Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by James The Animator View Post
Well, I don't know if I want to start a diary at all. I started that one SWF diary, but it fizzled out kind of quickly because I realized I wasn't adequately prepared. So that was a joke on my part. Also, I never expected a megapush for Helikaon or Matthew Keith, just a slow, steady build over the course of this diary.
Well, there's no harm from starting one even if it dies quickly xD

---

Quote:
The Burning Path in Yokohoma 2016 interview highlights on OnDem -

In an effort to continue reaching out to international audiences, BHOTWG released post-match interviews with English and Japanese subtitles. Some brief highlights from the interviews:

- Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu claimed they aren’t teaming full time, and it was just a case of the card shaping up that way that they ended up as a heavyweight / junior in position to face another heavyweight / junior pairing. Toju Munkata has claimed that he’s working his way up to heavyweight class.
- Helikaon & Hijo del Relampago claimed they were impressed with Crimson Ghost, and feel that Yasujiro pairing up with him might be better than the way he’s currently being treated. On the possibility of Helikaon and Hijo Del Relampago teaming further, they said they don’t mind working together but haven’t really discussed becoming a permanent pairing, perhaps once they figure out their positions on the roster after the Best of the Super Juniors.
- Hiraki & Kaima were happy to be teaming with a legend like Hoshino, and they hope they can continue some positive momentum in the Junior tag team division, and maybe enter title-challenging talks. Ninja & Samurai argued and Java just walked away after roaring at the pair.
- American Panther claimed they should be first in line for title shots after beating the Burning Junior Tag Team champs tonight. Koyama says 2016 is his coming out party and he’s climbing his way up the Junior ladder. Kokan & Konda praised American Panther but claimed Miyamoto was pinned. They relayed that Miyamoto performed well but he has to balance being entertaining with getting the job done like they have.
- Kiyaru & Scorpion admitted they took a step down the division by getting pinned in their four on four. They’ve fallen down the ladder before though, they’re experienced and they’ll climb back up. Marihito Masuko & Elemental III’s part were interrupted by Sensational Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon, with Sensational leading the charge, he claimed that if Double Dragon paired up, they’d have Burning Junior Tag Team belts too, the only reason they don’t is because they’ve always been in the Burning Junior picture whereas Masuko and Elemental III had to settle for less. Masuko & Elemental III were eager for Double Dragon to prove it and proposed a tag team match for Lords of the Ring, Sensational was hesitant but MYSTIC gladly accepted.
- Kinnojo Horri has to wonder if he’s missed a step or not. He failed to end Kikkawa’s reign in 2015, and ended the year failing against NEO as well, and now he couldn’t lead a very talented team to a victory. Keith and Toshitala disagreed - mostly Toshitala spoke so Horri and him could properly understand each other -, Toshitala says that him and Keith want to prove themselves and proposed that they also challenge NEO to a three on three match for Lords of the Ring. Horri agreed with the idea. Fugunaga and Shionoya claimed they were unimpressed with Toshusai’s team, and the victory solely came as a result of Toshusai taking advantage of Toshitala’s experience. He couldn’t pin Shionoya or Fugunaga, of that there is no doubt. In fact, they would love to prove that on Lords of the Ring.
- Heihachiro Sakai talked about how much of a walk in the park that match was. Their opponents didn’t really stand a chance against Kikkawa’s Army, Saito emphatically said no one does. Sakai wonders if him and Saito should go challenge for the Burning World Tag Team belts, Saito said he’d rather team with Iesada or Okazaki. Ieyoshi Shimakage rushed through his interview to avoid being confronted by Sato, he blamed Sato for not listening to his advice, so Shimakage decided to boycott the match. Sato dismissed Shimakage’s betrayal, he has no time for cowards, he just wants another chance against Kikkawa’s Army.
