Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #751  
Unread 06-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Comradebot's Avatar
Comradebot Comradebot is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moscow, TX (Fine, I don't, but it's real!)
Posts: 4,224
Default

Employment history in Japan is (almost) ironed out, beyond a few folks that don't work there anymore that I'll get to when I roll around to their area.

Phew, this is hard work.




But so rewarding.
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Unread 06-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Remianen's Avatar
Remianen Remianen is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mount Joy, PA
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Cam 4 TEW 2005 View Post
[EDIT]
just noticed the "surgery" option (not sure if thats new to TEW 16' or not) but Ru-Ru will be back in 6 months now
Not new. The surgery option was added in TEW08.

So in my current local to global game, I have a veteran stable running roughshod over the promotion. That has of course led to the figurehead (phenom user character) creating a stable to counter them. Got the name for Eminence from its definition. That's their gimmick. They're the most accomplished women in wrestling history (or so they say).

Glimpse I got after watching The Glimmer Man, a Steven Seagal movie. With only a few exceptions, they're all young workers whose potential has yet to be reached. And since 'tip of the iceberg' is a lame stable name, I went with Glimpse (as in, you've only had a glimpse of what they can really do).

Eminence
Aja Kong
Awesome Kong
Cynthia Moreno
Esther Moreno
Gail Kim
KAORU (coming soon)
La Diabolica (coming soon)
Lisa Marie Varon
Melina Perez
Miss Natural
Mayumi Ozaki (RIOT)
Yuu Yamagata (RIOT)
Yumi Ohka (RIOT)
Tsubasa Kuragaki (RIOT)

*RIOT is a stable recently absorbed into Eminence. Think of them as like a nasty heel Four Horsemen with a hardcore edge.


Glimpse
Migdalia Ramos (user character)
Koguma ("Fires of Heaven")
Riho ("Fires of Heaven")
La Abogada
Manami Toyota
Emi Sakura
Meiko Satomura
Kaori Yoneyama
Carmel Jacob ("The Glamour Gym")
Sara-Marie Taylor ("The Glamour Gym")
Tessa Blanchard ("Legacy")
Rachael Ellering ("Legacy")
Ayako Hamada ("Legacy")
Samantha Starr ("Legacy")
Hikaru Shida
Hamuko Hoshi

There are a few other additions/changes to be made, to both stables (I just talked La Diabolica out of retiring, for example. I'm fairly sure several others will try to retire as well) but the matches and angles have been awesome in improving the skills of the youngsters (which is the whole point).
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Unread 06-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Lex Star's Avatar
Lex Star Lex Star is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 555
Default

I just had Jacob Jett debut from developmental during the few weeks leading up to my PPV. KC Glenn and Mr. Lucha III were having a fairly friendly rivalry based on respect for the United States Championship (below World title in importance, but above TV title), they had a title match, which was Main Eventing an episode of my "A" TV Show.

I had Jacob Jett debut during their match, interfering causing KC Glenn to win by DQ, and thus Lucha III retained the US title.

Dawn, my Authority Figure booked the rematch to happen at the PPV, but Jacob Jett demanded he be included, because he shouldn't have to earn squat. Glenn and Lucha III requested that Jett be included to make it a Triple Threat, that way he can't ruin another competitive match, they can take care of him on their terms.

Before the scheduled Triple Threat, Jett took out Glenn backstage, brutally. This lead to a singles match between Jett and Lucha III because the PPV still needed a US title match, Jett cheated to win the title from Lucha III.

I will probably keep Glenn off TV for a few weeks to sell the attack, while Lucha III and Jett continue the feud. The original planned Triple Threat will happen at the next PPV, with Dawn vowing to strip Jett of the title if he so much as accidentally bumps into Glenn or Lucha III before the bell rings.

I plan on debuting Prometheus to be Jett's bodyguard/muscle during the Triple Threat, so he can retain and go on to have a long cowardly heel run with the title, as my World, TV and Tag Titles are all held by Babyfaces. Does anyone have any good ideas for a name I can give Prometheus? What's a good sounding bodyguard name? lol

This is just my current favourite storyline I got going on right now, as I've always had a soft spot for Jacob Jett. This is the storyline I have the most thought put into.

Right now Antonio Maxi Marquez is just steamrolling through all challengers as World Champion, that way when someone finally wins the title from him, it will be a HUGE deal, especially if done cleanly and he's also my Figurehead and is currently in the process of being established in the first year, so I don't want him losing yet. (he's only been figurehead for 8 months or so). Ross Henry is my current TV Champion, and he's both a Next Big Thing and Hot Prospect, so I have high hopes for his future. The Keith twins are my Tag Champs, doing whatever.
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Unread 06-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Winter8905 Winter8905 is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,103
Default

A Summary of my CZCW save.

