Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
Thank you.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Same to you!
Unread 12-28-2018, 02:32 AM
Living Legend

Why does Rev have to run the next game? I really wanted to take a game off, but it is a Rev game and they are always good.
Unread 12-29-2018, 11:34 AM
All Star

Did the Mafia Council want to take a moment to reread and correct the spelling a grammatical errors in their post, or would they like me to? I know this makes me sound like an arse (or someone who works at a school - guilty as charged), but I could let a couple of errors slide - there are just too many and I think that post may have an adverse affect on those passing through the site thoughts on mafia on this site.

If you want me to do it, don't expect an instant reply (you know my form )
Unread 12-29-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eayragt View Post
Did the Mafia Council want to take a moment to reread and correct the spelling a grammatical errors in their post, or would they like me to? I know this makes me sound like an arse (or someone who works at a school - guilty as charged), but I could let a couple of errors slide - there are just too many and I think that post may have an adverse affect on those passing through the site thoughts on mafia on this site.

There are no egos here. If you see a mistake, the pointing out of the mistake is welcome. This isn't about one person or a small group, it is about this community.
Unread 12-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Phenom

Quote:

TBH the rules were swiped out on a phone. A lot of the errors are simple mistakes due to auto correct. So when you see in instead of on and bs like that it's all due to that error. Believe me it wasn't something that would go unaddressed, just trying to get info out sooner than later and clean it up when time permits.
Unread 12-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
Why does Rev have to run the next game? I really wanted to take a game off, but it is a Rev game and they are always good.
Sorry
Unread 12-29-2018, 11:08 PM
Living Legend

Quote:

You must cringe each and every time I write something, I know I do. I never read over what I post, I just word vomit stuff out and if there are errors or typos or missing words...well those are the breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant View Post
Sorry
No worries. I hate to play favorites but you and IER have made some of my favorite games (IER has not posted on here in forever so I highly doubt we will see a game from him again or he might come back who knows.) and so if either of you are running a game I will probably play.
Unread 12-30-2018, 12:24 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarevenant View Post
TBH the rules were swiped out on a phone. A lot of the errors are simple mistakes due to auto correct. So when you see in instead of on and bs like that it's all due to that error. Believe me it wasn't something that would go unaddressed, just trying to get info out sooner than later and clean it up when time permits.
No problems - if it's going to be gone through again I'll wait. My typing during mafia games is worse!
Unread 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM

Hello hello.
Unread 01-28-2019, 11:57 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS1MAFIACOUNCIL View Post
While discussion about any topic concerning this community is a good thing and is encouraged; please refrain from doing it here in the signup thread. Please use the following thread
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=111311

Again all discussion is welcomed and encouraged, but let's do it in the proper place.
My apologies to Arrows, I was going to post down here but I did not know if anyone came to this part of the site anymore with everything else being posted in the Dog Pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws7297 View Post
BHK, we are trying some new things out to see what works and what doesn't. What makes the games more active. What keeps more people around.

If you don't try it, and see how it goes, how are you helping improve anything?

These rules aren't completely permanent. We are trying to gauge how the rules go and who does and doesn't like them.

Trying it out won't kill you. what if you end up liking the change in activity?
Well I really do not see how forcing people to play a certain way is going to make them more active or keep them around. I think it will end up doing the opposite, granted I could be wrong.

Look I am only one person, it does not matter if I play or not. I just wanted to say why I would not play because of the factors that I previously stated. Forcing a lynch every phase is not improving anything, in fact it makes the game far less enjoyable to play if you are a member of the town (Which I usually am).

By the time day two comes around there is a very high probability that the Town will be down three people right out of the gate. Sure the Town might get lucky and lynch Scum on the first day but the chances of that happening are not high.

Also, you run the risk of taking out a powerful role. After reading Rev's summary about being gutted, I can only imagine how much it would suck as a mod to see it happen more often.

