Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #14806  
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:24 PM
ampulator ampulator is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Starr36 View Post
I'm guessing this question should fit in with rest.. Anyway, I'm trying to run TCW as you SWF, popularity based, although having a problem with the grades I'm getting, which was like.. a 63.. Although, it seemed like a regular show, but since it's popularity based, I'm guessing it was bad.. ?

Should I try and run TCW as a Equally based product, like Hybrid I guess, instead of full-on popularity based?

Had this problem before, but I really want to get into the Cornellverse.
Here's what you do. You can one, or the other. Either turn down Mainstream to Medium (or less, but I don't recommend that), or turn Realism to Low or less. One will make your product no longer require gimmicks (and prefers not to have them) and more focused on ring work, the other way, will make it Equal Balance.

I pesonally do the latter, but it's up to you.
Reply With Quote
  #14807  
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Adam_Starr36 Adam_Starr36 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
Default

Actually Ampulator, for the latter option you mentioned.. my realism is non-existant..

Here's what I have for my product settings...

Traditional - Heavy
Mainstream - Key Feature
Comedy - Medium
Modern - Low
Hardcore - Low
Daredevil - Very Low

And as for Harmor, my match ratio is 60% for TV and PPVs, so I'm not too sure if that is any fault within my product, but right now I have no clue at all what the problem is.
Reply With Quote
  #14808  
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Harmor's Avatar
Harmor Harmor is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Starr36 View Post
Actually Ampulator, for the latter option you mentioned.. my realism is non-existant..

Here's what I have for my product settings...

Traditional - Heavy
Mainstream - Key Feature
Comedy - Medium
Modern - Low
Hardcore - Low
Daredevil - Very Low

And as for Harmor, my match ratio is 60% for TV and PPVs, so I'm not too sure if that is any fault within my product, but right now I have no clue at all what the problem is.
Beats me in this case I have to say. Comedy set to medium perhaps while it should be lower? I'm not 100% how close to the SWF product yours for TCW is but its definitely a lot closer to it then in the original data. What are your match ratings? Could you post a few matches and their ratings?
Reply With Quote
  #14809  
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Adam_Starr36 Adam_Starr36 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
Default

Well, I've only done one show so far, and was hoping for a quick answer before show 2, so I guess I'll give results of my first show..(I don't know how to do the picture thing, so I'll just post them, one by one.)


Edd Stone Def. Clark Alexander - 25
The New Wave Def. The Machines - 73
Eddie Peak and Rick Law Def. Benny Benson and Danny Fonzarelli - 80
Attack by Genghis Rahn - 63
Interview with Joshua Taylor - 55
Joshua Taylor Def. Genghis Rahn - 61
Celebration by Joshua Taylor - 61
Bryan Vessey Walking To The Ring - 68
Tommy Cornell and Wolf Hawkins Def. Bryan Vessey and Joey Minnesota - 83
Attack by Troy Tornado - 80
Interview with Rocky Golden - 50
Rocky Golden Def. Troy Tornado - 76
Celebration by Rocky Golden - 80

Show Rating - 63
Reply With Quote
  #14810  
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Teh_Showtime's Avatar
Teh_Showtime Teh_Showtime is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,418
Default

How is Rocky getting a 53 interview?

Most of it stems from the starting roster not being over enough to run s pop based product to a high level (Sam Keith #1 contender for worlds title, 70 pop)

But maybe the matches are too long or the booking of them is bad. What does the dirtsheet say?
Reply With Quote
  #14811  
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Adam_Starr36 Adam_Starr36 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
Default

I believe Rocky Golden would've had a better interview, had I not messed it up but putting my Avatar character who has better entertainment but low popularity in as the catalyst of an interview instead of in the support angle where I put Rocky to use his Overness pretty much as a crutch but, probably should've went the opposite way...

EDIT: My match length is usually 10 min, and main event, is 15, just as for Rocky Golden. And interveiws run almost a constant 6 minutes.

Last edited by Adam_Starr36 : 06-19-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Reasoning of match length.
Reply With Quote
  #14812  
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Hyde Hill's Avatar
Hyde Hill Hyde Hill is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 3,606
Default

Also the TCW roster isn't really setup for pop based. It can do it off course but given that you are kinda new with the cornellverse I'd recommend either running them normal first or give SWF/USPW a try or preferably both. So you are both familiar with TCW roster and a pop based product. Before trying.
Reply With Quote
  #14813  
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Adam_Starr36 Adam_Starr36 is offline
Low Minors
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde Hill View Post
Also the TCW roster isn't really setup for pop based. It can do it off course but given that you are kinda new with the cornellverse I'd recommend either running them normal first or give SWF/USPW a try or preferably both. So you are both familiar with TCW roster and a pop based product. Before trying.
Yeah, okay. I'll just run it as it originally is, and see how I do, and maybe try it again later, or I just might like the performance based product better.. hmm.. Thanks for trying to figure out the problem though, it's probably just me.
Reply With Quote
  #14814  
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

Edd Stone Def. Clark Alexander - 25

^ This is a bomb of a match. What the heck happened?
Reply With Quote
  #14815  
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:01 PM
ampulator ampulator is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Trask View Post
Edd Stone Def. Clark Alexander - 25

^ This is a bomb of a match. What the heck happened?
He changed the product of the promotion.
Reply With Quote
  #14816  
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Saffir Saffir is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 41
Default

Does anyone else go into the editor from time to time, and add "Must be Unemployed" rules to federations that are Cult and lower?

Unfortunately, this doesn't always work, as some of these feds still sign employed guys in other federations to PPA deals. What would be the best way to trim down the unemployed list besides this? Too many skilled workers end up on the unemployed list for a long, long time while guys less skilled work for three federations at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #14817  
Unread 06-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Blake Trask's Avatar
Blake Trask Blake Trask is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,752
Default

They shouldn't be signing people who are already signed to other promotions with that rule. Are you sure they aren't renewing the deals of people they already have? That's kosher by that hiring rule - but Must be Unemployed does exactly what it says.
Reply With Quote
  #14818  
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:07 AM
lazorbeak lazorbeak is offline
Super Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffir View Post
Does anyone else go into the editor from time to time, and add "Must be Unemployed" rules to federations that are Cult and lower?

Unfortunately, this doesn't always work, as some of these feds still sign employed guys in other federations to PPA deals. What would be the best way to trim down the unemployed list besides this? Too many skilled workers end up on the unemployed list for a long, long time while guys less skilled work for three federations at a time.
Maybe it's the mod you're using, but I almost never see this in the C-Verse. That said, just mod the contracts of lower card guys to have 27 or less days, and the promotion will hire somebody new when their deal runs out.
Reply With Quote
  #14819  
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Saffir Saffir is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorbeak View Post
Maybe it's the mod you're using, but I almost never see this in the C-Verse. That said, just mod the contracts of lower card guys to have 27 or less days, and the promotion will hire somebody new when their deal runs out.
I ended up doing that with people that have three PPA contracts. Two makes sense for guys with decent popularity that might want more money and more shows, but when you start signing three deals, you'll see more conflicts and more travel time and the potential extra money wouldn't be worth the hassle. Plus of course I wanna see more unemployed guys getting employed.
Reply With Quote
  #14820  
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Asaemon's Avatar
Asaemon Asaemon is offline
All Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: River Styx
Posts: 3,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I've never seen it mentioned but have always assumed it was February 2009. That is when Kikkawa won the King Of Fighters title from Raul Hughes, and since he was the owner of INSPIRE I would think he would want to close his company with himself as its final champion before he went back to BHOTWG and took the belt with him. Again that is just my assumption.
Great, thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.