Currently into June 2017.

I have my User character as being active.

Frankie Perez was due to be my long term champion. He lost the strap to my user who used underhanded methods. This was due to lead to my user using his stable to keep Perez away until late Perez would eventually get his title back and hold onto it for at least a year.

2 months after losing the title and 2 months before he was going to win it back, he left to join BHOTWG on a written.

After briefly starting a feud with my user and Mashe'd Cougar with the aim being for Cougar to be the guy.. he got signed by USPW.

By that point I decided to keep the title on my user until I had a guy I could count on to take the strap and keep it a while.

My guy kept the title for a year until he lost it at the big event of the year to Ross Henry. Ross was a part of my guys group but he won the Wave of Fury (Royal Rumble) and intended to go for the title. My guy got angry and thew him out of the group. Ross won and is the current holder. He is taking the prestige so I'm planning on someone other than my user to take the strap. Maybe someone like Marc Speed.

Remmy Skype was signed back. After the first 2 months where he had two drug incidents and nearly sacked he got himself together and stayed clean since. Capturing the tag titles with Fox Mask, their current reign stands at over a year and have raised the Prestige up to 100.

I'm pushing Cali Love Machine and the past year has seem him have a good 8 months Extreme title reign and groomed for a top spot. Currently trying feuding with my User.

Fro Sure Broke Super Ninjas Neck. He was out for just over a year and has just recently came back from it. I did release him due to me thinking he could retire in the middle of the injury.

Wild Cats have been pushed hard as the guys to eventually take the titles from Remmy/Fox but they can't get past Mid card for some reason.

Brought in.
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Unread 06-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Untouchable's Avatar
Untouchable Untouchable is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Bully Bekowski (Bear Bekowski working under a different name) is working for me as an upper midcarder and just beat Masked Patriot for the National title in a damn good Dog Collar match and has actually become a damn good worker. His in ring skills hasn't progressed a lot (only up to a C+ in brawling) but all of his performance stats outside of selling are up in the mid to high B's.

Electric Dreamer has also jumped in popularity across the board. She's up to 60 in the mid south and 53 everywhere else, is rocking a legendary gimmick and had my 20th greatest match of all time (an 80 which is not too shabby when my highest is an 88)
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Unread 06-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Comradebot's Avatar
Comradebot Comradebot is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moscow, TX (Fine, I don't, but it's real!)
Posts: 4,224
Default

Mexico DONE. Down to USA and Canada (which barely counts here), which I saved for last as a reward since it's such a character rich environment.

Once that's done, I think a proper hype thread is in order.
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Unread 06-09-2016, 11:41 PM
pennyone's Avatar
pennyone pennyone is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 101
Default

Fresh from my firts year with my created company, using Ross Henry as user character and giving myself 50,000,000 to create my own network the purpose was to see every new feature and on my first year i went from local to cult.

Now i have a huge roster(96 workers 72 male, 24 female) with names like Bryan Vassey, Bryan Holmes, Mighty Moe, Raven Nightfall, J-RO and a pro Natz1 Jack Bruce(a scandal got him fired from SWF and labeled toxic) y bought MAW and give them a TV slot, raid the indies and going to war with QAW,PSW,GSW and planning to bring them down, all in all its a good save and now im going to do a brand split any ideas??
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Unread 06-10-2016, 08:49 AM
FankuKaibutsu FankuKaibutsu is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 201
Default

How Nikita Koloff almost singlehandedly ruined the first ever War Games match.

The year was 1987, using Genadi's Golden Age mod, and I was building to Jim Crockett Promotions' Great American Bash in July. The Four Horsemen, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and Lex Luger, are feuding with The Super Powers(Dusty Rhodes and Nikita Koloff) and The Road Warriors, planned to culminate War Games, The Match Beyond, 8 men, 2 rings, 1 cage!

In early April, during a 4 corners match for the NWA United States Heavyweight title, Road Warrior Hawk suffers a concussion. It's not specified who caused it, but in retrospect I believe it was caused by defending champion Nikita Koloff. I think it was just hard to tell exactly when the injury occurred, so it was impossible to place specific blame. Hawk will be out for a year. A replacement is now needed for War Games. A young Curt Hennig is hired and in the next few weeks he is addedto the feud with the Horsemen.

In late April, Koloff clearly botched a move, injuring Tully Blanchard's arm, keeping him out of action for two months. He'll be back a couple weeks before The Great American Bash, however, he now has a Simmering Tension with Nikita Koloff.

