Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Phenom

Interesting choice on Jebediah...but not a bad one. I've seen him develop into quite a decent worker in various games. Interesting to see how he fairs as your initial champ and what kind of programs he'll get.
Unread 11-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
Jebediah over Steve Flash? Interesting choice. Then again, I'm really unfamiliar with the latest C-Verse so I could be both under estimating the popularity of Jeremiah and over estimating the ability/popularity of Flash.
Steve Flash was only brought in under Alliance Loan, since we're apart of the COTT. Since I can't justify paying his $2000 an appearance with any sort of regularity -- and he's pretty severely in to time decline and doesn't really have the skills anymore to be a long term top guy -- I made the choice to go with Jebediah, who is currently my number one rated guy under creative meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringrider
Interesting choice on Jebediah...but not a bad one. I've seen him develop into quite a decent worker in various games. Interesting to see how he fairs as your initial champ and what kind of programs he'll get.
Hopefully he develops like he has for me in the past. There are some narrative reasons that will be explored in the next chapter, but from a straight business sense, he comes in as a Main Eventer, he's a babyface (and I like my first champion to be a babyface). He's big with some decent skills all around -- and he has a championship pedigree that you can point to for qualifications with his run as RIPW US Champ -- while at the same time being affordable enough that I can program him on a regular basis without going broke (the problem with Steve Flash).

But again, the narrative will address this! I appreciate the feedback though. If I could have afforded to keep Steve Flash for anything more than a special appearance, I probably would have put the strap on him because he would make te most sense -- but fiscally it just did not make any sense.
Unread 11-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Minor League

Default Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The final bell rung and Jebediah stood in the center of the ring in front of seventy-six money paying fans and held the Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship above his head. The big man pulled double duty tonight. He worked a hard hitting contest with Cip Conduit where they really worked a nice snug, old school contest. He came back in the battle royal and worked hard for almost thirty minutes before he hit his second rope splash -- the Sundown Splash, onto Steve Flash to get the three count and the title.

The crowd was applauding nicely when Steve pushed through the black curtain I had gotten at Michael’s to serve as a small divider between the room we were using as a locker room. I reached out to shake his hand. “I really appreciate it, Steve.”

Steve shook my hand and patted my shoulder. “It’s my pleasure. You’re trying to set up shop here. I won’t be back, at least not for awhile. It was the right thing for business.”

I nodded my head. “If I could afford --”

He waved his hand to stop me mid-sentence. “I know, and I know you can’t. I know you already took a loss on tonight. I was a special attraction to draw in some more fans, hopefully it worked. You needed me for the job. That kid,” Steve motioned with a thumb back towards the ring, “Will be money. He’s got a good head for the business. He understands what he’s supposed to do. He uses his size well. He’s a good first Champion. He will get you started off right.”

“Thank you again.” I told Steve as he nodded and head to towel off. The high school gym we were running in fortunately had working showers, so he everyone could clean up before heading out. I turned to wait for Jeb, and I did not have to wait long before he did. The Championship was over his shoulder. I smiled ear to ear. “Good work Big Man.”

He grunted an affable, out of breath kind of grunt. “Thanks.” He took a deep breath. “I appreciate you having faith in me. When I got cut… I wasn’t sure if I was going to get another opportunity. This means the world to me.”

I reached out and clapped the polished metal of the center plate of the championship. “I know you’ll do well. You were on the shortlist of guys I was recommending when I was still in Hollywood. Now you’re here. Work hard. Keep your nose clean. You’ll do well. I’m trusting you, Jeb.”

Jeb nodded and pulled the belt off of his shoulder. “I know I’m not the hottest big man in the country. People would rather have Findlay, or Brandon, or Brody, or even Harker -- because they’re getting the Japanese bookings. I’m not. I’m going to give you everything I’ve got.”

I nodded. I believed him. Sure, I would have loved to be able to sign Findlay and Bulldozer so that I could have American Demolition. Brody could be a big star. Harker and his tag partner Tennessee William were on my short list for when we grow -- because The Southern Stars are great. None of them were affordable right now -- and they all had other gigs. I didn’t want guys who had Japanese commitments and other US commitments. It made booking them too restrictive. Jebediah was the best option for me at the moment, but I also believed in his talent. He had shown really good skills working for RIPW. I truly did believe that with the right booking, I could turn him in to a big star. “Just don’t let me down, kid.”

