Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Low Minors

Default Vr experience

I know vr is a new thing at the moment but just wondering how people find it. Must admit I was thrilled the first time I put on those goggles then the novelty wore off when I realised most games were very short. Hows it gonna go?Will it take off?Will game developers make an effort but most important whats the best vr game u played. For me its rigs or headmaster it will be interesting 2 see other peoples opinions but it seems a bit underused at the mo & i wonder if it end up an idea that will be dead in the water before it can surface
Unread 06-05-2018, 05:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steesh07 View Post
Does anyone play any other text based games? I've been playing on Hollywood Mogul 3 (currently free to play) and Music Wars Rebirth 2 (bought it years ago but never played it until recently. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations?
I'm waiting on Showtime 2 to release, but it's been in development for years now. It seems fun. I own the first game through a bundle but never played it.

Needless to say I love textbasedgames, provided they go in-depth and provide some immersion to "compensate" for lack of graphics, quite like Adam's games.

I also played "Town of Light" this week. I was already versed on the cruelties of "psychiatric healthcare" of last century so it wasn't an eyeopener, but it provides a nice look into that world. The game is a little tedious at times though. It's never a good idea to let the player run around aimlessly.
Unread 06-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I'm waiting on Showtime 2 to release, but it's been in development for years now. It seems fun. I own the first game through a bundle but never played it.

Needless to say I love textbasedgames, provided they go in-depth and provide some immersion to "compensate" for lack of graphics, quite like Adam's games.

I also played "Town of Light" this week. I was already versed on the cruelties of "psychiatric healthcare" of last century so it wasn't an eyeopener, but it provides a nice look into that world. The game is a little tedious at times though. It's never a good idea to let the player run around aimlessly.
Hollywood Mogul sequel is also in works.
hollywood-mogul.proboards.com You can check this link for updates.

A free game on movies and TV show is also in works if you want to follow that you check out that here.
filmstudiotycoon.blogspot.com
filmstudiotycoon.proboards.com
Unread 06-08-2018, 03:42 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack ryder View Post

A free game on movies and TV show is also in works if you want to follow that you check out that here.
Thanks for sharing this. Film Studio Tycoon looks like the exact game I've been waiting for!
Unread 06-08-2018, 11:06 AM
All Star

Quote:

Thanks for this news, Brother Jack. Especially love the Hollywood Mogul news. Have loved Carey's work for years and I'm thrilled this project is back on. It was so disappointing a few years back when he was trying to get 4 done and the project stalled. Hopefully this time he can pull it together this time.

Film Studio Tycoon looks like it could be a solid game as well but I can't say I'm crazy about having authentic talent available from the start. I don't watch a lot of new movies in the real world. So I don't know current actors and actresses that well. Where if you had fictional talent, it's easier to mold those people to your will and be bolder with your choices. Regardless it does look it it could be a solid game.
Unread 06-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
http://showtime2devblog.blogspot.com/

This is the showtime link. It's scheduled for july but take this with a grain of salt.
Unread 06-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
http://showtime2devblog.blogspot.com/

This is the showtime link. It's scheduled for july but take this with a grain of salt.
I have been following all the three. I have spend more time on Showtime than HMS.

@cappyboy
A little bit disappointment on Hollywood Mogul as the Developer is at the moment giving his 100% to a RPG game which is in development longer than this HMS version. He will be back on HMS after that.

@Ayden good to see you the FST forum.

FST has like everything you desire and the amazing thing is the Dev is not a programmer he started learning it to write this game and is still learning on the go.

For a person like me who is at the moment scratching for a Penny. Getting a free game(FST) is awesome.
Unread 06-12-2018, 12:02 AM
Living Legend

I was wondering if anyone else has thoughts on Fallout 76. I have a feeling that I am not going to like it simply because it is an online only game. I like playing alone, I am not a fan of playing online because I do not want other people messing with me when I am trying to enjoy the game. Now I do understand that you can play this game alone but other real life players will still be part of your game no matter what.

I think I am going to hold off getting this one as it does not appeal to me. I will just go back to playing Fallout 4.

Last edited by BHK1978 : 06-12-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Unread 06-12-2018, 08:27 AM
Hall of Fame

My E3 highlights so far are:

- Cyberpunk 2077
- Tomb Raider "3"
- Resident Evil 2 Remake

Those are really the only ones I care for. Sure, I'd LOVE a TES6, but when will that come? 2022?

