Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
If they're trying to convince people that TNA is great, then shouldn't they be Team Keep TNA Great? Otherwise, it's telling people that TNA used to be great, but it's not anymore and they're trying to fix that. Just seems like a team name that's burying the company name
haha yeah that makes more sense but I'm pretty much throwing dumb ideas and seeing what works. I'm making good money and improving in pop so theres a lot of weird people out there in this game hehe.
Unread 09-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofGustav View Post
1994: Hulkamania Extreme Edition...

I've turned ECW into a Hardcore wrestling company, pretending that i, as Hulk Hogan, realized that Paul E. Dangerously is right... i've created my own versions of the Dudley Family (Buh Buh Ray, D-Von, Kurrgan and Elizabeth) and The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Manny Manero (Disco Inferno) & Gerard James (BG James)). I'm looking forward to keep it that way and when it reaches Cult, i'll leave the NWA and form a stable with Hulk Hogan & Shane Douglas.
I've been trying to figure out a way to debut the Dudleys in my '94 WWF game (now 1996) I'm not too aware of how they formed in ECW but I think I'm gonna put the focus on Spike Dudley to begin with, have him as a face jobber who calls out all the monster heels looking for a fight. I'll job him out for a couple of months until he gets beat down and Bubba/D-Von make the save.
Unread 09-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Super Star

1987. Hulkamania is running wild in my WWF game. I'm currently building to Summerslam with Randy Savage Vs Andre the Giant. Roddy Piper Vs our fastest rising star, Ted DiBiase and the main event of Hulk Hogan defending his World title against King of the Ring 1987 winner, Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

I also ditched one of my B shows and picked up an A show. It's a bit unrealistic but I was having morale problems with my upper Midcard to main event guys only wrestling once a month if I could fit them in.
Unread 09-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2436 View Post
I've been trying to figure out a way to debut the Dudleys in my '94 WWF game (now 1996) I'm not too aware of how they formed in ECW but I think I'm gonna put the focus on Spike Dudley to begin with, have him as a face jobber who calls out all the monster heels looking for a fight. I'll job him out for a couple of months until he gets beat down and Bubba/D-Von make the save.
That's great, usually the Dudleys don't get in my plans when i play in WWF.

Now, i got Hulk Hogan in a feud against Shane Douglas, who's with Mr. Hughes, Tammy Lynn Sytch and Tony Halme (Ludvig Borga), but he's tagging along with Tommy Dreamer. It looks that i'll have to pull from the NWA sooner than i tought. The idea is they would end up clashing in a match that would decide the destiny of the ECW within the NWA. Also, i got Taz & RVD in a feud vs Tsunami (Earthquake) and Jimmy Snuka. Sweeny Todd (Brutus Beefcake) is in rehab. When i reach Cult i'm considering bringing Barry Windham as an alternative since Raven is still in WWF. He would lead up a group similar to Raven's Nest called The Longhorn Militia.

Last edited by LordofGustav : 09-14-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Unread 09-14-2016, 10:29 AM

Jumped back into my SWF save in the default data. Finished up the booking for the first ever SWF Network Presents the Rip Chord Invitational.

Final 4 was a collection of some of the best MAW talents of all time:
Steven Parker
Jimmy "Mainstream" Hernandez
Greg Gauge
Hollywood Bret Starr

Steven Parker took home the tournament win and now has earned a title shot of his choice. The final show also saw the first appearance of Jay Chord, who came out to present the trophy and then joined Matthew Keith in beating up the runner up, Greg Gauge, continuing their storyline.

In the Quarterfinal round we saw the best match in the tournament, a 95 match between Steven Parker and Mikey Lau. Given that Mikey Lau is the ELITE brand champion and has been North American Champion for almost a year at this point, I decide to go ahead with a fued between the two. The build up to their match was electric. Each week Parker would come to the ring with an increasingly bigger trophy for winning the RCI. The two were absolute gold on the mic with each other and I was getting myself hyped for their match, hoping it would be my first 100 in this save.

