Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:22 PM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default Diary PDFs

please post requests with links, requests with out links will be ignored.


Links to Diary PDF's:

Angeldelayette's USPW a slow ride to the top

BHK1978's RIPW: The Ballad of Henry Lee

Big Papa 42's SWF - Generation Supreme

d_w_w's MDC2: The Battle Rages On

James Casey's MAW 10 simple rules - File also create by James Casey

James Casey's SWF: Who is Richard Eisen?

J Silver's USPW - 65 and older get in for free

Mcshamrock's Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling

Monkeypox's Mark Cuban Does DaVE!

Nevermore's ECW: Worldwide

No Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume 1

No Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume 2

No Neck's Secrets of the Ring Volume 3

Phantom Stranger's TCW A Quiet Retirement

Scapino's SWF - This Means War.pdf

Self's Frontier Combat Kingdom




Future requests:

Angeldelayette's USPW - What? This Again? - RAW

Angeldelayette's USPW: Long Hard Road From Cult - RAW

Scapino's MWA

Shipshirt's MAW diary from 2007

Eisen-Verse's PSW: The Evolution of Greed

Eisen-verse's WAR On The Vegas Strip...

Nobby's TNA game: - RAW

Zeel1's TCW Diary? - RAW

James Casey's SWF: Supreme

Battle lines have been drawn.What if the NWA struck first....

World Wrestling Federation: From Montreal To Attitude

WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)

Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002) - RAW



As Always a thank you after downloading is appreciated!

Hall of Records - a link to a lot of celebrated content.

Last edited by mistaken : 11-29-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
MHero's Avatar
MHero MHero is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Posts: 7,411
Default

Glad to see these were saved, I love reading through old dynasties from time to time to see how to improve and just take in great pieces of work. Thanks for re-uploading them mistaken!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:27 PM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

requests?!?

I think I am up for trying one or two more of these. most votes gets done.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM
James Casey's Avatar
James Casey James Casey is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, or thereabouts
Posts: 5,968
Default

I've just realised that someone did Scap's (first) SWF diary as a PDF a while back. I'll upload it when I get a chance. The document author's listed as eramsdel, but I don't recognise the name from the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Belton's Avatar
Belton Belton is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523052
Posts: 365
Default

Thanks for doing this! These are great to read on my iPad when I'm off the grid.

I'd actually love a guide for how to do this, just so that I can back up my own!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:06 AM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belton View Post
Thanks for doing this! These are great to read on my iPad when I'm off the grid.

I'd actually love a guide for how to do this, just so that I can back up my own!
how to pdf a diary
1) go through the diary and pull every single post by the author (I do this with a program I wrote to parse the pages, oddly enough it's written as a macro in an excel workbook)
2) use a pdf printer to print the singly saved out pages (I use bullzip with the setting set to custom, to auto name and put the files in an certain order, based on the post count number)
3) go through every page to determine if it is "part of the diary" or an ooc post that should no longer be part of the diary (things like vote pages, or results or responses to personal statements are better left out, as there is no context for that in a non interactive form. they of course stay in, if they "part of the story' type post
4) use a tool to take all of the pages that have made the cut and bind them together as one pdf (I use PDfill, but I am sure there are other tools that would do the job. often I have to bind smaller sub sets of say 100 post together, and then bind the 3 or 4 large peices together, to prevent an error in the process from killing the job)

I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:14 AM
3rdStringPG's Avatar
3rdStringPG 3rdStringPG is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Posts: 1,881
Default

Great thread! I strongly suggest this thread be stickied. I also find these PDF versions handy, as it allows me to read TEW diaries while on the road and without any access to the Internet...

If I can make a request...how about James Casey's SWF: Who is Richard Eisen?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Belton's Avatar
Belton Belton is offline
Minor League
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523052
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaken View Post
how to pdf a diary
1) go through the diary and pull every single post by the author (I do this with a program I wrote to parse the pages, oddly enough it's written as a macro in an excel workbook)
2) use a pdf printer to print the singly saved out pages (I use bullzip with the setting set to custom, to auto name and put the files in an certain order, based on the post count number)
3) go through every page to determine if it is "part of the diary" or an ooc post that should no longer be part of the diary (things like vote pages, or results or responses to personal statements are better left out, as there is no context for that in a non interactive form. they of course stay in, if they "part of the story' type post
4) use a tool to take all of the pages that have made the cut and bind them together as one pdf (I use PDfill, but I am sure there are other tools that would do the job. often I have to bind smaller sub sets of say 100 post together, and then bind the 3 or 4 large peices together, to prevent an error in the process from killing the job)

I hope this helps.
Hey, thanks! I have no such program nor can I figure out how to automate just pulling a single user's post, but I found even doing it manually it's easier to dump it all as raw text into something like OpenOffice or Word and print to PDF from there - surely that would be simpler?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belton View Post
Hey, thanks! I have no such program nor can I figure out how to automate just pulling a single user's post, but I found even doing it manually it's easier to dump it all as raw text into something like OpenOffice or Word and print to PDF from there - surely that would be simpler?
simpler is a relative statement

No matter how you do it, scanning the some times 1000's of post in a diary takes time.

The export to HTML, makes editing the format easy. Plus I can strip some of the grey dog framing off the page, and do text editing with little fuss.

print to PDF then retains the lay out. cut and pasting to word programs often kills or alters formatting lay out and other HTML features.

Is my way Simpler? Probably not, but you asked for a step by step, so i gave you my steps.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
James Casey's Avatar
James Casey James Casey is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, or thereabouts
Posts: 5,968
Default

For WIRE (and Supreme) pdfing them is easy enough - they're both in Word documents, fully formatted and ready to go. They lack pictures, but until and unless mistaken get's very bored they should do as a stopgap. I'll try and do them soon.

In the meantime, and with all credit to the original compiler, Scapino's SWF diary can be found at http://rapidshare.com/files/507166472/SWF.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
For WIRE (and Supreme) pdfing them is easy enough - they're both in Word documents, fully formatted and ready to go. They lack pictures, but until and unless mistaken get's very bored they should do as a stopgap. I'll try and do them soon.

In the meantime, and with all credit to the original compiler, Scapino's SWF diary can be found at http://rapidshare.com/files/507166472/SWF.pdf
James,

Do you mind if I down that and reup it with the rest? just so they are all in one place. (commense scolding for all eggs in one basket . . . got burned on that with megaupload)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
James Casey's Avatar
James Casey James Casey is offline
Living Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, or thereabouts
Posts: 5,968
Default

Go ahead. My RS account is a freebie, anyway, so I can't vouch for how long the link will last.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

James Casey's SWF: Who is Richard Eisen?

i just pulled and edited the whole thing

tomorrow I will take the last 10 min to pdf print and pdf merge the whole thing.

now off to big bang i go.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:16 AM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

can't get to the rapid share file
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 03-01-2013, 06:19 AM
mistaken's Avatar
mistaken mistaken is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,470
Default

James Casey's SWF: Who is Richard Eisen?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


Array [all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.