Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Rookie

Epico's post-mania twitter rant:

Can you believe this @LaRosaMendes ? Every single WWE title was on The Wrestlemania PPV. But the WWE tag champs get the Pre-show

I thought this was WRESTLEmania.... Not CONCERTmania... Who did Flo-rida and that MGK beat??? I guess they beat the tag champs

Not only the tag champs get left out of wrestlemania... We weren't even on Raw and it looks like we won't be on smackdown either...

@Rygaux and since when is Flo-rida, MGK and that menounos chick relevant to a wrestlemania????

Dude's got a point but he better keep his mouth shut or there won't be any tag teams in WWE.
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
Epico's post-mania twitter rant:

Can you believe this @LaRosaMendes ? Every single WWE title was on The Wrestlemania PPV. But the WWE tag champs get the Pre-show

I thought this was WRESTLEmania.... Not CONCERTmania... Who did Flo-rida and that MGK beat??? I guess they beat the tag champs

Not only the tag champs get left out of wrestlemania... We weren't even on Raw and it looks like we won't be on smackdown either...

@Rygaux and since when is Flo-rida, MGK and that menounos chick relevant to a wrestlemania????

Dude's got a point but he better keep his mouth shut or there won't be any tag teams in WWE.
Last thing I read about this was that it was part of WWE's thing to do more storylines via social media, so I don't know if I would take it all that seriously or not.
Unread 04-07-2012, 11:44 AM
All Star

Laurinaitis being the ass kisser that he is, and keeping his work as an executive was already bad...but will he be leading the 2 shows for a long time? Cause that is a disaster.
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels 82 View Post
Laurinaitis being the ass kisser that he is, and keeping his work as an executive was already bad...but will he be leading the 2 shows for a long time? Cause that is a disaster.
Since they're keeping Teddy Long around, chances are he won't be permanent. That said, Laurinitis has grown on me and he feels much much more fresh than Teddy Long at this point, who has been doing the same basic stuff forever (or at least it feels like).
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:31 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels 82 View Post
Agreed. Johnny was pretty good to watch as a talent. But as an on-screen executive, he's strictly stock. There isn't enough to him to put the energy into in-character hating him. That why I wanted Team Teddy to win at Wrestlemania. Love the guy or hate him, there's substance to Teddy's character. You could have a Jeff Raitz or a Steve Simpson or some other half-remembered indy guy from 20 years in his role and it would be just the same as Laurinaitis as far as how he projects himself. For a company that's supposed to be all about entertainment, they sure swung this match in favor of the less entertaining choice.
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
Since they're keeping Teddy Long around, chances are he won't be permanent. That said, Laurinitis has grown on me and he feels much much more fresh than Teddy Long at this point, who has been doing the same basic stuff forever (or at least it feels like).
/nod, I agree. Plus the size of Laurinitis could be used to "intimidate" smaller worker's or even female characters. Just thinking he's a good choice.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Teddy, always have.. For years, and I mean years. I've always liked him, just seems to be a guy interested in helping people (not that I know this, just comes off that way to me). On camera, for instance, I've always felt he gives his best for whomever he is against/for, in his role. Treats them as if they are important, no matter what level of the card they are on. Other's that have come and gone I haven't had that same feeling with... Even other wrestler's. Teddy treats them, no matter if they are a tag team starting up, or main eventers... He gives it the same amount of "work". I'm not saying he's "great" at it, just that he makes me believe "everything" is important, which is what I feel is needed on any of the "B" shows (for example).

Laurinitis looks like he could probably go again, if needed. He looks like he can fill Vince's shoes somewhat. He looks like he could have a feud with someone in the lower card and shoot them into the Main Event, if needed. If only he could speak a bit more aggressively.
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:40 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapa42 View Post
That said, Laurinitis has grown on me and he feels much much more fresh than Teddy Long at this point, who has been doing the same basic stuff forever (or at least it feels like).
100% agree. I'm sick of Teddy. Not that I have anything against him personally, but you can only hear "holla holla", "playa", and "tag team match" so many times.
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:46 PM