- “Aitch” didn’t have much time for an interview. He claimed Shibanumo and Yuasa were great competitors tonight and explained he would not be challenging for the Burning World Tag Team titles. He has one purpose, ending Kikkawa’s reign. Shibanumo was very appreciative of Nakasawa’s respect while Yuasa was a bit more dismissive about the demonstration, if Nakasawa refused to have a rematch with the Burning World Tag Team titles on the line, it might be because he knows he can’t pin Yuasa. Shibanumo told him to be more diplomatic but Yuasa walked off.
- NEO got back for an interview first. Koshiro Ino sarcastically talked about how tough Kikkawa’s Army is and how brutal “The King” is. He says that we really got to see the king’s justice. He wondered; however, if Kikkawa was mad because Ino spat in his face, or if he was mad because for the first time, “The King” was at someone else’s mercy? When told about the challenges of Toshusai & Horri for Test of Prophecies and Lords of the Ring, Ino seemed unaware and disinterested in the challenges. He laughed at the fact that so many people want to challenge them you’d think NEO won tonight.
- Kikkawa’s Army concluded the interviews for the night. Okazaki spoke for the army to berate Hiroaki Nakasawa for his disrespect. He claimed that Nakasawa saw what happened to Ino, Kikkawa beat some respect into him. If Nakasawa thinks that putting together a makeshift band of wrestlers unfit to even be in the same ring as Kikkawa makes for an army, he’s badly mistaken. Kikkawa’s Army is on top because if Kikkawa wasn’t Burning World champion, it would be Iesada or Okazaki, or little Sakai, or Saito, they are the absolute five best in the company, make no mistake of that. Okazaki said there would be NO title match for Nakasawa, he has not earned it. Kikkawa stopped him and disagreed, he has to establish that there are consequences for going up against Kikkawa’s Army. “The King” will face “The Boy” Hiroaki Nakasawa at Test of Prophecies for his Burning World championship, but the Burning World Tag Team champions would likewise face - Sakai looked hopeful - Kikkawa’s generals Tasuku Iesada and Masaaki Okazaki for the belts at Warrior Globe. They would understand why The Burning Path belongs to Kikkawa’s Army.
Quote:
Lords of the Ring Card:
  1. Atsumori Takemura & Toju Munkata vs. Gonkuro Kamioka & The Incredible Koyama
  2. Bairei Yasujiro, Java & The Rebellion (Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu) vs. Ieyoshi Shimakage, Hachigoro Maeda, Haru Kurofuji & Sanetomo Shiraishi
  3. American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther) vs. Golden Scorpion & The Awesome Kiyaru
  4. Hyosuke Kokan, Kansuke Konda, Murai Enomoto & Ryushi Sato vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Heihachiro Sakai & Hirokumi Saito & VENOM) & Yoshii Shiomi
  5. Kinnojo Horri, Matthew Keith & Tatsuya Toshitala vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)
  6. Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. Eisaku Hoshino, Mitsunari Fugunaga & Taro Shionoya
  7. Hiroaki Nakasawa, Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Masaaki Okazaki, Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada)
  8. Marihito Masuko & Elemental III vs. Sensational Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon
Quote:
Confirmed for Warrior Globe Card:
  1. Burning World Tag Team Championship: Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo (c) vs. Kikkawa’s Generals (Masaaki Okazaki & Tasuku Iesada)
  2. Burning Junior Championship: Sensational Dragon (c) vs.
Quote:
Confirmed for Test of Prophecies Card:
  1. Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)
  2. Burning Junior Tag Team Championship: Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda (c) vs.
  3. Burning World Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa (c) vs. Hiroaki Nakasawa
--------------

Still trying to figure out how too best format everything. The interview highlights will probably be briefer going forward. Especially for smaller events like Lords of the Ring. Unless there's a significant match on Lions of the Ring, I don't believe they'll get much more than surface results. Juniors occupy most of the opener/enhancement talent roles to start so expect to see them more frequently on Lions of the Ring than Lords of the Ring.
Unread 08-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Rookie

I think the formatting is perfect and I definitely love the effort put into the post match interviews, really helps show the personality of the descriptions that you wrote leading up to the start of this, keep it up.

