Grey Dog Software

Go Back   Grey Dog Software > GDS Central > World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-14-2017, 02:31 PM

Default Creating a Database and Fighters

I'm looking to create a small database having anywhere from two-three companies. Companies would start with 0-25% momentum and unknown popularity. All fighters (including new ones) would start with clear records and unknown/zero name value. I would like all fights to happen with one of the companies (no local show fights). Basically, I want to have a database start from the beginning of MMA and develop from there. During my tests, companies that I don't control will not sign enough fighters, even if I set divisions to have a target amount of 25. Also, some fighters that do have contracts may never get a fight booked. I would love some tips on how I can go about accomplishing my goals for the database.
Unread 03-15-2017, 04:14 AM
GDS Developer

To be honest, I just wouldn't advise attempting this - the game won't break with such a scenario, but it certainly isn't optimised for it and with zero popularity anywhere it's going to create a glacial pace of progress, especially with no local shows. You have to remember that the primary two ways for a fighter to gain popularity are to appear on shows that get a lot of viewers and to beat more popular fighters - both of these are removed in your scenario, so they'd be limited to the less powerful secondary routes of getting dominant wins and being in exciting fights. Likewise, companies gain by putting on fights people want to see - with no popularity anywhere, your scenario also removes (or severely limits) that option. You've also got a balance issue in that you're creating a scenario where MMA is for all intents and purposes completely unknown and yet there's three professional companies who are somehow all in existence to begin with, so you're putting the game world at even more of a disadvantage when it comes to expanding.

In short, I think you're setting yourself up for a very, very frustrating experience by pushing the game in a direction that it's not really designed for.

Last edited by Adam Ryland : 03-15-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Unread 03-15-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland View Post
To be honest, I just wouldn't advise attempting this - the game won't break with such a scenario, but it certainly isn't optimised for it and with zero popularity anywhere it's going to create a glacial pace of progress, especially with no local shows. You have to remember that the primary two ways for a fighter to gain popularity are to appear on shows that get a lot of viewers and to beat more popular fighters - both of these are removed in your scenario, so they'd be limited to the less powerful secondary routes of getting dominant wins and being in exciting fights. Likewise, companies gain by putting on fights people want to see - with no popularity anywhere, your scenario also removes (or severely limits) that option. You've also got a balance issue in that you're creating a scenario where MMA is for all intents and purposes completely unknown and yet there's three professional companies who are somehow all in existence to begin with, so you're putting the game world at even more of a disadvantage when it comes to expanding.

In short, I think you're setting yourself up for a very, very frustrating experience by pushing the game in a direction that it's not really designed for.
Thank you for the clarification Adam. So I'm thinking that the only thing I may do is clear fighter records and I may just have to accept that local fights will happen.

Another question. I want to create fighters primarily using the fighter template. If I use a base template of 7 for all the fighters, will destiny, the game engine, or anything else help ensure that some fighters will get better while others get worst or remain a 7? Or should I mix up the template numbers? I want to avoid knowing before hand who's good, average, or bad.
Unread 03-16-2017, 03:34 AM
GDS Developer

The number you pick just informs the stats they'll have to begin with, their career path \ destiny would differ from game to game.
Unread 03-18-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
The number you pick just informs the stats they'll have to begin with, their career path \ destiny would differ from game to game.
Thank you
Unread 05-19-2017, 08:20 PM

How can I prevent generated fighters appearing in the game. Editing eras? I only want fighters that I create coming into my game.
Unread 05-20-2017, 02:38 AM
GDS Developer

Yes, you would need to use Eras.
Unread 05-21-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, you would need to use Eras.
What is the best way to prevent the generated fighters? Would
Modern Fighters 0%; Crossover Stars_none; Male Quality_Low; Woman Quality_Low make that happen?
Unread 05-22-2017, 04:34 AM
GDS Developer

Sorry, I hadn't realised this was a WMMA3 question - you can't use eras (or anything else) to stop generated fighters in that game. The best you could do would be to have so many fighters in each weight class that there's never a shortage and so the game never has to add new characters to meet minimum levels. That would stop most generated fighters, although I'm not sure how sustainable that would be as the minimum level relates to the number of companies, and so the more that become active, the more fighters you need to have in place.

WMMA4, which is what I thought we were talking about, is where you could use eras to do what you're asking.
Unread 05-23-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I hadn't realised this was a WMMA3 question - you can't use eras (or anything else) to stop generated fighters in that game. The best you could do would be to have so many fighters in each weight class that there's never a shortage and so the game never has to add new characters to meet minimum levels. That would stop most generated fighters, although I'm not sure how sustainable that would be as the minimum level relates to the number of companies, and so the more that become active, the more fighters you need to have in place.

WMMA4, which is what I thought we were talking about, is where you could use eras to do what you're asking.
Thanks Adam. Your post makes me feel better because I was trying to figure it out before posting.