Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan55 View Post
One time I did this awesome nine month long storyline with Jack Bruce. Basically, I had a shadowy figure make his life miserable. Made him wrestle multiple times a night. Set up stipulations that gave his opponents to advantage. Bribed officials...

Naturally he thought Rich Money was behind all this because all this would be expensive. He challenges Rich Money who claims he had nothing to do with it, but he'd gladly fight Bruce because he wants a shot at the title. They have a last man standing match, it's brutal and viscous. Bruce barely wins... then, all of a sudden, Eric Eisen comes out and reveals that it was him the whole time! He ends up beating a worn down Jack Bruce for the belt and cackles his way to being a ME heel.

Brilliant work if I must say. :-)

Ok I don't care who you are that was funny :-)

Trevor L
Unread 02-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Minor League

Forgive my long-winded nature and poor typing skills. I've had a long day.

Less of a whole storyline that I'm proud of, but more just the finish.

I had been running a regional-sized company for some years. Was in...2024/25. My company had been all about our main attraction at the time, War Piece. He'd been my companies top star for a couple years, but had begun to take tours in Japan, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before I lost him (happens every game I sign him in.)

His outgoing story was, unfortunately for War Piece, not about him. It was about the rise of my next star, Kip. For me, he was one of the veterans of my little outfit. Older than most I had at the time. He'd done a stint with SWF, but never got above lower mid-card. He was released during one of their fluctuations when they dropped to cult and cut some fat. So I picked him up. He'd been near the top, but up to that point I'd been using him to put over younger talent. Decided that he was consistent enough and good enough (and having rarely seen him go to any of the majors for very long) that he'd be a good top guy for a while.

Story-line going in was about two things: Was Kip too old to be The Man, and could he overcome the company's hand picked "Chosen One, Cameron Jones.

Pretty typical older generation vs younger generation story-line, with the addition of the company's authority figure, Lora Washington, heavily involved against Kip. For the majority of the feud, Kip had been coming up short against War Piece and Jones, while still being successful everyone else. But he could never unseat the champ, and was frequently frustrated in his quest by Washington and Jones. This lead to him becoming more desperate and frustrated. He began playing a more anti-hero type role, trying to take out his enemies thorough other means while still maintaining his essentially babyface disposition. It became a story of how far would he go to eventually prove himself, to prove that he wasn't too old.

What I'm most proud of is how I booked the finish of the feud. Two months prior to the end, Jones had captured the title from War Piece in a triple threat that also involved Kip (who had taken he fall in the match.) I wrote War Piece out with an injury (sent him on vacation; he ended up staying with me a while longer, but I couldn't have known at the time.)

In the lead up to the title match, Washington threw everything in Kip's path. Handicap matches, double-headers, the works. Made him go in number 1 in a 20 man battle royal to finally earn his title shot. The night of the big match, Jones attacked Kip backstage, seeming to injure him. Kip refused to back down.

The match itself was initially scheduled to be a standard match for my company: 20 minute time limit, no count outs, titles can change on DQ. Washington was at ringside, playing the roll of a heel manager. Distractions, hooking the leg, the usual. When Kip still managed to get the upper hand, she nailed him in the back with the title belt. Unfortunately, the referee saw, and called for the bell. Washington stopped the bell, grabbed a mic and declared that she "forgot" to inform the ref that tonight's match was a no DQ match, and orders the match restarted.

At this point, Kip is down and hurt. Jones could easily take the pin, but instead chooses to taunt and toy with the challenger. After about a minute, as he pulls Kip to his feet, Kip gets a flash pin with an inside cradle (completely stolen moment form Bret Hart vs Diesel for the WWF title way back when.) He gets a three count, and the ref again calls for the bell...only to have Washington again get on the mic, this time saying that she "forgot" to mention that this match was a submission only match. The referee consents to restart the match, then immediately ejects Washington from ringside.

Match is restarted. Kip is tired bu reinvigorated by the knowledge that he's beaten Jones already, and can do it again. They go to war: chairs, tables, brawling in the audience. Both men are busted open by the time they return to the ring. Kip, not normally a submission wrestler, manages to clamp on a tight rear naked choke, making the champ go to sleep for the final and decisive win.

