Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-13-2018, 09:31 AM
Major League

Braulio Moura has schooled Dean for me.

As for the Super Heavyweight division, I'm into Aug '04 and I have just adjusted the weight limits for my SHW/HW divisions, so SHW starts at 251lbs rather than 266lbs. Partly because my HW division was bloated, partly because I felt the 206-265 spread was too wide, partly to give more depth to the SHW division and partly because Kel Ryan was out of fresh challengers after running through Palmer Lette. It has brought Rav Kapur, Gladstone Lopes, Mugur Boc and Mason Archer into the division, as well as aging Tim Boyer, Stafford Alois and Armen Sarkisian. Only Kapur looks like he will give Ryan trouble but it will help cement Kel Ryan as a legend of GAMMA if he ticks off a few more names.
Unread 02-13-2018, 10:19 AM
Minor League

Seconding the Braulio Moura to unseat Dean comment. In my game, Dean beat Ashley Ballard, Buddy Garner and Osmosis Benn (via Split Decision though so not as clear as the others) till Moura finally beat him via TKO.

As for the SHW division, I've embraced the challenge of trying to build it up. Teddy Glossop has pretty much destroyed everyone and can pretty much main event any show with the right opponent, Davey Rushton keeps surprising me with upset victories to remain a strong contender and I've got some younger guys like Moses Amokachi, Bahman Baboumian and a poached Eric Coleman developing and coming up. Plus I moved Mason Archer, Vitor de Melo and Sylvester Collins up to fill it out with some decent fighters.

Considering you can start up a featherweight division with Ziskie and already have Low Level National fighter, I feel a lot of the challenge of building a division has been taken away from me. I picked up Ziskie and Banner for my lightweight division at first, got them both to Mid Level National then made them coaches of a Featherweight COTT. And started a women's division without poaching any current champions at first.

I always like to feel I made the stars, not just poached already made stars, so SHW is perfect since literally no one is a star and it up to you to find the few gems in a division of cans.
Unread 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNNJB9 View Post
anyone got tips on dethroning dean without cheating in the editor , although i will say it does get me invested into his fights but he just had a 10 round decision with napier which i felt he lost , it was very shady , ironically i had made my self a judge in the db before starting the game and "i" had the fight 97-93 which was dramatically incorrect the other judges had it 96-94 which i still do think was wrong there was no way this fight was a UD maybe a split... i guess im ranting at this point , if you have any suggestions on fighters to try and put him against please let me know.
You're trying to dethrone your own champion? Really?

You can always have some talended dudes drop from LHW. Sorkin might get him.

As for the SHW division: you can also sneak Kapur in that division to give the title some prestige and witness the destruction of the field. Meanwhile, Foster can keep the title safe. Nobody loses and you win big-time.
Unread 02-13-2018, 06:05 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
anyone got tips on dethroning dean without cheating in the editor , although i will say it does get me invested into his fights but he just had a 10 round decision with napier which i felt he lost , it was very shady , ironically i had made my self a judge in the db before starting the game and "i" had the fight 97-93 which was dramatically incorrect the other judges had it 96-94 which i still do think was wrong there was no way this fight was a UD maybe a split... i guess im ranting at this point , if you have any suggestions on fighters to try and put him against please let me know.
I put him against Tora Mizwar for his first fight in my save, and he got finished. Think it was in the first round too, but not too sure. I loved that too, since I have a soft spot for Tora.
Unread 02-14-2018, 06:22 AM

On a couple of my games, Buddy Garner is the Daniel Cornier of the middleweight division. He cleans out the division but just cannot beat Dean, no matter how many times he fights him, just like how DC cannot beat JJ.

Also, like I wrote previously Dean was "toxic" due to being in a sex tape scandal so he was out for a while and Garner took over.
Unread 02-14-2018, 06:57 AM
Rookie

i remember you saying that , cause someone commented was it him laying on his wife for 25 mins which i thought was hilarious, with the way i have my rules set up i think its more competitive for him but i still havent found someone to beat him, although i will say people have been definite game to go the distance with him. buddy garner especially , as well as garner is one of my favorite characters in this universe, someone mentioned bringing sorkin down to face him , im thinking about doing that.
Unread 02-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Minor League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
On a couple of my games, Buddy Garner is the Daniel Cornier of the middleweight division. He cleans out the division but just cannot beat Dean, no matter how many times he fights him, just like how DC cannot beat JJ.
The same happened in my game so I just moved Garner to WW. He's not a huge MW and can make WW easy enough,

For me the one to dethrone Dean was Ramon da Silva Ramos, who beat him twice (I gave Dean an instant rematch). After that Dean went on to lose another four in a row! He has won a couple of fights since but doesn't look like he will ever crack the top 10 again.
Unread 02-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Major League

I have had that happen to a few of my ‘dominant’ champs, including Foster and Dean. When they were beaten, their performances declined noticeably. Foster at least briefly won his belt back but lost it on his first defence, then lost again, and finally won an easy fight only to get popped for drugs and have it ruled a no contest. Now he’s sitting out a year on suspension. Perhaps it is merely anecdotal and the champs I’ve had it happen to have reached ‘their time’ and the slippery slope of age has claimed them, but maybe there is an element of loss management? Perhaps some guys need that confidence and momentum built back up before difficult challenges? That would be quite a nuanced psychological step for the AI so I’m probably reading too much into limited data.
Unread 02-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Jim View Post
but maybe there is an element of loss management?
Actually, yes. Foster has an attribute that increase his skills in big matches. Once he's out of the title picture he will become worse.
Unread 02-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Living Legend

I moved Garner down to Welterweight myself for the very reason of Dean slapping him every single time they come together.
Unread 02-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Living Legend

Quote:
My tip would be keep putting him in 10 round fights as it has a high chance of killing the poor sod!

On a serious note, I would move him up to LHW and seeing how he fares at the very least until there is some fresh meat for him to grind back at 185.

Not too happy about my turn of phrase just there given the sex tape comment, but I have committed to it now.
Unread 02-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Rookie

I dont have all my champions in front of me because I dont have the game on this pc but my SHW's have been very interesting and some of the best fights i've had oddly enough. Though George Pickering is an animal and just decimates people, Teddy Glossop got close and he's the only one to give him even a mildly tough fight.

Matthew Dean lost in the very show I had him in. Did a one night tourney for each belt and Matthew Dean got beaten by Decision by Buddy Garner. Haven't had a chance to fight him again to see if he's falling off or if he comes back as the stud we all remember.

So if you want him to lose I recommend one night tourneys to wear him out.
Unread 02-14-2018, 07:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Damnit! One week before my biggest card ever De Vries gets injured. I bring in "The Marine" to fight in his home state (coincidence) but Napier doesn't want to fight him as he's not well known enough. Too bad as local fighters are capped close to HLR and Napier was just 3% over the MLN limit. I didn't "cheat" and adjust the values as it doesn't make sense for the #4 to fight a nobody, even if he is 12-0.
Unread 02-14-2018, 10:47 PM
Low Minors

A couple of months before Manuel Silva vs Alan Kendall happened, and Alan gets injured and will be on the shelf for a year... Serves me right for putting injuries at max - I'm definitely going to lower my injury settings after that.

Guess Silva vs Chambers or Brubaker will be next.
Unread 02-15-2018, 03:34 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNdOn View Post
My tip would be keep putting him in 10 round fights as it has a high chance of killing the poor sod!

On a serious note, I would move him up to LHW and seeing how he fares at the very least until there is some fresh meat for him to grind back at 185.

Not too happy about my turn of phrase just there given the sex tape comment, but I have committed to it now.
i run 10 X 3 mins and knock down rule