Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-08-2018, 03:12 AM
Super Star

Why would you change the entire foundation of your promotion just to avoid an incredibly minor penalty to a match rating?
Unread 11-08-2018, 03:13 AM
Low Minors

With a B show, do wrestlers still gain overness even though the show's rating doesn't affect the company's overness? I'm trying to get Zimmy Bumfhole up to at least C+ (71 probably) pop before Supreme Challenge in a few months. Would booking him to win and look strong on my B show help speed up his pop gain?
Unread 11-08-2018, 04:25 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCycle View Post
Why would you change the entire foundation of your promotion just to avoid an incredibly minor penalty to a match rating?
That's a good point. I don't know how big of a penalty it is to be honest. I'm building my company around Helikaon and Champagne Lover is already on the decline so it's not that huge of a deal but yes, I do prefer that he stay as face. This'll be my first once-in-a-lifetime match so I want it to be perfect.
Unread 11-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemicode View Post
That's a good point. I don't know how big of a penalty it is to be honest. I'm building my company around Helikaon and Champagne Lover is already on the decline so it's not that huge of a deal but yes, I do prefer that he stay as face. This'll be my first once-in-a-lifetime match so I want it to be perfect.
The penalty isn't a big one at all.
Unread 11-08-2018, 06:19 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemicode View Post
If the turn goes badly itís likely to affect the match rating far more than face vs face would.
Unread 11-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Low Minors

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of continuing my plan to turn Champagne Lover heel then have him lose to Helikaon in the main event of my biggest show then have him face off against my best prospects in El Mitico and Hurakan.
Unread 11-09-2018, 06:08 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco100rounds View Post
With a B show, do wrestlers still gain overness even though the show's rating doesn't affect the company's overness? I'm trying to get Zimmy Bumfhole up to at least C+ (71 probably) pop before Supreme Challenge in a few months. Would booking him to win and look strong on my B show help speed up his pop gain?
They still gain popularity, but I think at a slightly lower rate (simulating that people don't watch a B-Show as much as they do an A-Show).

One of the main draws for using a B-Show is to have a place to experiment and build up talent so that they can be prepped for the main show and showing up on PPV's and the like.

So yeah, if you have Zimmy show up on the B-Show and look strong, he should become more over as long as you make him look strong and put him in the right angles.

Remember that beating less over workers won't do as much to his pop than beating more popular workers, and he can also easily lose pop gained on the B-Show if he is booked poorly on the A-Show. So try to focus on also employing his entertainment talents (if he has any) by putting him in angles that will score well, since angles also affect popularity and you'll want to give him as much opportunity to get more popular as you can.
Unread 11-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Minor League

Default Influence

Is their anything in-game you can do to change a wrestlers influence? I have a few wrestlers that are valuable members of my roster but they are starting to cause problems. I don't want to use the editor, I was hoping their were other things I could do to change their personality
Unread 11-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaster View Post
Is their anything in-game you can do to change a wrestlers influence? I have a few wrestlers that are valuable members of my roster but they are starting to cause problems. I don't want to use the editor, I was hoping their were other things I could do to change their personality
Honestly, there isn't many ways iirc. That's just an added factor of the game. If you choose to fire them, depending on how they take it they will improve their behavior. If you have high diplomacy you can improve their behavior every time there's an issue. Or ribbing them
Unread 11-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Minor League

Improving their morale by things like bonuses, time off, and compliments during post event speeches can help.
Unread 11-10-2018, 08:59 AM

Default Worker Pictures Not Showing Up

So I have two different databases, one in 2001 & one in 2018. In my 2001 save, worker pictures show up just fine but in my 2018 mod nearly half, if not more, are just blank. Both databases use the same picture folder & I even imported the 'Agers' section of the database over to 2018 and still nothing. I've noticed that the picture pack I have has the underscores, but if it uses the same database as my 2001 mod doesn't that just mean it should use the other pictures I have? I'm so confused.

Also, I use TheWho's mods for both databases. Not sure if that helps anything lol. Thanks in advance for the help.
Unread 11-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Super Star

If the mod wasn't set up for the pic pack then you need to go in an assign the pictures through the editor, as the mod could be set to use different name files.
Unread 11-11-2018, 02:46 AM

Here's one for you guys.

Impact (the whole company) got busted in my save with a sex scandal and supposedly the whole fed was marked as "toxic". I'm a couple months out from this happening and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions for this. Their popularity has been on the rise ever since, completely unhindered by said scandal.

Are larger companies less effected by this sort of RNG event? Or does it take a while for them to be damaged by it?

Just thought it was a little weird. I know when a worker becomes "toxic" it's a big deal.
Unread 11-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWriteDiaries View Post
So I have two different databases, one in 2001 & one in 2018. In my 2001 save, worker pictures show up just fine but in my 2018 mod nearly half, if not more, are just blank. Both databases use the same picture folder & I even imported the 'Agers' section of the database over to 2018 and still nothing. I've noticed that the picture pack I have has the underscores, but if it uses the same database as my 2001 mod doesn't that just mean it should use the other pictures I have? I'm so confused.

Also, I use TheWho's mods for both databases. Not sure if that helps anything lol. Thanks in advance for the help.
If you're using the same picture pack for both mods, then yes there will be missing pictures as 2001 was created by the modsquad and has its own pictures (msp) and 2018 by the who which also has his own set.
Unread 11-11-2018, 11:10 PM

Default Small bug report (bios)

A minor bug I came across...if you modify a bio for a worker who is currently employed via the worker editor, the game will not show the new bio if you open them from that company's roster. To fix this you have to open the company and then open the contracts editor- once you re-select the worker from the drop-down menu of names, the bio will refresh. Save it there, and it will be properly updated.

As an example, say you modify the worker DEVIL Karube's bio. It will not get updated when you open her bio through the 5SSW roster. To update it there you need to also open the 5SSW contract editor and re-select her to refresh the bio, before saving the new bio.