There is no way I could possibly enjoy myself if the first rule remains intact. I do not need to play in a game to know that because I already know it. Therefore, there is no way if I tried playing in a game I would end up liking it.
Unread 01-31-2019, 01:13 PM
Phenom

I'll start off the bat and apologize to anyone I offended last game. It wasn't my intention but, well, with 3-4 players asking if anything was wrong IRL ... well, I'm guessing I went beyond that border that seemed fair play or good behaviour.

I see BHK's points and I'm not going to be offering the solution. I can see this working in a barebones game but not on a larger game. Let's be honest: GDS has always been very much different than the general mafiaboards and that also made me appreciate the players and the games here more.
For themed games (like Arrows future Suikoden but vica versa part 3) I don't think those roles should apply. Then again, some interaction should be possible as I found myself on a Carnaval Scum Team with few interaction (all due to IRL) in the first phases which made me call all the shots. Not my favorite role, because I don't want to make calls for others.

Having said that, I've been caught up on the other side as well in the outlaw Barebones game. Running a one-man company, being on the road a lot, having 2 kids that need attention ... I love to play the games here and I try to be active. I've caught myself getting up at night to see how votes are going trying to defend myself for a (mis)-lynch. Every rule has its flipside....

Like I said: I'm not going to vote pro or con, just trying to make my reasoning clear to all.
Unread 01-31-2019, 10:58 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
My apologies to Arrows, I was going to post down here but I did not know if anyone came to this part of the site anymore with everything else being posted in the Dog Pound.

Well I really do not see how forcing people to play a certain way is going to make them more active or keep them around. I think it will end up doing the opposite, granted I could be wrong.

Look I am only one person, it does not matter if I play or not. I just wanted to say why I would not play because of the factors that I previously stated. Forcing a lynch every phase is not improving anything, in fact it makes the game far less enjoyable to play if you are a member of the town (Which I usually am).

By the time day two comes around there is a very high probability that the Town will be down three people right out of the gate. Sure the Town might get lucky and lynch Scum on the first day but the chances of that happening are not high.

Also, you run the risk of taking out a powerful role. After reading Rev's summary about being gutted, I can only imagine how much it would suck as a mod to see it happen more often.

There is no way I could possibly enjoy myself if the first rule remains intact. I do not need to play in a game to know that because I already know it. Therefore, there is no way if I tried playing in a game I would end up liking it.
Isn't the game meant to be played with a lynch per day. Like when played in person? I think I remember that right. Like One Night Ultimate Werewolf I believe forces a lynch per day.

I don't believe it effects balance from my experience playing both ways. I'd be happy to chat in pm if you want. Not trying to change your mind per se but add my perspective on it (and no I did not suggest the rule, lol, mine would've been far more radical!)
Unread 06-10-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutlaw321 View Post
Rabbitman, just for clarification purposes, I assume that winners and losers in this game are awarded just as in any other game of mafia. Not having the advantage of seeing role pms; I'd have to assume that there were 6 winners in the game with 2 survivors. Is this correct?

Psycho Sam town survivor
Eayragt Avenger aligned survivor

Psycho Sam Avenger
hellshock70 Town
moonpie Town
Tha Black Phenom Avenger

Please advise. Thank you.
Sorry for the delay but that was correct. The Avengers group had one of their members survive and thus the group as a whole won. The town had their mayor survive and thus all the town also won.

The Psycho Sam that both won and survived the game was originally Corki though, before the replacement.

This is in relation to my Last Truck Stop in the Universe game.

Last edited by Rabbitman : 06-10-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Unread 06-10-2019, 01:57 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitman View Post
Sorry for the delay but that was correct. The Avengers group had one of their members survive and thus the group as a whole won. The town had their mayor survive and thus all the town also won.

The Psycho Sam that both won and survived the game was originally Corki though, before the replacement.

This is in relation to my Last Truck Stop in the Universe game.
I was just looking over that game, just a minute ago and I was wondering who won.

I don't even recall being scum in that game.