After the match, a bloodied Kip is down and slow to recover. He struggles to pull himself into the corner. The ref brings him the title, but he doesn't reach for it, so the ref places it across his lap. Kip remains in the corner, head down, blood dripping onto the title he'd just one. For a couple minutes he seems to be out cold, but then his shoulders start to move. He seems to be shaking, but then he looks up at the camera, revealing that he's laughing. His music hits as the show goes off the air.

(The way I booked this was a ten minute match with a DQ finish, followed by a one minute angle to represent the restart, followed by a two minute match with a flash pin, followed by another one minute angle for the second restart, and finished with another ten minute hardcore/submission match with a clean finish. Show ended with the bloody Kip angle. To keep the title history clean, the championship was only officially on the line in the third match segment. I don't recall the grades being fantastic, but I was happy I had done something I felt was pretty different from my usual work. Felt like something you might actually see on TV.)
Unread 02-08-2018, 04:10 AM
Low Minors

Undertaker vs Sammartino in a '87 mod.

Sammartino was a real pain in the bottom. So I decided to get him manhandeld at Summerslam by Taker. He was leaving anyway.
Unread 02-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Super Star

Where do I start?

I had one storyline where Portia Perez, who initially came in as a scrappy underdog was teamed with Lita, who was arguably my top babyface in the women's brand. Lita helped Portia become more confident. The two even won the tag team titles. It was a good opportunity to give Portia a rub. She even had a couple of world title matches against opponents she was realistically in no position to beat (First against Kharma, then against Gina Carano). Still, I pulled the "family at ringside" and "special in depth video about my journey to this match" angle to sell that maybe... just MAYBE... she might win.

She didn't. She lost both times, despite looking strong against significantly stronger opponents.

Knowing I would be retiring Lita in the near future, I wanted to give her one last run on top. She won the women's Rumble and beat Gina for the title at Mania. During this time, Paul Heyman was actively seeking for clients to manage. He was really interested in Gina, but she had rebuffed him at every opportunity. Still, there was a heavy implication that she would someday take him on.

Meanwhile, Lita promised Portia a title match, but Gina cashed in her 30 day rematch clause at the same time. A triple threat match was set for the next pay per view. This time, there was a lot less fanfare for Portia. No family at ring side, no special promo. She was treated as an afterthought being next to a legend and the female Brock Lesnar.

During the match though, Paul Heyman appears with a chair in his hand. The obvious assumption is that Gina agreed to take him on so that she can win back her title. But instead he slides the chair into the ring when Portia and Lita are in the ring alone. Portia takes the chair, clobbers her former mentor with it and covers her for the win, and her first world championship. She made a deal with the devil himself and started the "Heyman Girl's" faction.

That starts the Portia Perez era. She retired Lita the following month, managed to slither away from (a now babyface) Gina time after time and clashed with the new top babyface, AJ Lee in what is treated like a Bret Hart Shawn Micheals type of rivalry.

I have many more angles I'm proud of that I'm sure I'll put up when I have the time. But this was the first one my storyline slowly built a star out of virtually nothing. She was hired out of a heap of talent I brought in to fill out the women's roster. At the time I knew little about her but just saw she was the most talented out of the bunch stat wise and was among the most popular (Still not remotely good enough), and I turned her into a bonafide superstar and the top heel within 1-2 years.
Unread 02-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Low Minors

My favorite might be the big long thing in AAA, where I had a stable of Devil's Daughter and Rose & Lilly (in their goth outfits) against Katherine Goodlooks. Then Raven Nightfall got released by USPW and I thought, "I HAVE to sign her for this angle!".
Unread 02-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Casey View Post
Possibly the one where my user character dated Stacy Keibler? In my defence, this was a long, long time ago...

