Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 5 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-15-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
All three are in.
How would you have to change a fighter that he uses these creative and flashy punches at a very high rate?

I personally have seen a flying knee very rarely and I think only in situations where a fighter was dazed. And maybe a spinning backfist ones but I'm not 100% sure right now. A Superman punch definitly escaped me up until now though.
Unread 03-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Low Minors

how do i copy the default database? i want to make changes to the database but want to keep the current one in case i want to go back to the default later. forgive me for what might be a stupid question
Unread 03-15-2019, 04:35 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverbure View Post
how do i copy the default database? i want to make changes to the database but want to keep the current one in case i want to go back to the default later. forgive me for what might be a stupid question
There's no way to do it from within the game itself. You'll need to find the database folder on your computer and copy the file there, then rename it. When you go back into the game you'll see the copied database with the new name. My file path to the database folder is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\WMMA5\Databases
Unread 03-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Low Minors

Anyone have ideas on what might be leading to my champions only fighting once every 10-11 months in a save I'm simming rather than actively playing? They'll often fight 2-3 times per year when they first get the title, but within a year or two the company seems to settle into a rhythm of only scheduling title defenses once every 10-11 months. Most if not all of the contenders below them continue to fight several times per year. But even with recuperation, suspensions, and injuries turned off, and the company set to "saturation" scheduling, the champs are rarely getting scheduled to defend their belts.
Unread 03-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
There's no way to do it from within the game itself. You'll need to find the database folder on your computer and copy the file there, then rename it. When you go back into the game you'll see the copied database with the new name. My file path to the database folder is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\WMMA5\Databases
i've copied the database and pasted it into the other reopened the game and the copied database is still empty. so i dunno what im doing wrong
Unread 03-18-2019, 12:53 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverbure View Post
i've copied the database and pasted it into the other reopened the game and the copied database is still empty. so i dunno what im doing wrong
So the new database shows up in game but there's nothing in it? I can only imagine that would happen if the database you copied in the first place was empty. I've attached an image of how the database folder should look if, for example, you had only the default database and then made a copy and renamed it to make a UFC database.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (38.1 KB, 2 views)
Unread 03-18-2019, 07:30 PM
Low Minors

I noticed that there are cheat codes for TEW2016, and now I see where we can input them in WMMA5. Are there any known cheat codes for WMMA5?
Unread 03-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I noticed that there are cheat codes for TEW2016, and now I see where we can input them in WMMA5. Are there any known cheat codes for WMMA5?
Unless Adam reveals them some time later Goldeneye64-style (they waited years) I don't think there are any. It's mostly used to help with bug reports and you're not supposed to disclose them.
Unread 03-19-2019, 04:29 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Unless Adam reveals them some time later Goldeneye64-style (they waited years) I don't think there are any. It's mostly used to help with bug reports and you're not supposed to disclose them.
Aww, too bad. Thanks for the reply.
Unread 03-19-2019, 07:08 PM

If I set injury recuperation to none, will big company's constantly use there big stars over and over ? I am talking like 5-6 events in a row without really using other talent from their roster ? I just want to set it for convenience to set up the fights I want and not make my champ defend his title every show.
Unread 03-20-2019, 11:36 AM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
If I set injury recuperation to none, will big company's constantly use there big stars over and over ? I am talking like 5-6 events in a row without really using other talent from their roster ? I just want to set it for convenience to set up the fights I want and not make my champ defend his title every show.
Nope. In fact I've kind of seen the opposite. With a company's scheduling style set to saturation and recuperation turned off, most of my fighters in their primes fight 2-3 times per year. Prospects sometimes maybe as many as 5 times per year. But the champs get into a rhythm of only fighting once per year. Which is disappointing and I wish I could figure out why it's going that way. It should be noted, though, that my testing has occurred in a universe where my company has many, many options that are strong enough to headline their own shows. Perhaps if there were fewer viable options the company would schedule the champs more often.
Unread 03-22-2019, 11:22 AM

Default A question about changing the fighters age in editor

I am playing with the RealWorld Mod and started with one of the smallest company's and have the following question.

I was wondering if in the editor I change a characters age and make them younger if they are less likely to retire ? I ask because starting small I hire all rookies pretty much due to cost and talent theft. I enjoy playing this way and working my way up the ladder but since it is a slow burn I would hate to finally reach the top only to have all the great fighters of our time or currently top fighters all retire by the time I hit the big time.
Unread 03-22-2019, 11:23 AM
Low Minors

Anyone know a good method of using the editor to force a company into allowing a takeover? I imported a company with the intention of making them into a child organization, but even when I put them $50 million in debt and advance a couple weeks they are still unwilling to sell.
Unread 03-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Phenom

Quote:
Anyone know a good method of using the editor to force a company into allowing a takeover? I imported a company with the intention of making them into a child organization, but even when I put them $50 million in debt and advance a couple weeks they are still unwilling to sell.
This has been asked many times. It’s not the amount in debt, it’s the length of time in relation to company size (and there may be other factors) so unfortunately there is no way to force it to go faster. It could be months or years.

Edit: post 925 by Adam in this thread:

Quote:
As covered in-game, it's not about how much debt they have, it's how long they've been in debt. Large companies need to be in debt for years before they'd be willing to sell.
Unread 03-22-2019, 12:01 PM
Low Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBigB View Post
This has been asked many times. Itís not the amount in debt, itís the length of time in relation to company size (and there may be other factors) so unfortunately there is no way to force it to go faster. It could be months or years.

Edit: post 925 by Adam in this thread:
Ah, I see. Thank you. My apologies for not finding the previous answer(s).