Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_H22 View Post
How do i remove a preset narrative in a game I have already started?

I am playing the Montreal Prelude mod and HBK is due to retire soon. I also want to cancel WCW and ECW going bust
In the in-game editor. Options > Edit Data > Narratives. You can't delete them, but you can set it to a different year.
Unread 01-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Low Minors

what would be a good touring schedule i'm making a Japanese style promotion in America and trying to figure out a good schedule
Unread 01-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels 82 View Post
Yes, but the more you gain the harder it becomes to gain. I don't know how one is affected exactly by economy/industry if they have a product set to not be rocked by changes. That's actually a pertinent question.
So the issue seems to have resolved itself. I've gone from gaining a point every 4-5 shows to gaining a point every 2 shows. There are two possible explanations for this.

1) The Wrestling Industry got out of the toilet. Even a jump from 1-30 seemed to have a tangible effect on how quickly I gained points.
(Reminder, my product is not rocked by industry changes)

2) At the same time the economy recovered. My little company doesn't have enough income to match the production values of my rivals, but once I started making more money I was able to at least mitigate this by raising my production a little. Obviously my show ratings went up a bit, but my shows were already good enough to gain me popularity. So do production penalties only have an effect on show rating or can they directly affect pop gains?
Unread 01-13-2018, 07:47 PM
Rookie

Im using the post screw job mod and Iím currently IWRG. Iím looking to bring in talent not normally available to me from areas like japan and Europe. Iíve never really played around with alliances and working agreement relationships as Iím more on an island to myself but Iím trying something different this game. I guess Iím just looking to see what you guys have to say about the pros and or cons of your experience with either
Unread 01-13-2018, 10:52 PM
Major League

So, I have a strange problem Iíve never encountered before... Iím playing as ECW in June 1998 and itís my first time playing a Performance over Popularity promotion (not that Iím sure this is the reason for my issue, but thought I might mention it).

Anyway, I set RVD as my Figurehead, even though heís not the top guy, I figured in the year it takes him to be established Iíd build him up to the top guy. But in two months of playing I canít get him to raise his Pop AT ALL. Heís putting on good matches, shoots an 80ish promo rated Entertainment every week, but all heís done is lost 5 pop in the first month after eating a loss, and has been unable to gain a single skerrick.

Maybe itís because heís a Figurehead and heís still a heel? Is that an issue? Iíve never had this happen before, usually guys with good entertainment just put on pop at such a rapid pace from good angles alone, but this guy is putting on great matches too. And surely heís not at his popularity cap, seeing as heís only about a 44 (started at 49).

Any thoughts??
Unread 01-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nickman View Post
So, I have a strange problem Iíve never encountered before... Iím playing as ECW in June 1998 and itís my first time playing a Performance over Popularity promotion (not that Iím sure this is the reason for my issue, but thought I might mention it).

Anyway, I set RVD as my Figurehead, even though heís not the top guy, I figured in the year it takes him to be established Iíd build him up to the top guy. But in two months of playing I canít get him to raise his Pop AT ALL. Heís putting on good matches, shoots an 80ish promo rated Entertainment every week, but all heís done is lost 5 pop in the first month after eating a loss, and has been unable to gain a single skerrick.

Maybe itís because heís a Figurehead and heís still a heel? Is that an issue? Iíve never had this happen before, usually guys with good entertainment just put on pop at such a rapid pace from good angles alone, but this guy is putting on great matches too. And surely heís not at his popularity cap, seeing as heís only about a 44 (started at 49).

Any thoughts??
I know that is considered an issue. Also, popularity seems to fluctuate given the crowd you have on your roster. I struggled making a FH even though I had a year to work on it because he other workers kept gaining popularity faster. I was making progress, but not as much as the rest of my ME workers. Which was a problem since the FH is supposed to be the shiniest jewel so to speak.
Unread 01-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Low Minors