I think my favourite was probably the rise of Tom 'Angry' Gilmore from the SWF midcard to the top of the SWF.
Alas, the diary ended before I could explore too much of a potential Money/Gilmore alliance - whether McFly would have allied with them, whether Gilmore would even have succumbed to temptation, I don't know, but it was a fun idea to tease.
Great post. Great storyline, nicely written, felt the care and attention you put into the feud coming out.
Unread 02-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Low Minors

I kinda stole the CM Punk story and used it to get my newest figurehead. It wasn't a planned storyline but it kinda fell into my lap and got me a lot of great angles and matches.

Hollywood Bret Starr had a bad relationship with my user character. He had accidentally gotten over when he was the 4th man for a stable war. Starr got over and the 4th guy in the other stable didn't which was annoying because Starr was taking a lot of losses (He was like 3-16). Starr's contract was coming up and he wouldn't sign so I pretty much gave up. He didn't get any other offers but his contract was set to expire soon after a PPV so I wanted to feed a little bit of his pop to Valiant (my current world champion) and figured he could put on a good enough match.

Shortly before the PPV, Richard Eisen personally extended his contract and suddenly, I had Starr for another three years. I decided to go CM Punk with the story and run a "Starr is leaving and taking the title with him" which Starr announced in a promo at the Supreme TV before When Hell Freezes Over.

So Starr goes over Valiant and escapes through the crowd. Richard Eisen makes his first on screen appearance of my save (2 years in) where he scrubs Starr from the record books and immediately books a tournament for the SWF title. Valiant goes into the doghouse with Eisen and is put in multiple embarrassing matches and denied entry into the tournament. The finals of the tournament at Nothing to Lose ends up with Joey Morgan taking on Jimmy Hernandez. No mention of Starr at all.

Morgan and Hernandez are facing off in the main event. There's a spot late in the match where they are both down and there's a rumble in the crowd as a hooded figure jumps the railing and grabs the new SWF title that is sitting at ringside. Morgan and Hernandez notice the commotion and stand in the ring looking on. The hood comes off and we see Bret Starr smile and give Morgan and Hernandez the finger before he attempts to escape through the crowd. Morgan and Hernandez give chase out of the arena and the ring is empty. The referee has no choice but to call for a double count out.

The next week on Supreme TV, Richard Eisen is livid and demands Bret Starr come negotiate a new contract and return the SWF title. Starr makes sporadic appearances in the crowd where he laughs while Eisen makes his demands.

Eisen does everything he can think of but Starr won't budge until one week, SWF Legend and Bret's grandfather Micky Starr makes an appearance (The first time I used the editor was to get him back into the business for this one appearance). Micky talks about the legacy of the SWF title and his historic run with it. Micky pleads with Bret to not tarnish the legacy of the belt or the Starr name.

Bret comes back next week and says that he doesn't respect Eisen but that his grandfather is his hero and he is the reason that he's in the business so he's ready to negotiate. He's holding both of the SWF title belts and says that even though he respects his grandfather, he's not going to let Eisen push him around and demands a lucrative contract and to be treated like the legend he is. He negotiates a contract, he gets incentives like still being champion, getting to keep the extra belt forever and that he doesn't have to defend his title for the next 30 days while a new contender is decided.

Eisen holds a grudge though and puts Bret into a fatal four way with Valiant, Morgan and Hernandez. Eisen threatens all three men that if Starr walks out of the match as the champion they will be fired. Jimmy Hernandez ends up winning the match in his big "figurehead crowning moment".

Starr continues to be tortured by Eisen. In the leadup to Supreme Challenge, Starr is put in matches with Jack Bruce, Primus Allen and other big time main eventers and goes on a losing streak. Starr knows he's being treated unfairly but there isn't much he can do. The feud ends when Valiant gets his revenge on Starr at Supreme Challenge.
Unread 02-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Low Minors

Local to Global

Glen Ward was my best wrestler from day 1 and quickly became my inaugural champion. He injured my user character, who would go on to be out for 2 months, he would also injure Anders Thunder, who was one of my cheapest options at the time, for 6 months.

After causing his third fight backstage, I finally had the roster enough to give him the boot. He now had a strong dislike towards me, simmering tension with Anders Thunder, and a dislike against Cobra, my backbone of all my heels.

