Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-28-2018, 10:31 PM
Low Minors

The tension was palpable backstage today, this wasn't just a normal show...this was a go home show. The first PPV of the CW era was only a few days away and tonight needed to hook fans in if we were going to get any buys. I took the opportunity to have a meeting to go over our plans for the PPV and nail a few things down before finding a good spot in the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena to watch some Impact Wrestling...

Impact Wrestling May 24, 2018
Quote:
Match 1: Bob Holly vs. Sami Calihan

Thoughts on the Match: As the match began, Rob Moore and Con Callis made sure to explain that Sami had requested this match to show he was better than Eddie Edwards by defeating Bob Holly quicker than Eddie Edwards had. In fact there was a count down clock at the bottom of the screen showing Eddie’s time against Calihan’s, and in fact Sami was able to get the pin fall with his Stump Piledriver with one second remaining.

Result: In a decent match, Sami Callihan defeated Bob Holly in 13:21 by pinfall with an Assault Driver.

Grade: D
Quote:
After the match Rob Moore and Don Callis tried to open the show from the commentary table but were interrupted by Sami who crazily went on about how he couldn’t wait to watch and see Tommy and Eddie destroy each other “and I’ll be there afterwards to make sure all the pieces are mopped up.” It wasn’t exactly what we wanted him to say, but Sami seemed a bit lost out there after the match he had just endured.
Quote:
Match 2: Chandler Park vs. Kongo Kong

Thoughts on the Match: We allowed Chandler Park to show his wrestling skills a bit more in this match to further the storyline of him training to be a wrestler. But it was Kong who controlled the match with his size and “experience” and picked up the fall even with Joseph Park trying to cheer his “cousin” on from the outside.

Result: In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Kongo Kong defeated Chandler Park in 7:38 by pinfall with The Cracker-jack.

Grade: D-
Quote:
After the match Kongo Kong dropped a Splash on Chandler Park, and Joseph Park rolled into the ring looking to defend him. Jimmy Jacobs just shook his head, when Moose came running out from the back and went after Kongo Kong. At first Moose managed to have the upper hand against the behemoth, but when Moose went to pick him up for a Bodyslam he was unable to due to his injured ribs and that allowed Kongo Kong to get some damage in on Moose prior to their match at One Night Only: Zero Fear.
Quote:
Don Callis was in the ring to host a face to face interview between Tessa Blanchard and Taya….but that was not the big surprise. Instead it was the fact that Rob Moore was joined at the commentary table by…

….TENILLE DASHWOOD! Yes, Tenille had been a part of Ring Of Honor just last week but her and Delirious had some sort of fall out that had resulted in them mutually agreeing she was done in the company, and so their loss is our gain as I look forward to having her in the company. Inside the ring Tessa and Taya both got some verbal shots in, before coming nose to nose to end the segment.
Quote:
Up next a video package was shown summing up some of the activities of Impact Wrestling Global Ambassador Hulk Hogan in the past few weeks. One event was interrupted though as Josh Matthews showed up while Hogan was signing some autographs and tried to interview him, but Hogan kept ignoring him, and finally his security dragged Matthews away, but Josh could be heard yelling “I’ll get you, I’ll get all of you…..I’ll see you Sundayyyyyyy…..”
Quote:
A backstage video was shown of an irate Eli Drake giving a dress down to Scott Steiner while promoting that they were going to get a rematch with Z&E for the tag team titles at Zero Fear, and Drake said Steiner better not screw up things this time. That led to Scott going off on a trademark rant about how “those two b****es got lucky once, but that was a once in a lifetime thing, and he was going to enjoy tossing them around with ease using the largest arms in the words because he was the freakiest freak who had ever freaked and those two nobodies didn’t stand a chance.” Or something like that. It was Scott Steiner, you do the math.
Quote:
Match 3: Desi Hit Squad vs. LAX

Thoughts on the Match: After a bit of a rough going lately this was the match where Ortiz and Santana finally managed to get back on the winning side in a short match that was all about showcasing the LAX.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Latin American Xchange defeated Desi Hit Squad in 5:32 when Ortiz defeated Rohit Raju by pinfall.

Grade: D-
Quote:
Tommy Dreamer had filmed a message for Eddie Edwards: “All I had tried to do is save you from yourself, and you broke me open and left me a bloody mess in the middle of the ring. You woke me up Eddie, and now I’m going to beat you within an inch of your life. You won’t be worrying about Sami Calihan anymore, you won’t be worrying about anything because you’re going to be in a hospital in traction. You picked one bad mother f***er to mess with Eddie and now I’m going to teach you a lesson….hardcore style.”
Quote:
Match 4: Dezmond Xavier vs. YANG

Thoughts on the Match: When word went out that I was looking to bring in some veteran’s to help in the X-Division I was surprised to heard that the former Jimmy Wang Yang was interested in returning to the ring to help us out after being “retired” for two years. I wasn’t sure how much ring rust he would have on him, or how good he would even look, but he blew me away by coming in and having a really good match with Dezmond. I don’t know what to say other than it appeared they had some great chemistry because I’m not sure how they could have had the match they did otherwise.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, YANG defeated Dezmond Xavier in 7:31 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Moonsault.

Grade: C-
Quote:
Ortiz and Santana were in their clubhouse celebrating when Eddie Kingston came in and grabbed a can of beer and threw it at the wall. “You’re celebrating because you got a victory? Is that all it takes for you now? You used to be Tag Team Champions of the World, act like it! But you know what, I’ve got good news…..I went and spoke to some of the big wigs in the back, made a little deal…and now you two are in the Tag Team match at Zero Fear! So it’s time to put down the drinks, and it’s time to start training because you aren’t going to let me down like you let Konnan down!”
Quote:
El Hijo del Fantasma was given the opportunity to explain himself and his actions last week. He was sick and tired of being overlooked here in Impact Wrestling. In Mexico I am a King, but here in Impact Wrestling it’s wrestlers like Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix, Drago and even Aero Star who were being talked about. It was time that changed, it was time that the people came to realize that El Hijo is the best from Mexico and he would take out each and every other masked wrestler who got in his way….one…..by……one.
Quote:
Match 5: Aero Star/Drago vs. Matt and Mike Sydal

Thoughts on the Match: While the commentators wanted to make sure they continued to hype the X-Division Championship match between Matt Sydal and Drago at One Night Only: Zero Fear they also announced that the World X Cup would be returning in July and August, but that we would have our first match with World X Cup ramifications on Sunday when Aero Star got a shot at revenge when he faced off with El Hijo del Fantasma, with the winner being made the Captain for Mexico’s entry into the World X Cup. The match itself was another good match with everyone elevating Mike Sydal to their level so that we got a good match, but in the end it was also Mike who took the pin fall from Drago after a Flip DDT.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Aero Star and Drago defeated Matt Sydal and Mike Sydal in 8:26 when Drago defeated Mike Sydal by pinfall.

Quote:
Another great video package played on Brian Cage ending with “Cage Returns…..Sunday!”
Quote:
One final hype video for Zero Fear played, this time recapping the feud between Allie and Su Yung and hyped their title match on Sunday with the question of being how far into her dark side was Allie willing to go to try and retain her title?
Quote:
Don Callis and Rob Moore were talking about all of the great matches at One Night Only: Zero Fear when they stopped as there was a commotion going on near the ring as someone was walking down and taking a seat in the front row….could it be? Yes…..it’s the one and only…..

