Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-20-2014, 02:00 AM

Quick question. What are the requirements for eventually becoming married to a hero that you are romancing? I eventually "max" out the romance option for flirting and can't seem to get further
Unread 11-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Hall of Fame

The temp patch in the tech forum seems to be down. Can anybody upload it for me?
Unread 11-08-2014, 03:36 AM
GDS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Showtime View Post
The temp patch in the tech forum seems to be down. Can anybody upload it for me?
Done.
Unread 11-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Hall of Fame

Thank you
Unread 12-03-2014, 12:01 AM

how do I add a character to a active game? Im trying to add a civilian with with a villain alternate. I can the see the character in the list but it says location unknown. When I try to edit the Character it says something like its currently in a event and is under a Alternate.
Unread 12-03-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billding View Post
how do I add a character to a active game? Im trying to add a civilian with with a villain alternate. I can the see the character in the list but it says location unknown. When I try to edit the Character it says something like its currently in a event and is under a Alternate.
You can create your civilian editing the database, then import him while playing your save - alternates will follow automatically.

Warnings though:
1 - if you want him to go back and forth between personas, you'll have to create an alternate that's like the non-villainous version, or the game won't go back.

2 - I once tried to create a character with alternates of varying alignments. I have no definitive proof that it was that which rendered that DB unplayable, but just in case: back up your stuff.

On the second part: you know how sometimes you're facing enemies that weren't visible as being in your location before you started patrolling? That's it. "Your character was in an event"=he's committed to, ur, committing a crime soon.
Unread 12-04-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafarian View Post
You can create your civilian editing the database, then import him while playing your save - alternates will follow automatically.

Warnings though:
1 - if you want him to go back and forth between personas, you'll have to create an alternate that's like the non-villainous version, or the game won't go back.

2 - I once tried to create a character with alternates of varying alignments. I have no definitive proof that it was that which rendered that DB unplayable, but just in case: back up your stuff.

On the second part: you know how sometimes you're facing enemies that weren't visible as being in your location before you started patrolling? That's it. "Your character was in an event"=he's committed to, ur, committing a crime soon.
for 1: I make the character before I load or during. and what do you mean like the non-villainous version. I cant have a altcharacter that gained powers and personality traits?

2:the default is the civilian so i don't see how its planing a crime. I can only see it in the general list not the local list.
Unread 12-05-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
for 1: I make the character before I load or during. and what do you mean like the non-villainous version. I cant have a altcharacter that gained powers and personality traits?

2:the default is the civilian so i don't see how its planing a crime. I can only see it in the general list not the local list.
1: make the character in the main editor, not after you've loaded your save - so you'll have him ready for another game with that mod.
And I mean that the AI does not revert back to basic versions - ever seen Aikio return to his red and black costume after he switched to the alt one? I never did.

2: I quote from your earlier post: "and is under a Alternate". Looks like your character changed very quickly.
You can't see him in the general list because he's, um, laying low. It's very common for villains in the game to leave an area and not to be listed in any area, only to reveal themselves by committing a crime.
Unread 10-10-2015, 12:53 AM
Rookie

Seems no one has been in this thread in a while. I got the game a few weeks ago. Still trying to figure some stuff out about it. I've played plenty of other GDS games so I've gotten down the stuff about the databases / editor and most of the basic stuff seems pretty straightforward, but I've been unable to make friends with anyone. Ever. I don't understand why.

I'm using the default database. I've tried creating several of my own characters with different personality traits, and tried both hero and anti-hero alignments. I've also tried to take control of existing characters in the game of varying personalities, alignments, and degrees of popularity. I've never once gotten a positive response from anyone when trying to make allies. That's not a hyperbole, either. I've literally gotten the "[character] has snubbed your social advances" every time, regardless of where I put the intensity slider, and a hostile personal relationship is often begun if I keep trying.