After Joey Morgan vs Aaron Andrews and Angry Gilmore vs Joshua Taylor both delivered 93 rated matches, I was all set for our Main Event. I got a disappointing 88 and Lau gave Parker a back injury which will knock him out of action for two months. On the following episode of ELITE, Lau issued a formal apology and will be taking time off to clear his head.

Originally not the plans I had for this story, but it might work out better. Gives me the chance to give Mikey a nice break and have him come back as a heel down the road. I can also play the sympathy card for Parker and give him his first chance as the top babyface. First he will have a fued with the Interim North American Champion Angry Gilmore.
Unread 09-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Low Minors

Default Bound For Glory

Last TNA safe file PPV before I gave up on it.

Bound for Glory 2019

1. Adam Cole def. Roderick Strong, Pentagon Jr and Fenix to retain the X-Division title.

2. Nattie Neidhart def. Gail Kim in a career vs. career match

3. Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks def. James Storm & The Wolves

4. Kendra Banks (Sasha Banks) def. Madison Rayne to win TNA Women's title

5. Cody Rhodes & Mike Bennett def. The Briscoes to win TNA tag team titles

6. Dave Batista def. Matt Morgan in a six sides of steel.

7. Ethan Carter III defeated Drew Galloway

8. Randy Orton def. Kurt Angle and John Ambrose (Dean Ambrose) to become #1 Contender to the World title.

9. Matt Hardy def. Jeff Hardy, Jay Lethal, Mil Muertes, Eli Drake and Hiroshi Tanahashi (talent trade) to retain the King of the Mountain title.

10. Bobby Lashley def Dwayne Johnson in a 2 of 3 falls to win the TNA world title.
Unread 09-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Low Minors

Default Bound For Glory continued

Forgot to add my new heel stable of CM Punk (return from Hiatus) Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, and AJ Brooks (AJ Lee) debuted by attacking Jim Cornette and Steve Austin in the parking lot.
Unread 09-15-2016, 12:01 PM
All Star

Default Wcw 1994

Started my first ever real life save in TEW (i have always chosen C-Verse before). Starting with a WCW roster that is loaded with potential; have a great working agreement with NJPW; and gets to push Frank Anderson.

I spam the upcoming Hogan vs Flair match, while WWF sign The Warrior and relegate Bret Hart from being the figurehead. WWF still leads the ratings war, despite pulling off awful shows. WCW starts ok with some ratings in the B range, trying to build overness for Steamboat, Austin, Guardian Angel and Arn.

I try to only hire workers that was hired in 1994 or that have worked for WCW earlier during their career, but i don't intend to hire guys like Hacksaw, Beefcake or Earthquake.

I've reactivated the WCW Light Heavyweight title and started a tournament to crown the champion. In this tournament are workers like Brad Armstrong, Jushin Thunder Liger, El Samurai, Brady Boone, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko. I will try to avoid the future cruiserweight stars (like Ultimo Dragon, Juventud and Jericho) for some while unless some other promotion tries to hire them to written deals.

My only steal so far is Bam Bam Bigelow. He was on a PPV deal with WWF, so i stole him so that i can push him as a dominant monster heel. He has yet to debut, but will either be an ally of Vader or a muscle for hire for DDP.

One other change i did, was that Sting and Flair didn't have the unification match. So Flair feuds with Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight championship, while Sting is still WCW International World Heavyweight champion and are challenged by International stars like Ron Simmons, The Great Muta and Masahiro Chono.
Unread 09-15-2016, 12:14 PM
All Star

Default Wcw 1994

This is so awesome, Jim Powers wins the title.

Kind of makes me want to rehire Jim Steele and push him into a WCW TV Title champion. He is currently in AJPW and will hopefully develope nicely.
Unread 09-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Low Minors

Started a 1987 game after reading through Final Countdown's dynasty and since I'm not familiar with the era at all, I'm using it as kind of reference for ideas. Currently in June and preparing for King of the Ring.

Ted DiBiase and Rick Rude have become absolute studs for me. Ted has shot up to main event status just after two months and Rude (with the help of Heenan) went from opener to upper midcarder in a month. However, his constant drug use makes me ultra weary of putting any title on him. I planned on having him relieve Steamboat of the IC belt, but I'm thinking I need to suspend him or rehab him first. I just hope he can make it to the next PPV sober, wrestle high, and then allow me to suspend him.

