Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 > Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Minor League

Default Post-Show Event Naming

This isn't as commonplace in 2019 as it used to be, but it could still be beneficial, especially for older mods.

The idea is that a lot of companies won't actually name their events until after they happen. For instance, an indy company might advertise their event as "Independent Championship Wrestling: Live", but then when the event is over, it gets given a proper name for distribution and historical purposes.

So maybe that show has an invasion angle that wasn't announced ahead of time, but ends up being the big thing at the show. While it was advertised as "Independent Championship Wrestling: Live", the distributed version, and the historical documents surrounding it, would be labelled as "ICW: Invasion".

I'm fairly positive that Ring of Honor, Major League Wrestling and other bigger indies used to do this a lot in the early-2000's.

ROH's Unscripted event is a good example of that, off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure it was advertised as something different, but the travel problems that a lot of talents had led to a complete re-working of the show and the naming of it to Unscripted.

So, I'm suggesting that we can go in and alter past event names for a set time period. Maybe you get like a week, or a month, where you can go in and alter the event name before it gets locked in as whatever it was set as.

Might help with event cataloging for a lot of players... or if you want to run the MMA style and use the main event as the subtitle, you can set it as what it's supposed to be, but if you have changes to your card because of injury or some other thing happening, you don't have "WWE: Styles Vs Bryan III" listed with a main event of AJ Styles Vs Randy Orton because Bryan got injured before the show, or showed up in no condition to work, or whatever else.