…..”COWBOY” JAMES STORM!! Storm took a seat and was staring into the ring intensely while sipping on a nice cold beverage.
Quote:
Match 6: “American Great” Jake Hager/Austin Aries vs. Los Lucha Bro’s

Thoughts on the Match: This was a very important match for us, and not just because it was the final hype for our big PPV….but it was also Jake Hager’s first televised match for us, and we needed him to go out and win the fans of Impact Wrestling over. With that we told Hager to up his intensity out there and to use his height advantage to really come off as impressive looking. The end of the match saw Pentagon and Hager outside of the ring and Pentagon was about to try and drop Hager to the match with a Fear Factor when he was distracted by James Storm who had stood up and looked like me might actually jump over the railing. The distraction allowed Hager to flip Pentagon Jr over with a Back Body Drop, and then he picked him up and tossed him into the ring steps before rolling him back into the ring and ending the match with a Swagger Bomb!

Result: In a bout that had great wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Austin Aries and Jake Hager defeated Lucha Bro's in 16:48 when Jake Hager defeated Pentagon Jr. by pinfall with a Swagger Bomb after a distraction from James Storm.

Grade: C
Quote:
After the match the beatdown continued with Jake Hager getting an Ankle Lock on Pentagon Jr, but watching that Aries did to Rey Fenix was a bit more difficult. With Pentagon Jr watching Aries took Fenix up and dropped him with two Brainbuster’s before locking in a Last Chancery fully committing to his new heel persona and ending the go home show of Impact with Los Lucha Bro’s locked in painful submission holds weakening before the title matches at Zero Fear.
Final Grade: B-
Quote:
X-Plosion taping

Don Callis and Rob Moore sum up Impact Wrestling from Thursday in a few minutes focusing on the Main Event and afterwards the damage inflicted by Austin Aries and Jake Hager (D+)

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Dezmond Xavier defeated Mike Sydal in 7:51 by submission. (D)

The London Calling video again…..someone is coming on Sunday!

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Extreme Tiger, Laredo Kid and Taiji Ishimori defeated Desi Hit Squad (Gursinder Singh, Rohit Raju and Vikas Kumar) in 6:53 when Taiji Ishimori defeated Rohit Raju by pinfall with a Hammerlock DDT. (D+)

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Taya defeated Sienna in 7:52 by pinfall with a Swinging Side Slam. (D-)

Trevor Lee and Caleb Konley were out, and Lee challenged anyone to come out and face him…..but when the undefeated Argenis answered the challenge Lee all of a sudden came up lame and announced that Konley would be taking his spot. (E+)

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Argenis defeated Caleb Konley in 8:23 by pinfall. (D)

One final great hype video for One Night Only: Zero Fear (B)

Final Grade: C-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbrock100 View Post
Big fan of Z&E winning the belts like IRL love both workers and like their chemistry as a team hopefully they get a lengther run then IRL.

Loved the Sydal's and Drago stuff definitely different and unique not alot of ppl do utilize Mike Sydal and his relationship

Very interested in the Knockout's championship heading into Zero Fear and what you will do when Rosemary inveibtly comes back from injury down the line.

Love the Eddie stuff IRL and how you are presenting and doing it. Nice ish to see Bob Holly make a rare appearance.

Planting seeds with Jimmy Jacobs. I love SEEDS! Pretty decent pay off this week with the Parks saving Moose and chasing off Jacobs and his monster.

No surprise the world champ and his brother won am interested in Fantasma and his possible feud with Aero Star or his singles run.

Love the Grand Championship is still around atleast for now always felt Impact needed a true minor championship for everyone and Aries holding that belt and raising everyone else up isn't too shabby. A good show this week imo furthering most if not all the storylines
Thank you again for the kind words.....as mentioned early on in the diary the Grand Championship will be going away at Slammiversary....but I do agree with you about Impact needing a true minor championship....and I do have something up my sleeves for that....so stay tuned!

Official Prediction Contest!!!

Alright here we go, let's get this thing rolling....

Quote:
Impact Wrestling World Championship: Pentagon Jr© vs. “American Great” Jake Hager
Impact Wrestling Grand Championship: Austin Aries© vs. Rey Fenix
Impact Wrestling X-Division Championship: Matt Sydal © vs. Drago
Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship: Elimination Match: Z & E © vs. El Drake/Scott Steiner vs. LAX
Impact Wrestling Knockout’s Championship: Allie© vs. Su Yung
House of Hardcore Rules: Eddie Edwards vs. Tommy Dreamer
Winner will be the Captain of Team Mexico: Aero Star vs. El Hijo del Fantasma
Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Bonus Point: Who is the “London calling” video package about?
Unread 07-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Rookie

Impact Wrestling World Championship: Pentagon Jr© vs. “American Great” Jake Hager
Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship: Elimination Match: Z & E © vs. El Drake/Scott Steiner vs. LAX
Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Bonus Point: Who is the “London calling” video package about? Nick Aldis
Unread 07-29-2018, 01:29 AM
Super Star

Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Bonus Point: Who is the “London calling” video package about? Magnus
Unread 07-29-2018, 08:30 AM
Super Star

Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Bonus Point: Who is the “London calling” video package about? Brutus Magnus baby!!
Unread 07-29-2018, 10:21 AM
Low Minors

Still very entertained by what you're giving us! I'm looking forward to the PPV, and I will take more time to develop what I'm thinking about it all.

Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Unread 07-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Low Minors

Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Unread 07-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Living Legend

Kongo Kong vs. Moose
Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard
Cage vs. ???
Bonus Point: Who is the “London calling” video package about? Nick Aldis/Magnus/Brutus Magnus/Oblivion from UK Gladiators
Unread 08-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Low Minors

ZERO FEAR

Attendance: 7318
PPV Buyrate: 129,792 buys

Quote:
Prior to the beginning of the show there was a short tribute to Abdullah the Butcher who passed away the previous evening with a picture of him on the screen and the years 1941-2018.

Quote:
After the screen faded to black for about 15 seconds there was a great opening video that went over all the big matches of the evening before Rob Moore and Don Callis welcomed everyone to the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Missouri with some final hype for the two big Main Event matches on the way to title unification at Slammiversary!
-vs-
Quote:
Match 1: Winner will be the Captain of Team Mexico in the World X Cup: Aero Star vs. El Hijo del Fantasma

The Match: This was the first opportunity to see heel El Hijo del Fantasma in Impact Wrestling, which will hopefully help him to show off his talents better. The match started off with El Hijo and Aero Star circling each other, before finally locking up and del Fantasma trying to take charge right away by keeping Aero Star grounded as much as possible. But Aero Star used his speed to fight back against El Hijo del Fantasma. The tide turned when Aero Star went for a move off of the second rope, and El Hijo instead caught him in the back with a Dropkick which stopped Aero Star’s momentum and actually caused him to flip forward over the ropes and crash down to the outside. El Hijo del Fantasma than ran off of the ropes and flew through the ropes and caught Aero Star with his trademark Tope Suicida! Instead of following up on that move, El Hijo del Fantasma rolled Aero Star back into the ring but then stopped to mock the fans. That gave Aero Star the chance to recover and he caught El Hijo with a Baseball Slide and then climbed on the middle rope on the outside and jumped up, before falling backwards and connecting with La Bombita! Both men slowly climbed to their feet and Aero Star rolled El Hijo del Fantasma into the ring before going to the top turnbuckle and looking for a Corkscrew Crossbody but El Hijo del Fantasma had moved out of the way and Aero Star crashed into the mat which easily set him up for an El Fantasmic Driver which was enough for the pin fall and the Captaincy for El Hijo del Fantasma.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, El Hijo del Fantasma defeated Aero Star in 7:49 by pinfall

-vs-
Quote:
Match 2: Kongo Kong vs. Moose

The Match: As a callback to Diamond Dallas Page, Moose made his way out with his ribs taped up with white kinesiology tape. Kongo Kong was not alone as he was accompanied by his manager Jimmy Jacobs who was dressed to the nines for this match. Jacobs actually had his back to the ring when Moose tried to end the match quickly with a Bicycle Kick on Kongo Kong but it wasn’t enough to take Kong down. Instead it caused Moose to bend over and wince in pain, and Kong went after his ribs. There was a lot of that for the rest of the match as Kong kept going after the ribs, and then tried for a pin fall but Moose would manage to kick out. At one-point Kongo Kong had dropped one Splash from the top turnbuckle, but then Jacobs called for him to go up for another one. This time when Kong came off of the turnbuckle Moose managed to get his knee’s up and Kongo Kong crashed onto the knees and rolled over. While it had stopped Kong’s onslaught, it also injured Moose’s knee and he was rolling around clutching that. Both men slowly stood to their feet and Moose tried to pick Kong up for a Bodyslam…..but he fell backwards and Kongo Kong was on top and got a two count! Jacobs was jumping up and down pointing to the top turnbuckle, and indeed Kongo Kong pulled Moose into place and went to the top turnbuckle for one more Splash. Moose managed to block that, and sent Moose flying off of the turnbuckle and onto his back across the ring! With the fans cheering him on Moose picked Kongo Kong up and dropped him with a Bodyslam!! Frantically Jacobs climbed up onto the ring apron and Moose knocked him out with a punch to the face and then he turned around and caught Moose with the Discus Lariat he called The Game Breaker and that sealed the victory for Moose.

