Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > The Dog Pound
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-04-2019, 04:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysin View Post
Smackdown was a good show. Probably the best Smackdown in quite awhile. Too bad it’ll probably go back to a suckfest next week.

With so much quality wrestling every week it’s hard to keep up with Raw and Smackdown when they’re subpar programming.
European tour starts in a few days so it'll probably be SD invading Raw then phoned-in shows until they get back. I hope I'm wrong.
Unread 11-04-2019, 06:08 AM
Minor League

Not a big fan of the NXT invasion leading into Takover because i thought Shayna was in the middle of a feud with Rhea and Dakota Kai? But now theyre working together i guess which makes me not keen to watch their takeover match
Unread 11-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Living Legend

Watching Raw, Dio made a One Piece reference during Kabuki Warriors vs Charlotte and Nattie.

I knew I liked him for a reason

*edit*
Jerry Lawler is freaking awful. Why does he have a job?

Last edited by Jaysin : 11-05-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Unread 11-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Living Legend

Watching NXT. I can’t believe Damien Priest has grown on me. I despised him in ROH.

Angel Garza could potentially be WWE’s next big star.

Last edited by Jaysin : 11-07-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Unread 11-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Rookie

- NXT getting the main roster 3rd brand treatment. Styles on NXT is something I never thought would happen.
- Dunne vs Priest was great.
- Conti vs Santana was solid.
- Dakota vs Shayna was good. The leg work made me cringe (in a good way). Poor Dakota. Yim going ham with the kendo stick was fun.
- Nese vs Garza was great. The pants powerbomb spot was comedy genius.
- Swerve vs Dijakovic was great.
- The OC vs Ciampa, Riddle & Lee was great. Sick ref bump. Good pops for Finn and Cole.

I wasn't expecting much from this show but all of the important matches delivered.
Unread 11-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Living Legend

Man the Wednesday Night Wars are producing the best wrestling in North America in years.

The Finn/AJ moment was bad ass.
Unread 11-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Living Legend

Sin Cara asked for his release. Hopefully they grant it.
Unread 11-14-2019, 09:14 AM
Minor League

Man, why is it that most wrestling companies never get sick of doing faction wars? It's already occupying all the major brands with the SvS build, can't they at least keep that stuff out of NXT UK? Really not into this Imperium vs Gallus feud. Ilja Dragunov being the only face in this whole story certainly doesn't help. :/
Unread 11-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Rookie

- Garza vs Rush (c) was a great.
- Xia Li vs Aaliyah was OK.
- I'm enjoying the War Games build. Riddle is a good replacement for Gargano against Balor. Lee vs Strong vs great.
- Swerve vs Reed was solid.
- Priest/Dain/Dunne brawl was fun.
- Yim vs Io ladder match was great. Do they normally have 3 referees for these matches? Credit to Mia for finishing and taking another huge bump with a busted nose. I was wondering which show Kay Lee Ray would turn up on. I thought Dakota might go rogue and grab the briefcase for herself LOL. Bayley finally getting one over Shayna on NXT was perfect.

It's pretty stupid having War Games the day before Survivor Series with some of the NXT talent having to pull double duty.
Unread 11-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamber View Post
- Garza vs Rush (c) was a great.
- Xia Li vs Aaliyah was OK.
- I'm enjoying the War Games build. Riddle is a good replacement for Gargano against Balor. Lee vs Strong vs great.
- Swerve vs Reed was solid.
- Priest/Dain/Dunne brawl was fun.
- Yim vs Io ladder match was great. Do they normally have 3 referees for these matches? Credit to Mia for finishing and taking another huge bump with a busted nose. I was wondering which show Kay Lee Ray would turn up on. I thought Dakota might go rogue and grab the briefcase for herself LOL. Bayley finally getting one over Shayna on NXT was perfect.

It's pretty stupid having War Games the day before Survivor Series with some of the NXT talent having to pull double duty.
Logically War Games would be perfect FOR Survivor Series, wouldn't it?
Unread 11-15-2019, 09:09 AM
Rookie

Unread 11-15-2019, 09:49 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocke View Post
Man, why is it that most wrestling companies never get sick of doing faction wars? It's already occupying all the major brands with the SvS build, can't they at least keep that stuff out of NXT UK?
Too bad the WWE games don't follow suit. I'm not really watching anymore, but based on the youtube tidbits they are doing the same "Invasion" angles every year. That does sound boring, even if NXT is involved now. Sometimes there doesn't even seem to be a pop when people 'invade' from ringside. Maybe they should go for a "Best vs Best" angle next year where there's qualification matches, and fill it up with crossbrand grudge matches. You can have the title defenses headline the weekly shows.

But as talent seems to be poppin' up at the other show often, what does it really mean anyway?
Unread 11-16-2019, 04:42 AM
Rookie

The best part of an average SD.

Unread 11-19-2019, 09:09 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Too bad the WWE games don't follow suit. I'm not really watching anymore, but based on the youtube tidbits they are doing the same "Invasion" angles every year. That does sound boring, even if NXT is involved now. Sometimes there doesn't even seem to be a pop when people 'invade' from ringside. Maybe they should go for a "Best vs Best" angle next year where there's qualification matches, and fill it up with crossbrand grudge matches. You can have the title defenses headline the weekly shows.

But as talent seems to be poppin' up at the other show often, what does it really mean anyway?
Well, the one I was complaining about wasn't an invasion story. I heard that NXT UK guys did get involved in the cross-brand wars on the other shows, but thankfully I'm not watching those. They are, however, doing another stable vs stable feud within NXT UK itself, and I'm not looking forward to it. The fact that both stables are heels doesn't help.

Anyway, this week's UK was a great show, although I probably won't like the next one too much since i imagine they'll continue the stable war story then (there was only a recap video for it this past episode). That's what's good about 1-hour shows. Even if the World Champion is involved in a story that you don't enjoy at least you only have to see it on alternate weeks. 3 great matches this past week, all of whom I enjoyed highly. I don't like Conners interfering in the Ligero/Banks match, though. I'm fine with his promo about being bitter over not being featured on Takeovers, but Ligero and Banks haven't actually had the best of luck in that area either. It would have made more sense for Conners to target guys who were actually featured all the Takeovers, but I guess they were either too busy with stable wars or getting involved in NXT North America.
Unread 11-19-2019, 06:16 PM
Rookie

Ohno vs Bate was the best match I saw last week in wrestling.

This week's Raw had some good matches but all these constant run-ins to build to Survivor Series are getting repetitive. Between that and the build to War Games in NXT, I don't know who's on what team. They have gone overboard with the chaos and I now just what some clarification. Having said that, I usually don't give a toss about SS so the inclusion of NXT has gained my interest.