Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Bowl Bound General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-19-2017, 07:03 PM
Rookie

Default How to edit your team during your career?

I know there's no real editor, but I do have Microsoft Access. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to edit pstats.dat or the stats.dat in the save folder. In either case, I can't seem to find a section or tab that looks to have the player attributes and ratings. Help please.
Unread 02-20-2017, 11:26 AM
GDS Developer

You can edit players. Click "options" and "Player Editor". On that screen you can edit both athletic and skill ratings (as well as any personal information).
Unread 02-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn View Post
You can edit players. Click "options" and "Player Editor". On that screen you can edit both athletic and skill ratings (as well as any personal information).
Yes, sorry I see it now. I was confused by people talking about using MS Access, I started assuming it was necessary. I guess that's just for mass edits and mods and teams you don't control.
Unread 08-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Low Minors

Random bump here, but do either of know if you can edit the player's picture either in-game or in the .dat file? That seems to be the only thing I can't find. May not be possible, but wanted to check...
Unread 09-12-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUINNC View Post
Random bump here, but do either of know if you can edit the player's picture either in-game or in the .dat file? That seems to be the only thing I can't find. May not be possible, but wanted to check...
It is possible, but there's "leg work" involved, that may or may not be worth it (depending on your deep desire to see it happen).

Every player is assigned a face set from a random generator. If you change the Face type set assigned to the player, you must remember one thing:

ALL OTHER PLAYERS in the game assigned to the same face set will look like your player ! (food for thought)