Atsumori Takemura & Toju Munkata vs. Gonkuro Kamioka & The Incredible Koyama
Bairei Yasujiro, Java & The Rebellion (Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu) vs. Ieyoshi Shimakage, Hachigoro Maeda, Haru Kurofuji & Sanetomo Shiraishi
American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther) vs. Golden Scorpion & The Awesome Kiyaru
Hyosuke Kokan, Kansuke Konda, Murai Enomoto & Ryushi Sato vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Heihachiro Sakai & Hirokumi Saito & VENOM) & Yoshii Shiomi
Kinnojo Horri, Matthew Keith & Tatsuya Toshitala vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)
Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. Eisaku Hoshino, Mitsunari Fugunaga & Taro Shionoya
Hiroaki Nakasawa, Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Masaaki Okazaki, Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada)
Marihito Masuko & Elemental III vs. Sensational Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon
Unread 08-17-2018, 02:31 PM
Phenom

For Nakasawa's army to be taken seriously, Takemura needs to show he can hang on his own. I feel like Punk NASTY Club will be a big deal for you once Yamura is no longer a Young Lion, so a win here to establish Munkata and Takemura is my call
Bairei Yasujiro, Java & The Rebellion (Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu) vs. Ieyoshi Shimakage, Hachigoro Maeda, Haru Kurofuji & Sanetomo Shiraishi
Think Shiraishi got the short end of it last show. The Rebellion aren't putting their full hearts into teaming back up and Java can keep being strong while avoiding the pin here
American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther) vs. Golden Scorpion & The Awesome Kiyaru
Set up for the first Junior Tag defense
Hyosuke Kokan, Kansuke Konda, Murai Enomoto & Ryushi Sato vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Heihachiro Sakai & Hirokumi Saito & VENOM) & Yoshii Shiomi
I've learned my lesson, I'll pick against Kikkawa's Army when I see them lose myself
Kinnojo Horri, Matthew Keith & Tatsuya Toshitala vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)
Horri has been struggling to cope with what he feels is his own inadequacy, and NEO has been excelling at getting heat while "losing". Horri can get a win while NEO can still look strong by "giving" him the win.
Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. Eisaku Hoshino, Mitsunari Fugunaga & Taro Shionoya
One side has the better, younger talent IMO
Hiroaki Nakasawa, Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Masaaki Okazaki, Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada)
Shibanumo has no place up this high on the card, and I'm afraid he may actually die in the ring in this match
Basing this pick off of the two Dragons not being on the same page for the challenge in the first place
Unread 08-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Minor League

Atsumori Takemura & Toju Munkata vs. Gonkuro Kamioka & The Incredible Koyama (This one could go either way, but Takemura and Munkata both have more immediate storylines that they are part of, so they defeat the somewhat directionless Kamioka & Koyama.)
Bairei Yasujiro, Java & The Rebellion (Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu) vs. Ieyoshi Shimakage, Hachigoro Maeda, Haru Kurofuji & Sanetomo Shiraishi (Shimakage and Maeda are the youngest men in this match, and Maeda and Kurofuji are a full-time team, so they beat the older, part-time team of the Rebellion.)
American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther) vs. Golden Scorpion & The Awesome Kiyaru (American Panther are the younger tandem and more direct threat to Kokan & Konda right now, so they beat an older, established junior team to continue looking like credible challengers.)
Hyosuke Kokan, Kansuke Konda, Murai Enomoto & Ryushi Sato vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Heihachiro Sakai & Hirokumi Saito & VENOM) & Yoshii Shiomi (Kikkawa's Army + Shiomi have more momentum than the other team at the moment.)
Kinnojo Horri, Matthew Keith & Tatsuya Toshitala vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno) (I think NEO should win here to prove they are more than just jobbers to Kikkawa's Army.)
Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. Eisaku Hoshino, Mitsunari Fugunaga & Taro Shionoya (Shionoya's inexperience compared to his teammates will result in him losing the match for his team. Also, Sanda, Hamacho, and Toshusai will be challenging NEO at Test of Prophecies, so they need to legitimize their team with a win.)
Hiroaki Nakasawa, Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Masaaki Okazaki, Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada) (Tadiyuki Kikkawa is the ace, so he never loses.)
Marihito Masuko & Elemental III vs. Sensational Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon (I can see the overconfident MYSTIC Dragon being pinned by his rival , Elemental III.)
Unread 08-17-2018, 11:15 PM
Phenom