Result: In a poor match, Moose defeated Kongo Kong in 8:07 by pinfall with a The Game Breaker.

Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship
-vs--vs-
Quote:
Match 3: Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship: Z & E © vs. Eli Drake/Scott Steiner vs. LAX

The Match: This match began with all six men in the ring throwing punches and kicks before Eli Drake and Scott Steiner retreated out of the ring to leave DJ E and Ortiz in the ring. Z & E and LAX kept tagging in and out to their own partners while Eli Drake and Scott Steiner were content to stay on the outside realizing this was an elimination match. DJ Z and Santana finally went for a Crossbody Block at the same time and both went down, and that was when Eli Drake did reach in and get the tag and he entered the ring and started to kick away at DJ Z. Now Drake and Steiner took turns tagging in and out and isolated DJ Z before they finally sent him off of the ropes with a Double Irish Whip…and DJ Z reversed it with a DDT on each man! Slowly he managed to make his way over and made a tag out to the nearest wrestler…tagging in Santana! Eli Drake saw that and he made a tag….to Andrew Everett! Santana and Everett went straight at each other and started to throw blows at each other, Santana won that and then caught Everett with a Superkick. Before he could go for the pin fall he was distracted by an argument that was going on outside of the ring. Both Ortiz and Santana looked down to where Diamante was fighting with security to get through to Eddie Kingston who she was screaming at! DJ Z tagged in to Andrew Everett and rolled Santana up for the one…..two….three! LAX had been eliminated! Eli Drake took instant advantage running into the ring and going after Andrew Everett! Drake and Steiner were well on their way to winning the Tag Team titles back after Drake threw DJ Z out of the ring and Scott Steiner had Andrew Everett up on the top turnbuckle looking to hit the Frankensteiner! It connected and sent Everett flying across the ring…right onto the shoulders of Eli Drake for a Huracanrana for the one…..two….THREE! Scott Steiner had been posing and missed the pin fall attempt and by the time he turned around and tried to break up the hold it was just too late!

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Z & E defeated Eli Drake and Scott Steiner and Latin American Xchange in 15:39; the order of elimination was Latin American Xchange first, and then Eli Drake and Scott Steiner. Z & E make defence number 1 of their Impact World Tag Team titles.

-vs-
Quote:
Match 4: Taya vs. Tessa Blanchard

The Match: These two superstars were determined who was to show the best and so every moment of this match was a fight between the two. The match began with a struggle over an elbow and collar tie up that resulted in Taya tossing Tessa out of the ring, and then she followed after her and gave her some hard Chops across the chest before rolling her back into the ring. Things started to turn around when Taya went for a big boot to the head and Tessa dropped down to her back and followed up with a Dropkick to Taya’s back before going after Taya’s knee weakening her for the Figure Four. Taya managed to get to the ropes to break up the submission hold, although Tessa made sure to keep the hold locked in as long as possible to maximize the damage. For the rest of the match Taya was noticeably limping and Tessa kept going back for the knee at every opportunity. Taya did recover and it looked like she even would have a chance to end the match with the Road to Valhalla but when Taya’s knee went out Tessa managed to instead get out and lock the Figure Four on in the middle of the ring forcing Taya to eventually have to give up and end the match.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Tessa Blanchard defeated Taya in 7:57 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.

Grade: D+
Quote:
After the match Tessa Blanchard would not drop the Figure Four Leglock and the referee looked like he was actually about to reverse the finish when Tenille Dashwood came running down from the back and slid into the ring and went after Tessa who rolled out of the ring. Tenille dropped down to check on Taya who was clutching her injured knee.
Quote:
Match 5: Mike Sydal vs. “London Calling”

The Match: Mike Sydal stood in the ring while a “London Calling” video package played on the screen, before the view shifted to a man who had his back to the crowd. He was wearing a tall top hat and a trench coat with his arms out stretched before turning around to reveal….

….PAUL LONDON! London climbed the turnbuckles to soak in the adulation from the fans, when Sydal attacked him from behind and dragged him off and started to punch away at his face. The two crisscrossed in the ring before London finally connected with a Flying Leg Lariat and then managed to have enough time to take off the trench coat. After that it settled into a match that featured some good high flying moves, but also saw a fair amount of decent wrestling on the mat. Sydal tried to end the match with a Moonsault but London moved out of the way and caught Sydal with a Dropsault before going to the top and flying off with his London Calling Shooting Star Press to pick up the victory.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Paul London defeated Mike Sydal in 7:53 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.

-vs-
Quote:
Match 6: House of Hardcore Rules: Eddie Edwards vs. Tommy Dreamer

The Match: Tommy Dreamer made sure to bring out a garbage can full of the usual plunder which he threw into the ring at Eddie Edwards at the bell rang to star the match. Dreamer slid into the ring and both men exchanged blows, before Dreamer went lock with a kick to the gut to set up a DDT. Tommy rolled out of the ring to go after the garbage can, which he then used to cut off a suicide dive from Eddie Edwards. Tommy threw the garbage can back into the ring, reached under the ring and pulled out a staple gun and threatened to use it on Edwards but Eddie caught Tommy with a low blow and then rolled him into the ring. Edwards followed Dreamer in with the staple gun, and Tommy had to quickly get his hands on a kendo stick which he smacked Edwards in the rib with to slow him down. Dreamer slowly stood to his feet and went for a couple more shots, but then Eddie managed to catch the kendo stick with his armpit and he just walloped Tommy across the head with the staple gun! One more shot and now Dreamer was dazed and he dropped to his knee. With a look of confusion on his face Edwards threatened to staple Tommy, but Dreamer went low to stop that! As Tommy came to his feet he grabbed the staple gun and both him and Edwards fought over that, a battle that Tommy won by getting the staple gun away from Eddie. Edwards responded with a kick and then went for a Sunset Flip but Tommy blocked that and then grabbed Edwards by the hair and STAPLED him in the forehead! Desperately Eddie rolled out of the ring, but Tommy followed him and grabbed a cup of beer from a fan and dumped it on Eddie’s bleeding forehead. Enjoying the fans a bit too much, Tommy fell victim to Eddie lifting him up and crotching him on the guard rail. While Tommy recovered from that Eddie slid a couple of steel chairs into the ring, and the rolled Tommy into the ring. Edwards opened the chairs up and then went to position Tommy across them, while going to the top turnbuckle. It looked like Eddie was going to go for a Double Stomp, but Tommy caught him on the top turnbuckle…SPICOLLI DRIVER FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE ON THE OPEN CHAIRS! ONE….TWO….EDWARDS KICKED OUT! In disbelief Tommy Dreamer stood to his feet with his mouth open, but like the veteran he was he did not dwell on the kick out. Instead he dropped outside and pulled out a table much to the satisfaction of the fans. Sliding the table into the ring Tommy wasn’t done as he grabbed some lighter fluid! Dreamer prepared the table to light it up it, but when he turned around Edwards had recovered and threw one steel chair at Dreamer’s head before he managed to catch him with a chair assisted Boston Knee Party! But a pin fall was not good enough for Edwards, he wanted to make Dreamer quit as he dragged him to the middle of the ring and locked in an Achilles Lock, keeping the hold locked in until Tommy Dreamer had no choice but to submit!

