Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-25-2019, 12:28 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocke View Post
Less than 1 day to the company's debut show (I don't count All In since that was more of a multi-brand Supershow that also included NWA/ROH/New Japan input)! Still cautiously optimistic at the moment and hoping that this will restore some of my interest in the American Wrestling scene (which had been at an all-time low ever since Lucha Underground was seemingly on its deathbed).
I'm honestly stunned LU survived as long as it did with literally no way to make any money. The original idea literally was just wrestling soap opera show and nothing else, on a network that wasn't covering costs. Like, don't run a wrestling company without a business plan folks.

Anywho, I've been kinda slow playing this week, the buzz really hasn't been that big on social media, seems Starrcast was a bit of a bummer with no Flair, Taker or Angle that were advertised, and I really feel like the show hinges on what happens in that Battle Royale. If somebody big doesn't come out of that thing that changes the face of the company I feel like people could turn on this. The real-sport thing really has people cold on them right now. And I can't believe they're going to throw this opportunity away so we can re-run Mid-South 81. I'm hearing all sorts of things about time limits, and prize money and it all just sounds like the very worst of wrestling.

Everything has just been so depressing, and the product pitch has just sucked the life out of me. I've gone from all-in to drawing dead in days. They need to show me some good friggen wrestling and just stop talking.
Unread 05-25-2019, 07:40 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhai View Post
I'm hearing all sorts of things about time limits, and prize money and it all just sounds like the very worst of wrestling.
Oh god. Please don't let them try anything weird. TNA tried all sorts of 'fresh' takes on the pro wresling business, and they all failed miserably.
Unread 05-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Living Legend

Iím hoping Hangman is one of the mystery entrants in the battle royale and wins. No one thatís been announced are big enough names to be in the title picture.
Unread 05-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
I’m hoping Hangman is one of the mystery entrants in the battle royale and wins. No one that’s been announced are big enough names to be in the title picture.
They've announced 17 people so far, that are charity cases and geeks. so 4 surprise entrants if my math is right. I'm assuming one is going to be like... Nash or something like that because he's there and why not? And then one will probably be somebody really dumb like Leva Bates or Dashwood or something, then we'll get the fake "Big surprise" which will probably be Hangman or like Lethal or something, after that it's gotta be the big fish, they're streaming this thing free on B/R so they clearly have something they want everybody to be able to see.

You would think it's Moxley, it could be a NJ guy, but I doubt they'd be this excited to show the general audience a NJ guy. So it's either CM Punk or it's Moxley, IMO. Anything short of that will probably get a disappointed reaction considering how big they've built this up. I think the dark horse pick would probably be John Morrison because I could see them pitching "He's got WWE credibility with independent street cred" and to be fair to Johnny Elite, he'd have a wonderful match with Omega or Jericho. But he's gonna get crapped on if he's the guy.

Last edited by Makhai : 05-25-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Unread 05-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Living Legend

CM Punk is over 300 miles away doing commentary for an MMA event and Moxley is filming a movie.
Unread 05-25-2019, 03:15 PM
Phenom

Quote:
CM Punk is over 300 miles away doing commentary for an MMA event and Moxley is filming a movie.
And Ronda was in South America for Wrestlemania, right? She even tweeted the day of, then hopped a red-eye.
Unread 05-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Living Legend

The MMA event is going on at the same time as Double Or Nothing. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Last edited by Jaysin : 05-25-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Unread 05-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Phenom

Quote:
The MMA event is going on at the same time as Double Or Nothing. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed.
No, I'm just following their booking, like they want me to. The entire Road to Double or Nothing was basically just 3 matches, with HEAVY emphasis on this Battle Royale. They put the first title shot on the line, I didn't do that but by doing it, they've told you that the winner has to be on the level of Omega and Jericho.

Who could that be? A very small list. They know casuals are going to be curious, they want people to pay $50 for PPVs moving forward, how do you do that? I'm not putting anything on this but the expectations they've set for themselves. If they don't meet them, who's fault is this?

Last edited by Makhai : 05-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Unread 05-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Rookie

The Battle Royale winner only gets a title shot because of the PAC situation. Supposedly PAC would have beaten Hangman and faced Omega but Dragon Gate kept the title on PAC so he couldn't lose to Omega. Now I could see Jericho winning and Hangman winning the Battle Royale. I would be OK with someone like Havoc or Janela winning instead. They have one more PPV before All-In 2 to make the #1 Contender look credible. I'm not expecting Moxley in the Battle Royale. He's more likely to run in at the end and attack Omega or they'll save him for the next PPV.
Unread 05-25-2019, 05:25 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
The Battle Royale winner only gets a title shot because of the PAC situation. Supposedly PAC would have beaten Hangman and faced Omega but Dragon Gate kept the title on PAC so he couldn't lose to Omega. Now I could see Jericho winning and Hangman winning the Battle Royale. I would be OK with someone like Havoc or Janela winning instead. They have one more PPV before All-In 2 to make the #1 Contender look credible. I'm not expecting Moxley in the Battle Royale. He's more likely to run in at the end and attack Omega or they'll save him for the next PPV.
If this is where their headspace is right now, the WWE has absolutely nothing to worry about.
Unread 05-25-2019, 06:38 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
They pinned all there build on a Battle Royale of jabronis and now a jabroni is wrestling for the world title. We're off to a great start. The match itself was fun though, they blatantly stole WWE booking of all of their throwaway mania rumbles in a match to crown a #1 contender so that's kinda sad. No idea why they gave this a title shot though. At least put Dreamer over, somebody has heard of him.
Unread 05-25-2019, 06:46 PM
Living Legend

How is Hangman a jabroni?
Unread 05-25-2019, 06:52 PM
Phenom

Quote:
How is Hangman a jabroni?
How do you think he's not? He's clearly the X-Pac of The Elite.
Unread 05-25-2019, 07:25 PM
Living Legend

Hangman rules. Get out of here.
Unread 05-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Living Legend

Awesome Fín Kong!!!!