“I won’t.”

He walked off. He deserved a night to celebrate. I called after him. “I know you won’t.” Might as well let him know that I believe in him. Now to tear down…

[Monday, Week 1, February, 2016]

Financially, we had a bad month. I realized that looking down at the financial break down. We made some good money of sponsorships, but we also spent almost thirteen thousand dollars on talent -- that’s not something we can do moving forward. Not if we want to stay in business, but I knew that and I had spent the money on purpose. I needed to make a splash with the first show, but coming out of this one I would have to monitor the purse strings a little more closely.

My phone rang. I answered immediately. “Are you sure?” I knew what this call was about. It was a call back about a talent that I had heard was not being renewed by SWF. “You sure he’ll take my call?” I listened to the other end. “Well then text me his number. I will call him directly.”

This addition, along with the decision to bring in Hardcore Killah on a more regular basis after his positive reception at our first show and I could possibly have my heel situation taken care of. It was only a matter of moments before the text came in and I dialed the number. “Hey big fella, it’s Robert Oxford. I’m running a little company out of Denver called Rocky Mountain Wrestling and I heard that you’re not going to be renewed… I’m sorry to hear that, but I was wondering if you wanted to come be the Hell Hound of the Mountains… Yeah, we can pay that, no problem. Excellent. I’ll send over the actual paperwork so you know we’re locking it in, but I’m glad to have you aboard.”

I leaned back in my chair. Hardcore Killah and Hellion -- they’ll round out the roster to fifteen. A solid number that we can work with. I’ll use probably half that a show, maybe less depending on what I need, but we are building now.
Unread 11-09-2018, 11:58 PM
Low Minors

Hey Man, good to catch other of your diaries, Im always intrigued by your stories, and the fact we have that educators connection, always makes me happy when I see a diary of yours.

Pretty Good Roster, I like Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem alright, but I love The Aces of Mayhem as a team, so good call giving them the tag division instead of having them as solo wrestlers, dont get me wrong they can work good as individuals, but usually they work better as a team.

Ummm, Jebediah as Champion, he wouldnt be my first choice, but I like to see new people getting new opportunities, and I know you can book him well as champion, I was honestly going to bet on Riley McManus but good swerve, maybe if you went with McManus would seem to MAW, so I see why not, or maybe he wasnt in your plans.

Hellion, well that was unexpected, Im Calling it with a little work, this guy is going to be your main attraction.

Now, I have to tell a nitpick, because if not im going to be uncomfortable all diary, given how the game doesnt have states but regions, given the official maps made by the Devs, Denver isnt in the North West Region, is in the Mid South, but the Rockies are in the North West, just not the part of it that is in Denver, more like the Idaho-Montana Rockies, so the name of the company is factually correct.
Unread 11-10-2018, 02:07 AM
Hall of Fame

Awesome start, really enjoying this so far!
Unread 11-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Awesome start, really enjoying this so far!
Thank you very much! I do appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMultiGames
Hey Man, good to catch other of your diaries, Im always intrigued by your stories, and the fact we have that educators connection, always makes me happy when I see a diary of yours.

Pretty Good Roster, I like Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem alright, but I love The Aces of Mayhem as a team, so good call giving them the tag division instead of having them as solo wrestlers, dont get me wrong they can work good as individuals, but usually they work better as a team.

Ummm, Jebediah as Champion, he wouldnt be my first choice, but I like to see new people getting new opportunities, and I know you can book him well as champion, I was honestly going to bet on Riley McManus but good swerve, maybe if you went with McManus would seem to MAW, so I see why not, or maybe he wasnt in your plans.

Hellion, well that was unexpected, Im Calling it with a little work, this guy is going to be your main attraction.

Now, I have to tell a nitpick, because if not im going to be uncomfortable all diary, given how the game doesnt have states but regions, given the official maps made by the Devs, Denver isnt in the North West Region, is in the Mid South, but the Rockies are in the North West, just not the part of it that is in Denver, more like the Idaho-Montana Rockies, so the name of the company is factually correct.
I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to have you back on board. I'll be honest, I thought about McManus, but there is something about Jebediah that made me make the decision to go with him right at the beginning. Hellion was unexpected for me as well, but I had to pounce. Hopefully I'll be able to turn him into a star.

