Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Major League

Default PWC: From the Ashes

Phil Vibert:
“-and welcome back to Vibert’s Voice, I’m here today with an old acquaintance from my DAVE days and a man I probably haven’t seen up close since then. Welcome to the show, Eric, good to have you here.”

Eric Tyler:
“Good to be here, Phil. Been quite some time indeed.”

Vibert:
“So how’s Pittsburgh treating you, Eric?”

Tyler:
“Better than Boston’s been treating you, Phil. I’m still involved in the business I love and PSW is doing well under Mitch. You taught him well.”

Vibert:
“Mitch was a wrestling nerd before we even met, before he got into the business even. Hell, it’s why he got into the business in the first place. But you’re wrong about one thing, Eric; I’m still involved in the business, just not with any specific promotion.”

Tyler:
“Hell, if it ain’t within half a mile of a ring, you ain’t involved in the business, Phil”

Vibert:
“Is that the Traditionalist character or Eric speaking?”

Tyler:
“Could be either, could be both. The magic lies in blurring the lines, that’s what you used to say.”

Vibert:
“Alright, coming into my podcast to school me, that attitude does bring back memories but this isn’t supposed to be a shoot interview.”

Tyler:
“Just messing around, Phil. I know you don’t want this to turn into one big DAVE nostalgia thing, but I had to give your audience something to go by”

Vibert:
“I’m sure our listeners appreciate the fan service, Eric. There’s still a market for DAVE nostalgia, I get it all the time and I bet it’s no different in Pittsburgh, right?”

Tyler:
“Not just Pittsburgh. Check this out”

Vibert:
“From of the ashes? Where d’you get this?”

Tyler:
“Alex gave it to me. Looks like his buddy Tank is following on his footsteps”

Vibert:
“Tank? Tank Bradley?”

Tyler:
“That’s the one”

Vibert:
“He hasn’t wrestled for what, four years?”

Tyler:
“Almost. He left PSW in February of 2012. Looks like he couldn’t get signed anywhere, so he started up his own company in Philly.”

Vibert:
“Of course he did. Never a shortage of hardcore fans in the Tri State area, Philly especially. So how’s Alex taken it?”

Tyler:
“Pretty good, actually. Looks more like the two companies may work together than start a second East Coast War.”

Vibert:
“I’m sure some of our audience are sad to hear that. So who’s on Tank’s boat so far?”

Tyler:
“Any DAVE alumni that haven’t signed with PSW or any other promotion, I’d wager. Heard he’s already gotten Wolvie on board.”

Vibert:
“Wolverine? That’s good, I guess. I’d trust him more than Tank to put a match together.”

Tyler:
“Or train people. Tank’s not exactly a wizard in the ring without Alex to cover up his flaws.”

Vibert:
“I wonder if he still trains at all, to be honest. Last time I saw pictures of him, he looked a bit out of shape.”

Tyler:
“I wouldn’t worry too much about this. This PWC thing might motivate him enough to get back in shape and once he shakes off the ring rust, he might actually go somewhere.”

Vibert:
“Pretty sure that ‘somewhere’ won’t be TCW or anything similar.”

Tyler:
“Never say never. Primal Rage was 25 when he left the insurance sector to train as a wrestler. I got my break after I hit thirty years of age. Tank’s nearing 40 but I wouldn’t count him out just yet.”

Vibert:
“If we’re talking on-screen, maybe. In-ring, I doubt it. So anyway, Tank, Wolvie and who else?”

Tyler:
“I don’t know yet, but I do know they’ve scheduled a show already and I got a bunch of invites for it.”

Vibert:
“You do?”

Tyler:
“Yup. Tank sent out a dozen or so. Guess he’d like to have a few more DAVE alumni on the front row. Maybe some PSW folks too so he can stress the connection.”

Vibert:
“Eric, I’m…”

Tyler:
“Don’t worry Phil, I won’t put you in a tight spot. However, I can get you in touch with someone who’ll be at the show.”

Vibert:
“Oh?”

