Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-08-2019, 03:41 PM

Default Connection error when I launch the game

Hello, I bought TEW 2013 on Steam today, and every time I try to launch it, it displays the following message:

(Attached image)

And then... it closes! I tried reinstalling the game (multiple times), verifying the cache files via the Steam platform, and I tried to follow some steps on the FAQ guide, but nothing is working. Please, can I get some help? I really wanna try out the game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TEW verga.jpg (15.0 KB, 5 views)
Unread 07-09-2019, 02:32 AM
GDS Developer

What operating system are you using? It sounds like some of your components may be out of date or missing.
Unread 07-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
What operating system are you using? It sounds like some of your components may be out of date or missing.

I'm using Windows 8. Could that be it?
Unread 07-10-2019, 02:33 AM
GDS Developer

If you view this page it gives you information on how to address this issue (the problem isn't with TEW, it's with the Windows files). If you try the solution listed as "Resolution 1", that should hopefully solve your problem.

If you're not a technical person and don't understand it, please just let me know and I'll try and simplify it for you.
Unread 07-10-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
If you view this page it gives you information on how to address this issue (the problem isn't with TEW, it's with the Windows files). If you try the solution listed as "Resolution 1", that should hopefully solve your problem.

If you're not a technical person and don't understand it, please just let me know and I'll try and simplify it for you.

Hmm, I see. I followed the instructions on that page, and when I do it, I receive the following message: (attached photo)

Which translates to:
RegSvr32
It is possible that the module "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total Exterme Wrestling 2013\system\TEW2013Settings.mdb" isn't compatible with the Windows version you're using. Check if the module is compatible with a x86 version (32 bits) or x64 (64 bits) of regsvr32.exe.

What does this mean?
(By the way, sorry for the loosely used English, it is not my native language and maybe some of the things I'm saying aren't correctly written).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tew ejecutar.jpg (17.9 KB, 3 views)
Unread 07-13-2019, 02:46 AM
GDS Developer

No problem, your English is great - I'm learning Spanish at the moment and I'd be hopeless trying to make an error report in that language!

I think you're inputting the command incorrectly. From your screen shot, I think you may have entered:

regsvr32 "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total Extreme Wrestling 2013\system\TEW2013Settings.mdb"

What you should be entering is:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL"

However, you would need to do a search on your computer to find where the file DAO360.DLL is first, as that may not be the correct path.
Unread 07-13-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
No problem, your English is great - I'm learning Spanish at the moment and I'd be hopeless trying to make an error report in that language!

I think you're inputting the command incorrectly. From your screen shot, I think you may have entered:

regsvr32 "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total Extreme Wrestling 2013\system\TEW2013Settings.mdb"

What you should be entering is:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO360.DLL"

However, you would need to do a search on your computer to find where the file DAO360.DLL is first, as that may not be the correct path.
Hahaha, nice! Thank you for the kindness.

Well, I tried that, and the Run app confirms this: (attached pic)

Basically it says that the DllRegisterServer went ok, but I still can't open the game, the same error pops up every time.
Attached Images
File Type: png tew 360.png (4.6 KB, 3 views)
Unread 07-14-2019, 11:45 AM
GDS Developer

I've asked one of my colleagues to look into it, I will hopefully hear back from him soon.
Unread 07-14-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I've asked one of my colleagues to look into it, I will hopefully hear back from him soon.
Ok Adam, thank you. Let me know when that happens.
Unread 07-19-2019, 03:04 AM
GDS Developer

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to reach my colleague yet as he is away. I'll let you know as soon as I can get hold of him.
Unread 07-19-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been able to reach my colleague yet as he is away. I'll let you know as soon as I can get hold of him.
It's ok! I can wait, just let me know when you have any new info. Thank you for your kindness.
Unread 07-20-2019, 11:58 AM
GDS Developer

Adam had the right advice - usually re-registering that file fixes it. The DAO360.DLL file is part of a bigger pack for database support in Microsoft called the MDAC. You may need to just run that install independently. You can download and run it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5793

So, I would run this install, restart your PC and see if the game works. If it doesn't, I would uninstall the game, run the MDAC again and then reinstall the game. Hope this works!
Unread 07-21-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
Adam had the right advice - usually re-registering that file fixes it. The DAO360.DLL file is part of a bigger pack for database support in Microsoft called the MDAC. You may need to just run that install independently. You can download and run it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5793

So, I would run this install, restart your PC and see if the game works. If it doesn't, I would uninstall the game, run the MDAC again and then reinstall the game. Hope this works!
Hello!! Thank you for your help. I followed those steps, tried both, but opening the game displays the same error.
Unread 07-22-2019, 02:53 PM
GDS Developer

At this point, I'm not sure what steps to take. All computers are different and something may have just happened to corrupt your MDAC. As a Hail Mary, try to install the TEW2016 demo and see if that fixes it. You can get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7...2016_Trial.EXE
Unread 07-22-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
At this point, I'm not sure what steps to take. All computers are different and something may have just happened to corrupt your MDAC. As a Hail Mary, try to install the TEW2016 demo and see if that fixes it. You can get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7...2016_Trial.EXE

I installed it, and when I launch it, same error occurs. sorry for bothering you with this process. It seems like my PC doesn't want me to play the game, hahaha.