Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM
All Star

Cheers.
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan93 View Post
Edit: 6 minutes - ALWAYS 6 MINUTES - of in-ring time.
It can be five. At least all of mine typically are. Five minutes in-ring time, six minute total segment (custom matches with non-wrestling time cut to the quick).

The only time you would use 'dominate' in a squash is if you're trying to boost someone via gimmick effect (brute/legit) and don't care about the rating. I'm also told that those types of matches can be awesome as crowd cool down tools.
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:23 AM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remianen View Post
It can be five. At least all of mine typically are. Five minutes in-ring time, six minute total segment (custom matches with non-wrestling time cut to the quick).

The only time you would use 'dominate' in a squash is if you're trying to boost someone via gimmick effect (brute/legit) and don't care about the rating. I'm also told that those types of matches can be awesome as crowd cool down tools.
I only said 6 minutes because that's what's needed to affect skills. Besides, I thought I read that you got a greater bonus by doing 6 minutes rather than 5. But yes, I agree about a custom "squash" match type that has just 1 minute of non-wrestling time, i.e. cutting the enhancement talent's entrance.
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:23 AM
All Star

Quote:

One Word: Bingo! But I prefer 6 minutes. Skills building.
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Minor League

When would you consider taking someone out of development and do you choose to improve specific skills while they are there?

I ask because I have a habit of building a specific area until the overall stat is in the B- region and then moving on to another. Rinse and repeat until the worker is at B- in at least one top row, performance and possibly entertainment. I do this because once the stats get into the low 70s they seem to improve really slowly in dev and would grow better if being worked on from the active roster where I can take a more hands on approach. Am I wrong in doing this?

Does anyone else work this way or do you normally just stick them on 'Overall' with some trainers down there to help them out?
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Living Legend

Overall. I believe (not tested clinically, but based on previous discussions and my own experience) that it's just more effective - you can potentially get 2-3 points gain in each and every skill* with overall development.

I'd use focussed development when a worker's getting huffy about being in/going to development. It might get you 1-2 points a month in that area. Not nothing, but a last resort option for me.

Of course, you may not want your Earthquake/Andre/Khoklov to be gaining 3 points a month in flashiness and nothing much in brawling... but I like all-rounders

(* As far as I'm aware, only refereeing of the 'trainable' skills can't be raised in development. I've certainly not noticed any improvement in the refs I've sent down to improve their overall skills, even when they've been working in WLW with its multiple shows a month. I'm happy to be corrected, though.)

As to the first part of your question... When they're ready to come up, when I need them on the main roster, when I want them to get squashed... You can leave someone in development pretty much indefinitely. You've no way of monitoring their morale, short of recalling them, checking, and sending them back down, so just leave them down until they get to a point you can't ignore them any more (hi, Kirk Jameson!).

One thing to bear in mind is that someone who's grumpy about staying in development isn't likely to want to re-sign if their contract comes up. Might be an idea to call them up at the five weeks left point and chuck a bonus or two their way to cheer them up if you want to keep them.
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM
All Star

Never mind.

Last edited by Hashasheen : 02-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilb0y View Post
When would you consider taking someone out of development and do you choose to improve specific skills while they are there?
I don't do specific skills because it's not efficient to do so. In my testing, specific skills gain up to 3 points per month in that area. Overall gains 1-3 points in EVERY skill area per month. Since I don't typically have prospects who are perfect in every area but one, overall accomplishes my goal better. I mean, I could send Monster Ishimura down to only work on physical skills (by default, a 5 minute squash match gasses her) but what about her selling? What about her technical skills? What about her entertainment skills?

Picture time!

Monster Ishimura's progress in just under two months. Now, look at the spread of improvements. If I sent her down there to only train one area, most of that doesn't happen. She would gain a bit more (though not quite double) in the focus areas, at the expense of everything else. Overall allows her to improve, well, overall. And with her skill levels, she needs all the improvement she can get. But look at the jumps in key skills like selling. That doesn't happen either unless I had her focus on Performance skills (which I wouldn't since her stamina makes her a liability no matter how good her performance skills might be). In the mod, she's 17 years old. By the time she's 20-22, she'll be ready to be called up, at this rate of development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilb0y View Post
I ask because I have a habit of building a specific area until the overall stat is in the B- region and then moving on to another. Rinse and repeat until the worker is at B- in at least one top row, performance and possibly entertainment. I do this because once the stats get into the low 70s they seem to improve really slowly in dev and would grow better if being worked on from the active roster where I can take a more hands on approach. Am I wrong in doing this?