Meanwhile, Rick Rude has been angering nearly everyone he works with by showing up to the ring in No Condition To Perform. The decision is made to fire Rick Rude. Curt Hennig is very angry about the termination of his friends contract. A few weeks later, Hennig asks for his release, which is granted. The decision is made to replace Hennig with Ron Garvin, who had a pretty good match with Flair earlier in the year. Barry Windham was originally considered, but he was currently involved in a feud with Kevin Sullivan, to build him up for a Starrcade feud with Flair later in the year.

In early July, Tully Blanchard returns to action, healed from his injury. Shortly after his return, his relationship with Nikita Koloff escalates into a Strong Dislike.

The week before The Great American Bash, in a 4 corners Tag Team Match for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, featuring Defending Champions The Rock And Roll Express, The Russian Team(Ivan Koloff and Vladimir Petrov), The Super Powers(Dusty and Nikita) and Road Warrior Animal and Curt Hennig, Nikita Koloff once again clearly botched a move causing an ankle injury for Road Warrior Animal. He will be out for 2 weeks. Management collectively shrugs and decides to replace him with Jimmy Garvin.

The War Games match at The Great American Bash gets a C+ rating, the lowest main event rating in recent memory(since the game began in march). Critics point to the poor performance of Jimmy Garvin, and the fact that Blanchard and Nikita Koloffs disdain for working together was clearly visible, as major factors as to why the match was a disappointment.
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Unread 06-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Matt Shannon's Avatar
Matt Shannon Matt Shannon is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Strong Badia, TX
Posts: 3,071
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FankuKaibutsu View Post
How Nikita Koloff almost singlehandedly ruined the first ever War Games match.

The year was 1987, using Genadi's Golden Age mod, and I was building to Jim Crockett Promotions' Great American Bash in July. The Four Horsemen, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and Lex Luger, are feuding with The Super Powers(Dusty Rhodes and Nikita Koloff) and The Road Warriors, planned to culminate War Games, The Match Beyond, 8 men, 2 rings, 1 cage!

In early April, during a 4 corners match for the NWA United States Heavyweight title, Road Warrior Hawk suffers a concussion. It's not specified who caused it, but in retrospect I believe it was caused by defending champion Nikita Koloff. I think it was just hard to tell exactly when the injury occurred, so it was impossible to place specific blame. Hawk will be out for a year. A replacement is now needed for War Games. A young Curt Hennig is hired and in the next few weeks he is addedto the feud with the Horsemen.

In late April, Koloff clearly botched a move, injuring Tully Blanchard's arm, keeping him out of action for two months. He'll be back a couple weeks before The Great American Bash, however, he now has a Simmering Tension with Nikita Koloff.

Meanwhile, Rick Rude has been angering nearly everyone he works with by showing up to the ring in No Condition To Perform. The decision is made to fire Rick Rude. Curt Hennig is very angry about the termination of his friends contract. A few weeks later, Hennig asks for his release, which is granted. The decision is made to replace Hennig with Ron Garvin, who had a pretty good match with Flair earlier in the year. Barry Windham was originally considered, but he was currently involved in a feud with Kevin Sullivan, to build him up for a Starrcade feud with Flair later in the year.

In early July, Tully Blanchard returns to action, healed from his injury. Shortly after his return, his relationship with Nikita Koloff escalates into a Strong Dislike.

The week before The Great American Bash, in a 4 corners Tag Team Match for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, featuring Defending Champions The Rock And Roll Express, The Russian Team(Ivan Koloff and Vladimir Petrov), The Super Powers(Dusty and Nikita) and Road Warrior Animal and Curt Hennig, Nikita Koloff once again clearly botched a move causing an ankle injury for Road Warrior Animal. He will be out for 2 weeks. Management collectively shrugs and decides to replace him with Jimmy Garvin.

The War Games match at The Great American Bash gets a C+ rating, the lowest main event rating in recent memory(since the game began in march). Critics point to the poor performance of Jimmy Garvin, and the fact that Blanchard and Nikita Koloffs disdain for working together was clearly visible, as major factors as to why the match was a disappointment.
Good night nurse! You could call it the Nikita Effect!
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Unread 06-10-2016, 12:33 PM
hellboy2's Avatar
hellboy2 hellboy2 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 243
Default

Playing as FCW,

just ran our August Event 2016 FREEDOM'S Children

Hell's Bouncer was FCW Champ and Fuyuko Higa, was the challenger, the original story is The Family, consisting of HB, Whippy the Clown, Leper Messiah, The Darkness Warrior, Handsome Stranger and Carl Batch, wanted control of FCW, this was to lead in a 5 vs 5 match against Team FREEDOM, Puerto Rican Power, Billy Russell, Bradford Peverell and The Latino Kings, first Whippy goes down with a broken leg, so does Handsome Stranger

so in a transitional feud Fuyuko Higa won a number one contenders, she lost her first match due to interference, so the higher ups decided she deserved a rematch in a Last Man Standing match

she was going to lose and go back to teaming with El Mitico to eventually win the tag belts, instead Bouncer broke his arm and Fuyuko won after after they changed the finish, we now have FCW'S first female champion

all my planning is in the pan, as all of The Family is injured minus Warrior, so now she is going to become a giant killer to prove she is not a paper champion,