Default Low Rank Titles

I have an issue with low ranking titles.
I added one (actually bought one from a defunct fed) because it sounds fun/neat.
Something to have my lower midcard and openers kick around until they are ready for higher up the card. (Perf > Pop)
But every time I have someone win the low ranking title they get higher popularity and want to get moved to midcard (or higher).
Good, that was sort of the point of the belt.
But then I have to get the belt off of them to give to the next young lion/old-aged veteran. Someone in the lower midcard that the title is desinged for (it is lower rank title).
But the current title holder(s) never wants to lose to someone less popular.
How do I anchor the title to the lower midcard status it was designed for?
Unread 01-14-2018, 10:35 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRock View Post
I have an issue with low ranking titles.
I added one (actually bought one from a defunct fed) because it sounds fun/neat.
Something to have my lower midcard and openers kick around until they are ready for higher up the card. (Perf > Pop)
But every time I have someone win the low ranking title they get higher popularity and want to get moved to midcard (or higher).
Good, that was sort of the point of the belt.
But then I have to get the belt off of them to give to the next young lion/old-aged veteran. Someone in the lower midcard that the title is desinged for (it is lower rank title).
There are a few ways of doing it. One is vacating it, but that's a last resort. The other one is making him lose to someone more willing to put others over, someone who is next to his overness level. You can always put the title as floating, although that part won't probably help with guys that don't wanna lose to others much less over. And so on. They key here is finding the right person to put the title on and then take it down to the workers you want. If all else fails, start a new reign yourself and go the Pat Patterson route, with the Brazil tournament. You can simulate it as having been lost in a house show this way.
Unread 01-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Super Star

Quote:
There is a way to do this. I don't think it's intended, but it's a workaround.

Put Keep Strong or Protect on the loser. Put Protect on the winner. Protect on the winner will lower his possible popularity gain. I did a test on this a while ago and I don't remember the specifics, but it works quite well. Also, you only get dinged for booking decisions once.
Unread 01-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
There are a few ways of doing it. One is vacating it, but that's a last resort. The other one is making him lose to someone more willing to put others over, someone who is next to his overness level. You can always put the title as floating, although that part won't probably help with guys that don't wanna lose to others much less over. And so on. They key here is finding the right person to put the title on and then take it down to the workers you want. If all else fails, start a new reign yourself and go the Pat Patterson route, with the Brazil tournament. You can simulate it as having been lost in a house show this way.
Thanks! The last title I put as floating is now a second ME title. It's still technically "floating" but it's prestige rating is as high as my ME title.

... so probably not going to do that again.
Unread 01-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
There is a way to do this. I don't think it's intended, but it's a workaround.

Put Keep Strong or Protect on the loser. Put Protect on the winner. Protect on the winner will lower his possible popularity gain. I did a test on this a while ago and I don't remember the specifics, but it works quite well. Also, you only get dinged for booking decisions once.
Wow, cool idea. Thanks.
Unread 01-14-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
One thing that I've done is have a 3 or 4 person match with the winner of the belt and the loser not involve the champion at all. I used the Keep Strong on the champ and it (to my mind) is one of those times when the champ says he only has a 1 in 3 chance of keeping the title, it comes true. The Angel/Jericho/Benoit title matches where Angel lost both titles to both Chris' without being involved in either fall was on my mind when Scythe moved into the Upper Mid Card and held 2 lower titles.

I've also had a new feud setup for the champ to start and have that guy interfere with the match allowing the champ to move on to another storyline while letting my new champ have new challenges to face.
Unread 01-14-2018, 02:59 PM
Major League

Quote:
I know that is considered an issue. Also, popularity seems to fluctuate given the crowd you have on your roster. I struggled making a FH even though I had a year to work on it because he other workers kept gaining popularity faster. I was making progress, but not as much as the rest of my ME workers. Which was a problem since the FH is supposed to be the shiniest jewel so to speak.
So am I better off removing RVD as the figurehead until he's the most popular and then reinstating it?? Or alternatively should I turn him face immediately and keep the FH on him?

I've honestly never had this problem before because I think my FH has always been a Face AND the most popular guy.
Unread 01-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Low Minors

How important is star quality and does it improve
Unread 01-14-2018, 03:17 PM

If you were to start a two player game by yourself and wanted two companies to work together side-by-side, is there a way to book crossover shows? Basically I want to play as both 4C and ACPW, not looking to make ACPW a developmental but to form an alliance and have several yearly events where both feds send their best workers to battle for bragging rights. Would I have to do alliance loans or is there an easier way if I control both companies?