Tyler:
“Can’t reveal who that is before the show, you get that, but gimme the green light and I’ll have ‘em call you with all the details.”

Vibert:
“Sounds good. I’m curious, fans are curious and I’m always on the hunt for content.”

Tyler:
“Show’s set for the third Saturday of this January. I’ll have my contact call your on-air after that’s through.”

Vibert:
“You’ve heard it folks, tune in to find out everything about…”

PHOENIX WRESTLING COMPANY: OUT OF THE ASHES!

Tyler:
“Goddamit, Phil! That voice modifier sounds even worse when I’m here with these headphones on!”

Vibert:
“What can I say, I’m getting so much mileage out of it still…”

Quote:
Couldn’t resist finally giving PWC a try after willr0ck’s most excellent redux of their logo and banner. In case you didn’t get it, the layout for this is inspired by and a tribute to Pteroid’s first take on Wrestlers of Mass Destruction. Taking it easy with the updates this time, they might be more sporadic but I’m trying to present them in a more enjoyable way.

PHOENIX WRESTLING COMPANY PRESENTS:
FROM THE ASHES

Featuring:
DAVE and PSW Megastar Tank Bradley!
The Wolverine!
(The wrestling one, not the dude from X-Men)
Harcore Violence! Pro Wrestling Silliness! Hot Chicks!
and of course…
Ice cold beer! Get one free with your ticket, more at affordable prices!

Last edited by DarK_RaideR : 11-01-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Unread 11-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Minor League

Looks interesting. Looking forward to more.
Unread 11-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Major League

Phil Vibert:
“-and moving on to our next topic, it’s the report you’ve all been waiting for since Eric Tyler dropped the bomb on Vibert’s Voice a while back. We should have his ‘inside informer’ on our line for this, hello?.”

Male Voice:
“Hello? Can you hear me?”

Vibert:
“Sure, you’re live on air, buddy. What should I call you?”

Chad Brent:
“It’s me, Chad. Chad Brent!”

Vibert:
“Cha… Shinehead? The ref?”

Brent:
“That’s the one!”

Vibert:
“Of course they hired you. Fans, it’s rare that referees get a share of the spotlight, but Chad Brent’s an unsung hero if there ever was one wearing the striped shirt. He’s worked for every promotion on the East Coast during and since the Wars, including DAVE where we met.”

Brent:
“That’s right. Was there from ‘98 to early ‘02.”

Vibert:
“And now you’re back on the saddle with Phoenix Wrestling Company in Philadelphia.”

Brent:
“Yeah, don’t let the name deceive you, we’re not in Arizona.”

Vibert:
“Not if you’re refereeing the matches. Who’s calling the action?”

Brent:
“Harvey Manners”

Vibert:
“Ah, the voice of Rapid Pro Wrestling.”

Brent:
“That’s him. Doc Messing’s on colour commentary, him and Tank know each other from their time in PSW.”

Vibert:
“So, Chad, walk us through PWC’s first show. Tell us what Tank and Wolvie had in store for the fans, I heard the hype was so bad, they sold out the Weston Gymnasium..”

Brent:
“They did, but I doubt the show was what people expected.”

Vibert:
“Not a DAVE tribute and revival thing, you mean?”

Brent:
“Oh there were references and nostalgia alright, but… it’ll make sense down the line. So Tank wanted to make the intro real big, you know?”

Vibert:
“First impressions and all.”

Brent:
“Yeah, but having a live band kick off the show costs money and we can’t afford it right now, so out come the Rock City Stars; Rockin’ Ryan Turner and Stan ‘The Man’ Manna.”

Vibert:
“Well colour me impressed. I’ve seen a few of their matches in MAW and RIPW; they can talk, they can wrestle and I know Turner’s got a band called ‘Bad Idea’. Gonna line up one of their songs to play next, but this whole thing sounds anything but a bad idea, two birds with one stone really. Is he writing the entrance music as well?

Brent:
“He’s dropped a few clues to those who do. Like I said, the promotion’s on a tight budget so early on. So tight we couldn’t afford to rent all the gear for a live performance.”

