Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Watched Spider-Man: Far From Home this evening. Loved it. Not as much as Homecoming or Into The Spider-Verse, but still a fun ride.
I too enjoyed it. I'd probably put it in my top 6-7 MCU movies.
Unread 11-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
I too enjoyed it. I'd probably put it in my top 6-7 MCU movies.
I haven't even seen that many (maybe around 7 if you count the first spiderman/xmen movies). Once you imdb it it's crazy how many have been released in so few years. I hope DC follows suit as I love that universe far more than Marvel, where I basically only like X-men (but they kinda destroyed that franchise).
Unread 11-06-2019, 10:27 AM
Major League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I haven't even seen that many (maybe around 7 if you count the first spiderman/xmen movies). Once you imdb it it's crazy how many have been released in so few years. I hope DC follows suit as I love that universe far more than Marvel, where I basically only like X-men (but they kinda destroyed that franchise).
Just throwing it out there in case you aren't super in the loop, but with the exception of the latest 2 Spider-Man movies (Homecoming and Far from Home), all the Spiderman, X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four are all not MCU movies.

The MCU "only" contains Iron Man, Thor, Avengers, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Captain Marvel...(and maybe a few I'm forgetting...)

I mention this only to say that you can't put all the Marvel movies in the same basket or view them through the same lens. I think the MCU has done a great job overall building the Marvel mythology and blending it together. Certainly some movies are better than others...but as a unified whole, the MCU did a much better job than Fox with X-Men or the DC properties world building in a cohesive way.

Last edited by RingRider : 11-06-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I forgot some movie titles...
Unread 11-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Living Legend

Itís a shame we wonít get to see Morbius and Blade together
Unread 11-06-2019, 02:06 PM
Major League

Quote:
Itís a shame we wonít get to see Morbius and Blade together
I know Blade is being done by the MCU with Marshela Ali set to take the title role, but what's going on with Morbius? Is he part of the Fox Venom/Spider-verse?
Unread 11-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post
I know Blade is being done by the MCU with Marshela Ali set to take the title role, but what's going on with Morbius? Is he part of the Fox Venom/Spider-verse?
Sony, not Fox. He's being played by Jared Leto.
Unread 11-18-2019, 10:50 PM
Living Legend

Thanks to Disney+ I was able to watch one of my childhood favorites, A Goofy Movie. Just as heartfelt and funny as it was when I was a kid. Hits even harder now that my dad is no longer alive.

Thought about watching the OG Lion King, but that made me cry before I lost my dad. Not sure I can handle it now.
Unread 11-19-2019, 01:59 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Sony, not Fox. He's being played by Jared Leto.
I would say that I am happy about that only because it means he might not come back as the Joker. But I read he is still coming back as the Joker.

Quote:
Watched Spider-Man: Far From Home this evening. Loved it. Not as much as Homecoming or Into The Spider-Verse, but still a fun ride.
I really dislike the guy they have playing Spider-Man. I just find him to be very annoying. Everyone is telling me to check out the two Spider-Man movies but I just cannot bring myself to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I have read, and this might have changed, that after the JL movie that DC movies are now going to be more standalone and they will not be connected. Like I said this could have changed since I read it, but the Joker movie did fantastic and that was a standalone so I could see them going that way for their next wave of movies.
Unread 11-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Thanks to Disney+ I was able to watch one of my childhood favorites, A Goofy Movie. Just as heartfelt and funny as it was when I was a kid. Hits even harder now that my dad is no longer alive.

Thought about watching the OG Lion King, but that made me cry before I lost my dad. Not sure I can handle it now.
Both those movies crushed me as a kid. 90s Disney did not pull punches. I can't imagine what it feels like watching with the context you did. My condolences for your loss.
Unread 11-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swanton825 View Post
Both those movies crushed me as a kid. 90s Disney did not pull punches. I can't imagine what it feels like watching with the context you did. My condolences for your loss.
Thanks man.

I just finished Joker. Phenomenal movie. Phoenix is now my third favorite Joker behind Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger. Cesar Romero is at number four while Jack Nicholson is at number five.
Unread 11-30-2019, 02:38 AM
Living Legend

I thought the whole failure of Charlie's Angels reboot was funny. Elizabeth Banks tells men to stay away from watching the movie as it is not for us. Then when the movie fails she blames men for not going to see the movie.

What kind of ass backwards logic is that?

There are plenty of business that treat their fans like crap. You see it in comic books all of the time. You will have writers (It always seems to be writers, not artist for some reasons) who will go out of their way to insult customers, but then the same writer will complain about not having enough money for medical bills.

It is a simple thing, if you want people to buy your stuff you do not treat them like crap or tell them you don't want their money because something is not for them.
Unread 12-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Living Legend

I saw the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer and it looks like it is going to be awesome. Also, the fact that they played Blue Monday as the backing track gave the trailer just another layer of awesomeness.

Black Window's trailer looked good as well and it will be cool what they can do with that movie. I looks like it might be a good spy thriller/action movie.