In response to the map, I'll be honest, I haven't seen it. I've always made up my own map of what states/cities were encompassed by what region using how the old pro wrestling territories were set up. So I apologize for the game-world inaccuracy, but darn it, I want to be in Denver and I already based us out of the North West, so, I'm suck (though, Denver is only a short drive from Wyoming) so for the purposes of this diary, Denver has been included into the North West territory -- at least for a base of operations, though we will probably be running our shows at some of the other buildings in the North West territory after awhile. Hopefully the inaccuracy won't keep you from enjoying the diary.
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:30 PM
Minor League

Some of my absolute favorite diaries on these boards are about the regional and below companies, and this diary is hitting all the reasons why that is so. From the unexpected win of Jebidiah to the logic behind creative but financially limited booking, I really am enjoying the read and can't wait for your next show!
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeLazyMagic View Post
Some of my absolute favorite diaries on these boards are about the regional and below companies, and this diary is hitting all the reasons why that is so. From the unexpected win of Jebidiah to the logic behind creative but financially limited booking, I really am enjoying the read and can't wait for your next show!
Thank you very much for your feedback. I should have the next chapter and card up tonight or tomorrow morning.
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Minor League

Hellion had agreed to terms. Hardcore Killah had agreed to terms. Our first show was reviewed nicely by the looking wrestling press, and I use the term press lightly. For the most part, it’s just guys who go to a lot of local wrestling shows and then go online and talk about them. For us though, right now it was much needed. Any positive promotion could only help us. We were just a local operation and while I had no intention of taking down the Packer’s and Eisen’s of the world, I would like to become a regional success so that we can maintain a full-time schedule, give guys a place to work, and really establish something special. Our own little niche nestled in the Rocky Mountains.

I took a drink from the water in front of me and looked down at the advertised card for our next show. It was a small card -- I wasn’t going to be using everyone on the same show again. That would be fiscally irresponsible. We had to maintain our budget, after all. This card would feature the acts I wanted to feature. Eight of our guys would be on the show. Just over half. That’s a solid number.

Quote:
Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: No Law, No Order
Saturday, Week 4, February, 2016

Main Event
Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship
Sixty-Minute Time Limit
Hardcore Killah versus Jebediah ©

Co-Main Event
Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship
Forty-Five Minute Time Limit
Muscle and Fitness [Justice Jolson and Richie Riggins] versus The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] ©

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Roger Menterio versus Hellion

Challenge Series Match #2
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Justice Jolson versus Max Mayhem

Challenge Series Match #1
Captain’s Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Richie Riggins versus Ace Youngblood

I looked over the card again. I was putting a lot of eggs in Jebediah’s basket -- he and Killah were going to finish the show and have to deliver. The tag teams were going to have to pull double duty -- but that was an old school wrestling trick. I learned it going to shows as a kid. Hopefully it will pay off for me. Only time will tell.
Unread 11-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Minor League

Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: No Law, No Order
Saturday, Week 4, February 2016
In Attendance: 83 People at Club X

Challenge Series Match #1
Captain’s Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Richie Riggins versus Ace Youngblood

In a decent match, Richie Riggins defeated Ace Youngblood via pinfall while holding a handful of tights. The match lasted 11:08. E+

Challenge Series Match #2
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Justice Jolson versus Max Mayhem

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub par wrestling, Justice Jolson defeated Max Mayhem via pinfall in 9:08 when he illegally used the ropes for leverage. E+

Hellion cuts a menace based promo for his debut match against Roger Monterio. C+.

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Roger Monterio versus Hellion

In a match that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub par wrestling, Hellion defeated Roger Monterio in 7:26 via pinfall after a Devastation Bomb [Sitout Powerbomb]. E.

Co-Main Event
Muscle and Fitness [Justice Jolson and Richie Riggins] versus The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] ©

In a decent match, the Aces of Mayhem defeated Muscle and Fitness in 19:29 when Ace Youngblood defeated Justice Jolson with a Chaos Effect. The Aces of Mayhem made defense number 1 of the Rocky Mountain Tag Team Championship. D-

Jebediah cuts a promo to hype his upcoming match with Hardcore Killah, E.

