Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Grey Dog Software General Discussions
Register Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-19-2020, 12:21 PM
GDS Developer

Default Community Introduction Thread

We have a ton of great community members who do things ranging from helping with support, to answering questions and even creating their own content. We wanted to setup a thread that allows people in our community to tell us a little about each of you.

A few guidelines: Please do not provide a paypal or donation link directly in your post. If you want to provide an email or an external address where people can learn more about you - have at it!

Thanks,

Arlie
Unread 05-19-2020, 12:32 PM
Phenom

Hi, guys. I like to think most of you probably know me by now but if you don't, I'm Mammoth; creator of the real world modifications for Total Extreme Wrestling known as "Territory Daze" and "Shifting Sands". I've also done a whole host of other things for the series but I don't think there's any doubt that they're what made me TEW-famous. My modifications are and ALWAYS WILL BE freeware and I do them because I enjoy doing them whilst simultaneously helping this fine community, but if you would like to "buy me a cup of tea" as it were, then head over to my Twitter account here to found out how.
Unread 05-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Low Minors

I have been apart of the GDS community since the launch of 2016, although I have played every iteration of TEW and EWR. I decided to take my hand at modding this game. I am doing so with January Ruthless Aggression 2004. If anyone feels like they wanna give me a cup of coffee feel free and here's my email to do so.

matthew.villa.2012@gmail.com

Or you can find out another way here http://https://mobile.twitter.com/MatthewCVilla

Last edited by MrVillain : 05-19-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 05-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Forum Moderator

I'm Historian/David. I'm a forum moderator for the TEW forums, a long time player of Adam Ryland and GDS games (I've played every Adam Ryland game released since EWDeluxe, I believe) and have played most of the GDS games (Fast Break College Basketball being a personal favorite).

I am also a diary/dynasty writer for TEW and have achieved some success there (I'm not going to link to them though!). I'm a teacher and a writer in my "real life"

I try to be pretty active here and if you have questions or anything you can always shoot me a PM. I try to be pretty responsive.
Unread 05-19-2020, 01:02 PM
Super Star

I actually just started a thread in the Dog Pound related to this! Arlie stealing my idea just kidding maybe.

I won't copy and paste and try and write something a bit different.

I've been here since June of 2008, I have been playing Ryland games for 20 years or so, starting with EWD, I was so proud of finishing a full 20 year game of EWD (it forced you to retire then.) I tried to leverage it into an early release of EWR from Adam. I also did create my one and only mod for EWD, creating a WCW lives mod in 2001! Since joining I have slowly become more active and have always tried to be a positive at best, neutral at worst, voice here. I am always open to answering any questions you may have about the game, I am not an expert like some people here, but I have a pretty good grasp on how things run. I am also open to chatting or answering any question you may have outside of the game. I was a licensed minister for several years, and can give non-spiritual or spiritual advice to anyone who is needed someone to talk to.

Also I set up a Discord here for anyone who just needs a place to chat about anything, escape, and have some positive interactions.

Fixed Discord link to one that won't expire.

Last edited by franticloser : 05-21-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Unread 05-19-2020, 01:56 PM
Rookie

Hey everyone, I am JaCeLo3/Jace. I am always a lurker on every game however majority of my time goes into Bowl Bound College Football and doing mods for that, and then I still LOVE the classic Extreme Warfare Revenge (EWR).

This year is the first year with TEW2020 coming out that I'll be making the jump into the TEW world. Just a tad bit more in depth than EWR...heh.

As a designer and developer in real life, I love doing graphic design/UI stuff, so eventually I will assist into the TEW realm as well, but love doing sports related things most of all.

Keep up the great work GDS!

Last edited by JaCeLo3 : 05-19-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Unread 05-19-2020, 02:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Yo, FIN here. :P

I've been around here since 2005.. Now that is a long time. It feels weird even typing that. I'll probably reach 5,000 posts this year! I've been playing Adam's games from the very early versions of EWR/EWD all the way to TEW and WreSpi series.

Here at the forums I'm known for my alts for TEW and it's Cornellverse, alts which I've made hundreds of hundreds over the years as well as the .gif pack which I've made for TEW2016 and TEW2020. I've also been quite active on the TEW dynasty forums over the years, mainly booking Japanese promotions such as WEXXV and GCG. The diaries have sadly been quite brief yet well received.

I'm also an avid board gamer and I own a collection of almost a hundred board games.
Unread 05-19-2020, 10:14 PM
Minor League

Helloooooo everyone!

My name is Dalton if that wasn't obvious I am a huge fan of the TEW series and Ryland games as a whole. I went from EWR to TEW2005 to TEW2010 and every game since then. I also plan on trying out some of the other GDS titles soon (mainly Mafia Capo: Payback), just need to find some time. I've been a member here since 2011 but mostly lurked for the good part of the decade with very scant posts. It was only in October/November of 2019 that I really became an active member. I love talking about wrestling, and I am a big fan of AEW and NJPW mainly but I keep my eyes on a huge variety of companies. In addition to wrestling, I absolutely love baseball and (American) football! I was a college baseball player and that was the best time of my life.

