Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidenhoek View Post
How to have a 99-rated show:
First match epix 90 minute ironman.
Second, and last, match of the main card epix rest-of-the-time match.
Post-show match.

gg, NOTBPW. Er...rest of the world.
I'm tempted to do that. lol
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Living Legend

Update on how the whole cult/written contract thing has come out. A good number of people have said no to a written deal; however, Ash Campbell accepted a 2 year exclusive deal after I already have his father on the roster. That said, it seems like it really does take some big scenarios to bring someone to sign a deal like that.
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Super Star

In my current TNA game my promotion's popularity seems to have maxed out around 75-76 despite constantly having shows that should "increase our popularity". I was just wondering if theres a reason I've hit this ceiling?

I'm still with Spike TV, not sure if moving to a bigger station would let me keep growing or not though.
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Super Star

One of the basic rules of the game. To gain overness anywhere you are seen, you have to run a show that is a full 10 points (so you need a 91 if you're at 80.1). Then, you have to see how trendy your product is to see how much you gain/lose (yes, lose if you're a medium negative trend).

The note you're talking about applies if you gain even in ONE region. So, if Spike covers Canada (or is being shown at the same time on a Canadian station or Mexican station), you'll get that note no matter what you score unless your show is really awful because your pop is so low there.
Unread 10-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Low Minors

Thanks everyone for answers. Another, and a play off the above..

The above assumes Spike is shown in multiple countries, and your show beats any low overrness level in a small region. What if your one event is shown on multiple networks in multiple countries and you both beat the 10 points in areas and lose. Do you still gain popularity? Or does it base it simply off the first stations regions only?
Unread 10-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman View Post
One of the basic rules of the game. To gain overness anywhere you are seen, you have to run a show that is a full 10 points (so you need a 91 if you're at 80.1). Then, you have to see how trendy your product is to see how much you gain/lose (yes, lose if you're a medium negative trend).

The note you're talking about applies if you gain even in ONE region. So, if Spike covers Canada (or is being shown at the same time on a Canadian station or Mexican station), you'll get that note no matter what you score unless your show is really awful because your pop is so low there.
So switching to a bigger station won't affect anything?
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Super Star

Just your TV rating which means diddly squat, really.
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Rookie

quick opinion question;

Playing as MAW, Marvin Earnest's contract came up. We reneged and now he's receiving 800 PPA

I'm looking at Remmington Remus to do announcing at 300 PPA. Marvin has a C+ to Remmington's C- but better personality D+ to Marvins E+.

Should i take the chance and drop my announcing quality for better backstage and save a little cash?
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoflynn View Post
quick opinion question;

Playing as MAW, Marvin Earnest's contract came up. We reneged and now he's receiving 800 PPA

I'm looking at Remmington Remus to do announcing at 300 PPA. Marvin has a C+ to Remmington's C- but better personality D+ to Marvins E+.

Should i take the chance and drop my announcing quality for better backstage and save a little cash?
I'd only do it if money is a concern for the promotion as a whole. I've found that pretty much anyone rated over 40 (not sure of the letter equivolent) in announcing has the capacity to "add to" the match.

Honestly though, unless Marvin is missing shows or you're looking to cut costs across the board I wouldn't worry about replacing him. I personally tend to not pay attention to individual worker costs unless I'm losing money at the end of the month on a regular basis.

That said, I refuse to pay anyone more than 2k per appearance...no matter who they are. However, I run at Small so at Regional my mileage could vary.
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjorden View Post
Thanks everyone for answers. Another, and a play off the above..

The above assumes Spike is shown in multiple countries, and your show beats any low overrness level in a small region. What if your one event is shown on multiple networks in multiple countries and you both beat the 10 points in areas and lose. Do you still gain popularity? Or does it base it simply off the first stations regions only?
This is why some people playing really large feds go "Why did I drop to Cult when every show I ran got the increased popularity note?". Each area that the show is broadcast in can go up or down based on your show rating. The problem is that for some reason instead of the game saying "This show should have increased our popularity" AND "This show hurt our popularity" it just says the former leading the player to assume something that may not be totally correct.

So, if you run a 72 show when you have multiple US areas that are 84 but your Canadian pop is 61, you'll get the increased pop note (especially if you just expanded to the area) even though you just took a good hit in the US for that show as you lose if the show is -10 points from your pop.
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Rookie

Does the Occasional / Regular for being in a tag team have any effects at all?

or is it just a player note thing to allow you to see who is your occasional and Regular teams.

I have a wrestler who moved up to main event who was previously in a Tag team, i was just interested to know if theres any benefits or draw backs to being regular or occasional in his old tag team or just making it inactive.

I was thinking maybe if hes regular hes seen as a Tag Team wrestler and there might be some penalties for popularity or something.

Just checking
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
All Star

It's more of a CPU thing, to determine how often they use them as a team. It doesn't affect their popularity.
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
Does the Occasional / Regular for being in a tag team have any effects at all?

or is it just a player note thing to allow you to see who is your occasional and Regular teams.

I have a wrestler who moved up to main event who was previously in a Tag team, i was just interested to know if theres any benefits or draw backs to being regular or occasional in his old tag team or just making it inactive.

I was thinking maybe if hes regular hes seen as a Tag Team wrestler and there might be some penalties for popularity or something.

Just checking
That's an AI thing. It has no effect for the player. The wrestlers being anything (tag team or single) has nothing to do with their popularity. The only issue with tag teams is that if you use the open match note, the winners won't gain any overness from the match if they're more popular than the losing tag team like they would in a singles match.

Turning the tag team to inactive just removes it from the tag team list in the booking screen. Any active or occasional team shows up there.
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Hall of Fame

I thought that making a team inactive prevented them from getting tag experience in matches (though still getting any bonuses from experience if they have any).
Unread 10-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Low Minors

I was thinking about this the other day, do house shows have any effect on a worker's stats? It seems to me house shows should help a worker hone their stats the same way a developmental deal would, since it gives them more time in the ring, on the mic, etc.