Paul Huntington debuted and has part ownership of the company, he wants to turn it into his promotion with the saying why have FREEDOM when you can be Supreme, he is refusing to wrestle, but the plan is he will go against PRP
Reply With Quote
  #761  
Unread 06-10-2016, 02:56 PM
tannerfiasco tannerfiasco is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 87
Default

One year into a modern day ROH save. Done a few interesting angles that have actually turned out well. After a few months I got bored of Jay Lethal's gimmick with the house of truth, so I turned him face after truth martini cost him a championship match against Adam Cole.

After a lengthy fued with the Bullet Club that was brought to an end when Kenny Omega signed a written contract with New Japan, Jay Lethal regained his title and kept the club from running ROH, only to be assaulted post match by the debuting Pentagon Jr who went on to take the championship from Lethal and put him on the shelf for a month at Supercard of Honor.

In the midcard, Will Ospreay won the TV title on his debut match and has been defending it against all comers. While the Young Bucks have been fueding with the Briscoes and Daniels and Kazarian for the the tag team championship and putting on great matches.
Reply With Quote
  #762  
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:57 PM
dalenichol dalenichol is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 79
Default

I'm finally starting to make some progress with this game. Understanding what I should be doing, when and with whom. Although it's seemingly much easier to get things right at small/regional level, I'm out of my depth above that.



I've started with EMLL, running weekly events alongside the existing 3 events that they run, which I'll probably keep and hold as special events during those months.

After two weekly shows, we've risen to regional and we're still progressing fairly well come the beginning of the second month. I decided to create a women's division and thanks to that, Aguila Azul Celeste is continually having the best matches on the card against anybody. I'm hoping the owner will eventually let me change to an integrated roster
Reply With Quote
  #763  
Unread 06-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Macca316's Avatar
Macca316 Macca316 is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 675
Default

Just wondering if its possible to actually make a profit within the first 6 months to a year of a game as NYCW.

After losing Cage to USPW, I brought in Aldous Blackfriar and Frantic Ali, who slot nicely into my upper midcard and Austin Smooth and Richie Riggins.

Did the same in my previous game which I restarted and the first couple of months I lost between a couple of hundred dollars and a few thousand until suddenly I lost about 20 grand, checking and this was largely on workers alone.

After my first show of a new game I'm looking on course to lose a similar amount.

Any tips or should I just be riding this out till fortunes change?

Only other difference is in this save I updated all of my production levels to at least match most of my rivals.
Reply With Quote
  #764  
Unread 06-10-2016, 04:09 PM
mvargus mvargus is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Santee, CA
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalenichol View Post
I'm finally starting to make some progress with this game. Understanding what I should be doing, when and with whom. Although it's seemingly much easier to get things right at small/regional level, I'm out of my depth above that.



I've started with EMLL, running weekly events alongside the existing 3 events that they run, which I'll probably keep and hold as special events during those months.

After two weekly shows, we've risen to regional and we're still progressing fairly well come the beginning of the second month. I decided to create a women's division and thanks to that, Aguila Azul Celeste is continually having the best matches on the card against anybody. I'm hoping the owner will eventually let me change to an integrated roster
It takes a while before you start to understand how to book people and I agree the larger promotions get a lot more complex in a hurry. However, if you can book a small fed, you can book a national size fed with the same product. (The product does make a difference. Some people excel with a performance is rated higher than popularity product, but struggle with the popularity driven promotions. Which is part of what makes SWF, TCW and USPW all a bit tricky as all are rated on the popularity of their workers more than on the quality of the performance.)
Reply With Quote
  #765  
Unread 06-10-2016, 04:18 PM
dalenichol dalenichol is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvargus View Post
It takes a while before you start to understand how to book people and I agree the larger promotions get a lot more complex in a hurry. However, if you can book a small fed, you can book a national size fed with the same product. (The product does make a difference. Some people excel with a performance is rated higher than popularity product, but struggle with the popularity driven promotions. Which is part of what makes SWF, TCW and USPW all a bit tricky as all are rated on the popularity of their workers more than on the quality of the performance.)
I've tried numerous promotions such as PGHW, WLW, EWA-S and AAA, as well as real world WWE and DG, but I was always falling just short and I couldn't figure it out. I even booked real life DG cards in game and it just went to pot!

I'm not sure what the difference has been here, but it's working and that's the main thing!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.