Atsumori Takemura & Toju Munkata
Bairei Yasujiro, Java & The Rebellion (Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu)
American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther)
Kikkawa’s Army (Heihachiro Sakai & Hirokumi Saito & VENOM) & Yoshii Shiomi
NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)
Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai
Kikkawa’s Army (Masaaki Okazaki, Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada
Sensational Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon
Unread 08-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Low Minors

Burning World Tag Team Championship: Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo (c) vs. Kikkawa’s Generals (Masaaki Okazaki & Tasuku Iesada)
Burning Junior Championship: Sensational Dragon (c) vs.

Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno)
Burning Junior Tag Team Championship: Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda (c) vs.
Burning World Championship: Tadiyuki Kikkawa (c) vs. Hiroaki Nakasawa
Unread 08-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Super Star

Thanks for the predictions guys. Love reading the comments more than anything, often gives me food for thought and stuff I didn't really think about. Shouldn't be long for Lords of the Ring but before that.

--

Quote:
Two New Signings begin their Burning Path:

BHOTWG revealed that they’ve brought in two new wrestlers to compete in the heavyweight division and they’re expected to bring in ten more wrestlers over the next few weeks. There aren’t expected to be any significant names signed up although some rumors suggested Marat Khoklov might be expected to return on a permanent basis, Khoklov’s representatives have claimed that the giant is enjoying his vacation from the business and he hasn’t had any talks with any company.

Fujio Narahashi who has spent the last five years with Pro Wrestling SAISHO brings to mind Mitsunari Fugunaga and Eisaku Hoshino in many ways with his smaller build and fiery spirit. He’s only 25 years old, but he has 7 years under his belt. He’s not expected to compete under a young boy status but will not be competing much on Lords of the Ring to start. Fujio Narahashi will be presented as a Pro Wrestling SAISHO product despite no previous relations between both companies. Although there isn’t expected to be a working relationship between the two companies, the understanding is that if Narahashi performs well, it looks good on SAISHO, for BHOTWG’s part, they hope presenting where Narahashi learned his craft will help accentuate his character.

Tanyu Toshusai is the name that will make many heads perk up. At 26 years old, and a 4 year pro, Tanyu has learned most of his craft for Black Canvas Grappling and currently holds a title there. The signing is expected to have come because of competition from GCG for his services. The middleweight has all the makings of a star and inheriting the talent of his uncle, former 2X Burning World champion and 1X GCG World Heavyweight champion. His skillset has been compared to the chief technician of Kikkawa’s Army, Masaaki Okazaki. It’s unclear whether Tanyu will be presented as a BCG product the same way Fujio is as a SAISHO product.

Neither of them are expected to make their debut till after Test of Prophecies, and aren’t likely to appear much, if at all, on Lords of the Ring for the foreseeable future.
Unread 08-20-2018, 06:11 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

Fujio and Tanyu have both been great in my BHOTWG save.... Fujio in particular has the potential to be a world champion now with 79 chain wrestling, 85+ in the performance row and 83 star quality thanks to some natural muscle building and a bit of a push to bulk up. I accidentally let Tanyu go to WLW when I forgot to improve my bid for him but he's also a great talent and has been tearing it up over there with a very similar skill set.

As for predictions.....

