Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Super Star

Default Match linked angles

I would really like if you could set up a linked hype segment for a match. So say you have a 5 v 5 match you have a button that automatically creates a entertainment based hype segment with those workers. It would save a lot of time having to replicate the same people twice to do the match and the hype for it. Also 10 slots would be good to allow for 5 v 5 match hype. All you need to do then is set the length of the segment.

Last edited by alpha2117 : 03-16-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Unread 03-16-2019, 07:40 AM
All Star

I like it. If we could automate that process and include all types of matches, it would be awesome.
Unread 03-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn michaels View Post
I like it. If we could automate that process and include all types of matches, it would be awesome.
Thanks, I like the game but I think we all know that it's a bit grindy in places and I was trying to think of something that might be doable automation wise that might lessen that. Most people would try to replicate real booking which is do a segment setting up a match and then have the match later in the show and if you could get away with only having to do the selecting the participants once that would save quite a bit of time over the course of multiple shows. Obviously if you wanted to add authority figures booking the match or have people rated on menace or whatever then you would still be creating the angle yourself separately but for a lot of matches it's just two or more people getting into a verbal followed by a match and that in theory shouldn't be that difficult to programme in comparison to some of the other things the game does as it would just be importing names from one thing to another and choosing a time length for that segment.
Unread 03-16-2019, 12:04 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2117 View Post
Thanks, I like the game but I think we all know that it's a bit grindy in places and I was trying to think of something that might be doable automation wise that might lessen that. Most people would try to replicate real booking which is do a segment setting up a match and then have the match later in the show and if you could get away with only having to do the selecting the participants once that would save quite a bit of time over the course of multiple shows. Obviously if you wanted to add authority figures booking the match or have people rated on menace or whatever then you would still be creating the angle yourself separately but for a lot of matches it's just two or more people getting into a verbal followed by a match and that in theory shouldn't be that difficult to programme in comparison to some of the other things the game does as it would just be importing names from one thing to another and choosing a time length for that segment.
I agree. This is much needed mostly because almost all matches have this kind of promotion. Unless like you said, in the cases where the promoter decides to hype it differently and in a more prominent role. This would obviously be simulated by us going and creating our own specific angle. But most general matches on tv, regardless of type, have this kind of automated process into them that only changes when there is a specific different type of investment going on, for whatever reason. Like i said, (and you said before me) this would be simulated by creating an angle according our own specifications. Not only I love the idea, it is a must have. WMMA5 is my reference for expectations in Adam's games and even if it is a different beast from a wrestling game, it has improved the grinding process a lot and it is the game from Adam I play more of nowadays for this reason. So, with TEW being my favorite series, i truly hope Adam takes the opportunity to make as many quality changes as possible to speed up the process, increase the fun and reduce the grinding. This, in my opinion, would definitely be one of them.