Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2019, 11:57 PM
Super Star

Maybe if AEW does well on TNT, a better network from Viacom will want Impact just to get wrestling on their network.
Unread 05-27-2019, 04:59 AM
Rookie

Josh Matthews in a recent interview:

Quote:
"I can't give you any confirmation. I can tell you we're in an excited place with some things going on, but obviously I can't get into any specific detail about what's going on. But I'm excited."
Unread 07-07-2019, 12:31 AM
Minor League

The North (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page) are the new Impact Wrestling tag team champions, having defeated LAX at Impact's Bash at the Brewery show. Now I do like LAX but I'm hoping The North get a long reign with the titles, so they can show how good they are as a team and shake things up in general.
Unread 07-07-2019, 05:13 AM
Rookie

LAX contracts are up soon. With Anderson and Gallows seemingly happy to collect a big paycheck at WWE, I think LAX would round out the AEW tag division nicely. I wouldn't count out WWE making an offer.
Unread 07-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
LAX contracts are up soon. With Anderson and Gallows seemingly happy to collect a big paycheck at WWE, I think LAX would round out the AEW tag division nicely. I wouldn't count out WWE making an offer.
Yeah I'm hoping they go to AEW.

Anyone else planning on watching Slammiversary? I haven't been watching Impact, but I usually at least read the results. Looks like a solid PPV on paper so going to check it out.
Unread 07-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Rookie

I am in the same boat with impact. I really have not watched in ages. I thought about getting this show but the 40 dollar price tag is a little steep for me.
Unread 07-07-2019, 09:28 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk8492 View Post
Maybe if AEW does well on TNT, a better network from Viacom will want Impact just to get wrestling on their network.
I've heard AXS TV might be an option. But if that happens, they can write this market off completely. Pop, Destination America, Pursuit. We get all of them here. AXS TV we don't. And being a southern company, I wouldn't think they'd want to lose a place that's hosted as many big cards over the years as Scope has. But then I can't remember the last time Impact was in Hampton Roads. Heck, Ring of Honor's been here more recently than I remember hearing of Impact coming to the region.
Unread 07-11-2019, 02:34 AM
Living Legend

I cannot take Impact seriously when they have Sami Callihan vs. Tessa Blanchard as their main event on their biggest show of the year.
Unread 07-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I cannot take Impact seriously when they have Sami Callihan vs. Tessa Blanchard as their main event on their biggest show of the year.
I only really liked Sami in Lucha Underground but Tessa is arguably their biggest star (or should be).
Unread 07-12-2019, 12:23 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
I only really liked Sami in Lucha Underground but Tessa is arguably their biggest star (or should be).
I just hate intergender matches. Therefore, it does not matter if the match is good or not I just find the concept stupid.

I would have no problem with Tessa headlining against another woman. Though their Women's Division is looking pretty bad these days.
Unread 07-12-2019, 01:39 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I just hate intergender matches. Therefore, it does not matter if the match is good or not I just find the concept stupid.

I would have no problem with Tessa headlining against another woman. Though their Women's Division is looking pretty bad these days.
I also am not big on intergender matches.
Unread 09-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Super Star

Anthem buying AXS TV and putting IMPACT on that channel might be the first upward traction this promotion has had in a decade. Good for them. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving lot.
Unread 09-12-2019, 06:14 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootinie View Post
Anthem buying AXS TV and putting IMPACT on that channel might be the first upward traction this promotion has had in a decade. Good for them. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving lot.
Yeah, somehow with all of the "stars" they tried to bring in over the years, in some form or another, did not lead them to the promised land as prophesied.
The roster works hard. This truly is the workhorse era it seems, as I feel the same way about most other rosters, despite booking.

Good to see guys like Cage, Johnny, Rhino, Dreamer, Dashwood, and RVD find their way back into the limelight
As well as giving shine to deserving dudes like Ethan Page, Willie Mack, Petey Williams! Jordynne Grace, Rosemary, Madison Rayne, Tessa Blanchard..

I haven't been excited for them in a bit, I might even watch.

I'll personally give Johnny Impact being on Survivor a slim bit of credit, just as a side note.
Unread 09-12-2019, 11:39 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijar View Post

I'll personally give Johnny Impact being on Survivor a slim bit of credit, just as a side note.
Last I heard, Johnny was finished with Impact for quite a while now, or has he resigned?
Unread 09-13-2019, 05:39 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leion View Post
Last I heard, Johnny was finished with Impact for quite a while now, or has he resigned?
I think you are right, I just saw him on a few of their ads so not sure as far as tapings go.