Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-04-2018, 05:39 AM
Living Legend

#1 Contender's Match (Elimination)
Chris King vs. Lincoln Nash vs. Lobo

Non-Title Match
Adam Sullivan vs. Ryan Strong

Open Challenge #2
James Heatly vs. ???
James Heatly will never lose. Even when he loses, it will be overturned.

Tag Team Match
Colt Kirchart & Jon Diamani vs. Shia Confusion
Shia H8tred coming at ya'
Unread 11-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Phenom

#1 Contender's Match (Elimination)
It's not time for King and Strong to square off again, and while Nash gives you the face vs heel match up, I don't buy him winning a triple threat elimination match yet. Lobo gives Strong a very interesting match up.

Non-Title Match
Sullivan rubs some of his performance stats off on Strong.

Open Challenge #2
James Heatly vs. ???
Heatly beats up another jobber I think

Tag Team Match
Don't see the faces losing here
Unread 11-05-2018, 10:22 AM
All Star

NEO Live! #4
Sunday, Week 1, July 2016
38 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Tag Team Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Colt Kirchart & Diamani defeated Shia Confusion in 9:07 when Colt Kirchart defeated Shia H8tred by pinfall with a Magnum DDT.

Rating: E
Quote:

Backstage Segment

Adam Sullivan cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Ryan Strong. Adam knows he isn't the same man he used to be, but the last thing to go in a wrestler is his punch, something that Ryan is going to be on the receiving end on a lot tonight. Half-joking, Adam mentions that while tonight's match only decides the order in which they will face off for the NEO Generational championship, the competitorsí will all be chomping at the bit to take win so they can take on a weakened Ryan Strong next month.

Rating: E+
Quote:

Flyiní Hawaiian vs. Jim Heatly
Singles Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jim Heatly defeated Flyin' Hawaiian in 7:04 by pinfall with a Lariat.

Quote:

In-Ring Segment

After the match, Jim Heatly takes the microphone and declares it's time for some real competition. Heís had a lot of fun beating up on some tomato cans, but now demands that NEO management give him a match with contracted NEO wrestlers next month.

Quote:

Non-Title Match

In a decent match, Adam Sullivan defeated Ryan Strong in 15:38 by disqualification after Strong blatantly hits Sullivan with the title in front of the ref to end the match.

Quote:

In-Ring Segment

As Chris King makes his way down to the ring, Lobo comes in from behind and begins his, now all too familiar, assault. Before much damage can be done, Lincoln Nash comes running out for the save. With all three men in the ring, the bell sounds and the match is off.

Quote:

#1 Contenderís Match (Elimination)

In a decent match, Lincoln Nash defeated Chris King and Lobo in a Three Way Elimination match in 22:17; the order of elimination was Chris King first, and then Lobo.

Rating: D
Overall Rating: D-

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 58%
Overness (SK): +0.5% (8.0%)
Prestige: +0.2% (3.2%)
Prestige: +1.0% (16.0%)
Foolish Commentary: After being slightly disappointed with my roster last month, they've pulled me back in. This is easily the best show we've ever done, thanks in large part to the main event, which is now our new best match of all time. I'm pretty ok with this being the best event too. I didn't plan for it, but it makes sense in kayfabe. The main event featured three of our best, the champion was in the semi-main event against the "owner" of the company, we brought in an outside tag team for a bit of a special attraction, and the "throw-a-way" match of the night was far better than expected thanks to Jim Heatly and Flyin' Hawaiian having excellent chemistry.

It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows as during the main event Lobo apparently ended up hurting Lincoln Nash (although he didn't have an injury in-game after the match). They now have shimmer tension, which isn't good, but is something that could be fixed with time (or user character shenanigans).

Finally, PHD was off the card, but somehow got called into wrestler's court. This is because the game assumes that if they are available to be booked that they are at the show. I wish in a future version of TEW you would be allowed to tell certain workers that they aren't going to be needed for the next show. Sure, you can use a brand split to get around this, but that's not really what that function is meant for and can be a bit tedious to manage.
Unread 11-09-2018, 08:30 AM
All Star

Not a lot of news to talk about this month. So I'll take a bit of time to post some of the files that I use when booking. This time itís how worked through the tournament.

