Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-29-2018, 01:21 PM
Low Minors

Default Using Pre-Booking to See how a wrestler feels about putting somebody over...

So lets say I'm booking up to a match I have yet to do anywhere in the game, Two big icons of my promotion, I get to the PPV, and my goal from day one was to have the younger guy win.......Other guy refuses, so I add for him to look strong....nope, add a run in...nope.

My suggestion is to book the winner in the pre book, where you will either get an instant notification, or an e-mail from the wrestler(s) saying "Wow boss, Thanks for putting me over that guy, I won't let you down." to getting message saying "Yea, I have creative control, that isn't going to fly."

This could also lead to you pre booking this match at the beginning of the month for your last sunday event and you have to negotiate with a wrestler of lesser attitude through the month while leading up to the event.

So if you have a Hogan, you can throw money at him, you can bribe him with other things through the month to get him to agree to drop the title to somebody like Sting.

Promises could range from
- Guaranteed Money
- Getting the Title Back in X Amount of time
- A bonus for the event/future events
- Pushing his friends
- Other things.
Unread 02-06-2018, 01:50 AM
All Star

I like this... I had a very strong feud (89 heat) between Kevin Nash and Booker T, and when Starrcade came around, Nash refused to lose. So... I had to reverse the result, and "pretend" that Booker won the match and the feud. Kinda sucked.
Unread 03-07-2018, 03:37 PM

I was just thinking this. I had Ken Shamrock put over D'Lo Brown and he was upset about that, but my plans for him after were to work programs with Owen Hart and HBK, who are super over atm. So maybe the opportunity to promise him a program with an over guy could be one of the things you suggest. You could even leave the option of promising him something and if you don't follow thru on it, he gets really pissed. Like in the NCAA football games when you recruited a player you could promise him he'd get a lot of playing time, but if you didn't play him enough that year he'd transfer to another school after the season.
Unread 03-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Hall of Fame

I think at least being able to book the match/notes through pre booking first would help this, and slightly speed things up as well.
Unread 03-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Major League

And how about to gauge attendance numbers?

Next best thing to having to pre book to get the attendance up like in the past. Maybe i tweak cards around to get a nice looking number and plan towards it. With that said, Iím a fan of pre booking an area...All of this is optional of course.
Unread 03-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Rookie

Lots of good stuff here. But how do you deal with changes over time. You can book a year in advance. I can prebook my Mania 13 main event and Shawn is happy to put Bret over but stuff happens and Bret drops in pop and isn't even a main-eventer when it comes around.

Could you still pre-book a year in advance but not book the full match details until a month?

Love the bit about making it clear to a guy he's losing this but you've got big plans for him. I've had people annoyed about droping secondary titles and I'm like "dude, you're going up the card after this, chill."
Unread 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Minor League

I like this idea. In real life you wouldn't have to wait until the show to see if someone will object to putting someone over.
Unread 03-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Rookie

How about, even if you don't have the capability of putting the finish in pre-booking, by using it, you may get feedback from either of the wrestlers, one of the wrestler's friends/allies, road agents, etc., feedback about who "should" win (from their perspective?

St.T
Unread 03-24-2018, 11:25 PM
Super Star

I think the basic idea of talking to workers a fair way out has merit, not sure how easy it is to program though.

Realistically we all know that the bookers are letting people know at least the gist of what they are doing a fair way out from things. The people involved in matches know roughly how long they have for the match, what the general intention is etc. The final result may be open at this point to allow for changes as we near the day but in general terms most of them know what the general plan is. It would be at this point that say Brock Lesnar might say that he would prefer to put someone else over than Reigns if he thought they would get a really negative reaction to the match. So that's the basic pre-booking idea at work.

I know how annoying weird reactions can be. I have a fed from the Nov 17 draft and it had Ronda Rousey & Brock Lesnar as a team. They needed to lose the Balance (Mixed tag) titles before she left the next day to go train for a MMA fight so I had her do a Kayfabe injury angle and lose in the match. At that point she and Brock were way over and she got angry. Now there was no realistic way to get that belt off her without her getting angry but in the real world she would agree without a question because she was being protected by not losing cleanly. Had I known for sure I would have booked them differently for a month before that to cool them right down to try to make her less snippy about putting someone over.

In general it would be good if there were a few more ways to interact with talent.