I also enjoy talking to the community here and have had awesome PM conversations with a few people here that I believe have turned into real friendships. I tend to be positive and supportive on here at all times.

As for my real life (which I come here to avoid ), I work as a restaurant manager and will also be starting graduate school in the fall in order to receive an MBA in Technology Management with a concentration in Accounting & Finance. Outside of that, there's nothing much to talk about!

Being a recent college grad, I think I'm a bit on the younger side of the members here My PMs are always open for anyone looking to talk about literally anything! The community here is wonderful and I welcome any new members with open arms!
Unread 05-20-2020, 12:31 AM
Super Star

Hi my name is forlan and i have been around since tew began and before that..i used to do the t-zone real world mods back in the day and released a popular 1993 mod back on tew2010

I am currently working on a 1997 mod which is originally based around the tew2016 1996 mod by burninghamster.

I am contactable by pm if anyone wants to speak about anything, ask advice or even just shoot the breeze.

I would prefer to always buy my own coffee or beer as any mod I make is primarily for my own enjoyment and I give it out to the community out of the goodness of my heart

Cheers
Unread 05-20-2020, 01:42 AM
Major League

I’m the artist formerly known as TheLeviticalLawKid3. You may remember me from such films as “that one KANZEN dynasty I managed to write for multiple pages way back when” and “the incredibly long posts about my UPJ game in the ThunderVerse thread.”

I came on here when I bought 2010, had some fun through my college years with that particular game, then got back into TEW somewhat recently thanks to copious amounts of New Japan and AEW viewing. Not sure if I’ll pick up dynasty writing again, but we’ll see. Just waiting on the new ThunderVerse.
Unread 05-21-2020, 02:31 AM

Hi everyone, I'm AyaneShadow. I've been viewing the message boards for the longest time till it's required now to register.

I'm a fan of Grey Dog Software in general, I'm really into WMMA 5 and only recently been tempted back to wrestling. I can't really remember the last TEW I played I think it was in 2005, so I'm interested in checking out what's changed in 2020.

I've even played Comic Book Hero (briefly though).

I will do my best to be as active as possible on the forums.
Unread 05-21-2020, 03:46 PM
All Star

I am a Portuguese dude.

Believe that.
Unread 05-22-2020, 01:41 AM

Hey, all. I'm MaximumZero, and I use that name pretty much wherever I go. I'm frequently on Reddit and a little less frequently on Bay12, the home of Dwarf Fortress. I'm a retired amateur/low-level indy kickboxer and cage fighter. I was active on the North East/New England (from Philly to Bangor, ME to DC,) touring scene from 2002-2008, and officially retired in 2010 due to injuries because I never turned down a fight and that eventually ground me (and my spine, knees, and hips,) into dust. I'll happily share my touring stories if you want, but I'll warn you that some of them are real doozies. For those keeping score, my in-cage record is 78-12-0-1, and I scored 66 KOs and 8 submissions. I never kept track of the various tournaments and other events I took place in, but my estimate for the total number of martial arts bouts I've been in is between 300-350, but that started way back in 1998 and continued until I could barely walk in 2010. Due to a combination of the damage I accumulated over this period, some unfortunate genetic issues, and a pretty nasty car crash, I've been disabled since Dec of 2018.

I'm a big fan of TEW and WMMA, and I've been a lurker here for a couple years now. Just bought 2020, and thought I may as well introduce myself, since I had to register anyway.

Edit: Since I did some digging and found the ulterior motive for this thread, I'll add this: Sometimes my friends and I stream on twitch.tv, and you can follow me (and maybe even buy me a coffee,) at my channel, my team's combined channel, and the channel of our main streamer, Re. If there's interest, I'd be happy to stream a game of TEW, and I'm a huge fan of community games, and I'd happily put you into whatever role you wanted in the CVerse.

Last edited by MaximumZero : 05-22-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Unread 05-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Super Star

Hey everyone my real name is Dylan. I love making graphics and playing WMMA5/TEW20 as it relates to the boards. I also play some steam games, most notably Mount and Bland 2 Bannerlord, and the Total war Series. As well as Magic the Gathering. I have a discord Munit#9379 and always like to chat there if you ever need someone to talk to about anything

Last edited by Munit : 05-22-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Unread 05-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Super Star

Location: patreon.com/markisprettyok | http://ko-fi.com/markisprettyok

Hey everyone!

I've been around GDS since 2007, though I'm not likely one of the most visible people on the board.

I've been modding or rendering for GDS games since I joined, with my Effganic mod concept dating back to TEW2008. I continue to do the modding and rendering thing and have recently released Effganic: Genesis for TEW2020. Honestly, I never thought my little mod was very popular, but apparently it found it's audience with the Discord crowd.

I've recently revealed that I'll be doing some expansion mods to Effganic: Genesis, and I am very excited about.

You can also see some of my renders in the various render threads for TEW, WMMA, and CBH.

If you are interested in giving my mod a try, you can access the official post here or head over to my dedicated site for it. Please note that there are support links on the page, but all of my stuff has been, and will continue to be, free to use for everyone.