I had the idea for the four way tie from the start as well having none of the wrestlers losing each and every match. With this in hand, I built a version of the table that I was posting through the events, only replacing the results with the point totals they represented. So an "L" would be replaced by a 0, a "W" with a 3, a "D" with a 1, and a "DQ" with a -1.

I had some ideas going in, like Chris King having a large number of ties due to being too much of a "wrestler" and that Lobo would get DQ'd losing a point to Ryan Strong, but a lot of it was trial and error. I changed the value of a win from 2 to 3 and keep changing the results until I got the results I did. After getting the result I wanted, I worked on match placement and added in the smaller details like interferences. Finally, I created tables that showed the progress after each show. While the main purpose was to post them in this diary, it ended up being a last check making sure that I didn't make a booking error.

Quote:
Overview July 2016

Promotional Progress
Overness (SK): +0.5% (7.5%)
Prestige: +0.2% (3.0%)
Prestige: +1.0% (15.0%)
Cash: +$1,005 (-$17,629)

Income Breakdown
Ticket Sales: $380
Sponsorships: $3,049
Merchandise: $479
Misc.: $1,223

Expenditures Breakdown
Workers: $2,470
Show Cost: $550
Marketing: $252
Merchandise: $169
Production: $240
Misc.: $392
Tax: $53

Current Estimated Finances
Sponsorships: $3,123
Marketing: $250
Administration (Misc.): $250
Legal (Misc.): $150
Production: $250
It's funny. It's only around $500 more than what I was making for the past two months, but there is just something about breaking the $1,000 mark in profit. I am finally starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel. Who knows, in a couple of month I might be able to get a bit crazy and have an announce team or a referee that doesn't hate me.

Quote:
Canadian Overview

Canada
Economy: C- (Rising)
Wrestling Industry: B+ (Rising)

24. Great North Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D
Highest Match Rating: C- (Bret Stone over Dillon Moore)

36. Calgary Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: C-
Highest Match Rating: C+ (Adam Massey over Porkchop Jr..)

41. Montreal Hardcore Revolution
Highest Event Rating: D+
Highest Match Rating: C- (Sami Switchblade over Elias Rook)

46. Western Canada Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: C-
Highest Match Rating: C- (Dwaine Kay over Keymo)

47. All Action Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D+
Highest Match Rating: C (Schism over B Smooth)

54. NEO Championship Wrestling
Highest Event Rating: D-
Highest Match Rating: D (Lincoln Nash over Chris King and Lobo)
We have the best event in our history with the greatest match in our history and would have gotten smoked in the our hypothetical regional battle. It's a good thing that we aren't going to be in one for a while.

On a side note, if there was a new T-Verse, I would hope that CCW would have blown past GNW, becoming Cult or near Cult. Adam Massey and Porkchop Jr. is one of the best things Canada has to offer and they have access to the American Wrestling Council, an alliance that includes Hollywood Championship Grappling. Something really bad would have had to happen for CCW not to have taken advantage of the situation.

Quote:
Wrestler Overness (Jun 1st -> Jul 1st)
Adam Sullivan: 17 -> 17
Chris King: 17 -> 16
Colt Kirchart: 14 -> 16
[b]Jim Heatly:[/b 13 -> 15
Jon Diamani: 18 -> 17
Lincoln Nash: 17 -> 18
Lobo: 17 -> 16
Patrick H. Dempset: 8 -> 8
Ryan Strong: 19 -> 18
This event lost us a bit of overall popularity, but honestly it's not that big of a deal. A little bit of popularity might go a long way, but, at the same time, it's not something to get in a way of telling interesting and logical stories.

NEO Live! #5

NEO Generational Title Match
Lincoln Nash vs. Ryan Strong ©

Tag Team Match
Adam Sullivan & Chris King vs. Jim Heatly & Patrick H. Dempset

Singles Match
Colt Kirchart vs. Lobo

Singles Match
Harbin Laurent vs. Jon Diamani
Unread 11-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolinc View Post
On a side note, if there was a new T-Verse, I would hope that CCW would have blown past GNW, becoming Cult or near Cult. Adam Massey and Porkchop Jr. is one of the best things Canada has to offer and they have access to the American Wrestling Council, an alliance that includes Hollywood Championship Grappling. Something really bad would have had to happen for CCW not to have taken advantage of the situation.
Unread 11-11-2018, 01:18 PM
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHero View Post
Just saying.
Unread 11-11-2018, 10:38 PM

Tag Team Match

Singles Match
Colt Kirchart vs. Lobo

Singles Match
Unread 11-11-2018, 10:43 PM
Minor League

NEO Live! #5

Tag Team Match

Singles Match
Colt Kirchart vs. Lobo

Singles Match
Unread 11-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Not yet time for a title change.