Hogan is pure money. Every PPV has gotten an A because of him (And sometimes Savage). Anyone he works with gets insanely over even though they always lose the feud. I've got a list of guys I'd like to see become champion and are all potential Hogan-dethroners. Jake Roberts, Savage, Piper, DiBiase. I'm leaning toward DiBiase and then I can give it to Roberts at Mania or something.

IC wise, Steamboat and Savage gave me two great matches. Now Steamboat is going through a variety of opponents and while I want to give Rude the belt next, I'm not likely to. If I can take the tag belts off him and get him up to upper midcarder after SummerSlam, Bret Hart could be the one. I like the idea of giving Harley Race a quick run, but I don't know. Getting Koko B. Ware seems like a fun possibility too.

Speaking of the tag scene, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with it just yet. The plan is for the Hart Foundation to lose the belts at SummerSlam, but I haven't finalized an opponent yet. The Bulldogs and the Rock 'n' Roll Express are my options and I might give it to the Bulldogs just because they're a bit more over.

I'm doing my best to make the women's division a thing. The current main roster division is weak, but I've got some talent in developmental nearly ready to call up. I haven't used my working relationship with AJW much, but I'm eventually going to once I call up some talent.

I've got the usual suspects in my developmental too. Sting, The Rockers, Taker, and Foley. I had just called up Pillman. I can't think of anyone else I really need to bring in just yet. I've got guys like Vader, Mr. Perfect, Owen, and others on my shortlist. Just waiting for the right time for them. Though I need lower card heel depth badly.
Unread 09-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Super Star

CZCW 2018, Cult.

I have recently decided to get CZCW back in its original direction, to build up pop in my guys i signed TCW guys who only got renewed to PPA, which meant i had a few heavier weight guys.

The guy are mostly meant for a year or two stay to get my CZCW boys over.

To counter this and as some of my boys are now over I signed an influx or lighter weights like Amazing Fire Fly, El Hijo De Zoink,Motoyuki Miyake, American Elemental II to be next set of guys the old TCW guys help to get over.

Managed to sign Swoop McCarthy as well getting a rocket strapped to him.

I have my own network, i got bored of the save and the grind so 4 months game time ago i had my user(owner of CZCW) set up a TV network as one of his outside venture and gave CZCW a slot. it shows the 2 shows a month I do on commercial TV.

It has given the game new life for me as I wanted to make it before the CZCW original retire. Otherwise it would have been like 2030 before id have made it naturally.

The aim is to buy out TCW eventually as they are slowly dieing and replace them as the number 4 company in the US after USPW, SWF and SOTBW and build up from there

PHWG are in debt so I hope i can buy them out and make them a new brand that only tours Japan.

My pride and joy is Cali Love Machine, he is the Jerry Lawler of the South West with 90 pop there after winning the COTT title and being victorious in his feud against my user.

MAW was about to go out of buisness so I bought them and used them as my developmental.

I lost Tigre Salvaje to Japan I was going to push him to the moon soon, hopefully sign him back by end of the year, unfortunately that had left his partner El Jaguar with nothing to do now, so Ive sent him down to MAW untill something opens up. The ust couldn't rise above midcard so maybe this is hat I needed to finally let go of pushing them :P

Fox Mask and Remmy Sky finally lost the Tag titles ending their 2 year reign with 38 title defences helping to build up the division because of this they will be getting pushed to a CZCW World title feud soon. Fox will have a short few month reign that will be his last, and Remmy will take it off him and have a good reign as reward for his help in building the tag scene, for his individual performances that hardly dropped below 80 in 2 years and also for staying clean for 2 years now.

Brought in the New Wave and the Biggs Brothers to help further develop the tag division and help put over new champions American Cobra and the others. Ive had scout for 9 months going Solo and doing amazing and not currently on time decline. He'll be picking up a tag title or to and a Word title at some point.