I'm liking the fairly simple format of the show. When I tried to write BHOTWG I wrote faaaaaaaaaar too much, but now having watched a lot more NJPW I know that matches tend to be a simple plot point in a far larger arc. Keeping things short and with purpose is good and I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop some of the characters here because I like to steal ideas for my own game.
Unread 08-21-2018, 03:51 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Fujio and Tanyu have both been great in my BHOTWG save.... Fujio in particular has the potential to be a world champion now with 79 chain wrestling, 85+ in the performance row and 83 star quality thanks to some natural muscle building and a bit of a push to bulk up. I accidentally let Tanyu go to WLW when I forgot to improve my bid for him but he's also a great talent and has been tearing it up over there with a very similar skill set.

I'm liking the fairly simple format of the show. When I tried to write BHOTWG I wrote faaaaaaaaaar too much, but now having watched a lot more NJPW I know that matches tend to be a simple plot point in a far larger arc. Keeping things short and with purpose is good and I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop some of the characters here because I like to steal ideas for my own game.
I don't know if I'll take the risk of Fujio bulking up but it might be better to do that now rather than later. He's definitely potential packed. I'm very biased towards Tanyu thanks to my time with BCG (and he was amazing in my MAW save). Sometimes letting a talent go isn't that bad, I'm sure it'll make a great story when he returns. I am extremely eager to play with Toshusai's story possibilities.

Yeah, I'm avoiding writing too much because I want to make progress and this isn't where I want all my writing time to go. I just want to convey what needs to come out of the match. I know most puro diaries tend to go even more barebones with the results.

Also, your posts in the discussion thread and your diary are HEAVILY shaping how I'm doing stuff.

--

Quote:
BHOTWG Lords of the Ring #1 - Results & Review:

Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods
Lords of the Ring #1
January, Wednesday Week 1, 2016
Tokyo Civil Stadium

Watch: Japanese Sports Vision
Rating: 5.56 Rating
Attendance: 14,039

vs.
Atsumori Takemura & Toju Munkata vs. Gonkuro Kamioka & The Incredible Koyama:
A solid match between four wrestlers with a lot to prove. Takemura and Munkata didn’t get a long but Munkata’s progressive weight increase and Takemura already being a Heavyweight division wrestler gave them the size advantage over Kamioka & Koyama. Takemura hit Down to Earth (Emerald Flowsion) in 11 minutes to get the win. C

vs.
Bairei Yasujiro, Java & The Rebellion (Natsu Miyamae & Shimedzu) vs. Ieyoshi Shimakage, Hachigoro Maeda, Haru Kurofuji & Sanetomo Shiraishi:
In a match filled with veterans, it was unsurprisingly Shimakakge & Maeda that would prove decisive in earning or costing their sides the victory. Shimakage didn’t turn his back on his team this time around and in under 10 minutes hit a Package Piledriver on the smaller Sshimedzu. C

vs.
American Panther (American Optimus & Red Panther) vs. Golden Scorpion & The Awesome Kiyaru:
American Panther has done battle with Golden Scorpion and The Awesome Kiyaru many times before and this match played on quite a bit of that history with both sides being pretty evenly matched. American Optimus seems to be extremely determined in 2016 got the win for his side with the Ozone Sky Flier in just over 10 minutes on The Awesome Kiyaru, further showing that Scorpion & Kiyaru may no longer be the team they once were. C+

vs.
Kinnojo Horri, Matthew Keith & Tatsuya Toshitala vs. NEO (Koshiro Ino, Yasuhiko Taira & Yasunobu Masuno):
One of the bigger matches of the night. Toshitala & Keith had he most to prove tonight being involved with headliners in Horri and the NEO trio. This was the longest match of the night and Keith & Toshitala actually spent a bit more time in the ring than Horri, that may have actually cost their team the victory. Ino managed to get Keith off-guard near the end and landed the Kobra’s Bite in under 18 minutes to get the victory. B-

