Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
GDS Developer

Default The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

To help clean up the board a little, all TNA-related news items should be discussed in this thread. This will help cut down on the amount of very similar threads that pop up.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Hall of Fame

So with RVD's latest interview in the Sun it seems he is quite open to returning full time or at least more interested then before now that his wife has beat her illness. Although RVD is setting quite steep demands I think TNA could provide them. Ad to that the outside possibility of Jeff Hardy joining TNA would have a main 6 of AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy with Lashley, Wolfe, Morgan and Hernandez as close to main event status.

Even if they only get RVD that is still a stellar top of the card imho.'

It would also provide extra imputus for keeping current E watchers or former wrestling watchers to keep tuning in to TNA if they start watching because of Hogan. Much like when Hall and Nash arrived. Now all they need is a stellar storyline and they are golden. Even without a stellar storyline but just keeping the good form they have been showing of late they could really see growth.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde Hill View Post
Ad to that the outside possibility of Jeff Hardy joining TNA...
Where ya hear that?
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Phenom

If rvd would join it would be an intresting fit. I don't think he could work the x style any more. His body has broken down over the years but i don't know if i could see him as a main event guy in tna either. I would prefere him putting over guys like styles and daniales and maybe even red and homicide. Guys like hogan and flair if he comes in are not going to build anyone i don't think. They need a guy like rvd who has name crediblity to build up younger guys. I think he is somone that would do it.
Unread 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Low Minors

If RVD and Jeff Hardy join TNA I think that those two would both win the TNA title within the first year being there to give them a boost to help build the youngs up as bing big stars in the eyes of the causal fans. Those are two names alot of people know. Hogan and flair would be GM's of sort to have big star power on the show without them having to be in matches to bring in the kids parents that know who those two are.
Unread 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Fenoli View Post
Where ya hear that?
Pure speculation at the moment. RVD can still go btw just go to his website and watch his latest exploits in Europe.
Unread 11-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Hall of Fame

The main event of Turning Point was an awesome match and one of the best I've seen this year. I've only watched that one, heard that Angle vs. Wolfe was really good aswell.
Unread 11-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Hall of Fame

First reactions great ppv and best dual main event of the year!
Unread 11-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Major League

the ppv was great i was there and it was amazing now i may see it to see how it came out on TV.

Angle vs Wolfe was one of the best matches i seen live if not the best and the main event was what it was suppose to be. Tara vs Kong was good.
Unread 11-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Man I am jealous wish I could have been there. And no more comments? Man this was a great ppv!
Unread 11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Living Legend

I didn't see the PPV, however, I've given it a read on PWInsider.

Here are some thoughts of my own:

1) Scott Steiner beats Bobby Lashley? Yet, Bobby beat Samoa Joe last month... And then, Samoa Joe gets a title shot? If you were going to put Lashley over Joe... Then, theoretically based upon wrestling tradition, you would think that Lashley would go over Steiner. I've never been a big fan of Steiner, then again I don't like Lashley either, however, it just seemed a little odd.

2) I hear the Wolfe/Angle match was simply amazing... Which is awesome to hear! I really like the character that they have going for Wolfe thus far & it's smart to put him into a campaign with Angle straight out of the gate. This way, a guy who hasn't been seen much at all by mainstream wrestling fans gets a strong rub from a former champion. Also, it appears that TNA did something very special with this match... Well, maybe more so the performers than TNA itself.... however, They made a "new star" even though he lost the match! That's a major feat if you ask me! Lets just hope that they continue to develop him right and don't have him lose to Bobby Lashley next month or something. ha.

3) Good to see AJ Styles retain the title. I, along with many of you, feel that TNA really needs to bank on their own stars. Sure, using former WWE talent is smart to generate potential viewers who don't already consider themselves a "TNA Fan"... However, in the long run, TNA Has to develop their own identity if they ever want to truly compete with the WWE. (And I'm not saying... Outright challenge the Global power... But, at least to register some sense of a divide with wrestling fans). If they are able to develop their own identity through and through.... Push homegrown talent just as much as the WWE outcasts... Then there's a good chance that they could be a strong player in the future.

4) I think I remember hearing that Kevin Nash stole the "Global Championship" (formerly Legends Title) during the PPV due to a decree set by Hulk Hogan. If you ask me, what I would love to see is for TNA to drop the title all together. "The Legends" title would seem intersting IF it were competed within a division of "Legends"... ALSO... That that title was only defended maybe 3-4 times a year (as a special championship). However, with who has been able to grab it as of late... It's just another title thrown into the mix. With that being said, With a Tag Title... A women's title... X Division Title... ANd the Heavyweight Title.... I say either A) Drop the belt and hype the X Division title up yet again... or B) Keep the title, cement it as the next step from the Heavyweight title (Ie: IC Title), and then risk the possibility of de-valueing the X-Division Title due to another title being placed above it.

------------------------

Overall, It seemed like a great show. Sadly, I don't get to watch TNA all that much at this point since I work every thursday night (and don't have TiVo yet). So, most of my information comes from what I read. However, I would LOVE for TNA to pick up the ball and keep on running with it. The WWE has become too predictable... too "Showy" if you ask me.... I want a company that will give me ACTUAL Pro Wrestling... Where in-ring action is just as important as anything out of it... And characters flow in with a unique tone instead of everyone using the same "I'm a bad ass" mentality.

Hats off to TNA. Hopefully they can continue to move forward.
Unread 11-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde Hill View Post
Man I am jealous wish I could have been there. And no more comments? Man this was a great ppv!
yeah boring/worst match was boring lashley vs steiner. The crowd was well a tna crowd. during matches the agents who put together the matches sat behind or beside dixie (D'Lo put together the main event and zrusso put together Wolfe vs Angle)
Unread 11-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Hall of Fame

I must say that apart from some hiccups and Impact feeling to "crowded" at times TNA has really been on a roll since No Surrender, I really hope that this combined with true Hogan exposure and if they are smart increased marketing/branding expenditure will finally result in higher ratings/attendance/buyrates.
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Living Legend

Eisen, you're forgiven for not knowing much about TNA so I'll just correct you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen-verse View Post
With that being said, With a Tag Title
Two tag titles (TNA & IWGP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen-verse View Post
... A women's title...
Two women's titles (Knockouts, Knockout Tag)

And I would venture a guess that D'Lo only made suggestions for the main event because AJ, Daniels, and Joe are extremely familiar with each other and each of them is capable of putting together an excellent match. Also, does anyone think Russo knows more about putting a top tier match together than Angle and McGuinness?

No, I think the credit should go to the people who were in the match. I think both matches were called in-ring, given the skills of the people involved.
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Major League

TNA has the best in ring performers in the world right now, IMO.