Vibert:
“Wait, so you’re telling me Rockin’ Ryan Turner was brought in to save band money, but he had no gear to play? What’d he do, go unplugged? Bet an acoustic live ballad is one hell of a way to fire up a show’s start.”

Brent:
“No no, the story was worked around the whole thing. So out come the Stars, they introduce themselves, say they’ll do a song and when Turner goes for his guitar, only then he realizes there’s nothing there.”

Vibert:
“That clueless? Wait, is he, like, a comedy character now?”

Brent:
“Nope, but she is”

Vibert:
“Holy hell, you call that comedy? I am legitimately creeped out.”

Brent:
“That’s kind of the joke, Phil. She’s like this overly obsessive fan, so she comes out with that look on her face and tells the Stars she gave their road crew a ten minute break, so don’t expect any gear set up. Nope, she pulls out the tour bus keys and says she’ll be driving them to her home after the show so they can perform just...for...her.”

Vibert:
“It’s not getting any funnier, only creepier.”

Brent:
“Fans didn’t love it either. I asked what it was all about and they told be it’s a ‘meme’ whatever that thing is.”

Vibert:
“Thanks for making me feel old, Chad.”

Brent:
“You and me both, buddy. So anyway, the Stars keep their cool and tell her they have a place to stay and company for the night. Enter Roxy Kitten.”

Vibert:
“Wow, they weren’t kidding when they said 'hot chicks' on that ad. Nice to see former Babes of Sin City get jobs. Those who haven’t left the business, at least. Roxy’s got the mic skills to go with her looks too. Wonder why she was put with the Stars, they can handle themselves on the mic already.”

Brent:
“A story thing, I suppose. She’s still that rock chick character she was in BSC. Gave her past employers a nod too, because the other girl threw a tantrum and they got into a catfight.”

Vibert:
“Oh wow, stealing the spotlight from the male wrestlers? How very anti-sexist from an East Coast hardcore promotion.”

Brent:
“It wasn’t a proper match, they weren’t even in the ring, but Roxy hit that old ‘Backstage Pass’ she used to do in BSC while they were pulling hair.”

Vibert:
“Classy.”

Brent:
“You don’t go to a wrestling show that offers you a beer upon entry to see something classy, Phil.”

Vibert:
“Fair enough. So what next?”

Brent:
“So the Stars try to break up the fight and everyone retreats backstage, then all of a sudden lights go low and rap music starts playing.”

Vibert:
“Promised rock, delivered rap. Such a swerve!”

Brent:
“Oh you don’t know the half of it. Then out comes mister Slim to the V…”

Vibert:
“Talk about a man on a short fuse. I mean, he makes sense with all the hardcore stuff, but it’s probably a matter of time until he gets into trouble with the law again. Did the powers that be think this through?”

Brent:
“Eh, I guess it adds to his whole gangsta shtick.”

Vibert:
“Canadian gangsta”

Brent:
“Yeah, he’s Canadian alright, but they billed him from South Central L.A.”

Vibert:
“A West Coast rapper character in an East Coast promotion. That’s such a 90s thing to do.”

Brent:
“Well, it’s still getting heat, I’ll tell you that. Hell, the evil foreigner thing still gets heat.”

Vibert:
“Think they’ll expand their working agreement to GSW too? I’d love to see a wrestling version of the 90s hip hop wars”

Brent:
“Budget’s tight Phil, remember?”

Vibert:
“Sure. Who’d he wrestle then, Tennessee William? Some New York jazz artist?”

Brent:
“Nah, some jarhead by the name o’ Silencer”

Vibert:
“I’ve heard good things about him. So have SWF and USPW scouts too, apparently.”

Brent:
“Well I heard Wolverine say he’s too green, so the match was more characters and less moves. Slim being a cocky gangsta, talking trash but Silencer never really losing his cool.”

Vibert:
“The horrors he’s seen on service, huh?”

Brent:
“Yeah that was the concept. Plus his military training making him super disciplined. Whatever, the match itself wasn’t that bad, maybe two and a half stars out of five, and that’s coming from a man that’s worked for every indy promotion on the East Coast these last few decades.”