vs.
Chuichi Sanda, Eiji Hamacho & Tadakuni Toshusai vs. Eisaku Hoshino, Mitsunari Fugunaga & Taro Shionoya:
Tadakuni Toshusai’s new alliance with the veteran tag team were determined to get one of the freelancer Eisaku Hoshino and the physically dominant pairing of Fugunaga & Shionoya. A victory here would definitely prove they had actions to back up their NEO challenge, especially after witnessing them take home the victory. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be in Hoshino and his intimidating partners wouldn’t be put down. Fugunaga was especially he’s usual vicious self and caught Hamacho from behind with a Rear Naked Choke, something the tag team wrestler could not get out. This won’t do much to reassure fans that Toshusai’s team stands a chance against NEO. B-

vs.
Hiroaki Nakasawa, Nissho Yuasa & Toshiki Shibanumo vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Masaaki Okazaki, Tadiyuki Kikkawa & Tasuku Iesada):
Another big heavyweight clash between Hiroaki Nakasawa’s newly formed Nakasawa’s Army facing off against Kikkawa’s Army. There were some definite growing pains with Nakasawa’s Army. While Shibanumo was willing to listen to Nakasawa’s advice, Yuasa had a harder time being convinced by Aitch’s wisdom. Kikkawa’s Army were a well oiled machine and Okazaki took apart Shibanumo during a Yuasa / Nakasawa argument and submitted him with the Century Crab Lift in 10 minutes. B

vs.
Hyosuke Kokan, Kansuke Konda, Murai Enomoto & Ryushi Sato vs. Kikkawa’s Army (Heihachiro Sakai & Hirokumi Saito & VENOM) & Yoshii Shiomi:
Ryushi Sato was eager to get his hands on Kikkawa’s Army in this match and was particularly vicious. Kokan & Konda had to defend their integrity as Burning Junior Tag Team champs. Enomoto wasn’t as motivated as his partners though. Their opponents were a collective unit and Shiomi was eager to listen to any orders Sakai or Saito had. Shiomi managed to submit Kansuke Konda in 12 minutes with the Sublime Crossface. C+

vs.
Marihito Masuko & Elemental III vs. Sensational Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon:
The big Junior bout of the night actually ended up being somewhat of a disappointment. There were far too many mistakes made by Sensation Dragon & MYSTIC Dragon that seemed less a result of the story intended to be told, and more as a result of a complete lack of chemistry. Nevertheless, the story was delivered. Sensation had seemed reluctant when the challenge was made by Masuko & Elemental III but he was actually hyper motivated in this match knowing a win would shut down any chance of Elemental III, or worse, Masuko challenging at Warrior Globe. It actually was MYSTIC who fell to Masuko thanks to the Masuko Cradle in just over 15 minutes. For their part, Masuko and Elemental III put up the best performances of the night outside the “King”. B

After the match, Marihito Masuko made his challenge for the Burning Junior Champion at Warrior Globe official and Sensation Dragon really had no options to refuse at that point. He accepted and advised Masuko that the Masuko Craddle could put away MYSTIC but it certainly wouldn’t put him away.

Final Show Grade: B

A solid show that was building up to a great main event that sadly did not deliver. I imagine that this is the last we’ve seen of “Double Dragon” considering how poor they looked working together.
Quote:
Lords of the Ring #1 interview highlights on OnDem -

