Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Living Legend

Love the feature announced today. Not a game-changer but an awesome refinement.
Unread 06-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilburTrey View Post
Any Chance You are going to put in a random "resurgence" feature where someone on time decline might be able to put on non time decline effected matches for 6 months- a year before the decline penalty starts back up? Just thought it would be an interesting feature since so many older workers are coming back and doing well before getting tired and going away again.
Cool suggestion, though taking away the decline penalties sounds a bit too much. Maybe give them a shot "nostalgia" pop/skill boost instead?
Unread 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_RaideR View Post
Cool suggestion, though taking away the decline penalties sounds a bit too much. Maybe give them a shot "nostalgia" pop/skill boost instead?
They should still take a bigger physical toll on the body. Maybe even be forced
to shift into a different style of wrestling. Just...some of the more recent bumps
PCO took, are straight up brutal and he does moves that he never did in his
prime. So it would be kinda weird if he still performed worse in performance
based companies.
Unread 06-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Any Chance You are going to put in a random "resurgence" feature where someone on time decline might be able to put on non time decline effected matches for 6 months- a year before the decline penalty starts back up? Just thought it would be an interesting feature since so many older workers are coming back and doing well before getting tired and going away again.
That sounds like a good idea. Guys like Ric Flair or Sting are supposedly on time decline in 2001 but went on to have fantastic wrestling matches for 7 to 13 more years respectively.
Unread 06-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Minor League

Will we be able to determine the color's for a brand? So if we pick red, that brand's members will be highlighted in red.
Unread 06-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Rookie

I have a few questions regarding the newly-announced brand split features:
  1. Will the brand's focus automatically change the default match intensity and danger? One of the biggest annoyances right now is that if I have a sports entertainment product and set a brand to modern, I have to manually set each match to have higher intensity and danger.
  2. Can I set minor brands to be auto-booked/auto-run? If I have a development brand, I don't want to waste time running that show every week - is there an option to set a brand to auto-book and just play through it?
  3. Does debuting on another brand affect a worker's short-term momentum? It seems like workers who switch from Smackdown to Raw (or vice versa) get a small boost early on in the real world, similar to a worker returning from being away.
  4. Can the AI handle Brand versus Brand PPV's? I'd like to see an SWF Survivor Series-type event.
Unread 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Will AI companies have brands in this game?
Unread 06-11-2019, 03:05 PM
All Star

Curious to see if any of the companies start out with brands considering how much the AI can handle them now. USPW must be massive by now and is probably using brands. SWF was always ready to do brands but it never did. I really like the update to this feature.
Unread 06-11-2019, 03:07 PM

Looks like I have a lot to catch of on on the developers journal since I haven't read it since January, looking forward to the new game
Unread 06-11-2019, 05:56 PM
Rookie

Just a small suggestion. Would it be possible to integrate the "time off to heal" notices in a similar way to the injury is handled where it shows their status for the shows because of the need for time off to heal. For example they could maybe be classified as needing say 2 shows off from all activity to recover or 4 shows with just angles to recover? I tend to run a lot of shows and it can be a pain to go back and remember which 6 wrestlers I just got the notice on.
Unread 06-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogking View Post
Will AI companies have brands in this game?
It's possible. SOTBPW had one in '13.
Unread 06-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If this isn't in the suggestions area, might be a good place to plop it.

Your post reminded me of some country song... Went something like, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was."

There has definitely been a handful of workers that has done this. I think Gold Dust is probably the best example I can think of that hasn't been brought up already.
Unread 06-11-2019, 08:36 PM
Rookie

Very into the new brand features, especially being able to add some on. I'm at the point in my current save where I want to start a 4th brand due to the number of people on my roster, and I can't imagine I'll ever need to go over 5 brands for anything in the future.
Unread 06-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
Your post reminded me of some country song... Went something like, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was."
That's Toby Keith's "As Good As I Once Was".

Also, I doubt USPW will use brands. They'll probably just have an overbloated roster and even a brand split won't help, similar to WWE's modern situation.

SWF could certainly use brands. They've literally got everything they need to do it.

21CW will have a large roster, but that's because of all the young graduates. They'll probably make a child company to put most of them in to lower their roster.

One thing I'll be interested in is if one of the companies in the Modern Japan Movement adopts the American system of brands. They've adopted the schedule. Adopting brands would be another spit in the face of tradition. BHOTWG might do something like brands, but instead of an American style split, it would be two TV shows, one for the junior heavyweights and one for the heavyweights. If GCG bought out BCG, they could start an invasion angle, with two brands for each company.
Unread 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven James View Post
One thing I'll be interested in is if one of the companies in the Modern Japan Movement adopts the American system of brands. They've adopted the schedule. Adopting brands would be another spit in the face of tradition. BHOTWG might do something like brands, but instead of an American style split, it would be two TV shows, one for the junior heavyweights and one for the heavyweights.
Very possible. New Japan flirted with the idea od brands to help give the younger guys a push. Separate TV show and title.