I like Teddy purely for memes' sake. Whether its announcing a tag team main event or a one-on-one match with "The Undertaka!~" cause that's what we know him best for. I wouldn't choose him to manage both brands though, I'd feel more comfortable with Johnny which I've grown into. I think revisiting the dynamic of a heel authority could be very interesting, and could help build certain babyfaces.. God knows there's a need of some bankable ones.
Unread 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Black Phenom View Post
I like Teddy purely for memes' sake. Whether its announcing a tag team main event or a one-on-one match with "The Undertaka!~" cause that's what we know him best for. I wouldn't choose him to manage both brands though, I'd feel more comfortable with Johnny which I've grown into. I think revisiting the dynamic of a heel authority could be very interesting, and could help build certain babyfaces.. God knows there's a need of some bankable ones.
Basically... Teddy's good to build heels with, but you need a heel GM to build up faces with.

A good heel can help build a good face, and the opposite is true as well... but with an authority figure, a face GM doesn't do much to promote a good guy, as they are going to side with the good guy (or should). A heel authority, can manipulate results, make it hard on a face, and make them lose, thus making it hard on them and it gives the fans a reason to support them.

Basically.
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthefunkchris View Post
Basically... Teddy's good to build heels with, but you need a heel GM to build up faces with.

A good heel can help build a good face, and the opposite is true as well... but with an authority figure, a face GM doesn't do much to promote a good guy, as they are going to side with the good guy (or should). A heel authority, can manipulate results, make it hard on a face, and make them lose, thus making it hard on them and it gives the fans a reason to support them.

Basically.
No disagreeing there. And i like Teddy, but i also think it's time for a change. I wouldn't mind seeing him around as a manager. But i just don't want that change to be Laurinaitis. I don't hate him enough. At the end of the day, he seems too bland for the important heel part he has to play. I think Reagal was a good heel gm. They could go with that. Anything but Johnny!

Edit: "You know how much you've got to suck to be cut off the Canadian football league?" Damn, The Rock truly rules. I lmao with that one. Is he staying only until WM29? Hope he remains after that.
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
Agreed. Johnny was pretty good to watch as a talent. But as an on-screen executive, he's strictly stock. There isn't enough to him to put the energy into in-character hating him. That why I wanted Team Teddy to win at Wrestlemania. Love the guy or hate him, there's substance to Teddy's character.
No there's not. Seriously, I don't think there is anyone with less substance to them than Teddy. He had to go, He's been around for ages and his act is so very tired. Johnny may not be the greatest guy around (far from it) but at least he's not Teddy. I'm fine with him being the evil middle manager who somehow found his way to the top so long as he isn't in that position for the next 8 years without evolving.
Unread 04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHamster View Post
. I'm fine with him being the evil middle manager who somehow found his way to the top so long as he isn't in that position for the next 8 years without evolving.
And him being in charge is about to chase me away for another 12 or 18 months as dreadfully boring as he is. Any schlemiel off the street could play Johnny's part and do it with the energy he brings to it.
Unread 04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Major League

I'm always off and on with Johnny. I think as long as there is someone on camera with him, then he's fine. His dialogue with the other characters can be entertaining.

I'm sick of Teddy. And I hope this is just a way to get him off out of the GM role, and reintroduce a new person into the spot. Not sure who, let's see... NASH.
Unread 04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
All Star

I'm sorry, but i tend to think that the WWE creatives are asses, and they keep justifying this. Sheamus is suposed to be presented as a dominant face champ, (to the point where they f****** burried D-Bry...) but i only see him brogue kicking people who turned their back on him. Like Bryan on WM, and Del Rio on Raw. This is not a valid way of presenting a dominant champ. And to think that they burried Bryan like that... I knew that they would eventually screw him somehow. And despite the fans reaction and support to Bryan, they'll just try do put their agenda ahead. It's what the WWE always does.

Last edited by shawn michaels : 04-07-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Unread 04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyboy View Post
And him being in charge is about to chase me away for another 12 or 18 months as dreadfully boring as he is. Any schlemiel off the street could play Johnny's part and do it with the energy he brings to it.
Whereas only a true artist could do Teddy's job? Come on, they both blow. Johnny is the fresher of two evils but I agree about the energy (or lack of) he brings. I too would rather see someone good in the role though but this is WWE. If they get 10% of their decisions right they are batting above their average.