- Ieyoshi Shimakage complimented Shiraishi, Maeda, and Kurofuji for listening to him so they could get an easy win. “I won’t walk away if they listen to my wisdom.”
- Optimus & Panther say that whatever happens in Shiomi & VENOM’s match, they showed they belonged in Burning Junior Tag Team title conversation with their last two wins.
- Keith profusely apologized to Horri for his failure in their match in surprisingly passable Japanese. Horri forgave them both as long as they learned from that experience. NEO didn’t have much to say. Ino wanted to point out that a strike from Horri just doesn’t really compare from a strike from the “King”.
- Toshusai, Hamacho & Sanda admitted they have to go back to the drawing board because as NEO showed earlier, they’re a team completely in sink and if they can’t beat Hoshino’s team tonight then the odds aren’t looking good for Test of Prophecies. The key difference remains that Toshusai, Sanda & Hamacho no Ino and Black Magic more than anyone else in the company. That might be the key to the win. Hoshino said he respects Toshusai had something to prove tonight but they couldn’t just stand aside for them, they want to be in title conversations and they need wins for that.
- Kokan & Konda decided they didn’t really have a choice, and it was hard to decide who they should defend against between the team of Shiomi & VENOM and American Panther, they’re doing the honorable thing and will defend against both teams at Test of Prophecies. The “King” made a surprise appearance in Kikkawa’s Army interview. Shiomi & VENOM were both super nervous. The “King” was brief but stated that all belts should belong to Kikkawa’s Army - if Shiomi became a Burning Junior Tag Team champion after Test of Prophecies, then of course he would belong to Kikkawa’s Army.
- MYSTIC was frustrated with Sensational’s criticism of him after the main event. He hoped Masuko failed at Warrior Globe because he wanted to be the one to end Sensational’s reign before it really got going. Elemental III wished Masuko good luck, he said he’s right behind in line for a shot as well. Sensational expects what always happens when Masuko and him face, a great match, and Dragon holding the belt in the end, conveniently ignoring they are even as far as ending each other’s reigns go.
Unread 08-21-2018, 03:59 PM
Minor League

I have a quick question to ask you. I notice you've been spelling Tatsuya Toshitara's last name as "Toshitala". I'd like to know why you use the alternative spelling.
Unread 08-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by James The Animator View Post
I have a quick question to ask you. I notice you've been spelling Tatsuya Toshitara's last name as "Toshitala". I'd like to know why you use the alternative spelling.

It's an "l" in my game .-.
Unread 08-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Low Minors

Has this been patched? It was an L in my game (ver 1.00), but it's now an R.
Unread 08-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Locker Room Leader :)

Is Toshitala in my data too... unless Adam changed it at some point, it has definitely been that way whenever I've seen it.

Also, all hail Sensational Dragon! He may not quite be as good as Emerald Angel, but he may be slightly less of an asshole
Unread 08-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Low Minors

I once brought the Angel and Hell Monkey (Reaver) in from WLW to lose to my Jr. Tag champs. Reaver, as a midcarder with creative control, refused to job. This is why I don’t do perks.
Unread 08-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaSquad View Post
I once brought the Angel and Hell Monkey (Reaver) in from WLW to lose to my Jr. Tag champs. Reaver, as a midcarder with creative control, refused to job. This is why I don’t do perks.
I look forward to bringing in Angel & Kobe when I kill WLW e_e

--

Quote:
BHOTWG Announce a Handful of New Signings:

It was clear that BHOTWG weren’t done expanding their roster in the early parts of 2016, and over the next two days they’ve announced a handful of new signings including two young lions and a new color commentator. The company is expected to announce a few new signings before the end of the week.

Gargantuan answered rumors that BHOTWG were expected to invest in another monstrous foreigner. While it isn’t unusual for BHOTWG to give a chance to a physically imposing wrestler who isn’t all that talented a worker, Gargantuan doesn’t really have the reputation and worldwide popularity of Marat Khoklov. Well over seven feet tall, Gargantuan is just as intimidating as Khoklov but he doesn’t have the capacity to slot into the main event instantly the way Khoklov did before him. It’ll take some careful booking if they want to maintain Gargantuan’s value as a monster, but also get him to that level of in-ring ability and notoriety needed to meet the value of the Bruce and Marat’s before him. Gargantuan is a hot commodity in Canada’s Canadian Golden Combat with a recently concluded CGC World title reign. He’s rumored to have had many potential suitors so BHOTWG got ahead of the game. There are some thoughts that he may be renamed to be a suitable inheritor to Bruce the Giant and Marat Khoklov’s mantles.