Tag Team Match
Dempset ainīt yet on the same level than others in terms of popularity so he takes the loss.

Singles Match
Colt Kirchart vs. Lobo
I could see Colt getting a win here if you want to give him a second shot at Strong but I still go with Lobo who has been your best performer so far.

Singles Match
Regular roster member over new one.
Unread Yesterday, 06:23 AM
Super Star

Tag Team Match

Singles Match
Colt Kirchart vs. Lobo

Singles Match
Unread Yesterday, 01:05 PM
All Star

NEO Live! #5
Monday, Week 2, August 2016
41 people in Saskatchewan

Quote:

Colt Kirchart vs. Lobo
Singles Match

In a decent match, Lobo defeated Colt Kirchart in 11:10 by pinfall with a Wolf's Call.

Rating: D-
Quote:

In-Ring Segment

After the match Lobo tries to continue his assault on a prone Colt Kirchart, but Jon Diamani comes out for the save. Jon checks on Colt while Lobo marches his way to the back satisfied with the damaged he has caused.

Quote:

Singles Match

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Jon Diamani defeated Harbin Laurent in 7:02 by pinfall with a Knee To The Temple.

Rating: E-
Quote:

In-Ring Segment

Lincoln Nash had an interview with Adam Sullivan hyping his upcoming singles match with Ryan Strong. Nash puts over the fact he hasnít lost in singles competition since the first night of the Generational tournament and says he doesnít intend on breaking the streak tonight.

Quote:

Tag Team Match

In a decent match, Jim Heatly & PHD defeated Adam Sullivan & King in 10:37 when Jim Heatly defeated Adam Sullivan by pinfall with a handful of tights. Ė E+

Quote:

Backstage Segment

Ryan Strong cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Lincoln Nash. Strong puts over Nash as a fierce competitor, but says that Lincoln just isnít on his level (no one is). Ryan says that he used to be like Nash, a talented youngster who wanted to impress the crowd (especially the ladies), but that it only lead to failure when the lights were the brightest. Tonight, heís going to show Nash just how bright the lights are at the top of the mountain.

Rating: D+
Quote:

In a decent match, Ryan Strong defeated Lincoln Nash in 22:40 by pinfall with a Strong Style Collision. Ryan Strong makes defence number 3 of his NEO Generational title.

Rating: D
Overall Rating: D

Quote:
Promotional Progress
Backstage: 57%
Overness (SK): +0.7% (8.7%)
Prestige: +0.2% (3.4%)
Prestige: +1.0% (17.0%)
Foolish Commentary: After tonight, I think I can call this our new normal. We have moved away from E+ shows and are firmly in the D territory from now until we break through into the C range. Iím especially happy since Ryan Strong plus a D+ in an angle. Iím pretty sure itís the highest angle weíve had that wasnít menace based.

In other news, you might have noticed that we gained +0.7% popularity this month. An extra 0.2% might not seem like much, but trust me, it adds up. For example, in a previous game, I started in a situation where the industry was booming. After 12 shows that promotion had 8.4% popularity or about five shows more worth of overness compared to our current run. Due to this, my plan is going to chance slightly. Instead of running one show all the way through the end of the year, I will run three more shows, one in September and two in October. Assuming each show continues to net us 0.7% popularity per show, that would put us at 10.8% overness in Saskatchewan at the end of October.

This is important because 11.0% popularity is the threshold to enter into Regional Battles, something I donít want to do unprepared. Speaking of being prepared, by ending in October, we will then have two months without shows and, more importantly, two months without event expenses. There is a part of me that wants to strike while the iron is hot, but additional shows might mess with what I want to do at the start of 2017.

Finally there were a couple of backstage notes. Chris King was in wrestler's court and I successfully meddled and got the tension between Lobo and Nash removed. If only I could do that with Jim and Lee.