Am I doing something wrong? I like the game a lot so far besides this one drawback, but it's a pretty big drawback. If I can't ever make a single ally with any of my characters, I kind of have to play every one of my files the same way, and I don't want to have to create all of my relationships in the editor because I would like for it be earned by actually playing the game.

I want to be able to forge some relationships, but I just can't seem to accomplish that at all. The game is also much too difficult running through every single fight solo. Can anyone help me? I don't understand why I keep getting the same results no matter how I build my character or who I try to befriend.
Unread 10-10-2015, 03:34 AM
GDS Developer

It's based your personality vs their personality; if they clash, it won't matter what you do, you'll never be able to get a positive result. It could be that you've just been unlucky in who you've picked or the database you're using is set up unusually (i.e. if it's a mod and all the personalities are the same).

This all of course assumes you're using the latest patch.
Unread 10-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Rookie

Gotcha. I'll make sure I'm updated to the latest patch and look into the characters' personalities and keep trying to see if I can make something work. Maybe I have just been unlucky. Or maybe I've just been picking the wrong people to try to ally with all along. I don't know. Thanks.

I did have a few more questions though...

1.How does the whole "Awaiting Rebirth" thing work? Does the game just decide either randomly or by some type of formula when to resurrect the character if that is said character's status designation? Or is there a specific time table?

2. If you have deaths set to Never Permanent, will the game automatically switch their status from "Deceased" to "Awaiting Rebirth" or do they go straight from deceased to active? and

3. What is the approximate percentage of characters that get resurrected under the "Sometimes Permanent" death setting? And how does the game decide whose deaths are permanent and whose are not?

Sorry the questions are a little lengthy. Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!
Unread 10-10-2015, 05:44 AM
GDS Developer

1 - Awaiting Rebirth is randomly controlled.

2 - It should be Awaiting Rebirth.

3 - Selection is random. I don't know the percentage.
Unread 05-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Living Legend

So, holiday weekend and 90 degree F/32C temperatures have me playing a lot of CBH of late. Along with that comes questions, since it's been quite a while since I last played.

First, do personal and romantic relationships have any correlation? For example, if I find that I'm maxed out at 90% on Friendly, does that automatically mean Romantic would have a similar cap (so 90% Flirting)? Since I'm finding that a Flirting relationship apparently means commitment (people get mad when you approach other people while at Flirting level with them ) so I'm trying to find a workaround to avoid drama.

Another question that arose is, are preset relationships immune to caps? Meaning, if two people are set to be Engaged at game start, can that relationship progress to Married or can it be capped at 90% (or whatever) engaged?

Also, do team missions ever become more frequent? I have the pace set at Very Fast and at Legendary popularity, I'm noticing that I got summoned to team functions a lot more at earlier levels. I joined the Freedom Alliance, Lantaffian Rebels, and the Network as well as creating my own team but it's been a while since I was summoned to a group function. (Spoke too soon. CommuniKate just summoned me....again. She's been the only team leader to do it in my game)

I'm also guessing that level spread has an effect on friends asking you to patrol with them?

Also, do relationships affect morality? For example, if my hero befriended Ellie Mental or Thermostat (wild card), would she become more heroic or would she still have villainous tendencies? I'm trying to come up with a relationship for my character akin to Batman and Selina Kyle/Catwoman.
Unread 07-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Low Minors

I also have questions about how relationships work. I read the help file, and my character seems VERY compatible with my love interest (almost all the same or nearly the same personality), yet i am stuck at flirting 90%... just like with anybody else i tried to romance.

Interestingly i managed to get my love interest to ally status, and i thought that may be the ticket to more romance (e.g. dating, and more), yet nothing seems to work.

Then there was that character that i romanced upon first meeting, got her up to 90%, then used social and she became hostile. Now i can't romance anymore, since you can't "meet up" with hostiles, even if only slightly so. Weird.
Unread 07-29-2016, 03:30 AM
GDS Developer

1 - "Very compatible" doesn't necessarily mean that they have the same personality

2 - It's very hard to get romantic relationships to work as there are not many people who are eligible who will also be willing.