Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-28-2019, 07:54 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by what7 View Post
I like that you are bringing it back, and making it optional for those that don't like it, but I fail to see why you wouldn't give a boost for pre-booking big matches or angles
It'd be extremely unfair on people who aren't playing with the feature turned on if you have a bonus.

A scenario where two players book identical shows but one gets a 10% bigger crowd just because he or she is using mandatory pre booking would be silly - especially in a multiplayer game, where it's going to give a significant advantage over time for the player who has the feature turned on.

You'd effectively be handing any competent booker a constant bonus to their attendance just for being organised.
Unread 05-28-2019, 08:03 AM
Phenom

Love the idea of pre-booking. I'll be turning that on.

I've always felt that if the object of the game was to put someone in the shoes of a real wrestling booker, then it needed to focus on the one thing wrestling bookers have always had to focus on: putting backsides in the seats!
Unread 05-28-2019, 08:26 AM
Super Star

Really liking the new update. I loved the past system where you'd have to pre-announce matches to sell tickets and PPV buys, though I understand it can get punishing, so having the option to turn it on or off is the best. Really looking forward to a system that will push me to think more in terms of long term booking and add a few more obstacles for the smaller feds to overcome (such as when a worker gets injured working for another promotion)
Unread 05-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Low Minors

Nice addition with pre booking!
Unread 05-28-2019, 08:46 AM
Low Minors

Default Pre-Booking

I wanna give Adam a round of applause for adding back the pre-booker & making it the way he did. An option is the best balance you can offer. I love how it's not relevant to all shows but just the major & PPV ones. Still can't wait for 2020.
Unread 05-28-2019, 09:30 AM
Minor League

Love the way booking has been changed and how on the fly booking is now a part of the game. Hopefully I can play some two player game one day with someone simulating the Monday Night Wars, or maybe make the Tuesday Night Wars in the CVerse (SWF Supreme TV & TCW Total Wrestling).
Unread 05-28-2019, 09:33 AM

I wanted to ask another question about the pre booking.

The description states that if you’re using this you’ll get penalised if you don’t pre book matches far enough in advance – A week for events and a day for the TV.

What about TV shows the night after a PPV. For example like Monday Night Raw the night after a PPV where you couldn’t realistically pre book any matches the day before because the PPV wouldn’t have happened yet.

Will these be treated differently?
Unread 05-28-2019, 09:58 AM
All Star

Okay. So we finally get to the area where my greatest concern has lain and I see nothing that would seem to help. What I would want to know most is what the pre-booking interface is going to be like this time around. Do we still have to use the laundry list format we've had the last couple games? Or do we have something like a pre-booking calendar? The laundry lists we've had the last couple games have been horribly unwieldy for people who want to keep story structure in game. Try to keep too many months of pre-booking in the list at once for organization purposes and all of a sudden it becomes an energy drain just to look at. Personally I'd say that needs as much attention if not more than the things this journal entry covered.. I've not been able to play the last two games very comfortably because of this issue and I don't know I'd even buy 2020 if it's not fixed. The game has felt horribly skewed toward pant seat flyers ever since the pre-13 chained storylines were removed.
Unread 05-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
It'd be extremely unfair on people who aren't playing with the feature turned on if you have a bonus.

A scenario where two players book identical shows but one gets a 10% bigger crowd just because he or she is using mandatory pre booking would be silly - especially in a multiplayer game, where it's going to give a significant advantage over time for the player who has the feature turned on.

You'd effectively be handing any competent booker a constant bonus to their attendance just for being organised.
I love the feature, but I don't really get this logic. You could use it for so many different optional features that get bonuses. Aren't momentum, gimmicks ratings and plenty of other things like that optional? I believe those give positive bonuses not just prevent negative ones? Rightly so in my opinion. It's all great to give the user choice but it wouldn't be right to not give someone who has that turned on bonuses just in case they happen to be in a multiplayer game where the other person doesn't have it on. Surely this would just mean if 2 people are playing and 1 doesn't want it on then they have to just ask the other person not to have it on or accept that they are getting a bonus for doing managing extra factors, just like with momentum/gimmicks.

The idea that the fans in game are making the assumption that every show is stacked and so the only possible effect is for them to be disappointed if you instead don't prebook a great show seems to take some fun out of the mechanic.

One small thing, I hope there is the option to have a mystery opponent or the option to just hype the fact that 1 wrestler is in action, rather than having to pick the exact match that's going to happen. This could allow a lot of fun things like promoting an open challenge or a mystery debut.

In general though regardless of these points I'm pretty confident I'll play with this feature on and it's another in the long list of things I'm looking forward to!
Unread 05-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Super Star

Quote:

I fail to see how that matters?
Show ratings vary anyways already since you have randomness (chemistry, time decline, consistency etc.) so why should one care about it in this context?
Every save is different, that's the point...

Also, yes, if you're organized and plan in advance you ARE a better booker, that's kind of obvious.
Unread 05-28-2019, 11:05 AM

So, I have one question based on this:

1.) While you mention attendance will be affected by pre-booking, what about PPV buys? I'd love to see buys influenced by what you advertise.
Unread 05-28-2019, 11:50 AM
Living Legend

I suspect that it's because pre-booking is something you have to put time into - momentum etc. are calculated by the game so take no additional time on the player's part. Forcing a player to spend more time on a part of the game that was previously removed (or streamlined, at least) to earn that bonus seems unfair.

With that being said, I do use pre-booking sometimes. It would be interesting to know if 2020 will allow TV shows to be booked more than a week in advance - I tend to book month to month, but in-game I can only book events/PPVs that far in advance.

Also, can you add recurring angles/matches to pre-booking? Something like a best-of-seven series of matches, or tick 'until further notice' on 'Steve Austin drinks beer to close Raw'?
Unread 05-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Major League

Ecstatic about this feature. One question, I would make it a suggestion but I don't even know if it's possible or not based on how the AI is currently set up.

Is there any way to have the AI be capable of using/following pre-booking to some extent? With the AI, the "limiting factor" to it is them booking realistically, with a look at consequences before and after every given show. If there was a way to have them "pre-book" at the very least events based on decisions like storylines, worker popularity/momentum/etc, then maybe it could kind of force the AI to book a major PPV like event with incidental pre-planning, that can make the AI be a bit more realistic? This is me just spitballing here, since I have no clue how possible it would be to implement this in any way.
Unread 05-28-2019, 01:26 PM
All Star

Quote:
Wouldn't that actually be quite reasonable?

I was pleased to see pre-booking return - but without any positive effects from it, I personally doubt I'll be using it.
Unread 05-28-2019, 01:33 PM
Super Star

Pre Booking hot storylines on a show should definitely give you a slight bonus in attendance...