Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-25-2016, 04:55 PM
Low Minors

Booked my first show with SWF and got a B+, loving the new mechanics. Main event was Rouge vs Gilmore number one contenders match which Gilmore won. Got a B out of them even with bad chemistry. Had them tell a story in a 24 minute match. Semi main was James and Huntington going over Morgan and Valiant again scoring a B. Had the Crippler open the show with an A rated promo on how he broke Bruce's neck. I'm absolutely loving the game so far. Be really interesting to see what happens to TCW after there roster took a fairly big nurf since 13.
Unread 04-25-2016, 04:55 PM
Low Minors

Having simulated the two months of the demo already, here are the major news stories:

USPW fell to Cult size at the start of February
EMLL rose to Regional at the start of February

Bryan Vessey sustained a torn rotator cuff in Week 3 of January and will be out for a year

Mario Heroic returned to wrestling

Top matches of Cult + companies:
21CW:
Tommy Cornell went to a time limit draw with Dark Angel (95)
DJ Reason beat Tommy Cornell by count out (85)
Tommy Cornell defeated Joe Simpson (83)
Edward Cornell defeated Stevie Stoat (83)

BHOTWG:
Koshiro Ino defeated Hiroaki Nakasawa (85)
Eisaku Hoshino defeated Tadiyuki Kikkawa (84)
Eisaku Hoshino defeated Masaaki Okazaki (84)
Sensational Dragon defeated Marihito Masuko (84)
Eisaku Hoshino defeated Matthew Keith (83)
Elemental III defeated Yoshii Shiomi (83)

CGC:
Jack DeColt beat Joey Poison by count out (66)
Jack DeColt defeated Brett Fraser (66)

NOTBPW:
Steve DeColt went to a time limit draw with Duane Stone (99)
Sean McFly beat Steve DeColt by DQ (99)
Tim Westybrook defeated Johnny Bloodstone (99)
Johnny Bloodstone defeated Sean McFly (99)
Steve DeColt beat Duane Stone by DQ (97)
Steve DeColt defeated Duane Stone (96)

PGHW:
Mushashibo, Kunomasu and Yasuda defeated Ugaki, Kwakami and Kawashima (96)
Masaru Ugaki defeated Raymond Diaz (95)
Kozue Kawashima defeated Yoshimi Mushashibo (94)

RAW:
Montgomery Croft defeated Swoop McCarthy (80)
Swoop McCarthy defeated Echo (79)
Rahmel Goode defeated Captain Wrestling II (78)
Swoop McCarthy defeated Thurston Darcy III (78)
Kerry Wayne defeated Maurice Jackson (77)
Kerry Wayne defeated Montgomery Croft (77)
Modern Warriors (Kerry Wayne & Captain Wrestling II) defeated Skyscraper and Maurice Jackson (77)

SOTBPW:
Champagne Lover defeated Soul Taker (99)
Champagne Lover defeated El Demonio (99)
El Demonio defeated Champagne Lover (95)

SWF:
Angry Gilmore against Remo ended in a no contest (96)
Angry Gilmore defeated Remo (88)
Remo defeated Angry Gilmore (87)
Remo and James beat Gilmore and Bruce by DQ (85)
Bruce and Gilmore defeated Remo and Eric Eisen (85)

TCW:
Aaron Andrews defeated Joshua Taylor (94)
Sammy Bach defeated Wolf Hawkins (93)
Golden and Taylor defeated Hawkins and Tornado (92)
Wolf Hawkins defeated Rocky Golden (90)

USPW:
Nicky Champion defeated Rich Money (88)
Steve Frehley defeated James Justice (88)
Steve Frehley defeated Enygma (88)
Enygma against Tyson Baine ended in a no contest (85)
Rich Money defeated Ricky DeColt (85)
Rich Money defeated Rick Law (85)

WLW:
Emerald Angel defeated Speed D (91)
Emerald Angel defeated Snow Storm (88)
Emerald Angel defeated The Great Hisato (83)

Ricky DeColt, Nelson Callum, Donnie J, Davis Wayne Newton, Masked Cougar, Kirk Jameson and Jamie Atherton signed for USPW
Razan Okamato, Sojuro Sen and Tanyu Toshusai signed for GCG, leaving BCG
Remmy Skye signed for GSW
NICKY CHAMPION SIGNED FOR SWF