Vibert:
“You’ve seen your share of horrors while on service too, then”

Brent:
“Haven’t we all, Phil? I mean, unless your last name is Vibert or Stone or DeColt or something like that, you gotta pay your dues.”

Vibert:
“Valid point. So who won?”

Brent:
“The Silencer. He does a Death Valley Driver as his finisher, calls it the Drop Zone.”

Vibert:
“Sounds like he’s got the character down alright, but that’s not a bad move for a finisher either. Not for a rookie, at least, if he can get it over.”

Brent:
“Well he got a good pop for it, but not as loud as the one the Good Ol’ Boys did when they came out next.”

Vibert:
“From the mean streets of L.A. and the war zones of the Middle East back to the good ol’ Mid West.”

Brent:
“Told you Phil, you don’t know the half of it.”

Vibert:
“Were they there to wrestle?”

Brent:
“Oh yeah, they fought Fererra and Threepwood”

Vibert:
“Xavi Fererra? From PSW?”

Brent:
“Yeah but it’s not a trade. PSW fired him a few days earlier, trimmed down the roster. Bad move, I tell you, because the kid is money. Should have heard the pop he got. Well, part of it may have been for the missus.”

Vibert:
“Oh he had a valet?”

Brent:
“Yup, some girl by the name o’ Sweet Tabitha. Xavi was a track star at college, so they made him a jock and stuck her there as his cheerleader girlfriend. Him and Threepwood were the technical team, going up against the farmhands.”

Vibert:
“How did Threepwood fare? Did he get Acid chants?”

Brent:
“I’m not sure fans know he was trained by Acid and if they do, they didn’t seem to care. The mask’s been passed to the second incarnation of the character anyway. Match was decent, but the pace didn’t help poor Conner, he’s all about mat grappling and submissions. Plus everyone was going bananas for the others in the ring with him anyway.”

Vibert:
“Give it time, technicians are never an instant hit with the fans.”

Brent:
“It didn’t help that he took the fall too. Boys got their hands on Tabitha, which threw Ferrerra off his game and Threepwood got left two on one while Xavi was checking on his loved one.”

Vibert:
“A classic finish, well executed. So how did they follow that up?”

Brent:
“For my money, up next was the riskiest segment of the show, but it paid off bigtime. This girl Mya Catalan comes out and tells people to welcome the founder of PWC, Tank Bradley…”

Vibert:
“Did the crowd pop?”

Brent:
“They didn’t have a chance, because out comes…”

Vibert:
“WHAT?”

Brent:
“You better believe it.”

Vibert:
“Bradley, you mad bastard!”

Brent:
“So yeah, fans were as dumbfounded as you, Phil, seeing Tank Bradley's new gothpunkbilly look.”

Vibert:
“New Jersey finally got under the skin of this devil”

Brent:
“You said something about swerves earlier, how about this one? So anyway, Tank’s not exactly the guy to rock a microphone…”

Vibert:
“Tell me he didn’t slit his wrists to avoid talking...”

Brent:
“Not quite, but it was pretty close to actual suicide.”

Vibert:
“Genghis Rahn!”

Brent:
“Yup, in the flesh. So of course fans popped when he showed up to beat up Bradley...”

Vibert:
“So not only did Tank turn into a goth horror punk, he brought in Genghis friggin’ Rahn to beat him up.”

Brent:
“Well, no one would buy Bradley beating Rahn in a match and Rahn can’t really do matches any more, so it was the only way to go with this.”

Vibert:
“I honestly don't know how I feel about this whole thing. He’s made some bold moves and I’m surprised he put Rahn over when he’s calling the shots.”

Brent:
“Don’t think too high of him, because right next was the show’s lowest point.”

Vibert:
“Ben Williams! Who was the one to destroy him this time?”

Brent:
“Take a wild guess, Phil”

Vibert:
“Giant Redwood?”

Brent:
“You wish”

Vibert:
“Peter Valentine?”

Brent:
“I wish”

Vibert:
“Land Mass? Avalanche? Mammoth?”

