearer here who the star is as Low Ki batters his foes with brutal strikes. The two heels double team Ki but Johnny Kashmere's inevitable betrayal allows Ki back into the match. Low Ki dispatches Johnny Kashmere and finishes Jorge Estrada with the Dragon Clutch

Winner: Low Ki
D+

Backstage the cameras catch up with BG James who is not his usual sarcastic self. Furious about the earlier attack James rants about Gertner and promises that he's gonna even the score with both he and whoever the goon was that Gertner is working with

C

VS

It's finally time for the main event of the evening - these write ups feel a lot busier when a battle royal doesn't take up half the show.

Mike Tenay puts Hashimoto over strong, talking him up as basically being wrestling royalty in Japan and touting his record breaking reign as the IWGP Champion. Lawler pipes up that he himself is wrestling royalty.

It's an intense affair from the two men who each work a stiff and brutal style, the bout often times looking like a pseudo-MMA match. Shamrock sinks the Ankle Lock in early and even though Hashimoto fights to the ropes the damage is clearly done. As the match wears on Hashimoto visibly hobbles.

Nevertheless, after almost 30 minutes Hashimoto has Ken at his mercy, blasting him with stiff kicks to the head. Suddenly something is Shamrock snaps and Ken actually gets up to his knees, waving Hashimoto on as he nails him with another stiff kick to the head. Shamrock let's out a primal scream as Hashimoto rears back for the killing blow - but it's blocked! Shamrock catches the kick and rolls through into the Ankle Lock. Hashimoto hits Ken with a stiff kick between the eyes and escapes the hold - only to get levelled with a belly to belly suplex! Shamrock once again sinks in the Ankle Lock and Hashimoto has no choice but to tap out

Winner and new NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Ken Shamrock
A good bout marred only by the crowd's indifference to the Japanese great unfamiliar to them
C

Post match Ken Shamrock celebreates in the ring as Ric Flair makes his way down the ramp

Flair presents Shamrock with the 10 pounds of gold while Tenay and West sell what a huge moment this is for Ken Shamrock and for the future of the NWA. Shamrock soaks up the adulation before making his way toward the back

The show ends with Ric Flair looking proudly on as Ken Shamr- NO! What the hell is this!?

Jeff Jarrett from out of nowhere - out of the audience or under the ring or God knows where - jumps the Nature Boy from behind. Jarrett levels Flair with The Stroke and begins measuring the prone Flair. As Flair struggles to his knees Jarrett blasts Flair between the eyes with the guitar

"YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME, FLAIR! THIS IS JEFF JARRETT'S WORLD!"

Flair, of course, blades and becomes a bloody mess as Jarrett peppers him with right hands. Officials arrive on the scene and prise Double J off of Flair.

The show ends with a dazed and bloodied Ric Flair looking glassy eyed at a triumphant Jeff Jarrett preening to the incensed crowd

B+

I feel like things are taking shape after the "pilot". We have our main event scene, the X-Division looks capable of propping up the card with good matches and stories are beginning to find some direction
Overall show rating: C
Unread 09-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Awesome show! This feels significantly more intriguing than the start of the actual TNA did, can't wait to see who your inaugural X Division title holder is.
Unread 09-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Minor League

Default A quick news round-up and Chapter 3 Card

So since TNA opened its doors there have been some pretty significant changes in the world of professional wrestling. here's a quick run down of the headlines

-IWA-MS sadly closed its doors in June, citing bankruptcy. It leaves a lot of talented indie wrestlers without a home, though some have already landed elsewhere. Their last ever champion was CM Punk

-Fellow hardcore league XPW went under as well. Their final champion was Shaggy 2 Dope

-Most shockingly my sister company NWA:Wildside are no longer with us, having been procured by World Wrestling Entertainment. Reasons for this remain unknown as the WWE declined to hoover up the considerable talent on Wildside's roster

-The gap in the indy wrestling scene has been plugged somewhat as upstart promotions Ring Of Honor and Major League Wrestling opened their doors.

-MLW installed none other than Eric Bischoff as head booker. The Bisch has assembled a talented roster. Their debut show saw Vampire Warrior crowned champion after defeating Monty Brown

-ROH chose another familiar face as head booker. Vince Russo. I SWEAR TO GAWD! Russo has assembled a bizarre mix of great independent talent (Jay Lethal, the SATs, Paul London) and his usual stable of freaks, weirdos and Ed Ferarra (Blue Meanie, Nicole Bass, Ed Ferarra)

So that's the big news. Here's your preview for NWA:TNA Chapter 3

Ladder Match For the X Division Championship
BJ Whitmer vs Low Ki vs AJ Styles

BG James vs David Young

Jeff Jarrett vs Chris Harris

NWA:TNA Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1
"Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm & Apolo vs The Outkasts

NWA:TNA Tag Team Championship Tournament Round 1
Kid Kash & Prince Justice vs Caprice Coleman & Joey Matthews

Air Paris vs Adam Jacobs

Sonny Siaki vs Rob Van Dam
Unread 09-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Russo as ROH booker is kinda interesting...

Whitmer
James
Jarrett
Outkasts
Kash/Justice
Jacobs
RVD