Goemon Inoue is the color commentator from Black Canvas Grappling. Considering the schism between Mitsuhide Muro and Toru Minamoto as well as the general understanding that Hidetada Kozu isn’t at the level necessary, Inoue is expected to be given a run on Lords of the Ring to see if he gels with Muro and Kazutoshi Imoo and performs better than Kozu. The change would be unfortunate for Danjuro Komatsu who would likely end up booted out of Lions of the Ring for Kozu to take his spot. He is expected to start in a couple of weeks.

Motoyuki Miyake is the newest young boy to join the roster. At 20 years old and just a one year pro, Miyake is seen as someone who will stick with the company long term. Miyake is an ultra-serious wrestler who reminds many of Hiroaki Nakasawa with his demeanor. He’ll be shedding his trademark blue trunks and shoot gloves for the attire of a BHOTWG young boy. He’s far from the prototypical Junior wrestler with a preference for a hard-hitting physically wearing style and some great talent as a submission worker. Although there is a potential for Miyake to move up a weight class, there’s a vested interest in seeing how Miyake’s style will contrast with the best of the Juniors division. There are high hopes for Miyake going forward to be a complete BHOTWG product.

Prometheus is probably the most shocking addition to the BHOTWG locker room. At 7’1, Prometheus is going to slot right in with Gargantuan as a great monster foreign wrestler but Prometheus is even further behind than Gargantuan and it’s clear that his home promotion CGC hasn’t put enough effort in making him more than just a figure. A 3 year pro at 25 years old, Prometheus will probably be the biggest man to have ever put on the orange trunks of a young boy and he’s certainly expected to give veterans and fellow young lions alike some trouble. There is the issue that having him as a young boy could very well kill his legitimacy going forward. On the other hand, having a monster gaijin who learned the BHOTWG way may make him a unique threat in the main event. It’s unknown if he’ll be keeping the Prometheus name.

Razan Okamoto is one of the biggest reasons why Black Canvas Grappling has been a secret gem in Japanese wrestling. At 24 years old, and a 6 year pro, Okamoto has shown all the potential to be a star. Okamoto ran the highly reputed Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix last year, and was expected to become a champion in the company; however, BHOTWG has changed those plans. Okamoto’s a good high flier but an even better brawler. He may prove a problem for the Four Heavenly Kings and doesn’t like a man who will allow himself to stay under anyone’s ceiling. It’s unclear if he’ll be entering BHOTWG under his current name, but it’ll be a good indication that he’s intended to compete as a heavyweight if he does enter under the name.

Taheiji Konoe is regarded as a big lost opportunity for Warrior Engine XXV. “The Animal” has stalled in the company for years now, and is getting a shot in BHOTWG at 29 years old with already a decade under his name without many accomplishments to warrant the signing. Konoe is expected to stand out from nearly everyone on the roster, and most of the new signings for his background as a hardcore wrestler. His vicious style will differ strongly from the brutal style of wrestlers like Nakasawa and Kikkawa, but his departure from the deathmatches that gave him his reputation in WEXXV may expose some of his weaknesses. Konoe’s future will strongly depend on his ability to adapt while maintaining what he’s been thought for the last decade.

Yoshinaka Taku is another second-generation wrestler, and another Black Canvas Grappling roster member to join the company. 24 years old and a 5 year pro, Yoshinaka isn’t expected to don the orange trunks although BHOTWG are expecting that Yoshinaka will commit to the company long term. Yoshinaka combines some great brawling with some great shoot style fighting although he’s somewhat lacking in technical worker and that may be his downfall against the best in the company. BCG are expected to have Yoshinaka and Toshinobu’s rare father-son pairing lose their BCG World Tag Team belt within the next week.

Aside from Motoyuki Miyake, these signings are expected to make their debuts in BHOTWG on next week’s Lions of the Ring.