Brent:
“I’m sure Ben would take any of those over what he actually got…”

Vibert:
“What the…”

Brent:
“Yeah, guess the audience of RuPaul’s Drag Race were considered a pretty lucrative one if Vikki Victoria was brought in. And if that wasn’t enough, the fabuluth Jothe Flamenco was thrown into the mix. Know what the best part was? This was an evening gown match!”

Vibert:
“A what?!”

Brent:
“I kid you not, Phil. Just try and picture Ben Williams in a red carpet dress.”

Vibert:
“I’m sure the actual image is not as bad as my imagination right now.”

Brent:
“If you do look it up online, you might wanna move any sharp objects away first.”

Vibert:
“And you refereed that match?”

Brent:
“Of course I did Phil, I’m a pro.”

Vibert:
“Not the brightest spot on your resume, I presume.”

Brent:
“Depends. If I’m applying to certain promotions, it might actually be considered a plus.”

Vibert:
“Not your fondest memory, then.”

Brent:
“It wasn’t the most tasteful thing on pro wrestling, but I’ve seen worse. This was a comedy match, a star and a half at best, but at least Flamenco and Victoria weren’t made to look so cartoonish for not being super macho. They were treated a bit like exoticos are in Mexico, you know?”

Vibert:
“So who won?”

Brent:
“Vikki Victoria did, by stripping Jose Flamenco down to his underwear.”

Vibert:
“This may be the only Ben Williams match in history where fans had to suffer more than him.”

Brent:
“We got chants of Genghis Rahn throughout the match. Guess the fans were hoping he’d show up to whoop everyone’s ass, but he never did. Know who showed up? Travis Century.”

Vibert:
“Testify!”

Brent:
“Yeah, it was his cue to go full Bible Belt on the mic. Then he said what PWC needs is a bit o’ Southern Justice.”

Vibert:
“Surely you don’t mean…”

Brent:
“That’s exactly what I mean. Jack Griffith is in the house!”

Vibert:
“Did he wrestle?”

Brent:
“Nope, just went on a rant about how he found religion and it helped him escape the bottle and God is great and blah blah blah....”

Vibert:
“That hits a bit too close to home. I’m surprised Griffith agreed to do it.”

Brent:
“Yeah, well, fans never bought into this hypocritical positive creep Jesus wacko act, so it set up a huge pop for Remmy Sky who interrupted him...”

Vibert:
“Of all the people who could cut him off…”

Brent:
“I know, right? So anyway, Remmy’s doing this degenerate character thing, which of course makes him a perfect rival for Griffith and Century, but he can’t really go on the mic.”

Vibert:
“Did he bring out a manager to talk for him?”

Brent:
“He did not. He just motioned the two zealots to move away because he was booked to wrestle next.”

Vibert:
“So let me get this straight, Rockin’ Ryan Turner has a manager but Remmy Skye doesn’t?”

Brent:
“Madness, I know.”

Vibert:
“Who was he booked to wrestle?”

Brent:
“The Darkness Warrior”

Vibert:
“The who?”

Brent:
“Raul Darkness. He’s changed his name since the team split up.”

Vibert:
“Oh that’s the one. Did he break a table?”

Brent:
“Of course, that’s always been his thing. Besides, this was a Tables match anyway.”

Vibert:
“Oh boy…”

Brent:
“Yup, real car crash this one, but fans loved it, three stars at best I’d rate it. Skye did his daredevil stunts, Warrior did his hardcore stuff, the whole nine yards.”

Vibert:
“Could Warrior keep up?”

Brent:
“He’s a little old to go all out for so long, this was maybe twelve or fourteen minutes, so Skye got the best of him and put him through a table to win the match.”

Vibert:
“Beat him at his own game, huh?”

Brent:
“Purely out of luck, the way it was booked. Kept Warrior pretty strong, ‘twas a pretty open match. Thing is, Griffith and Century returned to attack Skye right after.”

Vibert:
“Tailor made for rivals, like you said. I get it now. So that’s gonna be a storyline?”