Last edited by Winter8905 : 09-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Unread 09-16-2016, 01:56 AM
Rookie

TNA - January 2019
National Size

Most popular stars:
KENTA (pop: 94)
Dean Ambrose (pop: 91)
Kota Ibushi (pop: 87)
Tyler Breeze (pop: 86)
Io Shirai (pop: 84)

Just finished up a very successful 2018, currently still ranked 2 behind WWE.
Early on into the game WWE got hit with a scandal being involved with the Mafia and they dropped to cult size, they're still ranked 1 because they have a higher importance level in Europe, Australia, and the British Isles.

I just spent $70 million creating my own broadcasting network to help build popularity in those areas because I really need it to go International.

Current Champs:
KENTA - TNA World Heavyweight Champion
Io Shirai - TNA World Women's Champion
Chad Gable - TNA Intercontinental Champion
Drew Gulak - TNA Junior Heavyweight Champion
Kana - TNA Women's Calibur Champion (floating level women's title)
Mount Rushmore (Adam Cole & Kevin Steen) - TNA World Tag Team Champions

Just finished off a 32-man tournament called the Ground Zeroes Tournament held in December, taking up two different nights. The second night's card was:
Show Rating: 100
Quarter Finals: Kota Ibushi def AJ Styles
Quarter Finals: Tyler Breeze def Chad Gable
Quarter Finals: Shinsuke Nakamura def Brodie Lee (Luke Harper)
Quarter Finals: Dean Ambrose def Sami Zayn
Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo & Kana def Charlotte, Cheerleader Melissa, & Mayu Iwatani
Drew Gulak def Matt Sydal to retain the TNA Jr Heavyweight Championship
Semi-Finals: Dean Ambrose def Tyler Breeze
Semi-Finals: Kota Ibushi def Shinsuke Nakamura
KENTA def Seth Rollins to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Finals: Dean Ambrose def Kota Ibushi for the Ground Zeroes Tournament trophy

Gonna keep going till I hit Global size to get that achievement.
Unread 09-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Major League

Ho ho Lun is now a four-time Tag Team champion in my company,without ever losing the title.What happened?Well..

My now-retired UC(i didn't even knew the game would force me into retirement ) Terry Funk gave his half of the gold to Cody Rhodes in order to challenge Johnny Gargano(wich is champ again right now) to win the Undisputed Hardcore World Championship.

Rhodes signed a written deal with NJPW,so,being a Liger fan I gave one half of the belt to him.

A couple weeks later,Liger retired.Guess It's my fault for doing multi-advance and not realizing he announced his retirement three months before.He's now my second HOF inductee,the first being,well,Terry Funk.

I now gave one half of the belt to Manami Toyota,the current 2-time NWA World Women's champion.Why?Well,I think she'll retire soon.I'm really planning on bringing old guys or ones wich will clearly either be snaped up by the big leagues or injure themselves until Ho Ho Lun has 10 title reigns without losing it once.

EDIT:Well,Toyota Retired.She had also won the NWA World Six Man Tag Titles(wich by the way is held by three person) with RVD and MVP.I didn't want her to retire right now,I mean,how about that HOI induction?At least she got inducted to my HOF.
I gave her third of the Six Man Tag to...Ho Ho Lun,and her half of my Tag Titles to Kurt Angle.Both are injured BUT both will be back in 8 days.Surprisngly,the title has B prestige despite none of the champions being able to defend it more than twice.Also,I wonder if the game's IWC thinks Funk is retiring all of this guys on purprose just to push Ho Ho to the moon.

Last edited by Liger!Liger! : 09-16-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 09-16-2016, 09:07 PM

1993 - Double A just turned on Flair for costing him a shot at his second World title reign against Ricky Steamboat. Anderson is tired of Flair getting all the attention.
Unread 09-17-2016, 03:34 AM
Rookie

Started the Rise of Bray.

Had Sister Abigail (Daffney) debut in Bray vs Orton causing Bray to win. He's reunited the Wyatt Family, debuted a new finisher and I'm going to build him up with a feud vs The Devil's Chosen (Sting, 'Taker and Kane) before eventually winning the belt. I want to establish him as the #1 heel on Smackdown.