Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Freeware Total Extreme Wrestling 2005 > Freeware TEW 2005 Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:23 AM

Default TEW 2005 Crashes Very Easily While Loading

Whenever I try to create a save file or simulate a day, I have to stop touching my mouse and keyboard completely because it will freeze and end up crashing. My laptop (Windows 10) isn't a gaming PC, but the specs are a lot better than what the optimal specs are to run the game, so I'm not sure what's causing this to happen.
Unread 08-02-2018, 03:30 AM
GDS Developer

Did you restart your machine after installation? It sounds like you may not have finished registering some of the files.
Unread 08-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
Did you restart your machine after installation? It sounds like you may not have finished registering some of the files.
Yeah I did. The application just hangs while loading a new save or day. Can't do anything else in the background or it will hang, and can't move my mouse around too much or it hangs.
Unread 08-03-2018, 03:42 AM
GDS Developer

You are not advised to be clicking away from the game while it's loading - the game is meant to be played full-screen and given full focus, as it will freeze up if you give other apps priority.

I'm afraid I have no idea with regard to the mouse movement, I've never heard of anything relating to that. The only thing I can think of is that you have some sort of mouse effect in use that is effectively taking the operating system's attention away from the game.

Overall, I doubt there's a lot you can do, unfortunately, other than make sure to just leave the game to process with full focus, and there's very little I can suggest to ease your issues given that it's a very old game and is now freeware. You may wish to try the demos of the newer games as they're significantly faster and would be less likely to suffer from these issues.