Main Event
Sixty-Minute Time Limit
Hardcore Killah versus Jebediah ©

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jebediah defeated Hardocre Killah in 16:12 via pinfall after a Sundown Splash. Jebediah makes defense number one of his Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Championship. E

Overall: The show increased our popularity in one region. E.
Unread 11-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Phenom

Glad to see you with another diary. Interesting story and with Jen as the champ, I will enjoy seeing how he does.
Unread 11-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Phenom

Fun little show... what is a "captain's match?"
Unread 11-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingRider View Post
Fun little show... what is a "captain's match?"
It’s an old southern wrestling spot show gimmick. You name two members of a tag team as captains and they go at it in a singles contest. It serves no real purpose other than to distinguish who is supposed to be the leader of each team.
Unread 11-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMultiGames View Post
I meant to add, I found the maps that someone shared, and I see that Colorado is listed in the Mid South territory, but the only venue that is definitely in Colorado is the Colorado Springs building. Since Colorado Springs is about 71 miles South of Denver, I'm going to use that as my official cut off point between the Mid South and North West, because darn it, Rocky Mountain Wrestling just makes sense to be based out of Denver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheel
Glad to see you with another diary. Interesting story and with Jen as the champ, I will enjoy seeing how he does.
Hopefully I can hold your interest. This one should be easier for me to maintain because I'm not writing the full results like I did before, so it makes shows significantly easier.
Unread 11-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Minor League

Monday, Week 1, March, 2016.

No Law, No Order went off okay. I would have liked the main event to be better, but apparently Hardcore Killah was taking advantage of me. He had showed up ready to work for the battle royal, but with a singles contest he didn’t show up in shape, almost hurt Jebediah when he botched a move and, simply put, at the worst performance of anyone that night. I expected a lot more from Killah, but he didn’t deliver and I’m not in the business of keeping people around just to keep them around. I let him know this morning that he would not be asked back. He understood. He’s been around a long enough time.

We drew more fans to No Law, No Order than we did to the Climb. We still lost money, but we only lost a small fraction of what we had lost before -- and most of our loss could be traced to the running of the dojo. As much as I want to train new talent, if we don’t see some growth within the year, I’ll probably have to close the training center. It’s not cheap to keep the lights on and I don’t want to have to keep losing money each month. This month was better though -- so if we grow a little bit we should be able to make up the difference.

I also put out a few phone calls this morning. Shady K is sitting unemployed right now and while he is it at the top end of what I would like to pay, he has some name value from his time on SWF and might be able to function as a top heel. I called Jack Griffith too -- but he’s not a long term solution. I only want to bring him in for a show. He’s expensive, I’ve seen some tapes of him from some indy gigs and he is a shell of a guy. Alcohol and pills can do that to you. I also called Phillipe LeGrenier. He’s a good looking kid. He has some good skills. I would have thought Jeremy or Alex would have brought him in full time -- or at least Troy. None of them have, so I might as well try. He could fill a void.

The last calls I put in were to the Boys from the Yukon from New York. While I want to make sure I don’t flood my roster with guys working elsewhere, I got a call from Steve that told me he might be finishing them up soon and he thinks their lumberjack gimmicks and overall style would fit nicely in what I’m trying to build -- so I might as well. They’re big, they’re burly, and if they can get over they could be a great addition to my roster.

I looked down at the plan for Wrestling Summit. Eventually, if we are able to tread water enough and become successful, I hoped to turn Wrestling Summit into a hallmark event for our organization. That comes in time though. Right now, I’m hoping this show brings us closer to breaking the century mark in attendance. It looks like we’ll have a new home in Club X. Not my first choice for a place to run shows, I’ll be honest. It was a gay bar that had terrible lighting. The patrons were super nice and the crowd we drew there was very much into the action, but you can only do so much with terrible lighting. It can fit three hundred people in it, though, so we had some room to grow.

I was pretty happy with the card for Wrestling Summit. It presented some good action and continued our smaller card trend, but featuring guys who were going to be players. It is also allowed me to continue to stagger featuring talent.

Quote:
Rocky Mountain Wrestling Presents: Wrestling Summit I
Saturday Week 4, March 2016

Main Event
Sixty Minute Time Limit
“Southern Justice” Jack Griffith versus “The Amish Mountain” Jebediah ©

Semi Main Event
National Guard [Desert Storm and The Silencer] versus The Aces of Mayhem [Ace Youngblood and Max Mayhem] ©

Special Attraction
Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Cip Conduit versus “Cowboy” Buck Winchester

Opening Contest
Eight Man Tag
$400 Bonus to the winning team
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Jebediah, Buck Winchester, and the Aces of Mayhem versus Jack Griffith, Cip Conduit, and National Guard