Result: In a poor match, Eddie Edwards defeated Tommy Dreamer in 13:22 by submission with an Achilles Lock.

Quote:
Edwards was not done with Tommy Dreamer as he continued to beat him down with the Kendo Stick and then proceeded to choke him with it. Referee’s were trying to get Edwards to let go as Dreamer’s eyes were rolling back into his head. Sami Calihan looked like he was about to jump into the ring when….

….RAVEN CAME DOWN TO THE RING!! As Raven slid into the ring Sami dropped back to the desk, and everyone was in shock watching Raven….what was he going to do? The answer was he forced Edwards off and then put his body on Tommy’s to protect him from any more violence. Edwards stood there with the Kendo Stick…..not sure if he should hit Raven, as Don Callis was going crazy on the microphone yelling that Raven was “corporate now” working backstage and if Edwards touched him he would be in BIG trouble! Finally Edwards did back away leaving Raven to check on his enemy(?) Tommy Dreamer.

Impact Wrestling Knockout's Championship
-vs-
Quote:
Match 7: Impact Wrestling Knockout’s Championship: Allie© vs. Su Yung

The Match: Su Yung made her way out first with her Undead Bridesmaid’s carrying a coffin in front of her, a coffin that was very similar looking to the one that had been used to carry Rosemary off to who knows where. Allie came out but she didn’t even stop at the ramp to connect with the fans, as she instead raced right for the ring, slid in and started to punch away at Su Yung. Eventually the referee had to get in between the two of them and was trying to get the Knockout’s Championship belt off of Allie but Su Yung instead took Allie down with a Thesz Press and started to fire off some Forearm Smashes to the face. Allie stopped that with a poke to the eye and then flipped Su Yung over onto her back and started to punch away at Yung’s face. Once more the referee intervened by pulling Allie up and off of Su Yung and forced her to take the title off, which Allie quickly did before getting a kick to the head of Su Yung. Allie would continue to attack Su Yung at every opportunity but the Undead Bridesmaids kept interfering and Allie would get distracted by going after them. The match would end up outside with Allie tossing Su Yung into the coffin before rolling her back into the ring. Before Allie could get back into the ring she went after the Undead Bridesmaid one more time, picking one of them up and dropping her on the coffin with a Bodyslam. Rolling back into the ring Allie fell victim to The Purge and it looked like that was going to be the end of the match but Allie managed to get a foot on the bottom rope. Su Yung pulled Allie to her feet, but Allie went crazy with punches and screaming in anger and when an Undead Bridesmaid got up on the ring apron Allie drove Su Yung’s face right into her’s knocking her off. From there Allie connected with the Allie DT for one….two….Su Yung kicked out! Desperate Allie rolled out of the ring to grab the Knockout’s Championship, looking to take Su Yung’s head off with it but again the referee intervened grabbing the belt and pulling it away from Allie. That distraction led to Su Yung giving the Mist to Allie and then hitting the Panic Switch for ONE….TWO….THREE!! NEW KNOCKOUT’S CHAMPION!

Result: In a poor match, Su Yung defeated Allie in 8:25 by pinfall with a Panic Switch. Su Yung wins the Impact Knockouts title.

Impact Wrestling X-Division Championship
-vs-
Quote:
Match 8: Impact Wrestling X-Division Championship: Matt Sydal © vs. Drago

The Match: Surprisingly both men came out to this match by themselves and it would actually stay that way throughout the entire match. Things started off quickly with Drago and Matt Sydal testing each other, before Drago took him down with a very quickly snapped off Headscissors takedown before attempting a couple of quick pin fall attempts and then settling into submission moves to wear Sydal down. Finally, Sydal rolled out of the ring and held his fingers up to his “third eye” and began to repeat a mantra over and over to himself. Drago slid out of the ring to go after him, but Sydal slid back into the ring and called for Drago to join him. When Drago made his way into the ring it allowed Sydal to go after him with some kicks until Drago caught Matt Sydal’s foot and held him in that position for a few moments. Finally Drago spun him all the way around and then went for a Powerbomb but Sydal managed to get out of that and landed on his feet so Drago fired off three kicks, the last being a Spinkick that dropped Matt Sydal to the ground. It looked like Drago was going to end the match when he jumped over a fallen Sydal looking to hit his Running twisting moonsault plancha, but instead Sydal pulled him down from behind and tried to get a pin fall but only managed a two count. Both men came to their feet and Sydal managed to wrap Drago up and drop him with a pump handle slam into a cradle for one….two….Drago kicked out! The X-Division Champion was in shock, but then proceeded to climb to the top turnbuckle looking to end the match, but he was stopped by Drago who tripped him up on the top turnbuckle. Drago climbed to the top looking to hit something from the top, but Sydal instead dropped Drago from the top with an Inverted Suplex and then stood to his feet before flying off and landing his Shooting Star Press to retain the title!

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Matt Sydal defeated Drago in 12:53 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press. Matt Sydal makes defence number 2 of his Impact X-Division title.

Impact Wrestling Grand Championship
-vs-
Quote:
Match 9: Impact Wrestling Grand Championship: Austin Aries© vs. Rey Fénix

The Match: Austin Aries did too much jaw jacking before this match and his jaw paid for it when Rey Fénix fired off a quick and powerful looking Superkick. Fénix went for the pin fall but only got a two count out of it. Rey was not done though as he continued to aggressively go after Aries until finally the Impact Wrestling Grand Champion had to retreat out of the ring. Even then Fénix did not let up as he followed Aries out with a Corkscrew twist plancha. Fénix rolled Aries back into the ring and went to the top turnbuckle dropping back into the ring with a High-Angle Senton Bomb that only got another two count. With Aries still on his back Rey Fénix climbed to the top turnbuckle once more, but this time Aries cut him off with a Dropkick that caused Rey to drop to the floor. The Champion slid outside and picked Rey up and threw him against the guard rail, and then threw him into the crowd before sliding back into the ring and yelling at referee Brian Hebner to count him out. Slowly Rey managed to make it back into the ring to break up the count so Aries now went on the attack looking to weaken Rey’s neck for the Last Chancery. The one thing that Aries continued to struggle with was the speed that Rey had as he was able to counter everything and launch another attack. One of those attacks was Rey connecting with a Handspring Cutter that got a very close two count. Climbing to his feet Rey fired up the fans before going for another one, but this time Aries countered with a Roaring Elbow to Fénix in mid air that rocked the challenger long enough for Aries to connect with a Brainbuster. But Aries was so worn out from the match that by the time he got in place for the count Rey was able to kick out. From there the two men went into a series of quick reversals that ended with the Fénix Driver! ONE….TWO….TH…ARIES GRABBED REY’S MASK AND TRIED TO PULL IT OFF! Fénix quickly had to stand up and try to get his mask back in place which allowed Aries to connect with another Brainbuster, before he locked in the Last Chancery in the middle of the ring! After a valiant fight Fénix finally submitted and Aries had booked his ticket to Slammiversary and the unification match.

Result: In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Austin Aries defeated Rey Fénix in 17:37 by submission with a Last Chancery. Austin Aries makes defence number 2 of his Impact Grand title.

Grade: C+
Quote:
Prior to Cage’s match….out walked……Josh Matthews! More like he strutted out with a microphone and announced that he was the NEW manager of the Machine, Weapon X….the Inhuman…..CAGE! When Cage was in the ring there was a dramatic pause….before familiar music started to play and then there was one name that could be heard over the loud speaker…..

