Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-18-2012, 03:23 AM

So I recently started 7 different games, each starting from a different game area. In my European or VWA game I've decided to have the company operate with a "contract" that goes much like RoH's code of honor. In line with that one of the tenants of the Victory Contract being the promotion's no alliances or tag teams rule. With the exception of a tag team tournament that is supposed to be held every October. Of course this would mean I wouldn't have any experienced tag teams running around come tournament time. As such I figured it would be smart to hire at least two experienced teams ahead of time for said event. And two months in already lost one of said teams.

Despite being openers the Agents are probably the happiest guys on my roster. No idea why, probably because they autopushed into the Lower Midcards after they were each squashed, but I won't complain. Then comes the Party Animals. After my first event, Trance overdoses. Surviving with stats that are just awful and a good chance he'll be a repeat offender after being yelled at in his drug addled state. Which leads to the strange thing. The locker room morale seems to be affected both positively and negatively on his OD. Either half the people working for me hate the guy, or half are just jerks.
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Minor League

In my TCW game (currently in 2012) I noticed that Sean McFly hadn't resigned with NOTBPW, and had instead taken a tour of Japan for BHOTWG. His tour wasn't too impressive, loosing more than winning, but considering his popularity in Japan that wasn't a surprise.

What was a surprise was what happened after the tour: He signed with CGC, instead of returning to NOTBPW. I'm not sure why either...he has no negtive relationships with anyone in the company, and NOTBPW is beating out CGC in every respect (NOTBPW is International with 90 prestige, whereas CGC is National with about 85 prestige.)

In the 4 months he's been with CGC, he's only lost one match (his debut against Alex DeColt) and has managed to get their show average up from B- to B+ on a fairly consistent basis.

Should be interesting to see where it goes.
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Low Minors

Not sure if this counts, but playing an Effganic game, a new worker has been generated. His name?

Lance Storm. :P
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:18 PM
All Star

Playing the Effganic mod, 2 deaths via rogue golf ball in the first year. One of the incidents was before even my first show and any random gens had been created.
Unread 02-04-2012, 11:35 AM
All Star

Eisaku Kunomasu broke his wrist due to a freak injury in a library, wonder what book he was trying to pick up
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKid View Post
Eisaku Kunomasu broke his wrist due to a freak injury in a library, wonder what book he was trying to pick up
He was trying to steal their encyclopedia, I just know it.
Unread 02-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Anyone ever paired Eddie Howard with Damian Carvill and gotten fantastic chemistry?

Or Kathleen Lee managing Roxy Kitten?

*trollface*
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Phenom

Sam Keith just lost the TCW World title. In February 2021. Sam Keith is 60.

I've never seen an active (or semi-active) wrestler last to that age, let alone win a World title and keep it for 14 months like he did. Granted, he's the Head Booker, but still. And I thought it was impressive when he held the title for a year at aged 53-54...

If that's not strange enough, he lost the title to Super Lucha Scott, aka Big Smack Scott, who's now 79% of the way to the HOI.
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Minor League

Brent Hill retires at 39 in February 2010.
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Phenom

I posted this other places, but I strapped California Love Machine with a Ninja gimmick... A*!

It seems to almost always work out great for him. If you really need a ninja, look no further.
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Super Star

As a side game to our long running multiplayer game I'm using the 1997 data, playing as WCW...

A January '98 taping of WCW Saturday Night ends with Goldberg spearing Curt Hennig and leaving him down and out in the ring (building to their big match)

After the show, Curt Hennig ODs and dies (too many pain killers?)

three days later at Nitro...Goldberg organizes...then wins...a video game tournament...

creepy

Unread 02-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Sam Keith just lost the TCW World title. In February 2021. Sam Keith is 60.

I've never seen an active (or semi-active) wrestler last to that age, let alone win a World title and keep it for 14 months like he did. Granted, he's the Head Booker, but still. And I thought it was impressive when he held the title for a year at aged 53-54...

If that's not strange enough, he lost the title to Super Lucha Scott, aka Big Smack Scott, who's now 79% of the way to the HOI.
Upload this save.

Now.

Seriously, Ryland can wait 9 more years for the next TEW game just to make this canon.
Unread 02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKnifed72 View Post
As a side game to our long running multiplayer game I'm using the 1997 data, playing as WCW...

A January '98 taping of WCW Saturday Night ends with Goldberg spearing Curt Hennig and leaving him down and out in the ring (building to their big match)

After the show, Curt Hennig ODs and dies (too many pain killers?)

three days later at Nitro...Goldberg organizes...then wins...a video game tournament...

creepy

A month later, The Booty Man (Brutus Beefcake) & Norman Smiley team up as comedy team...The Rumpshakerz...they lose to The Outsiders when Scott Hall pins Beefcake after a Razor's Edge...

...Beefcake suffers a broken neck and is out for 13 months

Think I'm gonna walk away, before I kill the entire WCW roster

Unread 02-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Low Minors

[All this is pretty pointless but I want to write it anyway]

Okay I'm playing in a 2006 WWE Mod. I added ECW and the title scene began to get stale. With RVD as ECW champion since Mania (Now in June) I decided to bring in new people. Bischoff started a superstar initiative to implement new superstars.
I had just signed Christian from TNA and he was about to debut to accept RVD's challenge but at the last minute I removed him from the booking and replaced him with Kurt Angle who was lost in the shuffle on Smackdown. So after accepts RVD's challenge he has his first match on ECW against R-Truth winning.

The following day R-Truth gets injured with the injury of Mental Institutionalization (5 months and 3 Weeks).
I just found it funny that out of all the injuries R-Truth gets the most fitting one (due to his crazy antics in the Summer of 2011)

I know only the last three sentences were really needed but I've been thinking about writing a Diary.

Last edited by Jeff-Davis : 02-17-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Sentence
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Phenom

Okay, just had something totally hilarious happen in my Real World '87 mod.

Nick Bockwinkel took Brian Knobbs under his wing as a protegee.

This is still early in Knobbs career so maybe Bockwinkel can teach Knobbs some class.