Unread 09-29-2018, 09:25 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_lit_tears View Post
Indeed it does.
Whole world is different.
Unread 10-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Locker Room Leader :)

I definitely feel like Outlaw is trolling us with all this reading....
Unread 10-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
I definitely feel like Outlaw is trolling us with all this reading....
Unread 10-05-2018, 09:58 AM

Every time someone uses that smiley in a mafia game context I get paid a dollar. I'm so rich now.
Unread 10-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Super Star

lol
Unread 10-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Super Star

This community has really died. Saddens me. Knowing I was one of the ones that departed.
Unread 10-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Hall of Fame

love the post bomb!
Unread 10-24-2018, 11:38 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoutlaw321 View Post
This community has really died. Saddens me. Knowing I was one of the ones that departed.
It is not just Mafia it is the whole site really. The diary section is pretty dead as well, when compared to what it once was.

As I said before one of the biggest problems for Mafia was the lack of newer players joining the game. If the same people play over and over again, all of the games seem to be exactly the same with different roles. It soon becomes boring or at least for me it did.

Also, a lot of the players seemed to age out of the site. When I first started playing games on here the vast majority of the players were in high school or college. People grow up, gain more responsibilities and whatnot.
Unread 10-25-2018, 04:57 AM

Forums in general are quieter than they used to be, with things like facebook having growing communities that get fans of everything heading over there. The less effort it takes to find something, the more likely it is for people to go to it and if someone is on facebook already then they are going there.

That said, it's not like there are fewer people playing GDS games... the fanbase is just spread out more thinly across more different platforms. Similarly, there are always mafia games out there too, but spread across more platforms too and with different ways of playing. I like the GDS style of game and didn't want to use other sites so I guess I'm the type of person I described above
Unread 10-25-2018, 06:40 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek B View Post
Forums in general are quieter than they used to be, with things like facebook having growing communities that get fans of everything heading over there. The less effort it takes to find something, the more likely it is for people to go to it and if someone is on facebook already then they are going there.

That said, it's not like there are fewer people playing GDS games... the fanbase is just spread out more thinly across more different platforms. Similarly, there are always mafia games out there too, but spread across more platforms too and with different ways of playing. I like the GDS style of game and didn't want to use other sites so I guess I'm the type of person I described above
I've ran smaller games(only because that's the only option for the demand) on other sites that I happen to play in leagues on. The play was, well to put it bluntly was severly lacking. The core group of players here back in the day was extremely strong. Very enjoyable. I'm not sure what the root cause of decline was, but I hate that it wasn't sustainable. My hope was that it would lead to an even larger group of players that would easily fill large games for a long time.

Unread 10-25-2018, 06:53 AM
Super Star

The many ideas for games that I had or have all require a large number of starting roles. I had several games at least partially written or at least brainstormed out when I disappearred. I will admit to having to go virtually go back and recreate all of that as the source I had those stored on was wiped clean and all notebooks dealing with mafia, Battlelines, TEW, BBCF, OOTP, etc were physically burned.

The vengance of a mentally unstable female...

Anyway, I would love to run games like the old days. With large number of roles, but given how hard it is for the small games to fill and be run, I just don't know if the effort would be worth it.
Unread 10-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHK1978 View Post
It is not just Mafia it is the whole site really. The diary section is pretty dead as well, when compared to what it once was.

As I said before one of the biggest problems for Mafia was the lack of newer players joining the game. If the same people play over and over again, all of the games seem to be exactly the same with different roles. It soon becomes boring or at least for me it did.

Also, a lot of the players seemed to age out of the site. When I first started playing games on here the vast majority of the players were in high school or college. People grow up, gain more responsibilities and whatnot.
I apologize for not including your response in my response to Derek.

I agree with the lack of new players. I also think a problem was the difference in those running games. I will say this as kind as I can; some people mod with the same effort they play. There were alot of great mods here. The problem was there were alot of mods that weren't as great. The issue was one of fairness. Who should be allowed to mod and under what guidelines. I thought the split between short and long games was a fair way to figure out who was qualified to run large games and whos attention to detail and attentiveness to the actual game was lacking.

The group that started play in the beginning was as a majority a bit older(at least it seemed that way.) But as you said, even the older guys seemed to age out or at least in my case have drastic real life situations that presented themeselves that led to their decline in involvement or out right disappearrance.
Unread 11-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Bunch of "Old-Timers" from a decade ago about to get mafia pumped back up.... should be outlawed.
Unread 11-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Super Star

Signups in the Dog Pound> http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...d.php?t=542251

Game will start shortly after current game ends.