Brent:
“Looks like it, because Century got on the mic right after to challenge Skye to a match next show. Said if this promotion has a title, Griffith’ll fight Skye for it.”

Vibert:
“Guess you have your next main event booked already then. Neat little storyline to go with it too. Doesn’t sound like a bad first show, to be honest. Not what I expected, but not bad either. Do you have a date set for the next one?”

Brent:
“Yeah, same date next month. Got a name too, it’s called Phoenix Rising.”

Vibert:
“I’ll be happy to have you again if you’d like. This has been… oddly entertaining. Like a car crash you can’t help but look at.”

Brent:
“Can’t promise anything, Phil, but I’ll spread the word if any of the boys want to fill in for me. Any exposure is welcome at this point, so thank you for doing this.”

Vibert:
“It’s wrestling and I do a wrestling podcast. Thanks a lot Chad, join us next month again fans, to find out more about…”

PHOENIX WRESTLING COMPANY: PHOENIX RISING

Brent:
“AAAAAAHHHH!!!”

Vibert:
“With Chad Brent or another member of the PWC roster”

Brent:
“My ears…”
Unread 11-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Major League

Phil Vibert:
"-and with that, it's time for the segment you may or may not have been waiting for as Vibert's Voice takes a look at the wacky package that is Phoenix Wrestling Company. They just had their second show last Saturday and I was promised Chad Brent or another person of the roster would be here with the news, but I wasn't expecting the man who actually showed up. Please, introduce yourself to our audience."

Acid II:
"Hello, this is the second incarnation of Acid, or Acid II for short. Good to be here, Mr. Vibert."

Vibert:
"Please, call me Phil."

Acid II:
"Of course, sorry for that mist...I mean, Phil. Acid has a great deal of respect for you and he's passed that down along with the mask. I mean, everyone in the business has anyway and so do the fans..."

Vibert:
"Thanks, I guess, but this isn't about me right now. So, did you sign up with PWC then?"

Acid II:
"Nope, I was just there for the show as part of a talent trade deal, kind of a protege-vs-protege match against Connor Threepwood. Still calling Pittsburgh my home promotion."

Vibert:
"Sound like a sensible booking alright. So, let's take things from the start, or did you wrestle the opening match?"

Acid II:
"No no, it opened with this crazy segment where the Rock City Stars did a song on stage..."

Vibert:
"I see Tank's still sticking with that story. Did they get to play it this time?"

Acid II:
"They did, but didn't play it through to the end."

Vibert:
"Let me guess, that wild-eyed crashed their performance?"

Acid II:
"Yes, but it was pretty entertaining. See, Turner was singing something about a phoenix rising and stuff..."

Vibert:
"Subtle"

Acid II:
"Well it was like a double entendre, because he was singing about the promotion, but then Roxy Kitten comes out in that outfit and she starts dancing, so Turner supposedly tweaks the lyrics and starts going 'ooh yeah baby, make my phoenix rise' and all that"

Vibert:
"Oh dear, it's Spinal Tap all over again..."

Acid II:
"Yeah so once things got there, the other girl came out screaming and started a catfight with Roxy"

Vibert:
"We still don't have a name for her?"

Acid II:
"It's Haley Buck, but I know it because I heard it backstage. Don't think it's been mentioned officially during a show yet."

Vibert:
"Right. Well she's buck-eyed alright, if anyone in PWC wants to use that pun, folks. Consider it a freebie from Uncle Phil."

Acid II:
"Nice one. So yeah, that segment ended abruptly and on to the first match we went, Darkness Warrior versus Ben Williams in an Extreme Tables match. You can imagine how that went."

Vibert:
"Warrior destroyed Williams and put him through a table?"

Acid II:
"Yep, took him like five or so minutes and William sold it like he was mauled by Bruce the Giant."

Vibert:
"Good guy Benny doing the job like he always does. Guess Warrior did better than last month too if the match was kept short."

Acid II:
"He did, plus it was an absolute car wreck, so he looked a lot like the version fans got to know and love in DAVE."

Vibert:
"Took longer than I thought for DAVE to come up again. So what next?"