I want to like Fallout 76 but haven't played 4 at all and barely NV so I'll pass. Like BHK I dislike online-only games as it forces you to interact with goofballs and other annoying people. The whole idea that MS uttered about connectivity is a load of BS. I 'connect' with people irl a lot. I don't need them in my games, especially if I can't select which ones to interact with.

Also very impressed with Last of Us 2 but alas it's not for me to buy.

Last edited by Blackman : 06-12-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Unread 06-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
I was wondering if anyone else has thoughts on Fallout 76. I have a feeling that I am not going to like it simply because it is an online only game. I like playing alone, I am not a fan of playing online because I do not want other people messing with me when I am trying to enjoy the game. Now I do understand that you can play this game alone but other real life players will still be part of your game no matter what.

I think I am going to hold off getting this one as it does not appeal to me. I will just go back to playing Fallout 4.
I got a kind of Rust/Destiny mashup vibe from it and if that's the case I don't think it has any chance of being good. More importantly I don't know why they're making this in the first place, did anybody want another Fallout already, even a single player one?
Unread 06-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
My E3 highlights so far are:

- Cyberpunk 2077
- Tomb Raider "3"
- Resident Evil 2 Remake

Those are really the only ones I care for. Sure, I'd LOVE a TES6, but when will that come? 2022?

I want to like Fallout 76 but haven't played 4 at all and barely NV so I'll pass. Like BHK I dislike online-only games as it forces you to interact with goofballs and other annoying people. The whole idea that MS uttered about connectivity is a load of BS. I 'connect' with people irl a lot. I don't need them in my games, especially if I can't select which ones to interact with.

Also very impressed with Last of Us 2 but alas it's not for me to buy.
I am not sure if it is because I am becoming older but I find myself less and less excited by new games. Sure I want to play ES6, but like you said it is probably going to come out at the earliest in 2020.

The whole avoiding an online world is the main reason why I never bothered to get GTA5 for my XBOX One. From everything I have read that is one of the most toxic gaming community out there and they love to screw with people. Now granted I do not mind trolling to an extent but those folks take it too far.

I always wanted to play Last of Us but I do not have a Play Station 4 and I cannot see myself buying it for just that. I mean I actually came close to doing so around Christmas time but I decided against it at the last minute. There are not that many exclusive PS4 games I want to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questlove View Post
I got a kind of Rust/Destiny mashup vibe from it and if that's the case I don't think it has any chance of being good. More importantly I don't know why they're making this in the first place, did anybody want another Fallout already, even a single player one?
Well I would not mind a new single player Fallout game but that is because I really enjoyed the fourth one. There are a ton of people who did not like it so I am not sure if they are the majority or the vocal minority. Either way there is a portion of the core audience of the game that probably did not want a new one due to their dislike of the fourth one.
Unread 06-17-2018, 04:20 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerdilligaf View Post
I know vr is a new thing at the moment but just wondering how people find it. Must admit I was thrilled the first time I put on those goggles then the novelty wore off when I realised most games were very short. Hows it gonna go?Will it take off?Will game developers make an effort but most important whats the best vr game u played. For me its rigs or headmaster it will be interesting 2 see other peoples opinions but it seems a bit underused at the mo & i wonder if it end up an idea that will be dead in the water before it can surface
Me and 3 buddies recently went to a VR cafe where you play hooked up to one of those rigs where you can run and stuff. It was amazing fun! At times, you really forgot that you weren't actually there. Great experience.
Unread 06-25-2018, 12:43 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
The whole avoiding an online world is the main reason why I never bothered to get GTA5 for my XBOX One.
To be fair, on PC you can opt out of the online world and it can purely be a SP game. Once they sever that connection, they'll lose me as a buyer.

I can't stress this enough: if you want to "connect" with other people, go outside ffs... Or at least don't force this "connection" onto me. I game to avoid being connected for a short while.
Unread 07-24-2018, 08:35 AM
Rookie

No Man's Sky NEXT dropping in the next hour. Should be interesting...
Unread 07-24-2018, 10:59 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
No Man's Sky NEXT dropping in the next hour. Should be interesting...
I havenít played since they added bases. Guess I should get my copy out and give it a go.