……..ANDERSON!
Quote:
Match 10: Cage vs. Mr Anderson

The Match: The fans were buzzing about the surprise appearance from the former World Champion as the bell rang and Mr Anderson attempted to end the match quickly. Anderson went on the attack and hit all of his signature stuff, including both a Mic Check and a Kenton Bomb but when the referee went for the pin fall Cage kicked out at one!! Now it was Cage who went on the attack tossing Mr Anderson around with ease before attempting to hit a Drill Screw, but Mr Anderson managed to reverse that into another Mic Check only picking up two. Outside Josh Matthews was his annoying self yelling at Cage while Anderson tried to work him over to weaken him up, but it only seemed to fire Cage up and after a few more impressive shows of both strength and his aerial prowess Cage lifted Mr Anderson up and dropped him down with a Drill Screw to pick up the big victory!

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Cage defeated Mr. Anderson in 7:37 by pinfall with a Drill Screw.

Impact Wrestling World Championship
-vs-
Quote:
Match 11: Impact Wrestling World Championship: Pentagon Jr © vs. “American Great” Jake Hager

The Match: These two wrestlers actually started the match off with a typical collar and elbow tie up that Jake Hager transitioned into a good wrestling takedown. Hager transitioned down to the previously injured ankle looking to get a quick Ankle Lock slapped on. The World Champion managed to twist his way out of that and he came up tentatively looking at his challenger. The two men once again locked up in the collar and elbow tie up, before Hager shifted it into a Snap Suplex. “American Great” went for another one, but this one was blocked by Pentagon Jr as he wrapped his leg around Hager’s leg. Pentagon Jr nailed Hager with an open-handed Chop to the chest, and then another that backed Hager up into the corner. With one finger Pentagon Jr called for the fans to be quiet before unleashing one more hard Chop to Jake Hager. Now Pentagon Jr took the opportunity to taunt Hager with his Cero Miedo hand gesture. That infuriated Hager who responded by sending Pentagon Jr over the top rope and to the floor with a Biel throw. Hager followed him outside of the ring which was a big mistake, even though Pentagon was limping on his sore ankle it was outside the ring where he controlled brawling with Hager. When the two men ended up back in the ring Pentagon Jr went to springboard back into the ring with a Lungblower but Hager held onto the ropes and Jr instead fell to the mat and Hager quickly locked in the Ankle Lock, this time getting it on! Pentagon Jr managed to get to the ropes to cause the breaking of the submission hold.

Hager grabbed Pentagon Jr by the waist of his pants and hauled him up to his feet and went for a German Suplex. The Champion blocked the move with a stomp on Hager’s foot, before running off of the ropes and caught Hager with a Sling Blade. Pentagon Jr waited for Hager to climb to his feet and then went for a Front Flip Piledriver but Hager reversed that by sitting down and pinning Pentagon Jr to the mat for a two count. Both men came to their feet and Hager managed to connect with a Hager Bomb (Gutwrench Powerbomb) but was only able to get two! “American Great” Jake Hager pulled Pentagon to the corner so that he could connect with a Corner Slingshot Splash but when he dropped to the mat Pentagon Jr had moved, and instead managed to roll back and went for the Cross armbreaker! After being in the hold for a few moments Hager managed to use his length to get close enough to the ropes that he got his bottom foot on the rope and that led to the break. Pentagon Jr went to the top turnbuckle and came off looking for the Double Stomp, but Hager moved and Pentagon Jr collapsed with his injured ankle….which set Hager up for the Ankle Lock! Pentagon Jr tried to break out of the hold but Hager kept it on and finally pulled him to the middle of the ring where it looked like the Champion was going to tap! But at the last moment he instead managed to roll inwards and take Hager down into a pin fall but only got a two count out of that. Both men came to their feet and Pentagon Jr was able to get the Front Flip Piledriver on the bigger man! Hager was out on his feet….FEAR FACTOR! ONE….TWO….THREE PENTAGON JR RETAINS!!

Result: In a decent match, Pentagon Jr. defeated Jake Hager in 18:01 by pinfall with a Fear Factor. Pentagon Jr. makes defence number 2 of his Impact World title.

Grade: C+
Quote:
Pentagon Jr did not get to celebrate his title victory as James Storm slid into the ring with a glass bottle of beer in his hand. Jr managed to stop Storm with a Superkick, but it allowed Hager to clip him from behind and go for the Ankle Lock once more. And then the lights went out. There was nothing for a few moments and then the screen at the entrance lit up with the number 6…….and then the number 1……….and then……the number 9! There was fireworks and then the lights came back on……

….AND REY MYSTERIO JR WAS STANDING ON THE RING APRON! Both Storm and Hager had climbed to their feet in shock as Rey Mysterio Jr jumped to the top ring rope and then caught both men with a Springboard Dropkick. Both men rolled out of the ring as Rey Mysterio Jr helped Pentagon Jr to his feet and handed him the Impact Wrestling World Championship before raising his hand in victory.
Overall Grade: C

Quote:
Thank you to all of you who predicted this rather predictable PPV, hopefully next month things will start to shake up!

Prediction Standing:

Frenchy_Tweest: 10
The Lariat: 10
Powerbrock100: 9
Warhawk8492: 7
Nobby_McDonald: 6
Rhyme1234: 6
Unread 08-08-2018, 04:17 AM
Low Minors

This was a really entertaining reading, top to bottom! Despite the predictability of the results, I just love the format. It is truly a pleasure to read you. I would have liked a focus on the 'behind-the-scenes' aspects of your booking decisions, much like what you are doing for the weeklies. Instead, the matches had good descriptions and recap here.

Looking forward to what is next, especially concerning Brian Cage and Josh Mathews, the Knockouts division in general and Z&E !
Unread 08-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Living Legend

Very good show, looking forward to see where you take things.
Unread 08-10-2018, 12:00 AM
Low Minors

In Summary....

April 11, 2018

Finally! I had been trying for a week to get one man on the phone and I've finally had success. With Alberto Del Rio being gone I wanted to sign someone who would be able to represent the history of Mexican wrestling, someone who could foster through the next generation of great Mexican superstars including Pentagon Jr and Fenix. And that man was.....Rey Mysterio Jr. It was Konnan who managed to get me this phone call, this opportunity to start up negotiations with Rey after they had fallen through under previous management. It took a few days and a lot of promises on my end, including allowing Rey to still have some matches in NJPW and that he would be guaranteed to take part in "ALL IN," heck I'm going to be there with him. I laid out my plans for him and we agreed on an end point, WWE has been calling and eventually Rey is going to have to take up their offer or the calls will stop coming. But I'm excited to have him on board, and he's going to be cutting back on his time with Lucha Underground and The CRASH promotion to make more time for us beginning with our May PPV. I'm very excited about where this is going to go.....

May 27 2018

One Night Only: Zero Fear PPV thoughts

-Match 1 between El Hijo and Aero Star was meant to get things off to a good start and to help del Fantasma show off his new heel personality. Adding the Captaincy stakes also began the build towards the World X Cup will take up a lot of content in the next few months.

-I figured it would be good to have Moose and Kongo Kong earlier in the show because I was not expecting all that much out of this match....and overall I was right. But this was a stepping stool to get us to the next part of the story in the coming month.

-I've been very pleased from the positive feedback I've seen for Z & E, I think they are two great young talents, but they needed something to direct their talents and by putting the belts on them it has seemed to help take them to the next level. Putting them in the ring with the very over Eli Drake and Scott Steiner has helped. Meanwhile something's up between Diamante and Eddie Kingston that will become very important as time goes on.

-We wrote Taya out after the beatdown from Tessa so that she could have some time for her honeymoon....really looking forward to her wedding with Johnny, the two make a great couple and I wish them all the best.