Does anyone else work this way or do you normally just stick them on 'Overall' with some trainers down there to help them out?
First, you're not 'wrong' for doing it that way. Everyone has their own way of developing workers. I wouldn't do it like that because the workers I tend to have in development need work in multiple areas and I don't have the time to really focus on too many of them. Thus, I go with what I believe to be the most efficient way of doing it which is largely 'fire and forget'. I use the Overall focus more often than not since it gets me more improvements over a wider swath of skills. I'm a numbers guy. Focusing on one area does not get me more improvements (numbers wise) than focusing on all of them. A performance skills focus might get me a total of 12 points of improvement (spread across 4 skills). Overall gets me like 20ish, spread over all skills. 20 beats 12.
Unread 02-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Low Minors

Hi folks, been awhile since I last posted. I've been thinking of turning some of the user characters into legit workers in the game. I've added Jack "Avatar" Jefferson, Kate "Hell Cat" Millgate, and Charles "All Natural" Ayers. I'll be looking to add Takayuki "Iron Fist" Miyamoto as soon as I can. Waiting is so much torture...

The question I have is this. What would be good feds for them to start in? I'm thinking smallish federations to make sure they still develop.

I think Hell Cat sorta just defaults to ZEN. Since it would be kinda cool to have her there. Being like Australia's first true "star", since she's so good. Also only promotion in which she can face off against the guys.

Iron Fist sort of does the same with Warrior Engine. Since its like the only small federation in Japan. To also get beyond "that" promotion would be cool to see. Or lead it to better things would be cool too.

Its Charles and Jack that are causing me the problems. I just don't see a federation that solely suits them at small. Anyone want to help me out?
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Hi folks, been awhile since I last posted. I've been thinking of turning some of the user characters into legit workers in the game. I've added Jack "Avatar" Jefferson, Kate "Hell Cat" Millgate, and Charles "All Natural" Ayers. I'll be looking to add Takayuki "Iron Fist" Miyamoto as soon as I can. Waiting is so much torture...

The question I have is this. What would be good feds for them to start in? I'm thinking smallish federations to make sure they still develop.

I think Hell Cat sorta just defaults to ZEN. Since it would be kinda cool to have her there. Being like Australia's first true "star", since she's so good. Also only promotion in which she can face off against the guys.

Iron Fist sort of does the same with Warrior Engine. Since its like the only small federation in Japan. To also get beyond "that" promotion would be cool to see. Or lead it to better things would be cool too.

Its Charles and Jack that are causing me the problems. I just don't see a federation that solely suits them at small. Anyone want to help me out?
I would place Jack in CZCW. He seems like the kind of good all arounder that would be a perfect fit in the coastal zone.

Charles, you might want to look at New York City Wrestling or Pride, Glory, Honor Wrestling. Those would just be my choices for someone like him.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Low Minors

Hm, so give him a regional fed instead? I wanted it to be small, since they are going to be going in as "new" workers, so they won't have any popularity, but considering his style, that's probably the best place for him.

And will definitely do Charles for NYCW. Thanks. Appreciate the help.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Hm, so give him a regional fed instead? I wanted it to be small, since they are going to be going in as "new" workers, so they won't have any popularity, but considering his style, that's probably the best place for him.

And will definitely do Charles for NYCW. Thanks. Appreciate the help.
No problem. If you're looking for another place for Jack that is a smaller promotion, you might want to look at All Canada Pro Wrestling, Victory Wrestling Association or Ring Of Fire. I think he would fit all three of those with his all around greatness.
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:14 PM
All Star

Quote:
First, you're not 'wrong' for doing it that way. Everyone has their own way of developing workers. I wouldn't do it like that because the workers I tend to have in development need work in multiple areas and I don't have the time to really focus on too many of them. Thus, I go with what I believe to be the most efficient way of doing it which is largely 'fire and forget'. I use the Overall focus more often than not since it gets me more improvements over a wider swath of skills. I'm a numbers guy. Focusing on one area does not get me more improvements (numbers wise) than focusing on all of them. A performance skills focus might get me a total of 12 points of improvement (spread across 4 skills). Overall gets me like 20ish, spread over all skills. 20 beats 12.
Cut due to length... sorry. By the way, how do you often do get NBT's and Hot Prospects? What is their difference in growth for a month, do you find?
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Low Minors

Whelp my two choices for Iron King Taka and Hell Cat Kate went down the drain (economically fired), so totally not sure what to do with the user characters now. *sigh* Any bright ideas?
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Phenom

Is popularity capped at cult level? I've run 5 shows in a row in tri-state that have rated over 90, and my popularity is STILL at 74. I checked, and it's 74.4.

My TV deal is garbage, but considering the show was held in tri-state, it should have made a difference, I'd think. So... capped?