Acid II:
"I was up next, wrestling Conner. The man Acid passed the mask to versus the man Acid trained and got into the business."

Vibert:
"I'm surprised they didn't go all the way, bring Acid in as a special guest referee or something."

Acid II:
"Well Conner was booked to win, because he's the one who'll be there in the coming shows, I was just brought in for this match. Guess having Acid there would complicate things, they'd have to run with the story and keep him around for a while. Still, we had a pretty good match, I was the flyer, he was the technician, so of course I was the babyface Acid and he was the angry overlooked heel that keeps things grounded, slow and boring."

Vibert:
"Are you sure this was PWC? Because it sounds like they've played it pretty safe so far."

Acid II:
"Well the Rock City Stars were pretty saucy in their lyrics after some point and the girls showed plenty of flesh... Warrior and Ben were pretty chaotic, then my match with Conner was under PWC rules, meaning no countouts or DQs so we got pretty crazy. They gave us twelve minutes too, so we had plenty of time to do our thing and be creative."

Vibert:
"Right. Well, I guess since we're not doing a play by play, some things are bound to slip between the cracks."

Acid II:
"Right, though the next match will sound a lot closer to what you may have in mind as PWC; The Good Ol' Boys versus Jose Flamenco and Vikki Victoria."

Vibert:
"All is right in the world again."

Acid II:
"Except that match. I mean, it was a comedy deal with the gender benders being flamboyant and the rednecks not taking them seriously or being too creeped out to actually wrestle them..."

Vibert:
"The 80s called, they want their gimmicks and bookings back."

Acid II:
"I wish this was booked like they did in the 80s, Thimbleby and Wooton have been portrayed pretty realistically, so they didn't work that well in a comedy match."

Vibert:
"So they put 'actual' rednecks, for lack of a better word, against those two. Pretty risky thing to do in 2016."

Acid II:
"Like I said, this match hit closer to the usual PWC controversial style. And as dreadful as it may have been from a wrestling standpoint, it did provide a much needed breather after the whirlwind of the two matches that came before it."

Vibert:
"Did the drag duo win?"

Acid II:
"Nah, Good Ol' Boys did, though they looked pretty reluctant when they made the cover to score the pin."

Vibert:
"Stuff like this is why I can't bring myself to watch any actual footage. On to the next match!"

Acid II:
"Not exactly, because Xavi Ferrera had some things to say first. Pretty basic promo really, how he respects the likes of Bradley that he was booked to wrestle, but it's time for the old guard to step down and the next generation like him to take over, that kind of deal. I'm making it sound boring, but Xavi really hit the point home, plus he's got the looks and the magic about him. Still can't wrap my head around the fact that Alex cut him loose."

Vibert:
"Was the cheerleader with him?"

Acid II:
"Tabitha? Yeah but she didn't say anything, just stood there looking pretty and drooling over him. Honest to God, I don't think Xavi really needs her with him, even if she's only eye candy."

Vibert:
"Well they gotta show some females and they make sense with these gimmicks. Might split 'em up in some future storyline perhaps."

Acid II:
"I overheard the Wolverine speak about Xavi backstage, sounds like he's counting on him to be a big star for them."

Vibert:
"So they had him beat Bradley?"

Acid II:
"Crazy as it may sound, yes."

Vibert:
"Tank Bradley lost willingly to Xavi Ferrerra? In a show run by Bradley's promotion?"

Acid II:
"Yeah and even if they'd booked it otherwise I bet they switched it on the fly because fans crapped all over Bradley from the moment he got out. I'm talking real heat and not the good kind."

Vibert:
"This keeps getting weirder. Fans of a Bradley owned and run promotion treating him like that? What is the world coming to?"

Acid II:
"That's what you get when you cater to the smart marks. If Bradley won one thing out of this it's that Fererra made him look like a million bucks. At least for as long as Bradley could wrestle, because he looked gassed after the first couple of minutes."

Vibert:
"I'm not gonna comment anything on that."