-Oh I had a lot of fun with the Paul London debut....everyone on the internet thought it was going to be the returning Nick Aldis, but it was always going to be London....and using a play on his last name, and his finisher. Having Mike around to take the pin fall also helps set up the storyline that people can probably see coming next....

-Up next we helped do some promoting for Tommy Dreamer and his House of Hardcore promotion while also moving the Eddie/Sami feud forward. I really hope people liked the little surprise at the end with Raven of all people being the one who saved Tommy....

-For me, just as the X-Division is important so is the Knockout's division. It's hard when the world's best talent are elsewhere, but I think we are slowly growing something special, both on the main roster and down in BCW and I hope that the fans enjoy watching the fine talents we have. Su Yung will still some time getting recognition from the fans, but I'm hoping that her aura will help win the fans over as her title reign goes along.

-I really really excited about the match between Sydal and Drago and I think they put on a really good show with Sydal continuing to develop his character.

-I didn't know if anyone was going to be able to top Aries and Rey after their great showing, definitely think that Fenix will be a big start for us, just a matter of slowly building him up.

-So the pairing with Cage and Matthews....I will admit it's not the most original idea. It's meant to be a similar relationship as Lesnar and Heyman, heck it's the same as Matthews and Lashley....but I think that Josh is a great heel, but I do not want him to be a commentator....I want to put those talents to something else.

-As for Mr Anderson.....this was about giving him a chance. And I will admit I had a back up plan in case he didn't show up in the right mindset, but I was impressed with his attitude. Maybe not enough to sign him to a contract, but I'm not opposed to using him again down the road if the time comes. Right now it's all evaluating the roster, and I am bringing back some familiar faces just to give everyone a chance to see who I want to keep, and who is definitely past their time in wrestling.

-The Main Event.....it was about introducing Jake Hager to the Impact Wrestling fans and proving he belongs, but also about Pentagon Jr getting a good title defense against a "name" and they managed to have the best match of the night so I was happy.

-Overall I thought this was a really good show, but there's still a lot of work to be done. Even though we seem to have the edge on ROH for the second most popular company in the USA, it's a tenuous, almost "cult" like grip and we don't know which way it will go. The fans are not buying into the storylines yet, but they are liking most of what we are putting it out. Still a lot of work to be done as I continue to tweak our presentation and the wrestlers that make up our product.

The month of May 2018 in wrestling:

Two bits of sad news to begin with: the passing of Abdullah the Butcher was of course already announced...but earlier in the month also saw the passing of Puro Legend Kenta Kobashi.

In happier news....plans to bring Madison Rayne back to Impact Wrestling were postponed due to the happy news that Madison and our very own Josh Matthews our expecting a child!

There must be something in the water in Impact Wrestling because Austin Aries and his fiancee Thea Trinidad are also expecting!

Ranking the top five companies in the world in May 2018....

1. WWE
2. NJPW
3. Impact Wrestling
4. CMLL
5. Lucha Libre AAA worldwide

I doubt there will be any changes to this anytime soon, but it's interesting to see where things stand right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy_Tweest View Post
This was a really entertaining reading, top to bottom! Despite the predictability of the results, I just love the format. It is truly a pleasure to read you. I would have liked a focus on the 'behind-the-scenes' aspects of your booking decisions, much like what you are doing for the weeklies. Instead, the matches had good descriptions and recap here.

Looking forward to what is next, especially concerning Brian Cage and Josh Mathews, the Knockouts division in general and Z&E !
I wanted to do something different for the PPV shows, I'm still not sure what the format will be. I've actually always been more about the match write ups than anything else, but the point of this Dynasty is to try and get through stuff quicker so I'm not sure what I will do for Slammiversary. I will continue to tweak I'm sure as I go along, but hopefully you like the end of the month recap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
Very good show, looking forward to see where you take things.
Thank you....it means a lot that you have taken the time to look in on this Dynasty, I've always been very impressed with your longevity on the board with your dynasty!!
Unread 08-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Low Minors

A good One Night Only if not predictable,love the end of month recaps and the signing of Paul London is great imo and Rey is a massive get and can be another corner stone of the X-Division My favorite dynasty,keep up the good work man.
Unread 08-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Low Minors

We're on our way to Slammiversary with the Main Event Unification match being made official tonight with a contract signing, and we have a special host for that. In fact tonight will feel like a "reunion" of sorts with lots of try outs tonight for some former Impact stars as I try to figure out exactly who I want and who I don't want on our roster going forward. The big news for us is we have finally managed to reach an agreement with NJPW for some talent exchange. The carrot I dangled will come into place tonight with a special Main Event featuring NJPW talent, as well as a special surprise, to help push ticket sales for their show in San Francisco that hasn't been going as well as they had hoped. Either way this opens some new doors for us, including a new plan for Slammiversary. Exciting times for show as the lights went down in the K L Johnson Complex in Pine Bluff, Arkansas signalling the beginning of tonight's show.....

Impact Wrestling X-Division Championship
Quote:
Match 1: Impact Wrestling X-Division Championship: Matt Sydal© vs. Joey Mercury

Thoughts on the Match: Mercury was our first try out for the evening, both for in the ring as well as we gave him the opportunity to act as the road agent for this match. Unfortunately, these two men seemed to have no chemistry in the ring so it’s hard to tell whether he deserves another shot or not. He’ll get a match for Xplosion so maybe we’ll see then if he deserves a contract offer or not. As for this match it was a title match to start the show off with some good action, and Matt Sydal picked up another big title defense when he used the Here It Is Driver again.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Matt Sydal defeated Joey Matthews in 7:56 by pinfall with a Here It Is Driver. Matt Sydal makes defends his Impact X-Division title

Quote:
Rob Moore and Don Callis welcomed everyone to the show and recapped the big two title matches from Zero Fear and spoke about tonight’s contract signing for the unification match at Slammiversary. They also announced there would be a special guest host for the contract signing and then promised more information on the big ending from Zero Fear later in the evening.
Quote:
One of the things that I want to make sure we get more of on Impact is one on one video’s with the wrestler where they get to show their personality. It was Matt Sydal who had the chance after defending the X-Divison Championship at Zero Fear and he promised it was his destiny to take the X-Division to heights hereof unknown.
Quote:
A grainy video from the LAX club was shown with Ortiz and Santana trying to calm Diamante down, but she lost it when Eddie Kingston came into the club and wanted to know what was going on. Diamante responded by slapping Kingston across the face and was yelling “you did it.” Kingston looked at her before looking at the camera and said it was time for “la familia” to have a little talk before he covered up the camera.
Quote:
Match 2: Extreme Tiger vs. YANG

Thoughts on the Match: Another X-Division match, and I’m very glad that YANG has decided to come out of retirement because this was another good match. Both veteran’s need to get their popularity up, but there’s no doubting their ability in the ring.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, YANG defeated Extreme Tiger in 7:49 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Moonsault.

Quote:
A video played from the Knockout’s Championship match between Su Yung and Allie at Zero Fear with Su Yung getting the victory after a hard-fought match when Allie let her anger get the best of her.
Quote:
Match 3: Matt Bentley vs. Paul London

Thoughts on the Match: I have been watching some old Ring of Honor discs lately, and it’s amazing how these two wrestlers seemed destined for such great things circa Unscripted and their Street Fight. And while they haven’t gotten their yet, this was a good match. Paul London continues to get in the groove and Bentley more then held his own against London. I’m not sold on bringing Bentley back yet, but I will consider it.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Paul London defeated Matt Bentley in 8:21 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.

Quote:
After the match we had Paul London saunter over to shakes hands with Rob Moore and Don Callis and said he was here in Impact to do something he hadn’t done before and that was to win the X-Division Championship…and he had already beaten one Sydal brother….what was one more?
Quote:
Match 4: D’Angelo Dinero vs. Sami Calihan

Thoughts on the Match: When we last saw Dinero he was the color commentator for the company, but this was a chance for him to impress in the ring and to give Calihan a big victory over a recognizable name. Calihan was escorted to the ring with a group of security guard who took up position outside of the ring to prevent any interference in the match from Eddie Edwards. D’Angelo brought his boxing skills for this fight, but in the end Sami got the big victory and attention quickly turned to the post match situation.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Sami Callihan defeated D'Angelo Dinero in 8:13 by pinfall with a Curb Stomp.

