Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Phenom

Default Is maintaining Credibility ever a challenge?

In WMMA 4ís there was little to restrain the growth of companies due to the removal of Competitive Credibility, leading to a set of stagnant megacompanies.

WMMA 5 (re)introduced a Credibility mechanic which is perhaps an attempt to address this.

However, it seems pretty much impossible to lose ground on this, without outright horrible booking. Even with a newly created mid-level regional company putting on subpar shows which lose popularity, I still somehow gain a fair bit of Credibility.

Without a bunch of failed drug tests, I canít imagine how the company could lose Credibility.

Iíve only played the trial (albeit half a dozen times), so canít assess it long term.

Does this mechanic ever become a challenge, or is it just a perpetual boost?
Unread 02-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Phenom

I wouldn't say challenging but the longer you get in a game if your putting on frequent shows having fighters fight that aren't ranked close to one another or having a betting line of a wide margin you can lose it a bit.
Unread 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Low Minors

From what I've seen it seems to be that it's fine for the most part but whenever I play UFC it usually gets a lot harder (Drug tests, harder personalities to deal with, etc
Unread 02-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Super Star

I've never played as a small promotion, so maybe...

Otherwise? No, absolutely not. This game is super easy again, which I don't hate. Everything in the game, other than booking fights, is very easy to ignore.
Unread 02-15-2018, 02:41 PM

got a problem regarding this, there's a fighter i can sign -a top of the class go yamamoto-with a nuclear icon regarding a scandal, and a message about it may cause serios problems with sponsors, damage credibility and stability... i love this game!
Unread 02-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Living Legend

Load up your main card on can crushing and you will run into some problems after 2 or 3 shows.