I hope this helps some people decide who they might play. The situation is not simply 2016 USPW=2013 SWF, 2016 SWF=2013 TCW and 2016 TCW=2013 USPW. I will definitely be playing games as all three major US promotions, as well as a RAW and a SOTBPW game, thanks to these results.
Unread 04-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Minor League

Anybody else tried to create a mdb file. I keep getting unexpected error...
Unread 04-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Phenom

Booked my first show with USPW. I sucked with them in 13 but did fairly better this time.

Main event was Nicky and the Hardcore Patriot vs Frehly and Rich Money with the faces winning by DQ after Frehly snapped and refused to stop attacking Nicky in the corner. Got a B- in spite of Caulfield's poor ring work. Ended with a hot angle in which Frehly speared Nicky Champion through the barricade in one of those OMG moments. It drew a B+

Still, got a penalty for not enough interesting storylines and Nicky Champion got stale.

It didnt help that I opened the show with The Force against T-Rex in a match for storytelling purposes (D).
Unread 04-25-2016, 05:34 PM
Rookie

I converted Fleisch’s December Mod and changed the date to January but after finishing a show it says: Run Time Error 3265
Item not found in Collection

I am thinking of redownloading the demo and see if it fixes itself like that.

So thats happening in my game Best game I have had so far
Unread 04-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Minor League

Just a note: the "sophie" cheat still works.
Unread 04-25-2016, 05:39 PM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose13 View Post
I converted Fleisch’s December Mod and changed the date to January but after finishing a show it says: Run Time Error 3265
Item not found in Collection

I am thinking of redownloading the demo and see if it fixes itself like that.

So thats happening in my game Best game I have had so far
You should report it in the Technical Support forum, otherwise I won't be able to fix it. Redownloading won't help.
Unread 04-25-2016, 09:39 PM
Rookie

T-Bone Bright has announced his intention of becoming a professional MMA fighter
Unread 04-25-2016, 09:46 PM
Phenom

So I booked my second USPW TV show and in-spite of me thinking it was booked poorly when compared to the first I actually got a better grade! Shows that I really have to learn this stuff.

{Pre-Show} Jumbo Jackson defeats Andre Jones (C-)
{Pre-Show} Dusty Ducont defeats Freddie Datsun (C-) {Work the Crowd}

Modern TV Opening: Rick Law, The Force, Chris Caulifield, Rich Money, Trent Shaffer, T-Rex (B)
*Law comes out to complain about Shaffer running away from him and ducking him. Caulifield interrupts and says Law is not the only one with problems as Rich Money has been "buying" opponents for him instead of facing him by himself. Money comes out with Shaffer and they mock the babyfaces for being crybabies. T-Rex attacks from behind and the heels hit the ring for a 3-on-2 until The Force runs out to even the odds and we get a match*

3 vs 3: Money, Shaffer, T-Rex defeat Law, Caulifield, Force (B-) {Story-telling}
*Cheap win as everything breaks down into a big brawl and Money holds the tights on Caulifield to escape with the win. Law chases Shaffer backstage, Money leaves before Caulifield can get his revenge*

Monsters Unleashed (B-)
*Force is left alone in the ring with Rex and tries to get his revenge! He is about to make Rex feel the FOOOORCE but Tyson Baine hits the ring and boots him in the face. Brutal 2-on-1 beatdown ensues and Force is left down and out*

Casey Valentine defeats Julius Moor (C-) to retain the TV Title {Calm Crowd}
*Valentine wins in five minutes*

Valentine then cuts a promo on himself saying he is the best young talent in the business and no one can beat him (C+)

Steve Frehley destroys Running Wolf in 5 minutes (C-)

Nicky Champion saves Wolf from a beatdown. He staggers Frehley multiple times but is unable to bring him down (B)

Rich Money cuts a promo on Caulifield backstage. He says Caulifield is alone because there are no more Patriots. All patriots sold out to people with the big bucks like him and he knows deep down inside Caulifield has a price. (B+)