Quote:
The moment the match ended the security guards around the ring were on high alert, but it didn’t matter as Eddie Edwards made his way out from the back with a kendo stick with even more security behind him. Calihan was in the ring challenging Eddie to get in with all the security between them. Edwards managed to fight his way into the ring and it looked like all hell was going to break loose when a voice was heard over the sound system….it was Raven making his way out from the back. He climbed into the ring and made sure that all the security had the two men separated with Raven in between. “After all the chaos you two have caused the folks in the back decided they wanted to give me the responsibility to settle things between you two once and for all. And after what you did to my friend, and I use that word lightly, Tommy Dreamer I can tell you that I will figure out one match to end this once and for all at Slammiversary. Next week I will be here to announce the stipulations and may the heaven’s have mercy on your souls.”
Quote:
Eli Drake and Scott Steiner hyped their one on one (tag team that is) rematch against Z & E next week, and Eli Drake told Scott that he better not screw it up this time.
Quote:
Match 5: Cage vs. Matt Morgan
Thoughts on the Match: Prior to the match we had Josh Matthews talking Cage up as the best “big man” in Impact history which was to set up the appearance from Matt Morgan who was offended at that claim. Of course the end of the match would see dominant Cage prevail over the older Morgan with a Pumphandle Facebuster. Matthew climbed into the ring to celebrate with Cage as he stood with one foot on his opponent and his arms raised in victory.

Results: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Cage defeated Matt Morgan in 7:56 by pinfall with a Pumphandle Facebuster.
Quote:
“All American” Jake Hager followed James Storm to the ring where Storm was given the microphone so that he could explain his return and why he seemed to be so angry and focused on Rey Fenix and Pentagon Jr. Storm explained how he had been with the company since the beginning and what sort of respect had he been given? When it came to sign a new contract he had been told there wasn’t “enough money” to go around, but then the next thing he sees is wrestlers like Fenix and Pentagon Jr taking his spot, taking his money, and he was back to “get what is mine, sorry…about your damn luck.”
Quote:
A Rey Mysterio video played with footage from after One Night Only: Zero Fear played with Mysterio shaking hands with Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix before raising their arms for the fans and then ending with the promise that Mysterio himself would be live next week!
Quote:
El Hijo del Fantasma was out to brag about defeating Aero Star at Zero Fear when he was interrupted by the sounds of the Global Ambassador….Hulk Hogan who was greeted by a rousing ovation. Hogan congratulated El Hijo but also mentioned that this was just the beginning of the World X Cup. There would be four teams competing in the World X Cup and those four teams would be determined after a five man Captain’s Challenge at Slammiversary. The man who got the pin fall would get his team two points in the World X Cup and would also get to pick which opposing team they wanted to face in the X Cup first. The losing man would see his whole team eliminated from World X Cup competition this year! Hogan finished by announcing that in the weeks leading up to Slammiversary we would get to see the Captain’s in single competition beginning with next week when the Captain of Team USA would be here and it was……

…..RICH SWANN!!
Quote:
Match 6: LIJ vs. Suzuki-Gun

Thoughts on the Match: Of course this was our big Main Event that was a part of our new alliance with NJPW. We surprised Don Callis by bringing out Kevin Kelly to call this match with him in place of Rob Moore who very politely turned it over so that Callis and Kelly could fill the fans in the great talent from Japan. They also hyped up the G1 Special in San Francisco while the action was undergoing. It took the fans a while to warm up to most of the wrestlers as they weren’t overly familiar with LIJ and Suzuki-Gun, but their hard work won them over along the way to the end of the match that saw Naito win for LIJ when he pinned Lance Archer.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, "King of Darkness" EVIL, Tetsuya Naito and SANADA defeated Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer in 17:03 when Tetsuya Naito defeated Lance Archer by pinfall with a Destino.

Quote:
Prior to the contract signing for the Unification match as Slammiversary we introduced the special host…..”Big Sexy” Kevin Nash! Nash had some time on the microphone before introducing Impact Wrestling World Champion Pentagon Jr and Impact Wrestling Grand Champion Austin Aries. Both men signed the contract and then Austin Aries got on the microphone to talk about beating Pentagon’s brother and how he would do the same at Slammiversary, but Pentagon Jr responded with a Cero Miedo and the show ended with the two men standing holding their belts and staring each other in the face.

Quote:
X-Plosion Taping

Video recap of the contract signing between Pentagon Jr and Austin Aries
In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Trevor Lee defeated Joey Matthews in 8:02 by pinfall. (D)

Alicia Atout interviewed Trevor Lee who went on a rant about Argenis (E+)
In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, SANADA defeated Caleb Konley in 7:50 by pinfall with a German Suplex. (D+)

A video recap of the situation from Zero Fear where Tessa managed to injure Taya with the Figure Four causing Taya to need to take some time off
In a poor match, Tessa Blanchard defeated Taryn Terrell in 7:35 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)

In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Argenis defeated Matt Bentley in 8:28 when Matt Bentley was disqualified when Trevor Lee ran in and attacked Argenis. (D)

Final hype for the Tag Team title match between Z & E and Eli Drake/Scott Steiner next week on Impact Wrestling! (D)

Final show rating: C-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbrock100 View Post
A good One Night Only if not predictable,love the end of month recaps and the signing of Paul London is great imo and Rey is a massive get and can be another corner stone of the X-Division My favorite dynasty,keep up the good work man.
Your continued support is very much appreciated.....while I definitely have some plans for Rey, I'm thinking a bit higher than the X-Division for him. Not to say there isn't a lot going on in the X-Division as this show set up!
Unread 08-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg01 View Post
Thank you....it means a lot that you have taken the time to look in on this Dynasty, I've always been very impressed with your longevity on the board with your dynasty!!
Thanks for the kind words fella. Maybe you should start predicting.
Unread 08-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Low Minors

June 7, 2018

As I sat in the back at the R.W. Harrison HPER Complex in Itta Bena, Mississippi looking at the booking sheet for the next few weeks I was a bit disappointed. We had a lot going on right now but in the effort to preserve our talent for Slammiversary there was no doubt we were lacking some good quality Main Event's. Me and Don Callis had talked about it and decided we would need to make some changes in July and hopefully having some new blood would help beginning with our very first match tonight...
Quote:
Match 1: Matt Bentley vs. Rich Swann

Thoughts on the Match: I decided to give Matt Bentley one more opportunity to win me over after a bit of a disappointing showing last week. On the other side of the ring it was very exciting to have Rich Swann join us here in Impact Wrestling. Next week we are going to have him address what happened with him and his wife, but after talking with both of them I feel that Rich deserves a second chance but I’ve also told him he has a very, very small margin of error and if anything happens again I will not hesitate to fire him on the spot. As for the match itself there was some ring rust that Rich needed to wear off but for the most part he impressed. The finish of the match saw Matt Bentley connect with a Superkick for the two count. When that didn’t work he came off the top with an Elbow Drop, and again got a two count. He started to yell with referee Brian Hebner and then went for another Superkick but Swann stopped that and reversed into the Chicken Fried Driver for the pin fall.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Rich Swann defeated Matt Bentley in 12:33 by pinfall with a Chicken Fried Driver.