Fast forward to mid 2017 (and I have been running like 13 shows a month since day 1), and Glen Ward pops back up on an indy show...I think about it, and sign him to a short 3 month contract.

My one instant Main Eventer was now automatically slotted as an opener. I made him a Heel, where he would come down to the ring and berate everything and everybody on the way down to his matches.

Ward eventually worked himself up the card, winning our Infinity Gauntlet (My mid-tier championship), before finally cementing himself in the main event.

In order for a wrestler to challenge our top champion, if they had not been deemed the number one contender was to relinquish their championship for a title shot.

Ward did that, he turned in the Infinity Gauntlet, got himself a title match with the champion, Thunderbolt...only to lose the cage match he was put in, and then my user character won the Infinity Gauntlet that same night....Glen Ward was then released from his contract.

It was a great 6 month storyline with his rise up just to not become a 2 time champion.
Unread 02-09-2018, 02:31 AM
Low Minors

ECW 2001 game, it's August 2003. CM Punk has been top face for about two years and has held the ECW title since beating heel Tommy Dreamer for it at November to Remember 2002, but that's a different story. ECW held the first ever King of Extrene tourney where the winner would face the ECW champ at N2R 2003, won by Rob Van Dam. One person that wasn't in the tourney was rising heel Christopher Daniels, who was very confused by this development. GM Paul Heyman told Daniels that he "just wasn't ready yet", even though he had beaten RVD clean last November to Remember. After constant begging, Heyman gives Daniels the title shot at Heat Wave. Before the show takes place, Heyman steps down as GM. At Heat Wave, Daniels becomes the new ECW champion. Punk then murders Daniels causing a double turn, and ECW's first 100 rated segment.

Next week on Hardcore TV, Heyman explains that, since he hired him, he's made sure Punk gets the best out of everything, and that he resigned as GM due to accusations of corruption. Punk has sold his soul to the devil, and Heyman recruits some more members of a new stable: The Dangerous Corperation. They get Jeff Jarrett, Great Sasuke, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Air Paris and Mister Huffman (Maven). They have one goal in mind: get the belt back on CM Punk and make him keep it.

One of the big parts of the gimmick is that Heyman often asks big names to be in the group, and when they refuse, they get decked by the Corporation via chairs, always ending with a Jeff Jarrett guitar shot. Rhino, Rey Mysterio, Sabu, TAKA Michinoku, all destroyed by them. Punk wins the belt back on free tv after major interference from the Corperation. After the match, Heyman cuts a promo asking for Rob Van Dam. RVD comes out in a full suit and shakes hands with Heyman. He then hits him with a big roundhouse, and takes out the group with the help of Daniels and others. It ends with RVD hitting a Van Terminator on Jeff Jarrett using the guitar.

Next week, RVD cuts a promo saying he doesn't like either Daniels or Punk, and that he wants the belt just as much as the others do. Daniels and RVD begin recruiting members for their causes. Daniels creates a stable called the Conspiracy, which is TAKA Michinoku, Rey Mysterio, Rhino, Super Crazy and Joey Matthews and Brian Danielson. Meanwhile RVD creates Flying High, featuring the Sandman, Sabu, Low Ki, Psicosis, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles. It's an all out stable war.

There are several stable vs stable matches at November to Remember. Danielson beats Joe, Styles beats Paris, Psicosis, Ki and Sandman beat TAKA, Mysterio, Rhino, Jarrett, Huffman and BG James (who substituted for Sasuke after he noshowed due to an M-Pro show), and of course, in the main event, Daniels beat RVD and Punk to once again become ECW champion.
Unread 02-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Super Star

I have probably mentioned this feud before in one of these threads, but it's still my favorite even though I didn't get to play it out. I had a long term SWF game where I had built Angry Gilmore to be my top heel and champion and The Awesomeness had gotten so over I was plotting their breakup and who would be the heel and the face. But my favorite storyline I was planing involved some lower card guys- Matthew Keith and Greg Gauge.

