Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Finish Line Ultimate Racing General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where do you fall on the "multi-car, multi-race at the same time" issue?
I think the game would be badly incomplete without, probably wouldn't buy. 35 36.84%
I think the game is fine as is, assuming the feature gets added later to this version. 60 63.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-30-2014, 02:28 PM

Sounds good! I'll do what I can to spread the word.
Unread 12-30-2014, 02:36 PM
GDS Developer

Thanks dtown! Word of mouth is still one of the most effective tools around for marketing anything, really. I'll definitely be counting on members here that like the game to help spread the word to various venues, forums, wherever.
Unread 12-30-2014, 08:38 PM
Rookie

I plan to stream FLUR when it comes out.
Unread 11-07-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero Firpo View Post
I understand Derek's dilemma here. While I'm sure he wants to include everything in the initial release, trying to do so can be a big mistake. When you're dealing with something as complex as auto racing, if you try to accommodate everyone's wishes you can easily end up doing everything poorly.

A perfect example of this is the initial release of FHM by OOTP. They tried to make a hockey sim that was all things to everyone and it ended up being a disaster where nothing was done well. They've alienated a large number of their customers and engendered a lot of ill-will. Hopefully they'll recover and the game will go on to be a success, but they certainly did themselves no favors.

I think Derek's approach of first getting a narrowly-focused core developed very well and then adding features in later additions is 100% the right strategy. Of course, the trick is deciding what features need to be in the core release. Is having the ability to have multiple drivers in a race a necessity, or is that an added complexity that can wait for a future release? Obviously there is a strong disagreement on that point.

There will always be another feature that somebody will think is essential, and ultimately Derek will need to decide where to draw the line. I wish him luck.
I almost always buy OOTP releases but I avoided FHM. Looked like a waste of time. I did buy FHM2. Looks like they used a whole lot of stuff from the BB game. At the least it is stable and if you dont look to closely the results are hockey like. It is the best hockey management game out there, but its a low bar
Unread 11-15-2016, 02:41 PM

Any news?
Unread 12-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Rookie

I was all excited by the title and thought.... oh cool a horse racing sim and was disappointed when saw it was a car racing game. Am a HUGE NASCAR fan so this would be cool too though.
Unread 01-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Well my thoughts are here:
If to enable multiple teams - then the best way is to have like multiple "championships" and/or "classes" and 1 team per "championship" or "class"

And if to enable multiple racers in championship - then it should be limited by the rules of the certain championship - like for example 2+1 (2 main drivers and 1 extra (if a main driver can't drive then extra comes in that driver place))
Unread 10-01-2017, 01:37 AM

First release jsut needs to feel like a solid, logical racing sim. Needs to feel like there is some depth and that the game can grow.

I just don't want it to feel like a phone app, but a real sim that will grow to the OOTP and FM size.