Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Major League

I’m excited to see some some updates and details about any wrestler ratings. Particularly the gimmick types and face/heel disposition ratings. In the past they never or rarely improved. It would be a nice change to see those ratings progress. The more you use a guy as a heel, the better he can improve at it and vice versa. The more you use a cocky type gimmick (or any gimmick) on a guy, there is should be a chance for him to improve it. Of course destiny rolls and caps should come in place where no matter how much you use a specific worker as a face (heel or gimmick type), he will never get better at it. I think this would be a nice addition to the game.
Unread 06-12-2019, 03:49 PM
All Star

5 Brand limit is a minus on today's entry. I was kind of hoping for more, even unlimited, although that might be harder to do. Still 5 does not seem that much. As for the rest, great additions an,d btw, I do hope some of today's features do make drafting much easier, as it seems to be the case.
Unread 06-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
5 Brand limit is a minus on today's entry. I was kind of hoping for more, even unlimited, although that might be harder to do. Still 5 does not seem that much. As for the rest, great additions an,d btw, I do hope some of today's features do make drafting much easier, as it seems to be the case.
But.... why? What purpose would there by to having 15 or 31 or 1,275 brands?
Unread 06-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
I don't know of any promotion which has used more than 3 brands. Honestly, I doubt many people playing will use all 5 brands.
Unread 06-12-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven James View Post
I don't know of any promotion which has used more than 3 brands. Honestly, I doubt many people playing will use all 5 brands.
Some people might want to do that for a territory system, since the Alliance system doesn't give you as much control over everything
Unread 06-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Phenom

I think 5 is enough if we use WWE as a base model.

Raw, Smackdown, NXT, NXT UK, and 205 Live could all be used as main roster brands rather than as 2 Child Companies.

Or, you could use NXT and NXT UK as Child Companies like we already do, and be able to have the AI book a show like 205 Live more like it is in reality.
Unread 06-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsmoker View Post
Some people might want to do that for a territory system, since the Alliance system doesn't give you as much control over everything
Adam hasn't said anything in the dev journal about alliances yet. However, given the large amount of people who've asked that alliances be revamped and improved to function better and more realistically, and Adam's record of listening to the people, I think he'll eventually put something in the journal explaining the way alliances will work. So we'll probably have a better alliance system in TEW 2020.

Though if it ends up being exactly the same as in TEW 2016, then I'll be disappointed. One of the saves I want to do in TEW 2020 is play as Sam Keith and be the President of the COTT, and treat them like the NWA. Sam Keith as COTT President just screams Sam Muchnick to me. Maybe if alliances are updated I'd actually play as RW save as a promotion in the NWA and control the alliance as Muchnick (with a Board of Directors, of course).
Unread 06-12-2019, 11:39 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoolez View Post
I think 5 is enough if we use WWE as a base model.

Raw, Smackdown, NXT, NXT UK, and 205 Live could all be used as main roster brands rather than as 2 Child Companies.

Or, you could use NXT and NXT UK as Child Companies like we already do, and be able to have the AI book a show like 205 Live more like it is in reality.
In every fed save I've ever done, NXT, NXT UK, and 205 Live are all child companies which, with clever use of child companies(which you can book yourself in 2020 now) you can have as many brands as you would ever need IMO.
Unread 06-13-2019, 05:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Really love the additions today, especially new owners/bookers fixing up the roster to their liking upon gaining power. It was always hard to see a new booker truly out their stamp on a promotion if they had a giant roster with no room for turnover.
Unread 06-13-2019, 06:46 AM

Wait does the fact that from now on the changes will be smaller mean the unrealistic, unfun, downright bad touring schedule won’t be fixed in this game? Even removing the “mandatory 2 months off” mechanic would make the style 10 times better. As it stands the touring schedule is legitimately terrible in every way.
Unread 06-13-2019, 06:57 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSulivin View Post
Wait does the fact that from now on the changes will be smaller mean the unrealistic, unfun, downright bad touring schedule won’t be fixed in this game? Even removing the “mandatory 2 months off” mechanic would make the style 10 times better. As it stands the touring schedule is legitimately terrible in every way.
Not sure you needed to take such a trollish approach in your post, but A touring changes were already announced in entry #12, and B the latest entry was very clear that I'd announced all the major changes that had been completed so far.
Unread 06-13-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Not sure you needed to take such a trollish approach in your post, but A touring changes were already announced in entry #12, and B the latest entry was very clear that I'd announced all the major changes that had been completed so far.
I somehow missed that part in Diary 12. And on B,!I didn’t get that impression, I got the impression that all the big stuff were done, which TBH looking at what we have there’s definitely more then enough, and that the rest will be more medium and small stuff. Sorry about the rude tone, I’ve been waiting for tours to be fixed for so long.
Unread 06-13-2019, 07:26 AM

I'm so happy with all of the changes. I'm looking forward to phase II. The small quality of life changes might be the ones I'm looking forward to most.
Unread 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM
All Star

"Fairly unexciting things"... AKA, I'll still be excited. Really love hearing the progress you've made and appreciate you outlining where things are heading. No other game developer keeps players in the loop like this. That is one thing I've always loved about this game series while in development.
Unread 06-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I’m excited to see some some updates and details about any wrestler ratings. Particularly the gimmick types and face/heel disposition ratings. In the past they never or rarely improved. It would be a nice change to see those ratings progress. The more you use a guy as a heel, the better he can improve at it and vice versa. The more you use a cocky type gimmick (or any gimmick) on a guy, there is should be a chance for him to improve it. Of course destiny rolls and caps should come in place where no matter how much you use a specific worker as a face (heel or gimmick type), he will never get better at it. I think this would be a nice addition to the game.
Face and heel ratings already improve in the way you described it.

Quote:
The Brands screen is now colour coded to make tracking easier. So when viewing the roster, those on brand 1 are in one colour, brand 2's workers are in another, etc.
Will the names on the match booking screen also be shown in these colours? And would it be possible to have different colours for stables, divisions and maybe even tag teams as well?