Matthew had made the roster first, as a face, and was working with some other indy darlings probably Mainstream and Kirk Jameson. When Greg joined as a heel I didn't want it to be confusing (kayfabe) so I put him under a mask as the Japanese "Incognito" (a Tverse mask in the generic folder)

My plan was to build both up to midcard status and at some point switch them making Matt the heel and Greg the face. They would engage in a feud that would culminate in a Hair vs Mask match that Matthew would win. Then Gauge would unmask to his brother's shock and attack him and the feud would continue.

I just loved the idea of the two of them in the middle of the ring, face to face. Gauge pulling off the mask and Matt's eyes going wide as he sees who it his, the crowd popping and Greg getting his heat back to contiinue the feud
Unread 02-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial311 View Post
I kinda stole the CM Punk story and used it to get my newest figurehead. It wasn't a planned storyline but it kinda fell into my lap and got me a lot of great angles and matches.

Hollywood Bret Starr had a bad relationship with my user character. He had accidentally gotten over when he was the 4th man for a stable war. Starr got over and the 4th guy in the other stable didn't which was annoying because Starr was taking a lot of losses (He was like 3-16). Starr's contract was coming up and he wouldn't sign so I pretty much gave up. He didn't get any other offers but his contract was set to expire soon after a PPV so I wanted to feed a little bit of his pop to Valiant (my current world champion) and figured he could put on a good enough match.

Shortly before the PPV, Richard Eisen personally extended his contract and suddenly, I had Starr for another three years. I decided to go CM Punk with the story and run a "Starr is leaving and taking the title with him" which Starr announced in a promo at the Supreme TV before When Hell Freezes Over.

So Starr goes over Valiant and escapes through the crowd. Richard Eisen makes his first on screen appearance of my save (2 years in) where he scrubs Starr from the record books and immediately books a tournament for the SWF title. Valiant goes into the doghouse with Eisen and is put in multiple embarrassing matches and denied entry into the tournament. The finals of the tournament at Nothing to Lose ends up with Joey Morgan taking on Jimmy Hernandez. No mention of Starr at all.

Morgan and Hernandez are facing off in the main event. There's a spot late in the match where they are both down and there's a rumble in the crowd as a hooded figure jumps the railing and grabs the new SWF title that is sitting at ringside. Morgan and Hernandez notice the commotion and stand in the ring looking on. The hood comes off and we see Bret Starr smile and give Morgan and Hernandez the finger before he attempts to escape through the crowd. Morgan and Hernandez give chase out of the arena and the ring is empty. The referee has no choice but to call for a double count out.

The next week on Supreme TV, Richard Eisen is livid and demands Bret Starr come negotiate a new contract and return the SWF title. Starr makes sporadic appearances in the crowd where he laughs while Eisen makes his demands.

Eisen does everything he can think of but Starr won't budge until one week, SWF Legend and Bret's grandfather Micky Starr makes an appearance (The first time I used the editor was to get him back into the business for this one appearance). Micky talks about the legacy of the SWF title and his historic run with it. Micky pleads with Bret to not tarnish the legacy of the belt or the Starr name.

Bret comes back next week and says that he doesn't respect Eisen but that his grandfather is his hero and he is the reason that he's in the business so he's ready to negotiate. He's holding both of the SWF title belts and says that even though he respects his grandfather, he's not going to let Eisen push him around and demands a lucrative contract and to be treated like the legend he is. He negotiates a contract, he gets incentives like still being champion, getting to keep the extra belt forever and that he doesn't have to defend his title for the next 30 days while a new contender is decided.

Eisen holds a grudge though and puts Bret into a fatal four way with Valiant, Morgan and Hernandez. Eisen threatens all three men that if Starr walks out of the match as the champion they will be fired. Jimmy Hernandez ends up winning the match in his big "figurehead crowning moment".