Backstage Rick Law continues to chase Shaffer since the beginning of the show. He sees a door close and follows thinking its Shaffer, but Shaffer was hiding behind some boxes and attacks him from behind, eventually stealing Law's nightstick and beating him down with it. (B-)

Natural Storm defeat Atlas and Charlie Thatcher in 5 minutes (C) {Calm the Crowd}

Tiffany Jade & Killer Kass defeat Melody & Miss American Pie in 7 minutes (D+)

Kass then destroys Melody (Monster Unleashed) (D)
*Note: designed to make Kass into a contender but it failed because her gimmick sucks at the moment*

James Justice defeats Tribal Warrior in 8 minutes (C) {Work the Crowd}

Justice then cuts a promo saying he has not forgotten about the USPW Title but has decided to give his friend Nicky Champion the space he needs to settle his beef with Frehley. Once the dust settles he will be next in line. (B-)

Backstage Nicky Champion cuts a promo on Steve Frehley. The People's Champion will vanquish the beast and reclaim his title. He will defeat Tyson Baine in the main event and become the rightful #1 contender. (A) *WOW*

Steve Frehley walks...but where is he going? (B-)

Nicky Champion defeats Tyson Baine in 15 minutes to become #1 contender/ (B) {Story-telling}

Frehley's music plays and Champion turns to face him but Frehley comes from the crowd and beats him up from behind. He beats Champion down with such fury even Tyson Baine walks off quietly from the ring. (B+)

Got a B overall, best show I have ever booked with USPW in the history of the TEW series!

So, any tips on those booking notes. What could have been done differently to improve the grade?
Unread 04-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Low Minors

Squeeky McClean is starting a racist gimmick where he and "The (White) Supremist" Eric Eisen will start a very racist stable eventually leading to a feud with Remo for the belt. It will likely be as terrible and offensive as it sounds.
Unread 04-25-2016, 11:13 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
Squeeky McClean is starting a racist gimmick where he and "The (White) Supremist" Eric Eisen will start a very racist stable eventually leading to a feud with Remo for the belt. It will likely be as terrible and offensive as it sounds.
I'm not sure if I should laugh at that story or be turned away lol. That's incredibly risque.
Unread 04-25-2016, 11:39 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr10540 View Post
I'm not sure if I should laugh at that story or be turned away lol. That's incredibly risque.
After looking at the roster, I might not have them go for Remo and the belt and instead try to build heat until Des Davids gets back from injury to give him a relatively huge feud.

When I went to find a new gimmick for McClean I clicked on the racist gimmick and came up with the idea. The game said that the fans would love the amount of risk that gimmick has. I don't think it could get over in the real world but in the CornellVerse, it just might work!
Unread 04-26-2016, 12:17 AM

I've had some fun playing with TCW 2016 and the CornellVerse today. Have had a strong build for Aaron Andrews vs. Rocky Golden for the TCW World Title at Malice in Wonderland.

Unfortunately, trying to work in some younger talent toward the bottom of the card on my shows has been bringing my overall rating down, in part because I kept on the auto "call it in the ring" setting. That didn't turn out very well, but I didn't mind since that is probably realistic to how it would really go.

Seems that the key will be doing what I can to keep other feuds (like Bryan Vessey vs. Sammy Bach and Marc Speed vs. Benny Benson) strong enough so that the minimum 77 heat threshold in at least two of them is met.

I dig the layout and setup. It's my first time playing this series since buying TEW 2010, and I expect to purchase this new game once it officially goes on sale. Nice job.
Unread 04-26-2016, 12:22 AM
All Star

Just played through the entire two month demo with NOTBPW and I'm really looking forward to continuing this save once the full game is released. I'll be biting my nails for a week though because on the last day of the demo SWF made a contract offer to Steve DeColt and I had to offer him a ridiculous amount of money to try and keep him on board. Here's hoping it worked
Unread 04-26-2016, 12:51 AM
Super Star

So I just lost my TNA game because it wouldn't load so I copied the folder, uninstalled, re-installed, pasted it back, and now it's not showing up. That was an hour's worth of recording down the drain. I am astronomically frustrated right now. I guess this is a sign I should do C-Verse instead. :/