Acid II:
"Yeah so that was wrapped up by the...eighth minute, maybe? Ferrerra hit a High Impact Frog Splash like it was nobody's business, that was a thing of beauty I'm telling you. Then once that was done with, out comes Mya Catalan to introduce..."

Vibert:
"Skull and crossbones, how hardcore. At least they didn't go with a cage wiring motif or barb wire."

Acid II:
"Not like they do a lot of those anyway, but it's still a title belt."

Vibert:
"What do they call it?"

Acid II:
"Just the 'PWC championship'. No 'world' or 'heavyweight' or 'hardcore' anything."

Vibert:
"Self awareness points, right there."

Acid II:
"So of course the main event was next and it was for the title, Remmy Skye versus Jack Griffith, with Travis Century on his corner."

Vibert:
"That actually sounds like a solid main event."

Acid II:
"It was. Had some great spots, good psychology, a nice flow... Little bit for everyone, really. Griffith took up the wrasslin' part and Skye did the daredevil aerial stunts he's become known for."

Vibert:
"How long did they let it run? I'm curious about Griffith's stamina."

Acid II:
"Official timing is 14 minutes and 13 seconds. He was pretty good, actually. Plus when he ran out of steam to do the southern brawler thing, he switched to oldschool grappling so you couldn't tell if he was trying to ground Skye or if he was going for rest holds."

Vibert:
"Interesting. And what about Skye?"

Acid II:
"You know what, I learned a lot watching him from backstage. It's not easy to keep a match going for so long when you work a style like that. Not just from a safety or stamina standpoint, it's also hard to keep fans engaged without turning into a spot monkey. Smarky fans especially."

Vibert:
"So who won the title? Who's the inaugural PWC Champion?"

Acid II:
"Jack Griffith"

Vibert:
"Did he pin Skye clean?"

Acid II:
"Nope, he had some outside help. Not from Travis Century though, because Skye had taken him out earlier with a plancha."

Vibert:
"So they teased manager interference, then Skye probably got a pop for taking him out, but he still lost due to an outsider. Can't imagine who would run out to help Griffith though."

Acid II:
"That's because he hadn't debuted for PWC up to that point. Meet Cowboy Buck Winchester."

Vibert:
"Ah, the whole southern thing with him, Griffith and Travis"

Acid II:
"Yes, and check this out"

Vibert:
"Oh they have a graphic too?"

Acid II:
"Yeah, looks like they'll be PWC's main heel stable in the immediate future."

Vibert:
"Did the Philly crowd buy into it?"

Acid II:
"Well they beat up Skye after the match for good measure and it got them some heat from the fans, plus Travis Century got on the mic to introduce the new face and the faction while the other two posed with the title behind him over the fallen challenger, but I'm not sure about Winchester."

Vibert:
"He got outshined?"

Acid II:
"Well he was bound to, being a rookie in the ring with such established workers but no, I just think he got the wrong kind of heat from the fans. Like maybe he's a bit too gimmicky and cartoonish for their liking. Then the show was over and he lost to the Silencer in a dark match, just so the fans could be sent home happy."

Vibert:
"Well it's not as crappy as I thought when I first heard Tank Bradley would be starting a promotion and it's certainly getting less crappy with each show. I might actually continue covering the shows, at least for as long as they're still around. Do you think they're a viable case, what with PSW and NYCW in the region?"

Acid II:
"You're the businessman Phil, you tell me."

Vibert:
"Can't say I've been a successful businessman though."

Acid II:
"DAVE may have gone bankrupt, but its legacy lives on to this day. Plus your work since that. But since I see you don't want to get into that, I'll say they certainly provide an alternative to NYCW's oldschool act and at least they're not directly hostile with PSW, who's pretty close to what they're about."

Vibert:
"A valid point. So I'll give their next show a go again, same date next month?"

Acid II:
"Yes, it's called 'Firehouse' this time"

Vibert:
"They're really going all out with this phoenix imagery."

Acid II:
"Looks like it. Now let me just..."

Vibert:
"Why are you taking the headphones off?"

Acid II:
"I've been a fan of this show long enough to know what's coming next."