Starr continues to be tortured by Eisen. In the leadup to Supreme Challenge, Starr is put in matches with Jack Bruce, Primus Allen and other big time main eventers and goes on a losing streak. Starr knows he's being treated unfairly but there isn't much he can do. The feud ends when Valiant gets his revenge on Starr at Supreme Challenge.
Damn, thatís insane!
The first part was awesome with Starr stealing the title and such, but I donít understand the rest of it, why put him on a losing streak?
I mean, you did say you stole the CM Punk story, but you didnít need to copy the bad booking he had after MITB
Unread 02-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy View Post
Damn, thatís insane!
The first part was awesome with Starr stealing the title and such, but I donít understand the rest of it, why put him on a losing streak?
I mean, you did say you stole the CM Punk story, but you didnít need to copy the bad booking he had after MITB
The way it was booked, Starr was supposed to be a heel. We weren't in the same place as WWE was so Starr walking out was more about feeling personally disrespected and didn't have that additional edge of "and all the fans know the product sucks" so I figured SWF would be booing him (but I guess Vince probably thought that too).

It was a weird place after he lost the title. The next PPV was the annual tournament so I either had to have him become an against the odds face/tweener or have the authority continue to screw him. I knew I wanted him to keep feuding with the authority but I wanted Hernandez to move on and be the figurehead (So I guess I turned him into a successful Del Rio?). Valiant needed closure on it also so it did kinda turn into a mess near the end the more I think about it.

Starr did end up retiring Vengeance in his next feud after that as he transitioned to a "legend killer" and is still a main eventer. He hasn't been too close to the title though.
Unread 02-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Living Legend

My stories in my first run through of my RtG fed in the C-Verse AWE were great until I putz'd up the save. Melvin Otto was leading a cult bent on taking over the world. Electric Dreamer was playing a future version of herself who had travelled back in time to stop his evil plot. My user character Lobo Solitario was a man possessed by a wold spirit - kinda like a werewolf - and I forget the other worker but his character was a hunter who was out to get said werewolf.

As the fed got bigger it was revealed that the belt itself had mystic powers. When Lobo held it, it helped him suppress the beast within. But it turned out that his was all a plot by the company owner who was an agent of hell to bring about hell on earth. She did it by bringing out a faction called the sinners. Two of who were acolytes of Melvin Otto who turned on him. At one point we had Wrath, Greed, Pride, Envy and Lust but the faction ended up being defeated.

Wrath - Hell's Bouncer - ended up staying on with the owner of the fed and changed his name to became the horsemen Death. Reaver - the former Hell Monkey - came in as the horsemen War, Acid came in as pestilence but got hired somewhere else on a written so Acid II took his spot, and one of the women I forget who came in as Famine. So our story became the rest of AWE versus the coming of the Apocalypse.

I did an alien invasion angle at some point with a number of workers being sleeper agents of an alien army the whole time. And then another agent of hell represented by Cherry bomb came take Madam Bat the owner back downstairs after all her failures. And it ended up being a three faction war between Bat's hell's rebels, Bomb's reapers, and the good guys caught in the middle with the assistance of an angel who's divinity was inhabiting the body of a retired from the ring Lobster Warrior.
Unread 02-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Minor League

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apupunchau@optonline View Post
My stories in my first run through of my RtG fed in the C-Verse AWE were great until I putz'd up the save. Melvin Otto was leading a cult bent on taking over the world. Electric Dreamer was playing a future version of herself who had travelled back in time to stop his evil plot. My user character Lobo Solitario was a man possessed by a wold spirit - kinda like a werewolf - and I forget the other worker but his character was a hunter who was out to get said werewolf.
I remember reading that old diary, I always like The Time Travelling Luchadora Electric Dreamer.

P.S. I do believe that The Hunter was Preston Fuller of 4C
Unread 02-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temes1066 View Post
I remember reading that old diary, I always like The Time Travelling Luchadora Electric Dreamer.

P.S. I do believe that The Hunter was Preston Fuller of 4C
Yeah you're right Preston Fuller. Keeping up the diary was hard though. I'm good at starting them but hard at keeping them going. Also I must admit its even harder when you're not sure people are reading.

I started anew actually but Dreamer isn't on my roster this time. Now I have Ralph Liotta as the time traveller and Jonah what's his name from MAW as Sir Jonah a knight from the past. They're a team called Future Past fighting against Madam Bat and her behemoth Monster Ishimura.