Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Astil's Avatar
Astil Astil is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood Hotel, Lakeside Branch
Posts: 3,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
Finishing the basement probably cost more than assembling the games. The most expensive cabinet I had was the OutRun one and it cost a shade under 4k. I got it (relatively) cheap because few people wanted it because it has a huge footprint (it was the big arse one with side by side positions). The rise of the console made it so I could get rid of them (gave them to my conspiracy theorist friend in Elmira ) but I am definitely getting one of those custom jobs.

Astil, I'd be hesitant to state unequivocally what I'll "never" have. I've found that this world isn't nearly as cut & dried as people like to think it is.
/nod.

I'll say it's like... twenty steps away from where I'm at now. Plus, my fiance wouldn't be so keen on it, she'd rather me just buy another console/computer. Some people don't get the finer things...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Wrestling Century's Avatar
Wrestling Century Wrestling Century is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the century of wrestling
Posts: 971
Default

I like to wait until the newest console comes out, and then buy the previous console and all the good games for it for cheap. Used of course, but still in good condition. You know that you can get games that were $50 dollars when they came out, for like $5 - $15?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM
TheEdgeOfReason's Avatar
TheEdgeOfReason TheEdgeOfReason is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Century View Post
I like to wait until the newest console comes out, and then buy the previous console and all the good games for it for cheap. Used of course, but still in good condition. You know that you can get games that were $50 dollars when they came out, for like $5 - $15?
I get the game part, but a previous Console? I can't imagine doing that. What are you playing now, a PS2 or Xbox? You can get a PS3 or 360 for pretty cheap if you look in the right place.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Wrestling Century's Avatar
Wrestling Century Wrestling Century is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the century of wrestling
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfReason View Post
I get the game part, but a previous Console? I can't imagine doing that. What are you playing now, a PS2 or Xbox? You can get a PS3 or 360 for pretty cheap if you look in the right place.
I usually buy only one of the new consoles, and then I go back and buy the other consoles I missed once a new version comes out. Then I also go and buy all of the good games.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Astil's Avatar
Astil Astil is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood Hotel, Lakeside Branch
Posts: 3,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfReason View Post
I get the game part, but a previous Console? I can't imagine doing that. What are you playing now, a PS2 or Xbox? You can get a PS3 or 360 for pretty cheap if you look in the right place.
I own a PS3 and play the PS2 more, dude.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
LoganRodzen's Avatar
LoganRodzen LoganRodzen is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astil View Post
I own a PS3 and play the PS2 more, dude.
I play my PS2 quite a bit these days now too. I had to sell my 360 and PS3 (had them at separate times) because bills were more important.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
TheEdgeOfReason's Avatar
TheEdgeOfReason TheEdgeOfReason is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astil View Post
I own a PS3 and play the PS2 more, dude.
Should have bought a 360
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Astil's Avatar
Astil Astil is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood Hotel, Lakeside Branch
Posts: 3,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfReason View Post
Should have bought a 360
Got one, play PS2 more. Hell I play DS more than 360.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:17 PM
moon_lit_tears's Avatar
moon_lit_tears moon_lit_tears is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeOfReason View Post
Should have bought a 360
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astil View Post
Got one, play PS2 more. Hell I play DS more than 360.
I'm the same. My DS has gotten more play than anything. My ps2 second them Wii.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:21 PM
d_w_w's Avatar
d_w_w d_w_w is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
I'm the same. My DS has gotten more play than anything. My ps2 second them Wii.
Hmm.

My current list by amount of time played on:

360 > PC > DS > PS3 > PS2 > Wii.

My nephews love their 360 and I tend to play online with them. PC is alone time. The others are "sigh, I'm bored"... except the Wii. That's the "oh, my wife likes to play video games once per month".
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Astil's Avatar
Astil Astil is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood Hotel, Lakeside Branch
Posts: 3,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_w_w View Post
Hmm.

My current list by amount of time played on:

360 > PC > DS > PS3 > PS2 > Wii.

My nephews love their 360 and I tend to play online with them. PC is alone time. The others are "sigh, I'm bored"... except the Wii. That's the "oh, my wife likes to play video games once per month".
Funny, that's my 360/PS3 now a days.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
moon_lit_tears's Avatar
moon_lit_tears moon_lit_tears is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 834
Default

360 vs PS3.

I own neither. My brother has a PS3, Someone very close to me has a 360. I have played both and watched enough game play on both.

Why the hell would anyone want a 360? PS3 game play is a lot nicer. Graphics look better. Internet play is FREE.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM
SeanMcFly's Avatar
SeanMcFly SeanMcFly is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,667
Default

Have owned every game system Sony has come out with, and haven't looked back yet. PS1 had a bug, but that came along exactly when the PS2 came out. Bought the PS2. If there's a game that's not available for the PS3, I buy it for the PS2, play it there. Own a PSP, and a PS3. Love the PS3.

HDTV + PS3 + 52" Plasma + Games like UFC Undisputed, Smackdown vs RAW, FIFA, NBA, Uncharted among others = Insanely Amazing Graphics

It's literally come to the point that when I'm in the car on a road trip with some of the guys, we'll plug in the PS3 in one of the outlets and load it on to the screen.

I guess I could be considered addicted
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Wrestling Century's Avatar
Wrestling Century Wrestling Century is offline
Major League
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the century of wrestling
Posts: 971
Default

I don't really care about how good graphics are, as long as the game is fun and worth my time.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
TheEdgeOfReason's Avatar
TheEdgeOfReason TheEdgeOfReason is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Donegal, Ireland
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMcFly View Post
Have owned every game system Sony has come out with, and haven't looked back yet. PS1 had a bug, but that came along exactly when the PS2 came out. Bought the PS2. If there's a game that's not available for the PS3, I buy it for the PS2, play it there. Own a PSP, and a PS3. Love the PS3.

HDTV + PS3 + 52" Plasma + Games like UFC Undisputed, Smackdown vs RAW, FIFA, NBA, Uncharted among others = Insanely Amazing Graphics

It's literally come to the point that when I'm in the car on a road trip with some of the guys, we'll plug in the PS3 in one of the outlets and load it on to the screen.

I guess I could be considered addicted
haha thats awesome. It must kill the battery though.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.