Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Quick question, but will momentum affect whether or not someone is willing to take a loss?

Example being, if someone starts lower on the card and is building heavy momentum, will a main eventer be more willing to do the job for someone obviously on the rise?
2nd this, but I have a feeling it won't change much because it's based on personality.
Unread 05-14-2019, 03:33 PM

The changes to the momentum system sound pretty positive to me, and a lot more organic. I especially like the idea that a high performance worker can keep their momentum - at least in part - due to their workrate. That's a fantastic change.
Unread 05-15-2019, 02:35 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteel20 View Post
Adam, will we still be able to turn off the momentum feature if we so choose?
Yes. Unless the journal states that something has been removed, it hasn't been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Quick question, but will momentum affect whether or not someone is willing to take a loss?
Indirectly. Momentum affects a worker's perception, which would be taken into consideration when other people are asked to lose to them.
Unread 05-15-2019, 05:31 AM
Minor League

Just another thought, maybe I missed it, if good performances can affect momentum positively, will bad performances affect it negatively? So poor in-ring performances or giving poor entertainers mic time could have a negative effect?

Good example is Matt Harry's car crash promo almost killing him dead, bless him
Unread 05-15-2019, 10:05 AM
All Star

How a wrestler loses a match *road agent notes) should impact the momentum as well I hope.
Unread 05-15-2019, 10:37 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by D16NJD16 View Post
How a wrestler loses a match *road agent notes) should impact the momentum as well I hope.
This already exists and has for ages. It is quite literally outline and described in the notes themselves.

As far as the performance based momentum, this isnít a positive or realistic change in my opinion, this just gives passive bonuses for having a skilled worker, but in terms of wrestling as a performance art, kayfabe success is still the end all be all.

I think within reason, say the loser in a match of the year candidate in an open match maybe could see a small momentum boost, but WWE is a perfect example of why the feature is just questionable at best with how many super talented guys theyíve buried with ice cold momentum.
Unread 05-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE View Post
This already exists and has for ages. It is quite literally outline and described in the notes themselves.

As far as the performance based momentum, this isnít a positive or realistic change in my opinion, this just gives passive bonuses for having a skilled worker, but in terms of wrestling as a performance art, kayfabe success is still the end all be all.

I think within reason, say the loser in a match of the year candidate in an open match maybe could see a small momentum boost, but WWE is a perfect example of why the feature is just questionable at best with how many super talented guys theyíve buried with ice cold momentum.
But using your WWE example, itís also significantly easier for them to rehab a super talented performer who has been dead in the water. I think the change is a good thing and one that keeps momentum from tanking after a very competitive loss.
Unread 05-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Low Minors

I am getting a great feeling that this game is going to run so much better than 2016 and that is something I never could have imagined. As someone who has been playing TEW, EWR, EWB for 20 years I am so grateful that we have Adam Ryland to bless us with these great games. Keep up the good work!
Unread 05-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian View Post
But using your WWE example, itís also significantly easier for them to rehab a super talented performer who has been dead in the water. I think the change is a good thing and one that keeps momentum from tanking after a very competitive loss.
Not really, they do it the same way you do it in game already. Gimmick changes and turns. See Bray Wyatt. WWE is also extremely fond of the fire or send on vacation wait until everyone forgets then rehire tactic that also works well in TEW, and theyíve ebeen doing that for years.
Unread 05-16-2019, 01:15 AM
Super Star

Adam puts way more effort into this than I do my own job.
Unread 05-16-2019, 05:19 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons of Kohral View Post
Adam puts way more effort into this than I do my own job.
Probably because he's paid to do something he enjoys.
Unread 05-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Super Star

Today's announcement about being able to move our company's home region had me go full Daniel Bryan.
Unread 05-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Super Star

Loving everything recently announced, the ability to move can be a real game changer. If you end up in slumping area, a move might be good, or if you just can't compete in a battle with other companies, moving and building up can help a lot.

Betting matches are a fun match add for Lucha companies.

Momentum changes are great, as it's something I've always struggled to keep balanced in my games, and the improved AI is amazing. I know it gets better every game, but this sounds like we will be getting closer to the best simulation possible!
Unread 05-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Low Minors

awesome the apuestas in lucha libre in Mexico it's a huge deal!!

most of the important fights in mexico are apuestas instead of a title fight
Unread 05-16-2019, 12:44 PM
All Star

And it looks like I just found myself a new challenge. The ability to move companies from one part of the world to another is so juicy. Like can you pull VWA to America and help those guys get to the big leagues? Can you pull a failing British promotion to Canada and keep them afloat in the new scene or vice versa. Sounds like a whole new way for promotions and workers to need the help of a promoter more like myself. One more concerned with building people and places up than climbing the mountain to be the top dog.

And the betting matches sound good too. Those are huge in Mexico and lucha culture so that could be big for those who play Lucha Underground or CHIKARA in real world mods. One question does cross my mind though. For the game's purposes, is "hair" strictly what's on top of one's head? Or could a bald guy with a beard like a Tombstone be eligible to bet his beard using the "hair" game mechanic?