Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-14-2018, 03:54 PM
Phenom

Default possible interactive dynasty

Guys, I have the itch to try a TEW dynasty again. I know, I know, I've never completed one, not even close. But I have an idea that I think I could be able to stick with. A promotion that is ran like European soccer (promotion/demotion), etc. What I'm looking at is 20 singles wrestlers, 16 tag teams, and 16 women's wrestlers, broken down into 2 divisions each. 10 singles wrestlers in each division, 8 womens, 8 tag teams, and so on. I'm looking at doing this as a real world dynasty and I'm looking to have you guys help pick the initial group of wrestlers.

Granted, I haven't really thought this through, and it's probably an idea that won't even come close to working the way I want, but would anybody have even an inkling of interest in participating and choosing some wrestlers? Or should I just handle it myself? At this point I'm just running ideas through my head, but if anybody would be interested, let me know.

I just don't have the creative juices to have storyline based fed, so I want to do something that involves mostly rankings, tournaments, where I can just do dice rolls to decide the winners and it will be 100% completely random. I'm also open to any other ideas anybody has to get me started.
Unread 09-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Super Star

The easiest way with singles is nationality. It adds that world cup style thinking to things. It also allows you to search by nationality and whatever criteria you would like and select who best fits your vision.

There are some decent rarely used gems in those mods too.

I think the sports league style idea is good though as it means all matches have meaning.
Unread 09-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
The easiest way with singles is nationality. It adds that world cup style thinking to things. It also allows you to search by nationality and whatever criteria you would like and select who best fits your vision.

There are some decent rarely used gems in those mods too.

I think the sports league style idea is good though as it means all matches have meaning.
I like where you're going with this. I sent you a PM for more information.
Unread 09-15-2018, 12:21 AM
Living Legend

I think it is a cool concept.

Taking alpha2117's post one step further. You could have teams and still have tournaments for singles, tag, women's under World Cup rules. All you would have to do is put a national team together that is made up of representatives for each division.

So team USA could be (just an example):

Men's Singles Wrestler: Eddie Edwards
Tag Team: The Hardys
Women's Singles Wrestler: Charlotte Flair

If any member of Team USA were to win a match in their respective division it could count towards winning their division. It would also count towards the overall Team USA score. Think of it along the lines of how we keep track of medals won during the Olympics.

When it comes to deciding who win matches, people in the past of done it via reader's votes. Whatever wrestler (or wrestler's in the case of a tag team) received the most votes by the readers would be awarded the victory.

Also, you do not need to follow that formula for every match (obviously if the reader's choose every match then they will know the outcome of your shows beforehand). You could just select three matches on the card where the reader's decide the winner's via popular vote and then the rest of the card can be decided by you and whatever method you choose to use.
Unread 09-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Phenom

I like it. That can be the Interactive part, if I can get enough people to vote, as I'm going to try to run 2-3 shows a week. At the very least 2.

I think I pretty much have it all figured out. I will use the most current real world mod. I will announce the format tomorrow. This will be a season thing, pretty much. Stay tuned.