Quote:
Rob Moore and Don Callis spoke about the tension between Eli Drake and Scott Steiner, but Callis figured they would have it all together tonight and win the tag team titles back in a fair “rematch”
Quote:
A video segment was filmed with Allie holding an axe with a casket behind her. We had Allie angry at letting her anger get the best of her, between each time saying this she took a swing with the axe at the casket, and wanted to do the same thing to Su Yung that she had done to her friend at Rosemary, and that at Slammiversary she was going to do just that and get her title back because there would be no stopping her fury!
Quote:
Match 2: Aero Star vs. YANG

Thoughts on the Match: After losing at Zero Fear, Rob Moore and Don Callis spoke up how Aero Star had something to prove against the returning YANG. These two went all out and stole the show with some great action that ended with YANG getting the pin fall on Aero Star after hitting the Corkscrew Moonsault.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, YANG defeated Aero Star in 7:49 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Moonsault.

Quote:
After the match Drago came out to support his friend Aero Star which is when El Hijo del Fantasma came out and made fun of them and said “this is why I’m the Captain of Team Mexico” and not you.
Quote:
Security once again filled the ring to keep Eddie Edwards and Sami Calihan separated while Raven came out with a microphone. He spoke about how he had been spending a lot of time thinking about the sort of sick, sadistic match that was needed to end the feud between Edwards and Calihan once and for all, and he got to thinking about some of the bloodiest, nastiest, brawls and blood feuds in the history of wrestling and he decided that a steel cage was needed to keep these two locked in a deathlock with each other. But that wasn’t enough so there was going to be weapons hanging on the inside of the cage wall which would be perfectly legal. And in case either man suddenly lost their balls and tried to escape the cage there would be no way out because there would be BARBED WIRE surrounding the top of the cage. Both men looked like they couldn’t wait to get into the cage, but Raven wasn’t done. “And when I say this Clockwork Orange House of Hell match will not end with a pin fall, or by escaping the cage this match will only end in ONE way and that is when one of you manages to beat the other so badly that you utter the two words that no wrestlers ever wants to say, the two words that Mick Foley allowed his brain to get bashed out of his head by a steel chair before uttering, the two words that Magnum T.A had to use a shiver of wood to try and gouge the eye of Tully Blanchard right out of his head to get the words out…….I…….QUIT!”
Quote:
Match 3: Eddie Kingston/LAX vs. oVe

Thoughts on the Match: Before the match began Raven made sure that Eddie Edwards was escorted out of the arena so that this match would be able to go on without any interference. It was going to be hard following that one up, but these six men went out there and had a wild brawl that at one point saw Sami Calihan fighting with Ortiz through the crowd when all of a sudden a masked “fan” nailed Sami Calihan and took him out with a kendo stick. Security quickly got that “fan” out of the way and of course when the “fan” took his mask off it was Eddie Edwards who had snuck back into the arena. In the ring Eddie Kingston was the one who got the victory after a Backdrop Driver.

Result: In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Eddie Kingston and Latin American Xchange defeated Ohio Versus Everyone (Sami Callihan, Jake Crist and Dave Crist) in 11:44 when Eddie Kingston defeated Jake Crist by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver.

Quote:
“The King” Eddie Kingston made sure to celebrate with LAX after the match and the camera overhead him saying “see boys that’s how you do it” when there was a disturbance with Diamante making her way out from the back and she was yelling “he’s coming….KONNAN is going to be here next week King…and then everyone will know what you did” before she was hauled away by security.
Quote:
A video was putting together hyping the members of the Impact Wrestling Hall of Fame (Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Earl Hebner, Team 3D and Gail Kim) and announced that Hulk Hogan would be in attendance next week to announce the latest inductee who would go in at Slammiversary. Yes, I know that inductions usually occur at Bound for Glory, but I wanted to change that and start having inductions occur as Slammiversary as I feel it works better with celebrating the history of the company.
Quote:
Match 4: Moose vs. Ray Leppan

Thoughts on the Match: Another try out, although the fans didn’t recognize Ray Leppan at first without his Rosebud’s with him to support him. We let Ray get some offense in just to test how he would do, before Moose fought back and picked up the victory after some of his token offense.

Result: In a poor match, Moose defeated Ray Leppan in 8:19 by pinfall with TheGameBreaker.

Quote:
A microphone was handed over to Moose who coined himself “Mr Impact” and wanted a shot at the winner of the Unification match, “a long overdue shot at the World Championship.”
Quote:
Match 5: Caleb Konley vs. Paul London

Thoughts on the Match: Paul London contuse to steal the show in every match he’s in, even tonight against undercard worker Caleb Konley he still managed to have the best match of the evening. Matt Sydal was on commentary and when questioned about Paul London’s challenge he said that London hadn’t been around long enough to deserve a shot, and then brought up YANG mentioning that he had been around longer (by one week of course) and had beaten more competitors and he hadn’t asked for a title shot. After London won the match he did go over to challenge Sydal in person but didn’t get an answer as we went to commercial.

Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Paul London defeated Caleb Konley in 7:45 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.

Quote:
Up next was the big moment the fans had been waiting for as Rey Fenix and Pentagon Jr came out with Rey Mysterio Jr. First off we had Rey thank the fans for their support before he turned to speaking about how he knew he may not have many years left in the wrestling industry but he wanted to make sure he spent that time helping the next generation of great talent along and there were two men who stood out about the rest. Two men who he was proud to know would carry on his heritage, who would carry on the legacy of Lucha, because these two men weren’t just his friends….this was a Lucha Brotherhood. They were interrupted by James Storm and Jake Hager with Storm talking about how Rey was just another star stealing food from the plate of his family and he was going to make sure that Impact Wrestling regretted the day they ever did that, and with that Storm and Hager started to approach the ring when the music of Austin Aries led to the Grand Champion coming out to run down the Lucha Brotherhood and then they started to walk towards the ring…but suddenly stopped with Aries saying they would do it when the “money was right” and then they backed up leaving the Lucha Brotherhood in the ring.

Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship
Quote:
Match 6: Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championship: Z & E© vs. El Drake/Scott Steiner
Thoughts on the Match: Commentary made sure to play up that this would be the final tag team Championship match between these two to add extra drama. And for a great part of the match it looked like Eli Drake and Scott Steiner were on the same page. But then at one point Scott Steiner caught Eli Drake with an errant Steinerline and it looked like it was going to break down again but they rolled out of the ring and talked things over and Steiner rolled back into the ring to continue his beatdown on Everett. But when Steiner did go to make the tag….Drake wasn’t there, he had never climbed back up on the ring apron. Instead he was walking to the back and that left Scott Steiner in a bad position as DJ Z and Everett took him down and Everett finished the match off with a 450 Press to retain the titles.
Result: In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Z & E defeated Eli Drake and Scott Steiner in 18:27 when Andrew Everett defeated Scott Steiner by pinfall with a 450 Press. During the match we also had Eli Drake turn on Steiner. Z & E make defence number 2 of their Impact World Tag Team titles.
Show Grade: C

Quote:
X-Plosion Taping:

Rob Moore and Don Callis went over the results from Impact Wrestling focusing on the end of the alliance between Eli Drake and Scott Steiner. (C+)
In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, OVE defeated Laredo Kid and Dezmond Xavier in 8:27 when Dave Crist defeated Dezmond Xavier by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press. (D+)

A video played that was meant to announce and hype up the Captain for Team Japan’s World X Cup entry….the “Bone Solider” Taiji Ishimori who would have a showcase match next week on Impact Wrestling

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Extreme Tiger defeated Gursinder Singh in 8:04 by pinfall with a 450° Splash. (C)

We showed some clips of an Alicia Atout interview with Tenille Dashwood who explained that when she came to Impact Wrestling Taya had welcomed her with open arms and now she was out injured with a knee injury and it was all Tessa’s fault, and Tenille planned on getting some payback on Taya’s behalf (C+)

Tenille Dashwood defeated Lei’d Tapa in 5:48 by pinfall (D)

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, Argenis defeated Matt Bentley in 14:47 by submission with Trevor Lee on commentary mocking Argenis (C-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
Thanks for the kind words fella. Maybe you should start predicting.
One day I just may!